Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:02 am
iOggy
*le gasp* Shiz isn''t a mod? How''d we let THAT one slip by? eek

is there something i should know about?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:05 am
Shizankoff
iOggy
*le gasp* Shiz isn''''t a mod? How''''d we let THAT one slip by? eek

no  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

DiddleFreak61387

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:33 pm
Masquanade
Shizankoff
iOggy

no
Just imagine the terror if it happened!

So how do we go about fixing this? Should we mod him?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:43 am
DiddleFreak61387
Masquanade
Shizankoff
iOggy

no
Just imagine the terror if it happened!

So how do we go about fixing this? Should we mod him?

I would say yes, but it's not exactly my decision.

*bows to the almighty powers of modness-giving that are Masq's and Masq's alone*

iOggy

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:19 pm
Dan may I ask, what is 28 min. of hell thing in your sig.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:54 pm
Shizankoff

You may.
It's sorta the motto for the water polo team this year. There's 4 quarters, 7 minutes each.
Although, I'm not sure if that exactly qualifies to be in context for this thread. So, to divert attention, I shall make a post about something else.

For the next avatar contest, I had a thought. What if each of the sections nominated someone to represent them in the contest. That person would reap all the monies/pay the entree fee. Do you think we could scrounge up people from each section willing to do that? AND, might I be able to post in each section thread, asking for a nomination?

Now that it seems as though I actually had a point in posting, the answer to Steve's question just seems like a side comment. But seriously, input on the sectional AC would be nice.  

Saint-Saens

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:29 pm
Saint-Saens
Shizankoff

You may.
It's sorta the motto for the water polo team this year. There's 4 quarters, 7 minutes each.
Although, I'm not sure if that exactly qualifies to be in context for this thread. So, to divert attention, I shall make a post about something else.

For the next avatar contest, I had a thought. What if each of the sections nominated someone to represent them in the contest. That person would reap all the monies/pay the entree fee. Do you think we could scrounge up people from each section willing to do that? AND, might I be able to post in each section thread, asking for a nomination?

Now that it seems as though I actually had a point in posting, the answer to Steve's question just seems like a side comment. But seriously, input on the sectional AC would be nice.

i was thinking that a good idea would be a money limit, like an out fit has to be under 20k for example.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:18 pm
I think it's a cool idea. Especially since that'd probably inspire some competition amongst the sections of who should be chosen. We might even see some mini-contests within the sections.

iOggy

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:05 am
If you want to do something with each section by all means go ahead. My fears is that the sections won't have one who will won't want to do it. An and outfit under 20,000k? The problem I have with that is I don't know how much my stuff is worth. I buy and then I forget how much it was. It would be too much effort on my part. crying If you ever did something like that . . . probally wouldn't enter.

Went up to a local community college yesterday and saw their band performance. I was such a dork. I was so excited to see the band perfrom FROM THE STANDS. It's been a long time since I've been in the stands and a band on the field. Even at competitions I don't get see bands on the field in the stands, as my band is always one of the last to perform so we don't have time to get into the stands AND there is no space left.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:24 am
Well, the under 20K thing, thanks to Masq's input, I don't think I'll apply. But if there's inactive sections, I guess we could have other sections fill their spots.

When the time does come, I think it'd only be appropriate that we assign ourselves to each section to moniter the activity and make sure they have an entrant. A sort of...overwatch. The moniter could also help in deciding the mini-contest rules, if we have that.

And don't forget Masq, your tiebreaker outfit is due on the 15th. I'm going to send PM's out to everyone.  

Saint-Saens

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:16 am
Saint-Saens
Well, the under 20K thing, thanks to Masq's input, I don't think I'll apply. But if there's inactive sections, I guess we could have other sections fill their spots.

When the time does come, I think it'd only be appropriate that we assign ourselves to each section to moniter the activity and make sure they have an entrant. A sort of...overwatch. The moniter could also help in deciding the mini-contest rules, if we have that.

And don't forget Masq, your tiebreaker outfit is due on the 15th. I'm going to send PM's out to everyone.

I'm aware
and I still have time. xd
I don't even own peasant clothing
I have to buy some
falalal
I'll do it . . . eventually

But we don't have a mod for every section. In fact both Oggy and I are trumpets . . . sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:43 am
Well even so, we could double up on sections. Have some people take 2 sections.

We have a blank join request. xd  

Saint-Saens

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:17 pm
masq could watch over trumpets
oggy can do low brass
ect.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:27 pm
That sorta deal, yes Steve. Just as long as there's someone there in charge of the section, it's fine.  

Saint-Saens

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:40 pm
* Flute Section
* Clarinet Section
* Double Reed Section
* Saxophone Section
* French Horn/Mellaphone Section
* Trumpet Section
* Low Brass Section
* Percussion and Pit Section
* Guard Section
* Strings Section

Hmm i would say take out the guard, arent most gaurd members in band, but the dbl reeds with the sax's, strings and percussion and that leaves 7 catagorys and 7 mods or double up the watching over and thats 10 sections and the normal entry is 10 contestants.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games