Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zathura

4,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:27 pm
Hullo, My name is Julia, I'm 25 and live in Vancouver B.C. Canada
I'm about 180-185 lbs currently, which is a vast improvement over what I was 10 months ago (I've lost 28 lbs), but I really need to take charge, and not rely on the medications to look after me.

I have these current health problems:
Hypothyroidism - on which I am on medication
A muscular disease which I will not disclose - not on medication
Severe depression - Not currently on medication
PCOS - On medication
Insulin resistance - On medication

I am also on some herbal and vitamin suppliments.

I've had PCOS since puberty (11 years old), and have been over weight on and off since I was 19. I am now completely infertile and have insulin resistance which is making my life a living hell.
I'm on such a high dosage of Metformin that one of my other doctors even looked it up in the books in front of me to make sure that was under the limit.

I'm moving out in April, which I'm hoping I can really take control, because at the moment, living with my family, I have little control of my diet, and have no money right now to spend on my own food. And of course we can all relate to the fact that 'resistance is futile' when someone brings crap home and its fair game on the table.
I also have a muscular problem since childhood, which hasn't been so much of a problem until recently. I've had a thyroid deficiency for the last 7 years, and I have such a severe form of depression I have been classed as handicapped and am on a disability pension. So I have a few things working against me, and are also easily used as excuses even when they are all not to blame.

I worry about the health my heart, getting hypertension, and developing diabetes.

I know the quality of my life will improve with the loss of weight and my health problems will be far more manageable.

I do not have a recent picture to share, the one in my profile is a about 2 years old

Height: 5'0"
Highest Weight: 210 lbs
Current Weight: 182 lbs
Goal Weight: 120 or 125 lbs
BMI: 35

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:15 am
Hello, everyone! My name is Anita, but I don't mind if you end up calling me Jenny. I've been on Gaia for a few years and just joined this guild. I'm 19 years old and I've been trying to lose weight for years. My worst habit is that food is entertaining to me, and we all know where that leads: over eating. Because of this, for years I would wake up not feeling hungry, but eat a normal breakfast anyways because I thought I should.

I had hovered around 185 for about five years, and I somehow got up to 195. At that point, I got serious about my weight. It took all summer, but I eventually got down to 175. Then the fall semester started, and I got it all back. I didn't have time to exercise in my schedule, and at the end of December last year, I weighed over 200 for the first time in my life. It's been a week and a half and I already weigh 10 pounds less (yay, go me!).

Alright, enough of that, here's my stats.

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 192
Would like to weigh: about 150
BMI: 31.9 which is considered obese (30 or higher, so I'm on the light side of obese)

And a picture!
User Image  

lionantlers12066

9,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

lenady

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:04 pm
Better go ahead and do my intro. If I don't I"ll procrastinate and never actually do it. I'm a 23 year old English major who's never been very good at staying active or healthy. My main problem is a weak immune system I think.... I've always gotten colds really easily. Partly to do with a slight case of asthma and slightly because I tend to overdo it when I start doing something and end up running myself into the ground. I've decided finally though that I"m going to get myself into better shape. I used to be pretty thin until about 5th grade, and I don't know what happened after that. I've never been extremely overweight, just enought to annoy me and affect me physically.

A note about myself... I also ramble ^_^. But hey, we're not completely our diets or weight problems, so here's me in a few sentences. As previously stated, I'm an english major and I want to be a youth librarian eventually. I love fantasy novels and kids books. I'm somewhat of a geek and love anime, video games, and just started playing WOW with my fiance a bit ago.

As for stats:

Age-23
Weight- 156 I think
height- about 5'5''
bmi- 26
my weight goal- somewhere around 135  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:24 pm
Hello! I've been in the guild for about a week or so and have yet to say a word. Yay me. sweatdrop Ok! My IRL name is Adrienne, feel free to just call me Blood since everyone I've spoken to on Gaia has, 'cept my friends which call me woman. I've been a fattie my whole life, but have only done something about it in the last two or three years.

My highest weight was about 298. I WAS 210, but lots of preparing for a convention, and me falling off the bandwagon, has placed me at my current weight of 238. I'm working on it! My goal weight is 167. I'm not entirely sure WHY I wants such a specific number it's just always sounded right. biggrin

I am either 5'6" or 5'3", my city's Health Department is retarded and hasn't given me a steady height yet! First time I went I was 5'6", February of 2006, then I was at 5'4", then 5'3", then it kinda bounced between those two heights.

I have one big fear of losing weight - the excess skin. I fear the 'bat wing' look and all the rest I've seen on TV. Sadly I know it's something I will be going through if I am to achieve my goal (which I WILL evil ). Knowing that insurance doesn't cover the surgery to remove the skin makes me all the more fearful, but I will reach my goal.

I believe I've rambled long enough. It's time to go back to sitting here doing these darn puzzles and not exercising my fat. stressed Good luck you guys! Oh yeah! And I'm twenty-one. Later! domokun

DrawBlood

Wilomena

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:38 am
Hello my name is Natasha and I am 28 years young biggrin I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 19, not long after my Mother separated her second husband. I guess I was traumatised with the events leading to the divorse that caused my bipolar to trigger. I went from 125 lbs to 225 lbs in under 3 months. I was pricked and proded for all sorts of things but nothing surfaced.

My highest wait was an embarasing 300 lbs before christmas. I then started having health problems that threatened my chances of bearing children. So I decided to start to excercise. I lost 20 lbs in a month and a half without changing my eating habbit. All I did was bike for 30 minutes 5 days a week.

2 weeks ago I encountered a problem with my husband. We both took resolutions to work on our relationship. Mine is to loose 100 lbs by christmas 2008. Him, being a twig, vows to eat healthier and lower his cholesterol levels seeing the doctor is worried with them at the moment.

People that he works with (whom are also on diets) suggested that I start eating better and gave me many different trend diets. I decided to take it on my own hands and make a mix and match to what I thought was good

All of the past 3 months really has taken its toll on my own confidence. Its starting to show with my work, with my person friendships.

I was figuring joining this guild, with many other people who suffer the same problem, I may get more possitive support smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:13 am
Hello Everyone!! 4laugh heart 4laugh
My Name is CherryCupCakes I'm going be 17 soon, I wiegh 145 pounds and my goal weight is 111. I'm also 5"4

User Image  

CherryCupCakes

Elf 582

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:36 pm
Hi, guys! My name is Mandy and I'm twenty years old. My story is similar to Wilomena's.

At nineteen years old, I weighed 113 lbs. in the hospital; I was (barely) considered underweight. For months before this, I had been refraining from eating much at all for self-control. I went from 121 lbs. to 113 lbs. in a short period of time.

Some time during that, I developed schizoaffective, which is basically schizophrenia plus a mood disorder (unipolar depression in my case). I thought God was telling me not to eat, or He would kill me. So I didn't eat. "God" only allowed me to eat a few bites at dinner, and even then I would get these hallucinations of being burned, and I thought it was a taste of Hell. I'd get silent screaming from "God" in my ears, too (hard to explain). My mom panicked and soon I was in the emergency room and then the mental ward.

The psychiatrist in the hospital put me on Zyprexa, which is notorious for weight gain. It slows the metabolism, increases the desire to sleep (10+ hours a day), and massively increases appetite.

Needless to say, I gained over 60 lbs. during the 6-7+ months I was on it.

I now weigh 171 lbs. I was hospitalized again during Christmas of '07. The new medication I was on (Abilify) stopped working. I was a mess. In the hospital I lost 5 lbs., but my scale at home still reads 171.

I am on Risperdal now, which has the same appetite problem of Zyprexa but to a lesser extent.

My goal weight is 120-130 lbs. I've cut my calorie intake significantly and have started going on walks for about half an hour daily.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:41 pm
Hai! I'm christowns, and I am 16. I currently weigh 250 lbs. I would like to be in the healthy range of 19.5 BMI, Instead of 33.4. Any support would be nice, considering I like to avoid going out for sports or Exercising, though I really need too. I Like to Scuba Dive, but I don't do it enough for it to be considered exercising.  

Christowns

NekoSmile89

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:47 am
Hey i'm NekoSmile89, i'm currently 18. And am 5'2. I've been overweight my whole life, sometimes I think that is why I can never imagine myself thin. I've never been there. I do not know how much I weigh, it's over 300. Since the scale only goes that high and it hasn't been able to read me in a while. So that is my first goal, i'll be happy when the scale says 299.5. Because then i'll know i've lost something. My worst fear is ending up like them people you see on TV who can't get out of bed. I gotta lose weight before that becomes my future. But it's really hard when living in a house that doesn't have healthy food in it. I'm thinking about seeing if I can help pick out food, and preparing it, but still I don't know where to begin. And having friends who love to eat junkfood and alot of it doesn't really help. And how I hate the way the fat moves when I try to play DDR. And it's just discouraging everything is. Because I don't think I can do it, even though I know I have to, ya know?

I really hope this guild can help me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:26 am
Hallo I'm Iconised Ghost, I'm 20 years old, 165 cm tall (5'5'' i think?) and weigh 85kg (187 pounds). Obviously, I work in the metric system but i'll try and convert it to imperial for people here xd

My goal is to lose 20kg over the next year, about half a kilo a week.

I can stick to strict diets, i have done it before so i know i can. At the moment I am finding it hard to get motivated, hence i thought i would join the guild!  

Iconised Ghost

1emon

Tipsy Noob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:20 am
I am completely comfortable with my weight, I just want to change my eating habits. I snack a lot, and have eaten unhealthy lunches for a long time now. Most of the food guilds on Gaia haven't been posted in for months or years, and this guild seemed like a perfect place to motivate me make healthier food and stick to eating it.
I exercise during summer, but not much during any other season because of the weather. (I live on my bike.) All I have now is gym class and small bits of DDR. I'm a student (high school), so homework is my top priority. I have large class loads, but I'd like to try exercising more as well. I have already started keeping a lunch log here in the journal section. I'd love comments on how I can improve my lunches or what could be added to make them healthier.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:23 am
Hello there~.
My name is Sam and I'm 19. n_n Gonna be 20 in a few months. D: But anyway... I'm a guy, I'm 5'2'' tall (yeah, I know, shut up), but I weigh just under 160lbs ... which is clinically obese for my height and build. u_u Luckily for me, since I'm short, 10 lbs is enough to put me back in the healthy weight range, but I want to lose about 20 - 25lbs.

I used to have a diet of 1,200 calories a day and between 20 - 24g of fat and I used to exercise/work out regularly, but now I have a job and can't always keep up with that so I just eat whatever now and rarely exercise. Er, I pretty much just snack throughout the day now, which is okay since I haven't been gaining weight (but neither have I been losing). I want to change that and get back to losing weight.

My goal is to weigh around 135 by the time I turn 20 (which is in October), which means I need to lose ~22lbs in 8 months. n_n; That's just over .5lbs a week!  

Nielek

delete_my_existence

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:28 am
Hi all! Thank you for accepting me to this guild :3

I'm not going to lose a lot of weight because my weight is pretty normal, but I just want to get back to my old weight :3

my BMI is 22,3 and I want to go back to 19,5 :3
I know it's only few pounds to loose, but that seems to be hard for me since I don't really know if my diet has changed or what is the cause of this extra weight I've gained during the past year.

I reasently started going to joga classes, but I don't like it there, so I quit.. I'm trying to find a more active hobby for me :3 something that will make me sweat!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:29 am
Hi, My name is Alexi, and I've got a lot of weight to loose... ._. Let's see if I can explain it without looking like a fat fat fat person. Which I *am* but I certainly don't look like I weigh what I do...

I weigh 220 lbs. I didn't always weigh that, but I've always been a bit pudgy.

This is currently what I look like. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/White_Winged_Atlantian/?action=view¤t=Picture193.jpg

I have an extremely muscular build. (I got it from my mother. o.O) Like. I can lift 450 lb on a leg press no prob and I've always been strong. So pretty much my minimum weight is 140. I was looking pretty good at 165, but I never trimmed down past that. What I'd like to do now, is get back to 165... and then see where I want to go from there.

I know WHY I gained the weight. I worked at a wilderness lodge, and I got a lot of excercise and ate good food. Then I went to college and started gaining weight, although that wasn't so bad. Then I moved in with my (then) boyfriend and started REALLY gaining weight because his idea of food was a plate (a BIG plate) heaping with pasta/perogies/something else gross and fatty COVERED in cheese. Then I started working at a taxi place where I got to eat all day and sit on my a** and be stressed and cry in fits and bursts. Which was not good either.

My weaknesses are: Cheese, candy, pasta, cream sauces, rice, and Dun dun dunnnnnnnn PORTION SIZES!

D:  

Lady Schist

PrettyConfetti

6,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:26 am
Hello!
I know my user name here is not very nice for a guild like this, but it's froma song I swear
gonk

Some people just call me YGIHE.
I'm 22 years old and the last time I weighed my self I was about 130 lbs.
I know that may not seem like a lot but all that weight came from having a baby about 9 months ago, and I can't seem to lose that baby fat.

I guess after nine moths of getting fat and knowing that there was nothing I could do about it made me a lil lazy.

I wear a size 10 jeans( depending on the brand, you know how it is )
Before I had my baby and got pregnant I wore a size 3. and weighed about 100-96 lbs.

Seems to me that all the baby weight has made it's home in my butt and thighs. Some of it seem to have like to hang around my tummy.

I'm not looking to to get in my old jeans maybe just to get in a size 5.
At first I was happy to be in a 10, they were so easy to find then 3's.

My husband loves me no matter what, but I know deep down that he misses my old body. I think we both know that I'll never look like I did when I was 18. But I wanna get close.

I want to start eating heather and laying off the soda, or just start to drinking diet.

I have never had to look after my weight or what I ate so this is going to be hard to me.

I just want to get this under control before it gets out of hand.

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games