Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplaying
The Hunted Desire (Accepting Profiles now) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think werewolves exisit?
  Hell yeah they do!
  No...
  Are you kidding? I'm one of them!
View Results

jinxercat2006

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:09 pm
((it's fine, I just was feeling particularly creative yesterday and felt like writing a huge post. I commend you on such a vigorous feat. twisted ))

"Yes, I does feel bett-..." Kat was cut off by the hug, surprised, but not angry. It was comforting, for brief moment, being able to feel compassion. When she spoke again, she seemed to smile as she talked. "I'm anything but offended. Somehow you knew exactly what I needed." She was bashful after saying this, but jerked out of it after he mentioned the soldier. "i forgot you were in the military..." she said, looking down. She felt a rush of emotions: grateful, embarrassed, contented, but also somehow scared. Was it coincidence that the same man that killed her attacker met her a year later, a man that she felt strangely attracted to?

"Is that why you were... er, dismissed from the military?" she asked, hoping for a negative answer. She didn't want to be responsible for ruining his life, taking away everything he had worked for.

"That's right... We should go inside before all the warmth gets out. I'll leave the door unlocked for the other two in case they want to come in." She walked into the wooden floored lobby of the inn. There was a bar and some wooden table and chairs, but that was it except a spiral staircase leading to the rooms upstairs. After Nich entered, she swiftly closed the door, but didn't lock it.

"My room's upstairs, number 214. If you want though, we could get some food before we wet up for the night."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:48 pm
(waiting for Squiggle...)

Akiera stopped a ways behind the two as they entered, a little embarrased at what he had just heard. Kat had always been a little distant to everyone else, but... he hadn't realized just how bad it was. He felt a little sorry for her, though he made a mental note not to let her know. He glanced back at Tala, a question in his eyes. did you know...? His grip slackened on her wrist a bit, and his hand slid down into hers. He blushed.  

Gail Akriest

Noltic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:32 pm
"Food? Well bein a drifter has somewhat shrunk my regularly insatiable appetite. Though, I could go for some water... or maybe a luxury as rare as fruit juice, or milk."

He laghed a little as he selected a table to sit at. He threw himself into the chair in a deplorable but comfortable posture. Then not forgetting his manners completely he nudged a seat out for his new freind.

As she sat he straightened and fixed with a stare.

"My life in the army was off at best. I was selected at a young age to lead a covert ops group, but when our assignment turned to hunting werewolves everything changed. We were given a antigen that would make us immune to the virus. I know what your thinkinf, but it has a low survival rate, and less of a success rate. All of my men were killed, and i was assigned all the subjects that survived it, and fyck... i dont think i was half way past 16 then. As you can imagine my unit was filled with undesirable characters. Men who hit a fifth of their shots, but carried guns that shot 500 rounds per minute, and none of them had heard the word stealth. So after the man who attacked you was killed, the rest attempted a coup. Though as you can geuss from my display with your hairtye they were all dead before they cocked thetre guns. I'm not proud of any of this, but i think that the month of completely consuming pain that came as a result of the antigen may have driven me a little mad. Thats the reason i was discharged."

He paused. He'd told her everything now. She now knew the name of his only fear, and it was Nich. He placed his mutilated hand on the table. It hadnt even been an hour since the window but scabs had already begun to form.

"Kat... I know what you must think of me, and i doubt your assumption of col and heartless is far from the truth. Though you make me wish it wasnt... "

He smiled a sad smile and offered her his hand, symbolicly tne injured one, "you gove me a reason to be human again. Dont ask me why, its just the poet talking"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:35 am
[[Sorry Ive had a hell of a lot of exam stress lately.. not really been able to post. Where are we now?]]

Tala saw Akiera's look and shook her head. She'd only just met her as well.. poor girl. Before she had time to think about it she felt a hand slip into hers. She looked down. She smiled slightly and squeezed Akiera's hand gently.  

Squiggle~Me`Penguins

jinxercat2006

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:00 pm
((Luckily, I had exams before winter break. Ya gotta love the French. xp ))

Kat was shifty. "I'm hungry too, but... er, I think I'll wait until tomorrow." Wow, she thought to herself. I hope he knows I'm not going to eat him! Though I don't blame him if he was afraid. It's a danger just being around someone like me...

She was a little surprised; after all, she had lived with an indescribable anger towards the army. Still, with the anger was a streak of fear along with the pain that came with it.

"When I first met you... I thought you were here for the same reason every other soldier has come to this town. I was so hostile because I thought... when you showed up with that huntress..." Her words faded as she looked at her hands, folded in her lap. The voice of the late hunter spoke in her head. "You're a monster condemned to a life of solitude! NO ONE WANTS YOU!"

When she looked up and saw his hand on the table, she was neither disgusted nor horrified at the cuts. She unfolded her own hands and one took his. She closed her eyes, finding her own voice again. When she opened them, she said, "You've done justice. You've rid me of one man that I've feared too long. If you're heartless, then I have no soul."

Kat's mind screamed at her, but this time in her own voice. What are you doing to yourself? This will NEVER work. You know that... It's too dangerous, you can't take the risk... you're just a MONSTER.

"I will never be human again." Kat said, looking away from his pale eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:45 pm
He looked shocked, he didnt expect such self hatred from someone so young. He sighed as he behan to think of what to say when he realized that all she needed was the truth.

"Kat... a monster? I doubt it. You an i are alike in the fact that we dislike what we are. We are different in the sense that while i chose to be a killer, you were forced to become a werewolf. So relax, it isnt DNA that makes you human, its how you use it. If anything, Im the one who is inhuman. Ive demenred my life almost to the point where it is beyond repair. Instinct is a hard habit to kick."

He pulled his hand back and rested it on the table. He removed a scarred quarter from his pocket. He began to spin the quarter on its edge, swipe it up and spin it again.

"I hope i can become human again though, i hope that i can become like i used to be. I used to write poetry you know. I doubt ill ever be less of a... of... a murderer, but i just hope i can be a poet again."

He sighed. "I don't know how you can think so little of yourself when your obviously so blessed. Your beuatiful, and your young, and most of all your strong. Your strong enough to overcome the obstacles that youve had the misfortune of encountering. I just hope that you may honour me the privilege of helping."  

Noltic

Gail Akriest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:29 am
Akiera, though still embarrassed, smiled back to Tala. I'm not alone. and neither is she... the second thought came with a sudden urge to kiss her, which he held himself from. Insead, he said, "We should probably get inside before they think we've gone missing." He smiled and gave a return squeeze. It felt right. no... it is right. Life has too much suffering in it... so we make the best of what joy we can find.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:15 pm
“I know I cannot change what I am. I try to honor my kin, try to make something… a reason for my fighting and my hatred.” Kat’s face read sorrow, but also recognition and acceptance. “You chose to be a killer, but so am I. I choose to fill my desires for... flesh instead on fighting the cravings. Even so, I try to restrain from harming humans, but… sometimes I get an untamable anger; like a fire within me; burning, not settled until I taste blood on my lips.”

She sighed. Not even her wolf companions knew of her secrets. Now he had no reason to pretend to care for her. She was anything but kind. Anything but human.

“My humanity is lost. Nothing can bring that back. You just have to know that you did not kill in vain. You killed for candor and rightness. I know not instinct, but an undying lust for blood. I warn you, if you are sane, you should leave.”

She sat there, sitting with Nich in their melancholy, both knowing each felt the same, which was almost comforting. “Poetry?” she asked. Long ago, as if a dream, she remembered the days when she and her mother would listen to a local street musician. The words seemed to flow like heavenly water from his lips, the music forming into beautiful ballads.

“I know I am strong. But I can’t survive on just what my wolf side tells me. A companion is what I’ve needed for a while, and I’d love it if you’d stick with me. It would be good for the both of us. I need the reality of a human perspective, and you need… a friend. Just someone to lean on in tough times.” She smiled.

“… I’ve always liked poetry.”

jinxercat2006

Noltic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:04 pm
Nich raised his eyes to meet hers. She was young indeed, and it almost seemed he would be forced to make grow up.

"It's time to scape the rye cat, and you must learn the things that i know. I was highest classification in CSIS I know more about you than you probably do."

He pulled his fedora off an placed it on his knee. He then ran his fingers through his hair and shook it out over his shoulders. He then scratched his growing facial hair. During all of this he was thinking of how much to tell her.

"First the second that you became infected you became addicted to Rh hormone, thats why not all blood slakes your thirst for it, and most animals don't either. So with any addiction you can kick it. You'll still be a werewolf, and take your steak extra rare, but you wont wake up in the night sweating and shaking. It wont be easy, but Ill not be an accomplice to murder. I will help you if you want to shake it, but you have to want to."

He sighed, and put his head in his hands.

"Theres a catch though. If i become... close to you my lifespan is uncertain. I have werewolf genes in me, but not all of them. Im not much more than most humans, but im immune to the condition. Im also extremely healthy, but i produce 5 times the adrenaline of the average werewolf, but im missing the extra strength.So the doctors dont know, i mayhave the lifespan of a werewolf, or i may die next year."

He let his head fall onto the table, and his hands shook violently, life just kept on kicking him in the bag.

"It was never a big deal, I never had a good reason to wanna last until tonight."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:09 pm
Akiera, coming up the stairs, had heard just about every word. that explains a lot... He glanced back down at tala and let his hand slip from hers. "Hold on." He went up and turned in, leaning against the doorway. "Kat, in case you haven't realized by now, no one in the world is 'human'." He closed his eyes, remembering. "Humans are supposed to be the perfect creation, loving everything and hating nothing. Nothing is human." He shrugged. "The fact that you've strived to be as close as you possibly can speaks in waves." He glanced at Kat and Nich. "Just do what you can. That's all that matters." He shrugged. "At least... that's what I think."  

Gail Akriest

Squiggle~Me`Penguins

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:49 pm
Tala moved away from the doorway and back downstairs towards the bar. She sat down on a worn and torn red stool and ordered a magners. She was sitting there drinking it calmly and thinking over the day when she felt someone behind her. Thinking it was Akiera she half turned when an all too familiar voice cut across her movement.
"Move and you're dead. Call out, make a move, and I'll slit this across the vital cord in the back of your neck." Tala felt a cold p***k of what she knew very well to be a small throwing dagger. She picked up her drink again and acted normal. "What is it you want?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:53 pm
Kat could tell Nich was making a decision, and while he was pondering, she turned to see Akiera standing at the base of the stairs. “In my mind, human referred to the thing I lost, but also to those who I never wanted to see again.” She looked at her hands. “I guess we’ve all done things we regret.”

She turned back to Nich as he spoke again. He wore a troubled expression, and she could tell he was about to say a lot of things even he didn’t want to hear.

It’s going to be hard… are you up to it? Kat asked herself. “I would do anything to abstain from being a murderer. I think it would help me accept who I am.”

“I’m not asking you to risk your life for me… There’s also a chance that I might… break loose if I tried to break the addiction, and if you are near me then…” She turned away. “I cannot control myself when my wolf side takes over.”

“On the other hand, I have the feeling that I could help you as well; to retrieve the human soul within you, buried deep within the hardships you have gone through.” She looked straight into his eyes. “A year is a long time, long enough for me to regain my senses. Enough time for you to heal.”

She reached for his hand, a little hesitant, but took them anyways in hers. Her hands were warm, naturally. “Last night? Last night I understood I could change; that together, the four of us could recover, to mend our broken lives.”

jinxercat2006

Noltic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:44 pm
Last night had been an ordinary night for him, he had been walking along and looking for trouble when the dawn, and a myriad of characters had sprung upon him. In that short tome he had made a freind, and maybe changed the lives if another pair of young people. All of this hit very hard when she took his hands. He felt almost like a human again already. He felt like he finally had a responsibilty again.

"The treatement to the meat addiction takes 24 hours. Youll be locked in a room, and i will inject you with a languid halucinagen specially developed for this purpose. During this time you will sit about and do whatever you please, except consume any food... I will be in the room with you."

He squeezed her hands and looked into her eyes.

"Fear not, for my life is a constant risk to itself. Almost immune to any form of pain, i could die from internal bleeding this moment and not see it coming, so i havent much to lose."

He bowed his head and stared into the table.

"Ive naught to risk, but much to lose.... That means you."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:05 pm
“Can I drink anything…er, by that I mean water?” Kat asked. 24 hours without food… she could handle that part. Injections? She shuddered. Never was she one for needles. But if this was the cure… it was worth it.

When he squeezed her hand, she also felt a strong reassurance. I can do this… she thought to herself. “Well, I’m ready. If it’s ok, I want to get this done as soon as possible.”

She smiled, for it was nice to know there was a person in this world that cared enough to risk their life for hers. “If you died right now, I have nothing better to do than jump in a lake.” She smiled. “So don’t die on me.” She tried to convay to Nich that she really did care for him… and that she too had a reason to live now.

“Let’s go up to my room. You can have a sleep if you want; Oh, and I’ll get that fruit juice for you.”

I just hope I can sleep, I’m freaking tired!

jinxercat2006

Noltic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:01 am
"Forget the drink, the trial starts now. Lets go."

Nich took her up to her room and closed the door behind then. He then removed a knife from hisjacket and slammed it onto the lock. Shaking the door a bit, it wasnt moving.

He then walked over to kat, and faster than sight there was an empty syringe in her leg.

"Allright, now your sensory perception should increase, and youll be startlingly self aware. This isnt some sort of genetic cure its mental. You have to not eat me."

He walked over to the door and slung his coat onto a hook. Then he unstrapped his knife belts and hung those up. He then unbuttoned his shirt and tossed it onto the bed. Underneath of it lay a tac harness holding yet 4 more throwing knives. He placed his whip onto another hook shook out his hair.

He crossed the room and embraced her again. Then he whispered into her ear. "Please... dont eat me," in an almost comic tone. Then he kissed her softly on the cheek and smiled.

Releasing her he walked back to the door and sliced the base of hispalm on the knife in the lock, and the scent of his blood filled the air.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games