Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
cutting... what you think about it Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:53 pm
I've tried, but couldn't do it, because I was afraid it would hurt my love and my friends. When I found out the person I love cutted, I knew not to, because that would hurt him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:40 pm
I generally think it just gets annoying -- most people today only hear about those little scene kiddies showing off and doing it for attention, but that's just wrong... Especially since some just say they do.

It shouldn't be used to gain 'cool points' with your peers.

I have, I hated it, but sometimes that didn't matter. It worked for whatever it was that was the problem, and then it gave me something to take care of rather than think about problems.

It wasn't ever too bad -- I didn't want to die or anything stupid, I just need to make myself feel better -- and then it didn't matter because I never showed it off or whined for attention. It was between me and myself, and that's all.
It worked for something things, but I always keep thinking I should find some other way to take care of it. I hated the way I felt both before and after, but in that few minutes, it was all good. And then it sucked again.

I don't advise it, because it's just too stressful in itself.
And people who sit there and think "Hey, I wonder what it's like?"
Just don't. It can start to suck so major a** and sometimes I want to, but I try my best not to.

Of course, sometimes, trying doesn't work, but whatever. If you don't know what it's like to begin with, you can't think "Well, it worked last time."  

xxxdeletemexxx

2on

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:31 am
What do I think about it?
For the most part its a coping mechanism. A rather destructive one at that but aren't they all in some way shape or form.

Then theres kids who do it to be cool, which came about with that whole revival of the emo subculture. Anyone who freely shows you their cuts fits into that category, so well done to them stare

It is in both cases, something that is up to the individual themselves to stop. It does get pretty addictive, but people generally see sense after a while and the repercussions of their actions on loved ones.
Those who don't... well if they are so hell bent on suicide nobody will be able to stop them.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:42 pm
Mental stress is much more damaging than physical pain. Wounds heal much faster than the heart.

You cut yourself and the pain is there for a few minutes and the mark is there for a few days days, and then things are ok again.

I believe it's your body and you can do whatever you want to it.

Plenty of friends have begged me or threatened me to stop, I did for awhile. But I see no reason to anymore, I just tell them I don't and they can rest easy. I don't think it's ok to hurt people, I think if you cut you need to keep it to yourself.  

xAsh-chanx

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:56 am
xAsh-chanx
Mental stress is much more damaging than physical pain. Wounds heal much faster than the heart.

You cut yourself and the pain is there for a few minutes and the mark is there for a few days days, and then things are ok again.

I believe it's your body and you can do whatever you want to it.

Plenty of friends have begged me or threatened me to stop, I did for awhile. But I see no reason to anymore, I just tell them I don't and they can rest easy. I don't think it's ok to hurt people, I think if you cut you need to keep it to yourself.

*nods*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:17 am
Well its the worried boyfriend again. Good news shes qiute drugs and hasnt cut in almost a month. End of this month will be month thanks for the tips. Goodluck to the rest of you all.  

Hunter of the Dammed

Corpse Paint

5,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:03 am
Dead_Boy
lurichan
SadLittleFluffy
You cannot help someone who doesn�t want it. You wind up disappointed, and it makes things worse. I know quite a few cutters, and I know about this problem intimately. Ultimately, people will do as they wish and there isn�t anything you can do about it.
Granted, there are people that cut for attention, and that I think is ridiculous and stupid.

A very good point. Not everyone who cuts WANTS to be helped. Some people do it as an afirmation of life, others to cut the emotional pain they feel inside.

I do not know one person that cuts because there sad. Every one in my scool will do it for kicks and its cool. I think its cool. You can like be more then the pain.

You sir, are an idiot and an a**, my best friend cuts because of everything that haunts her, basicly, her childhood, she was raped, molested, her father tried to kil her, and his entire side of the family hated her because she want the same as them, blonde hair, blue eyes, basicly form what I was told they were natzis, so I can`t stand it when people say cutting is cool, its Desperation, a cry for help from anyone who cares enoguh to talk to them about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:16 pm
Frozen Crusader
Dead_Boy
lurichan
SadLittleFluffy
You cannot help someone who doesn�t want it. You wind up disappointed, and it makes things worse. I know quite a few cutters, and I know about this problem intimately. Ultimately, people will do as they wish and there isn�t anything you can do about it.
Granted, there are people that cut for attention, and that I think is ridiculous and stupid.

A very good point. Not everyone who cuts WANTS to be helped. Some people do it as an afirmation of life, others to cut the emotional pain they feel inside.

I do not know one person that cuts because there sad. Every one in my scool will do it for kicks and its cool. I think its cool. You can like be more then the pain.

You sir, are an idiot and an a**, my best friend cuts because of everything that haunts her, basicly, her childhood, she was raped, molested, her father tried to kil her, and his entire side of the family hated her because she want the same as them, blonde hair, blue eyes, basicly form what I was told they were natzis, so I can`t stand it when people say cutting is cool, its Desperation, a cry for help from anyone who cares enoguh to talk to them about it.
*Nods* Dead_Boy, don't talk about what you don't understand. Just because you and everyone you seem to know feel all Spartan about cutting doesn't mean that it's cool and that you should dismiss the truth about it.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

JTHMFrAeK-Ghoat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:12 pm
I used to cut... alot, only two times was it because of depression, the other times was all because of repentence, a physical embodiment of my feelings inside. The cutting made them real, I'm glad I stopped though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:36 am
I am told Norse berserk warriors sometimes cut themselves for shock value before battles and the opposing force was all like "Oh-s**t."  

vincejustvince

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:13 pm
Sir Vincent
I am told Norse berserk warriors sometimes cut themselves for shock value before battles and the opposing force was all like "Oh-s**t."
I heard that sometimes if they were dying and not in battle they'd give themselves a wound or cut themselves somewhere to try and 'trick' the gods that they had infact died in battle.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:40 pm
I never cut, but i used to bang my head against the wall, really hard. or sprain my ankle on purpose, it was really easy. (healed fast so no biggie) same concept, i guess. although, the head banging could be the cause of my migraines now...
i put holes in walls, and my closet door. like impluse, when i was really angry or presented with a frustrating situation. i haven't done that in three years, until recently, my mom was going berserk trying to throw me out with nowhere to go. i bruised up the side of my head real good. she spent about five hours making me hysterical before i did that though.
or i'd take a hammer to my ankle a few times. my skin is numb on my legs anyways. that was a really long time ago, though, when i didnt want to be able to walk.
my mom used to have me see a therapist about doing things like that. i was depressed and didnt really care about doing things like that.  

mechanical kitsy

x_Method in Madness_x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:24 pm
I think there's two types of cutters out there:

1.) The cutters who think it is somehow cool to cut, and therefore cut in rather noticeable places(forearms/wrist's) and show off said cuts to others.

2.) The cutters under either severe emotional distress or in deep drepression that cut themselves to either feel in control of there lives or for some form of emotional release. These cuts are usually somewhere hidden(inside thighs) and are shown to no one.

Me personally? For one short period, yes I was a cutter. The type two listed above. More because of the imense control my parents exerted over my life. More or less the short story, I lost friends, eventually had none, I was lonely. I tried to use outlets like drawing or anything really. When my parents really started yelling and fighting one another I finally lost it. Thats when I started cutting. I only did it maybe a few times when my parents finally noticed the scars. It was weird though, they felt so bad after they saw those scars(and I do mean scars, I still have some to this day) that they realized what they were doing to me. They gave me more freedom and now I actually have friends again. And they try not to fight now. Though, it's mostly out of worry I'll regress but it's still apreciated. I'm personally ashamed now of my former weakness that I resorted to cutting. I urge anyone who has this problem to get help. Even if it's just talking to a friend or attending a school meating for depression. Many schools have these there to help kids suffering from these kinds of things. I know there are people with much worse problems than what I had but you don't have to go through it alone.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:23 pm
I don't cut anymore... I used to as a way to ease my pain... the pain is dulled now but still remains... I've lived an extremely bad life where virtually everything you can think of (and maybe things you cant) conjures a memory or two in my life... and to this day I always toy with the idea of cutting once again... or suicide, because it's that extreme... until recently I was alone in my battle, so it's been a difficult journey to overcome these emotions  

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers