Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Religion , What do you believe? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeah,Religion
  Atheist.
  Boeddhist
  christian
  Jewish
  Muslim
  Pagan
  Other
View Results

Happedol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:19 am
Ravynne Sidhe
Happedol
Ravynne Sidhe
I'm Eclectic neo-pagan though I'm thinking of converting to Neo-Wicca.

I believe religion can be a very useful tool depending on the person. Some people do well with religion, others don't. I don't think religion should be forced on anyone, it should be up to that person to choose what religion they want to be apart of and what they want to believe. We have free-will after all.

I never really got what Neo-Wicca really is, could you try and explain that for me please? I always thought it was a bit weird to use the term 'Neo-Wicca' since the religion itself is failry young.
Neo-Wicca is basically solitary Wicca. It's the progressing idea that you don't need to initiate in a coven, and can practice on your own as long as you adhere to the rituals and don't add too much or take away the orthopraxic core of Wicca.

Ah, I see, thanks for explaining that to me ^^. And what about the Oathbound experience/knowledge? I mean, how do you get acces to the oathbound material without being initiated into a lineaged coven?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:35 am
Happedol
Ravynne Sidhe
Happedol
Ravynne Sidhe

I believe religion can be a very useful tool depending on the person. Some people do well with religion, others don't. I don't think religion should be forced on anyone, it should be up to that person to choose what religion they want to be apart of and what they want to believe. We have free-will after all.

I never really got what Neo-Wicca really is, could you try and explain that for me please? I always thought it was a bit weird to use the term 'Neo-Wicca' since the religion itself is failry young.
Neo-Wicca is basically solitary Wicca. It's the progressing idea that you don't need to initiate in a coven, and can practice on your own as long as you adhere to the rituals and don't add too much or take away the orthopraxic core of Wicca.

Ah, I see, thanks for explaining that to me ^^. And what about the Oathbound experience/knowledge? I mean, how do you get acces to the oathbound material without being initiated into a lineaged coven?
The difference between British Traditional Wicca and Neo Wicca is that BTW goes on Inner Court which is oathbound. Neo-Wicca goes on Outer Court which is open. British Traditional Wicca is oathbound, whereas Neo-Wicca is not. Oathbound material isn't neccessarily apart of the core, it's the orthopraxy or rituals that are apart of it. :3

While British Traditional Wicca and Neo-Wicca share the name Wicca, they're really two different religions. One was created by Gardner, the other is created by Cunningham. :3  

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Agent Mallard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:46 am
I believe in God and I believe in having a relationship with God, so I guess I would say I'm a Christian in short but I do believe that you don't have to follow a religion to have that relationship with God and Jesus.
I've been Catholic before and I've been Atheist and honestly, accepting God saved my life.

I think that its not always that churches are corrupt or doing stuff wrong, cause, yes there are some like that, but a lot of churches are not. People who don't believe in religion or God or anything are constantly choosing to focus on the negative. Like, that church on the news that stole money or how "God hates gay people".

And I think a lot of times, its the people who don't have a religion that are much more close minded then people who do. I never had someone who was religious shut me out when I was atheist but after I gave my life to Jesus literally ALL of my friends who were atheist dropped me because "I had become one of them." And with all the bashing that goes on between them, it doesn't sound very open-minded like many atheist claim to be.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:56 am
Ravynne Sidhe
Happedol
Ravynne Sidhe
Happedol
Ravynne Sidhe

The difference between British Traditional Wicca and Neo Wicca is that BTW goes on Inner Court which is oathbound. Neo-Wicca goes on Outer Court which is open. British Traditional Wicca is oathbound, whereas Neo-Wicca is not. Oathbound material isn't neccessarily apart of the core, it's the orthopraxy or rituals that are apart of it. :3

While British Traditional Wicca and Neo-Wicca share the name Wicca, they're really two different religions. One was created by Gardner, the other is created by Cunningham. :3

Thank you for explaining that a little further. As long as people differentiate between BTW and Neo-Wicca it's fine ^^. I'm going to read a bit up on Cunningham since I've heard so much about him but really don't have that much of info on him.

Happedol

Traumatized Dollie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:55 am
I am a proud, but extremely unorthodox Christian. I converted in February of this year and I've sat for hours thinking my beliefs through.

I was an atheist, and I still hold onto the mentality I had then in some situations; if it isn't logical, and I can't trust it, I refuse to trust it. One of the things this applies to, for me, is the bible. I just can't look at it and think that it can still be accurate with all the translations, all the openings for editing by humans, and with the small possibility that it was the word of God in the first place. I also believe in evolution and reincarnation.

My beliefs on the afterlife are that if you are a good person in life, and you genuinely care about the welfare of others, you will make it into Heaven. Doesn't matter if you are atheist, Christian, pagan, Muslim, Jewish, gay, straight, bi, transgendered, cisgendered, etc., etc. And Heaven, to me, changes to fit the individual's view of the perfect world (here's hoping I one day find myself in a giant magical rave in the sky x3). Then one spot in Heaven remains constant in appearance and location, where you can go and talk with Jesus or just be around Him if you want to.

