Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andreis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:05 am
And I'll post some eldar models today.

Now, none of this is very consistant because I have been painting whatever the hell I feel like whenever the hell I feel like it.. So I have bits painted from alot of stuff.. and my warp spider exarch looks evil.

Most of the pictures are reasonably small because they where done on close up macro.. I want a better camera.

A couple pictures of my Wraith Lord

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/My Models/IMG_1415.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/My Models/IMG_1414.jpg

Note: The shoulder weapon is poorly glued and stays in there of it's own accord as of current.

Warp Spider Exarch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/My Models/IMG_1409.jpg

That is my first ever conversion, and a very minimal one, simply to change him up a little from the norm.. his back has a very gay looking spider on it that I plan to whipe from the face of the planet.

Swooping hawk

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/My Models/IMG_1408.jpg

Note: This next one is larger, being done without macro and with flash.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/My Models/IMG_1407.jpg

Storm Squadron Gaurdians (2)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/My Models/IMG_1406.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/gecko155/My Models/IMG_1405.jpg

I also have some pictures of my wave serpent that need to be brought onto my photobucket accound, will add those another time.

SO! Comment, admire, diss... do what you want! LOL!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:59 am

The Warp Spider Exarch looks really good.

On the close up of the hawk, you have a similar problem that i had with my Typhus, where the highlyighting is too fat. Watering down paints should help that somewhat.

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Andreis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:13 pm
I also need to buy some actual G.W. white paint or another type of more quality paint, for the time I have been using basic acryl white paint.. which when it is thinned down.. becomes much more transparent very quickly.

Thanks about the exarch btw.

The close up of the hawk makes me cringe. So messy.

Ya know? I have been severly tempted to buy some nids.. becuase they look like fun to paint.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:21 pm
Andreis
I also need to buy some actual G.W. white paint or another type of more quality paint, for the time I have been using basic acryl white paint.. which when it is thinned down.. becomes much more transparent very quickly.

Thanks about the exarch btw.

The close up of the hawk makes me cringe. So messy.

Ya know? I have been severly tempted to buy some nids.. becuase they look like fun to paint.

Nah, Tyranids are crappy.

Get some nice Daemons. Or some Inquisitors.

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Andreis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:32 pm
I like the sheer creature feature that is the tyranids, though.

I am not talking about starting a nid army, but like... screwing with a carnifex or a lictor, one of the larger models. -grin-

I don't like daemons and chaos.

And in reality, the humans severely creep me out. On a constant pious crusade of freakehness for their soul sucking sarcophagus of an emperor.

Daemons actually are held for me in higher respect than the imperium, they just fricken creep me out. The chaos are simply just too demonic for my tastes.
Tyranids are just at the line of Oooh cool and wierd.
Actually there isn't really a rac taht I like all the traits about. I would be more of a Tau player, but I just didn't feel like doing Tau.. I wanted a little more culture and less tech.

Wow, I just went way off... Right.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:43 pm
Andreis
I like the sheer creature feature that is the tyranids, though.

I am not talking about starting a nid army, but like... screwing with a carnifex or a lictor, one of the larger models. -grin-

I don't like daemons and chaos.

And in reality, the humans severely creep me out. On a constant pious crusade of freakehness for their soul sucking sarcophagus of an emperor.

Daemons actually are held for me in higher respect than the imperium, they just fricken creep me out. The chaos are simply just too demonic for my tastes.
Tyranids are just at the line of Oooh cool and wierd.
Actually there isn't really a rac taht I like all the traits about. I would be more of a Tau player, but I just didn't feel like doing Tau.. I wanted a little more culture and less tech.

Wow, I just went way off... Right.

Actually, I think you said some great stuff.

I have a Space marine Terminator Captain. I do Death Guard. I just want to paint a Crimson Fist guy. I'm in it for the hobby more than the gaming, personally. I want to do Dark Elder painting, but they're a tad shite, in my opinion. I'll wait a long while and might do the new Lord.

The new Chaos posessed look awful. I like the new Daemon Prince. Needs a but of converting to put the eye back in his head though...

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Andreis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:52 pm
I haven't actually looked at the site in a while, I get the periodical email, but I dunno.. I haven't gone in depth yet.
I was actually really excited when I heard new eldar stuff was coming out a while ago.
I would like to get into the game, but the same with me, the hobby is all I into right now.
Granted I Have seen some of your stuff... I don't put near as much time into mine. Wow.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:56 pm
Andreis
I haven't actually looked at the site in a while, I get the periodical email, but I dunno.. I haven't gone in depth yet.
I was actually really excited when I heard new eldar stuff was coming out a while ago.
I would like to get into the game, but the same with me, the hobby is all I into right now.
Granted I Have seen some of your stuff... I don't put near as much time into mine. Wow.

That's all I've done though. I have a fear of starting. Like I'm gonna mess up beyond all recognition.
sad

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Andreis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:08 pm
As long as it looks clean to the naked eye, I am generally happy with it.

I am dieing to actually play, though. Looks fun even so.

Oooh.. terrain. I REALLY wish I had a nice big peice to build on.. I have been collecting stuff that could be used. I have a capacitor about 5 inches long from something that was trashed out back, and I have some speaker drums and speaker metal grate covers and I have just been picking up stuff that I think could be used as something.

But yea.. My army consists of black, Red and white.
Those are my army colors. -sweat drop-  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:10 pm

Use foamboard and light wood. That's always good. I got a lot of spare parts of foamboard which I might use for sceneic base emplacements and stuff like that.

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Andreis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:14 pm
Well my biggest problem is a place to put it... lol!
I have a terrain that I built for fantasy stuff.. and I don't ever use it... it just sits in there and is not even all that well done. It is also too small...

I don't have enough room to build a nice big terrain.

Unless I make something like a gigantic complex.

I think that would be pretty cool.. Have multiple boards side by side, each marked off with a different number in ascending order. You build a stair case going up and down in each one.. or a teleporter pad or something.. and then you move that model or models to the next board.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:22 pm

Bulding foot square blocks of terrain is a normal good method, where you can build the terrain like a jigsaw. It stores okay as well, as long as you have a corner or a shelf.

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Andreis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:23 pm
Hmm... Yea.. that is a good idea.
You just need a nice flat surface to put em on.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:26 pm

Well a floor is a good start. Or a garage. Or a shed. Anything really. Just make sure you'll not trip and kill a model or four.

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Andreis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:42 pm
Kitchen (Unsuitable), living room (unable), front room(too much stuff) , front hall(crammed full of my dads crap), my room(crammed full of my crap).

Then we have a dirt basement and nothing else. LOL!  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games