Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-A M P-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:36 pm
Perrian
Ok, so maybe only one subforum would be a better idea to use then making multiple subforums.

And how messy was RPS without subforums?

not bad at all actually... There was only the rules, character creation, character submission, active adventurers, shop, 2 dungeons, and the tavern.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:39 pm
lol, sounds like the simple good ol' days.

(haha, I'm about to make life even more complicated too, if Fargore lets me get away with it... rofl )  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:39 pm
Also as I pointed out on the other page. Organizations will probably be working together in the beginning to complete quests. That will be a whole lot more manageable if this all in one sub forum.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:13 pm
I think one subforum would be best so I will make it as soon as the organizations are set, and I hope to post the current her in a little while (tonight).

And you know there’s not a whole lot of point in donating to the guild right, it has as much money as it needs. If you’re going to donate gold, donate it to your favorite DM. wink xd  

FARGORE
Captain

-A M P-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:46 pm
I cant wait!!!!

whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:47 pm
I took both suggestions for buff support and made it so that you can either get one point in a specific stat or spend 2 CP to be able to buff any characters stats.

For divine shield since Fury said it was the low CP cost to get the skill that was bad I increased the CP cost to 6. If that’s no good then I will take any suggestion that I’m given to balance it.

Added a notation for Reflect

Familiar and ghost rewarded so that they die if the user does and they can be stunned.

I also dropped the CP of status Undead to 4 because GC said it was not as good as Phoenix and should have a lower cost.

I think we should wait for now on any official connection between the organizations, what we can do is include association references in the descriptions for now and maybe later when we have enough orgs. to make it fair we can run some special events to start combining them. I think things are complicated enough right now with them just being introduced. We can always continue the discussion and implement it later when we have a consensus.

With all that, this would be the current final product.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Council: holds the key of order. Equip, defense and protection based.
Item: Council badge: E1, nullify one normal attack each round
Make: defense items

Skills
Protect: CP1, prevent 2 damage of any type to any other character per a combat per a CP in this skill.
Potion +2: CP1, +2 slots on potion belt, can only be purchased once.
Throw Weapon: CP2, use an equipped item that only has bonus to attack, gain 3x its normal bonus for one attack, the item is not usable for the rest of this combat.
Guardian: CP 4, any damage reduction available to the character (combat die for defense, abilities and ext.) using this skill can be transferred over to another party member each round of combat. The type of damage reduced does not change.
Throw potion: 3 CP, you may use a potion you are carrying on another member of the party.

Church of the Divine Mother: Holds the key of faith. Buff and Support based.
Item: Spell Heal
Make: potions

Skills
Buff Support: CP2, at the beginning of combat increase any stat (excluding life and equip) for any one other character by the number of points you have in this ability till end of combat.
Buff Stat: CP1, when you put a point in this ability select a stat (excluding life and equip, you may select different stats with each purchase of the skill) at the beginning of combat you may increase another characters respective stat by the amount of points you have invested in that stat for this skill.
Transfer Life: CP2, every round you can transfer any amount of life you wish to any number of players. The life you transfer must still be available at the end of the round (you cannot transfer life you would have lost during that round of combat) and you cannot reduce your own life to less than 1.
Divine shield: CP 6, for every one MP you use place a divine shield charge on any one other character. The charge will completely stop all damage dealt to the character from the next source of damage.
Touch of Faith: CP2, once per round, you may remove any negative status affect from a member of your party. This effect takes place at the end of the round.
Healing aura: 1CP, all health gains (Besides temporary hit points) are increased by 1 point of Hp, for every point in this ability. You can place up to five points in this ability.

Token Creators: Holds the summoner key. Token and Creation based.
Item: Mist Beast Token (Die c 3/3)
Make: tokens

Skills
Quick Clone: CP 1, duplicate a token out on the field under your control for one round (ability can be used one time per a quest per a point in ability)
Sacrifice Creature: CP4, destroy a token you have out to gain its CP worth of MP and AP mixed anyway you choose.
Convert: CP 1, turn a monster you defeated into a token, the total CP worth of monsters that can be transformed this way per a quest is equal to 2x your CP in this ability.
Loyalty: CP 6, all tokens under your control can block normal attacks aimed against you once a round (per a token).
Token Belt: CP 1, you may carry to more tokens. Only purchasable once.
Animal Activist: CP4, At the end of a turn in which a token you controll would be destroyed, you may sacrifice any combination of MP and AP equal to the token's CP to instead have it unusable for the rest of the quest.

Lancers: Holds the key of power. Self Prevention and Reversal based.
Item: Lance: E5, +5 attack
Make: offensive items

Skills
Reflect: CP 4, use a combination of 3 AP/MP to reflect one select damage source (can by any damage type, not that if there are multiple damage sources thrown at you in a given turn, like an attack and an action, you can only reflect one source, or either the attack or action, not both) directed at you this turn back at the original user, the damage type remains the same.
Intangible: CP 8, one turn per a combat the character may become intangible and cannot be the target of anything, the character cannot act in anyway but does still gain AP/MP, regeneration and ext. for the turn as normal.
Absorb for Life: CP 3, one time per a quest you can negate an action or spell targeted at you and gain its AP/MP x 2 in life.
Absorb for Points: CP 3, one time per a quest you can negate an action or spell targeted at you and gain its AP/MP in AP/MP respectively.
Perfect Defense: CP 2, use 4 charge coins to activate, you are immune to damage from outside sources this turn, can only be used once per a quest per a 2 CP spent on ability.

The Elites: Holds the key of crises. Team damage based.
Item: Action Meteor
Make: actions

Skills:
Build up: CP 4, Gain 1 point of Combat for each 5 points of Damage dealt in a team up. Bonus last only as long as the battle where the bonus was earned.
Split Self: 4 cp (+ 2 per a form past 1), costs 2 AP to activate, character splits into several forms for one combat round, all states are divvied up amongst all forms evenly (total must be even, you don’t have to split STR evenly between them evenly but the total of all states except life must be even for all forms) except life, HP max and current is divvied up evenly and then combined at end of turn, abilities must also be divvied up based on CP cost (uneven is per DM discretion). All forms cont as normal targets as far as hold off, spell/action targeting ext. all forms pull from the original AP/MP pull and still only get the normal amount of AP/MP a turn.
Shockwave: 1 CP, cost 1 AP to activate, for every 1 CP you have invested in this skill you can select one opponent to be considered attacked once for the purposes of being held off. Each member of the combat can only be selected once per a use of this skill regardless of how many targets you can choose.
Strike Opening: CP 4, you deal x2 damage if you deal damage while part of a team up (this is calculated for the final damage after any damage reduction effects).

The Beast Masters: Holds the key of distortion. Pet based and change based.
Item: Leash (E1, tamer (1))
Make: pets

Skills
My Friend: CP 1, make a pet under your control invincible for one turn per a point in this skill per a quest. Only purchasable three times.
Transformation: X
May change into a transformation you have designed in advance at a given time (the transformation replaces your current character stats for the duration of the combat) for one AP and one MP with character points total = 4 * X. May only transform once per combat, and changes back at the end of combat. You can invest up to a max of 1/4 of your total character points on this ability. You may only purchase this ability once.
Recruit: CP 1, at the beginning of each quest the DM will assign a character with this skill 3 cp worth of monsters for every one CP in this skill. The monsters are the DM’s choice and are based off of what is in the area that the quest takes place. At the end of the quest all monsters that are still alive return to their home.
Charm: CP 2, takes an action use, costs 1 AP and 1 MP to use, take control of one enemy for this round, counts as a stun effect.
Tamer +: CP 1, you can control 3 CP worth of pets for each rank of this ability, can only be purchased 2 times.
Pet potion belt: CP 1, can only be purchased once (even if you have multiple pets), select pet can carry two potions as a potion belt.

The Crypt: Holds the key of death. Drain and life support based
Item: Spell Life Drain
Make: charge items

Skills
Life Drain: CP 4, for every 5 damage you deal with a normal attack you heal 1 life.
Vampirism: CP 4, the user of this ability heals 1 HP for every 1 HP another member of the party willingly sacrifices. Only one member of the party can sacrifice HP in this manner per a turn.
Status Undead: CP 4, if at the end of a turn the character with this ability is at less than 1 hp they have a 1/2 chance of remaining alive for one more turn (if at the end of the next turn they are still at less than one HP they can check again).
Raise Dead: CP 3, costs 2 MP to use, bring one fallen party member back as a skeleton with the “Status Undead” ability. Each character can only have this ability used on them once per a quest.
Summon Ghost: CP 4, use 3 MP to summon, stays till the end of combat, every turn the ghost can use a spell that the summoner has at a magic stat of 4 or, take control of one enemy for this round (counts as a stun effect, if it fails it counts as the ghosts action for the round). If the user dies during combat then the ghost dies as well, ghosts can be stunned and count as a lieutenant.

The Illuminati: Holds the key of Mana. Magic based.
Item: Spell Stun Bolt
Make: spells

Skills
Loremaster: CP 3, May learn any single spell used by an opponent in combat by defeating that opponent with Stun Bolt.
Spell specialization: CP 1, select a spell you wish to put a point into, when casting that spell you count as having two more points in magic for every point of specialization for that spell. can only be purchased 3 times.
Familiar: CP 4, the familiar has a magic stat equal to the MP spent when summoning it. The familiar gets its own 1 MP a turn and can cast any spells the summoner has. The familiar lasts till the end of the combat. If the user dies during combat then the Familiar dies as well, familiars can be stunned and count as a lieutenant.
Magic Critical: CP 2, use one charge coin to double the damage of a spell. Usable once per a combat.
Reincarnation: CP 4, when the character with this ability dies they return as some kind of small animal (no I’m not going to be really specific on what it has to be). The character can still talk and continue being part of the party as the reincarnation. In combat the reincarnation is not considered a valid target for any kind of damage. It is considered to have an attack of 1 and cannot use actions or spells and has no AP/MP pools. If reincarnations are the only things left in the party the party has lost.  

FARGORE
Captain

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:49 pm
All looks good to me!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:59 pm
New for the Illuminati:
Master Caster: 2CP
Chose one spell you own, this lowers the cost of that spell depending on the total MP cost of the spell. You may only have 1 rank per spell. Max 3 ranks total.
1 to 5 MP = -1MP
6 to 10 MP = -2 MP
You may not change your choice, even if you no longer own the spell.

New for The Crypt:

Essence Burden: CP4
Once per Combat, for every 5 damage you cause after resistances and defenses of a single attack, you may instead reduce the target enemies life stat by 1. Round down if needed. The life stats return at the end of combat, but the health does not.

did you change you mind on these? You said they would be implemented, but i don't see them on there. Just wondering, cause it'll make a big dif in what org i choose smile  

-A M P-

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:09 pm
How about throwing in the caveat for Divine Shield that you cannot use the Party MP?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:13 pm
Master of Gladiators
How about throwing in the caveat for Divine Shield that you cannot use the Party MP?
Why not? The MP is saved to be used by the party, so couldn't it also be used to protect the party?  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:18 pm
I may be overreacting to the power balance of Divine Shield; I'm just throwing out another idea to provide an option. If it gets shot down by the rest of you cause you think Divine Shield is fine the way it is, I got no problem with that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:32 pm
Amp your abilities have been added. So everyone just consider them to be in there as well.

And gladiators, what if I reduced the CP back down to 2 and made it require 2 MP per a charge?  

FARGORE
Captain

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:47 pm
How about 4CP and 2MP? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:48 pm
I can swallow that, if there are no more issues I can post them officially tomorrow.  

cat_girl_nukunuku

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:50 pm
Or a thing that might allow it to still be 1MP is make a limit to the exact damage it can block from one source. Lets say it can block up to 15-20 damage. After that, the shield breaks before blocking the whole attack. Would that maybe fix the problem, also?  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games