Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Film Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:05 am
Koshkah
The Harry Potters (who has not been in those films who are British, well theres me but thats beside the point)

Come on, British? In all four of the films there has only been one British production house used (Azkaban, P of A Productions Limited; Warner Bros., Heyday Films, and 1492 Pictures have worked on nearly all the films and each is a US company) and every time it has been a major US distributor behind it, namely Warner Bros. Aye, there may be British actors used but the film is by no means British.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:16 am
Yes, but at least they have British actors in, unlike many films with supposedly British characters- Mary Poppins and Constantine spring to mind.  

girl_no_13

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:50 am
Constantine wasn't bad, though who are these supposed British elements?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:59 am
Invictus_88

John Constantine is supposed to be British, well, from London actually.  

girl_no_13

Koshkah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:35 am
Invictus_88
Ah, Love Actually.

Wouldn't it be nice if our PM actually did something like that?

3nodding

Would be lush but the chances of that happening are slightly out of our favour, oh bolderdash! wink  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:37 am
A Lost Iguana
Koshkah
The Harry Potters (who has not been in those films who are British, well theres me but thats beside the point)

Come on, British? In all four of the films there has only been one British production house used (Azkaban, P of A Productions Limited; Warner Bros., Heyday Films, and 1492 Pictures have worked on nearly all the films and each is a US company) and every time it has been a major US distributor behind it, namely Warner Bros. Aye, there may be British actors used but the film is by no means British.

British Actors, British Story, Set in Britain, Warner Brothers just Pay for it all AHAHAHAH.
It's British blaugh  

Koshkah

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:09 pm
girl_no_13
Invictus_88

John Constantine is supposed to be British, well, from London actually.

Oh, snazzy.

Seems I've just betrayed my ignorance then..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:16 pm
I have another one: Wallace and Gromit: the case of the warerabbit biggrin rofl The funniest film I have seen all year it is absolutly brilliant i am still laughing at it now!  

Koshkah

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:18 pm
It's not edgy or dark or cool, nor is it momentous or groundbreaking. However I do like "Love Actually".

It is nice, it's lovely and nice.

And just now, it made me cry. Damn it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:59 pm
Invictus_88
It's not edgy or dark or cool, nor is it momentous or groundbreaking. However I do like "Love Actually".

Yeah I have that on DVD.

I like Micky Blue Eyes but that's not really British, just Hugh Grant is. English people trying to pull of a new york accent is just a no no. lol  

LLT

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:14 am
LLT
Invictus_88

Yeah I have that on DVD.

I like Micky Blue Eyes but that's not really British, just Hugh Grant is. English people trying to pull of a new york accent is just a no no. lol

What about Audrey Hepburne?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:36 am
Anyone seen "Tea with Mussolini"? It's beautiful, really very good.

It manages the rare feat of being English and not kitch. It has some great actresses too, including Dame Judi Dench as a dotty artist.

Invictus_88
Captain

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:04 pm
As a kid there was a British made-for-TV version of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I just mention it because I had highly enjoyed it then as I still do today.

I know it's not one of the best examples of a British film, but it is still one of my favorites.^__^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:29 pm
Speaking of tv dramatisations, did anyone see Johnny and the Bomb?
Never watched it myself, but it was supposed to be good.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Masada

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:41 pm
I love the film Zulu. Not the type of film I usualy like but it has this charm about it that I love. Shaun of the Dead deseves a mention aswell. And I am also a fan of the Carry On series.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff