Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Eragon, the trilogy. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murphyad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:47 pm
his first book starts oof like the eye of the world in the wheel of time series a young man who lives in a farm house with his father figure feels something evil staring at him as he goes home. he goes somewhere and father is hurt badly he thinks that it's because of him so he goes out on his quest. he is important and will learn much from a man who calls himself a story teller. He is the choosen one the one that can save the world or destroy it

I also didn't appreciate how everytime there was a fight or battle he would pass out. and the fact that he treats his dragon like its a dog I know its not all the time but there are times in the book where he does and it is odd and doesn't fit in with the whole "dragons are really smart and you should treat them with respect"

I had started the Wot series and made it to eight also but after about a year I went back and read them all including the 'ok' prequel. now i can't wait for the last one i think that there is just so much to digest that the series is hard to take all at once. domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:31 pm
i think the its an ok triology. its a little boring but, this is one occasion when the movie is better than the book. smile  

Big sunny18

Shexyfeline92

Blessed Wench

9,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:08 am
Quote:
Did anyone know that Christopher, the author, is putting a subtitle on the third book? It's, The Seven Promises of Eragon Shadeslayer and Saphira Bjartskular. Any theories on what this means?

Well one of the promises is the dwarves shattered sapphire rose that saphira promised to fix, then theres the promise to roran that they will rescue katrina, of course there is the unspoken promises to all the races for fealty, i think Eragon also promised Brom something before he died and then theres the promise about killing his uncles murederes, ha theres seven, im probably totally off but it never hurts to guess  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:13 am
love the books! well written for some one as young as paolini 3nodding  

Exo-Polition

Foolish Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 am
Shexyfeline92
Quote:
Did anyone know that Christopher, the author, is putting a subtitle on the third book? It's, The Seven Promises of Eragon Shadeslayer and Saphira Bjartskular. Any theories on what this means?

Well one of the promises is the dwarves shattered sapphire rose that saphira promised to fix, then theres the promise to roran that they will rescue katrina, of course there is the unspoken promises to all the races for fealty, i think Eragon also promised Brom something before he died and then theres the promise about killing his uncles murederes, ha theres seven, im probably totally off but it never hurts to guess

There was the promise to Elva that he would remove the "blessing" he put upon her as well...

I'm reading Brisingr at the moment, and I love it. It annoys me that he's had to expand the series, especially given the three year gap between Eldest and Brisingr, but I do like having another book in a wonderful series to look forward to!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:19 am
I told myself that I wasn't going to read these books, but I liked Murtagh in the movie adaptation and curiosity got the better of me from what some online friends were saying about it.

I haven't read Brisingr yet, but I have a hold on it through the library.

The Inheritance Cycle is probably best described as a guilty pleasure for me. I feel very guilty reading it... sweatdrop  

Lunar Kissed

The Vorpal Tom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:36 pm
it ain't bad... ended at a boring part though... he could've finished it in 3...

Oh well... Brisingr rocks! (this statement means more if you've read the book.)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:47 pm
I love the way Brisingr starts, follows through, and ends! It answers a lot of questions, confirms a lot of theories I've had for a while, especially considering Brom, and it sets it up perfectly for the final volume.  

Celestiara

bobbyasdhsljgldhl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:22 am
I love Eragon. I feel so sorry about whom his borther is. i all really have the three book. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:34 pm
i love the Eragon series!!! i read Eragon and Eldest in a week and then when back and read them over and over again. i was so exited when Brisingre came out that i read it in 2 days i loved it!! heart heart heart heart  

babie3000

Destined Savior

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:09 am
Rabid Nozomi
It was pretty good for a 15-yr-old, but who really cares about his age? I didn't know about his age when I read it. I really don't care how old he was. I don't believe people should mention his age when telling how good the book is. Unless its something like "Its pretty good for his age." Something like that. Or something.

Anyone know what the third book will be called?

I love Saphira. She's so sarcastic and smart. And Arya. I just like Arya for some reason.

I know the story (kind of): His parents grounded him and so he was bored and wrote the book.

I think that how it went. I thought he was 19...I was way off... Ha Ha.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:07 pm
I loved eragon and eldest i read them both in a week and just got brisingr yesterday and im half way through it i love those books heart heart heart heart heart heart  

vampirerealm

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces