Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Food Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:17 am
Please note, I did look for this. Evidently I didn't go far enough back...  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:47 am
Er - you're not in trouble or anything.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:04 pm
My posts on the last page seem like a long time ago, wierd.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:57 am
I'm not a great fan of British Cuisine. Some of the seafood ideas that we have developed are wonderful...But I just prefer french cooking. Sorry!  

Le Aristocrat

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:33 am
Le Aristocrat
I'm not a great fan of British Cuisine. Some of the seafood ideas that we have developed are wonderful...But I just prefer french cooking. Sorry!

I do too, in many ways. Not in the haute cuisine form, unless it hits me where I'm weakest, but a lot of their paysan dishes are heartily wonderful.

A lot of English makes me happy, and is satisfying, but more French foods than English inspire my secular worship of them.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:42 am
Hm, yes and I couldn't survive without my supply of Italian water buffalo mozzarella... mmm... so good!  

Emmanuela

AkibeJosephus

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:09 pm
Right now I'd commit sweet murder for a decent plate of gammon, egg and chips.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:59 am
Invictus_88
Le Aristocrat

I do too, in many ways. Not in the haute cuisine form, unless it hits me where I'm weakest, but a lot of their paysan dishes are heartily wonderful.

A lot of English makes me happy, and is satisfying, but more French foods than English inspire my secular worship of them.

The best of French cooking is in Pastries, Seafood or Duck in my opinion.

Nothing beats a bowl of Moules Mariniere with a couple of slices of baguette and a glass of burgundy...

Or a warm Croissant with Apricot Jam...

Or Duck with Chestnuts... gonk I'm so hungry!  

Le Aristocrat

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:43 pm
Le Aristocrat
Invictus_88
Le Aristocrat

The best of French cooking is in Pastries, Seafood or Duck in my opinion.

Nothing beats a bowl of Moules Mariniere with a couple of slices of baguette and a glass of burgundy...

Or a warm Croissant with Apricot Jam...

Or Duck with Chestnuts... gonk I'm so hungry!

They are truly the Gods of pastry.

<3

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:32 am
I am much more a fan of good old English pastry (mmmmm pie).
French food is generally too far up it's own arse for my liking. Anglo-Indian cuisine is a marriage made in heaven. Give me a lamb jalfrezi over any French dish any day. *grabs the takeaway menu*  

Rev.Matt

Shadow__Dweller

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:40 am
nothing beats fish and chips from the chippy xp you don't get chip shops elsewhere.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:55 pm
Knightsedge
illyrianth
One of my American friends always finds the idea of Spotted d**k particularly hilarious...

haha. I still can't keep a straight face when someone is offered some of that vile dessert. whee

I have heard of it but throughout my time here, I've never been told what it is..And whether it's offensive or not, in this case, I really cannot help grinning sheepishly.  

Creatio ex Nihilo

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:59 pm
Foetus In Fetu
Chicken Tikka Masala XD.

That is so the best. Mum's promised to teach me how to cook it over the summer. How do you prefer it? Covered in sauce or dry with the option of added spicyness?

I quite like the vegetarian version of Toad in the Hole. I refuse to eat pork.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:13 pm
The bacon and egg sarnies from the greasy spoon across the road from my shop.

I do love my nan's roast dinners though.  

mr gimp

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:33 am
mr gimp
The bacon and egg sarnies from the greasy spoon across the road from my shop.

Bacod and egg sandwiches are the best. Ideally with a greasy soft-yolked fried egg, drippy bacon and in some sort of white bun.

Glorious stuff!

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces