Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:17 pm
Tea, like wines, can be paired with food.

A couple things to consider is how sensitive your stomach is, what kinds of foods you like and the season where you live.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:11 pm
My roommate has a cookie recipe book, and I found one for green tea shortbread.  

TheDisreputableDog

Calixti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:39 pm
Being that it's RIDICULOUSLY hot, I've had a craving for iced tea. I make it by making a cup of tea as normal but with double the tea, then pouring the tea over ice--not the fanciest, but it works. How do you guys do iced tea?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:00 pm
I cold brew a lot of my tea. I simply put the tea into the water as per normal (awaken etc) then allow it to steep in the fridge to taste.

Aracha takes about seven hours. That's about the longest time I have seen for tea to steep to my taste.  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:24 am
Never had iced tea except some peach flavour stuff in switzerland that made me feel ill. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:51 pm
Iced tea... is interesting.

~hides the Sweet Tea on Fiddler~  

TeaDidikai

Calixti

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:40 pm
TeaDidikai
I cold brew a lot of my tea. I simply put the tea into the water as per normal (awaken etc) then allow it to steep in the fridge to taste.

Aracha takes about seven hours. That's about the longest time I have seen for tea to steep to my taste.
That takes far too long as far as I'm concerned, but it does have the plus of not having to figure out the proper tea/ice ratio.

EDIT: On second thought, I do have a big easy-to-clean waterbottle that I could use and still use the other method for iced tea while I have it in the fridge. Maybe I'll give that a try tonight.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:21 pm
Tea, any chance we're next together you would let me watch you awaken something and see if it's something I can see/sense?  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:04 pm
Deoridhe
Tea, any chance we're next together you would let me watch you awaken something and see if it's something I can see/sense?
Little "a" awaken or Big "A" Awaken?

Really- I expect to do one for sure. The second I have no problem with you being present for and examining, but I'm not sure I would do it only to sate your curiosity- out of respect for whatever we were waking up... if that makes sense.

Now... if we have a reason to awaken something- no problem. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:05 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
Little "a" awaken or Big "A" Awaken?

Really- I expect to do one for sure. The second I have no problem with you being present for and examining, but I'm not sure I would do it only to sate your curiosity- out of respect for whatever we were waking up... if that makes sense.

Now... if we have a reason to awaken something- no problem. heart

Both. It would be both curiosity and ... hrm.... a deeper curiosity, if that makes sense? A new skill area that I would like to move into, but would not like to move into blind, deaf, and dumb.

However, big 'A' awaken should be for a purpose, I agree, so if one doesn't occur when I'm around it will eventually, I'm sure.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:10 pm
Deoridhe
However, big 'A' awaken should be for a purpose, I agree, so if one doesn't occur when I'm around it will eventually, I'm sure.
Fair enough. But you're a smart gal. I'm sure you'll figure this stuff out.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:13 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

Fair enough. But you're a smart gal. I'm sure you'll figure this stuff out.

I'd rather be knowledgeable before I need something, rather than pull it out of my a** after the fact. Granted, the later is more in line with my older brother, but I'd rather go inline with my old man and know more.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:41 pm
I'm a major tea lover, drink the stuff fairly regularly smile My favorite is definitely Chai. I started drinking Chai lattes and the like several years back, but then last year I had real Masala Chai at an Indian restaurant here in Korea, and nothing compares any more!

I grew up with Celestial Seasonings (lived near Boulder), used to go to their factory a lot, where they have a lovely little tour (I tell ya, walk into that peppermint room, and your sinuses will be clear for hours!). We used to grow and brew our own mint as well. I've had major stomach problems all my life, so it's really useful.

Loose tea is my new love though. My mom brings me back tea from Korea all the time, and my sister's made it a new tradition to give me a couple of teas and a mug every year for Christmas. My favorite currently is a traditional Korean tea - it might be tisane, but I think it's a white tea. I can't remember what it's called, Mountain Dew Flower or something... It's lovely! It has a light reedy taste, but the after taste is honey; it's one of the most pleasant things I've ever experienced. Plum and pomegranate tisane are also very popular here. I picked up a couple of mugs last year, which means I don't have to use a tea ball anymore YAY! I still need to get a tea set though... Anyone have any interest in Korean teas? I have another 6 weeks to check stuff out for you smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:55 pm
The Indubitable Katie-Kat
TeaDidikai

That takes far too long as far as I'm concerned, but it does have the plus of not having to figure out the proper tea/ice ratio.

EDIT: On second thought, I do have a big easy-to-clean waterbottle that I could use and still use the other method for iced tea while I have it in the fridge. Maybe I'll give that a try tonight.

The way we've always done it in my family is sun tea. They have containers for it; you put several tea bags in water and put it outside in the sun to let it brew until it's the strength you want it to be, then you take the bags out put it in the fridge. If you like sweet tea, put the sugar in during the brewing process. My mom has informed me that we used to also make "moon tea" lol I got a sun tea kit for my apartment next year, which really excited my roommate.  

Ainwyn

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:35 am
Rajani Kali
I'm a major tea lover, drink the stuff fairly regularly smile My favorite is definitely Chai.
Do you mean Masala Chai?

Quote:
Loose tea is my new love though. My mom brings me back tea from Korea all the time, and my sister's made it a new tradition to give me a couple of teas and a mug every year for Christmas.
They have some amazing Blue-Green teas that come out of Korea.

Quote:
Anyone have any interest in Korean teas? I have another 6 weeks to check stuff out for you smile
As soon as Our Tea Master in Lynnwood gets back, I'm going to be studying Korean teas.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games