However, if you are an all-around terrible person who advocates hatred and doesn't care at all for others (again, regardless of religion, gender, sexuality, race, whatever), your mind will shut down after death. No eternal suffering or anything, because I refuse to follow a deity who would sentence anyone to that, but no eternity in your personal paradise, since you have knowingly and willingly done others wrong and brought them misery.

But if there is not enough evidence of you being a good person while you are alive on earth, you will be reincarnated in another body and live on earth over and over until there is enough evidence of who you are inside for you to be accurately judged.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:11 am
I'm not entirely sure if I should believe in a higher being.

I like the idea of heaven, and that there is a being watching over all of us.
But I'm a nerd. And I LOVE science. And sadly, there is nothing in science that proves any of this exists. In fact, if you do a little history, you'll find that religion was originally thought up by women as a means to comfort their loved ones after death. It was only later corrupted by men as a means to control the masses.

I guess that'd throw me in the line of Atheist. Though I'll never judge you based on your religious views. ...Unless you're bible thumping in my face, then I'll probably get a little upset >.<  

ChibiLlama4

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Puffiefish

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:13 pm
Matron Mord Sith
At this day and age I honestly do not know what to believe in anymore.

-Right?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:23 pm
I believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I don't think that anyone's sexual orientation dictates where they're going after death, and I don't think that you need to be baptized in order to be saved. What counts is the heart and if you're a good person. I'm not strongly influenced by the Bible--it's more like guidelines on how to live, but not to be taken quite literally.

Hrm...evolution and religion can and do go together. Reincarnation does happen [I believe in Old Souls].

There's a whole lot more to what I believe, but I'll just set myself into the Christian Category.

Poofta

Malevolent Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250

thespeckledfreckle

Fashionable Streaker

7,100 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:39 pm
Eek, the stretch on the first page almost killed me.><
I'm Athiest../Humanist../Naturalist..but I'm not entirely sure because I do kinda believe in reincarnation; Energy cannot be created nor destroyed..so..? stressed
I tried to start to become Wiccan..I never finished the book on it though..heh.
I just don't understand, honestly.
I also don't like the hard headed people that find out I'm athiest and then bug me about going to hell..-.-''' I mean, who are they to judge?D:
Not all are like that, and I thank those who aren't.:3

o 3o

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:14 pm
        i'm agnostic. always have been, i believe.
        i just don't think that's there's any actual proof that god exists.
        i hate revealing that i'm agnostic to people, because people automatically start shoving their beliefs down my throat. stare
        i live in the good ol' bible belt.

FenHareI

Beloved Prophet

EarlsGarden

Newbie Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:33 pm
My family is Atheist, but I personally believe I'm Catholic. I believe in the beliefs of the Catholic religion. I know the Christian and Catholic are similar but I don't know I just FEEL Catholic you know. I'll go to church and find out when I'm older (:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:54 pm
SmileUponMyStar
My family is Atheist, but I personally believe I'm Catholic. I believe in the beliefs of the Catholic religion. I know the Christian and Catholic are similar but I don't know I just FEEL Catholic you know. I'll go to church and find out when I'm older (:
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -

If I recall correctly, simply believing you are a Catholic isn't going to make you a Catholic. If you want to become one, then you need to do the Sacraments, starting with Baptism, reconciliation, Communion (also known as Eucharist) and Confirmation.

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Elinin

3,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:42 pm
I'm a Christian, though I do admit that I have my doubts and issues, and I'm currently sorting them out right now. I was actually brought up as a Christian, but I was agnostic for a while, before deciding to convert back because I felt that I had not been trying hard enough as a Christian. So now I'm doing some Bible reading and attending Church and cell group.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:33 pm
I am personally christian- by choice. My parents are not religious at all really. Well my mum beileves in heaven but never made us go to church or anything. When i was about six i came accross a childern's bibl- at the time i couldn't read it but the pictures told the stories by themseleves. Soon i learned to read them and loved it- i believed in it and started praying every night and just a year ago i got babtized. Now i walk to church by myself every sunday despite people's opinions. I believe in the bible- always have and always will. That's basicly my story....true story.  

thomlina

2,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Short Melancholic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:44 pm
I'm a Christian, and, it's strange for on Gaia, but I believe in going to Church haha and I actually go.
I have a relationship with Jesus Christ, and try to talk to him daily, He is my everything.
I think the only way to Heaven is through Jesus.
And I think denominations are nonsense. I was raised in a Methodist church, I started going to a Non -denom (which is an awesome place and awesome youth group before I went to college) in 7th grade, and I've been visiting a Catholic church recently and I like it a lot I've been considering going Catholic, if only my family will accept it.
Daddy's a Methodist pastor and they aren't too sure about "them Catholics" lol  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff