Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:15 am

This is the sea of life, and I'm drownin' xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know I can swim, but feel like I keep sinkin' down in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx these waters and I can't breathe, I feel like I'm gon' blow it
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I can see people holdin' a life jacket but they won't throw it

User Image

Captain Crash
Seventh Year Gryffindor

[Gryffindor Try-Outs]

Crash held his wand in hand as he enchanted the school trunk encasing the quaffle, bludgers, and snitch to levitate behind him followed by a cluster of school brooms for first years to borrow. He set up the forms on the trunk and left a pen to weigh down the parchment. He still hadn't decided on a vice-captain, and time was running out. Neither Toby nor Ronna seemed to express any interest; which is weird, right, doesn't everyone want to be vice-captain? Maybe he could choose one of the fifth years? Leonette or Tanya? Then the vice-captain would at least have time to learn, and more than one year to captain. With gritted teeth, Crash had a feeling he was going to go with 'eenie, meenie, minie, mo' and screw it all to hell. Oh well, at least he could only screw up for one year, and then he was done.

Username:
                                                              Character's Name:
                                                              House:
                                                              Year:
                                                              Advanced Flying I:
                                                              Advanced Flying II:
                                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing:
                                                              Any Special Skill:
                                                              First Choice Position:
                                                              Second Choice Position:

L1 L2 L3
                                                              AC= 17
                                                              Mods= (+9 to block the quaffle) (+7 to flying)
                                                              Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
                                                              Total Roll:

[OOC: Okay, you know the drill, fill out the form and await further instructions. Also, please keep in mind that try outs are on a different timeline, meaning students have already taken their first flying class. First years are welcome. See here for how to play quidditch.]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:40 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Pitch - Quidditch Try-outs

Leonette walked onto the field bright and early. She was so psyched to be back on the pitch playing again. Now she just needed to make the main team again. That shouldn't be hard right? Seeing Crash she skipped over with a smile. "Hey Captain!" she said brightly. "Ready for a hopeful year of Quidditch?" she asked as she took the form and filled it out like previous years. Leonette had honestly been looking forward to this part of the school year all summer. Though, deep down it was depressing know her cousin was no longer playing with her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Username: murruelecreuset
Character's Name: Leonette Mitchell
House: Gryffindor
Year: Fifth Year
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Four Years
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Keeper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

With: Crash

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC:
0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: ---
AC: 17
Modifiers: +7 AC, +7 Stealing, +7 Shooting,
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:52 am
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: SAME AS ABOVE

Position:
Aiming at/Blocking for: XXX/XXX

Opponents hit: XXX
Opponents missed: XXX
Bludgers blocked: XXXX
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronna sighed stretching and wasn't all that surprised she arrived on the pitch as early as she did. She had always failed to understand the whole 'fashionably late' concept and brushed it off as an excuse made up by people. She saw Crash standing there not looking all that thrilled-then again-did Gryffindor even have a vice-captain for their team or was Crash still solo. She picked up a form and then pulling out a ballpoint pen quickly scribbled the typical responses, more or less:

Veronica Kiss
Username: mc2
Character's Name: Veronica Kiss
Year: 6th
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2 (Reserve) 1 (Starting Line)
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Really? As if I could do anything else at this point.

Clipping her pen closed and pocketing it she held the form out to him and said quietly to avoid being overheard by Leo or anyone else who would show up, "It would be awkward if you selected me as vice captain and I'm not stupid enough to think it wouldn't be. Besides, I'm heading the dueling club, am a prefect, there is the whole Youth Representative of the Wizengamot thing I was selected for..." She took a deep breath, "And, Hell, it would probably still be awkward if Toby got it, but he may just feel obliged to say what he did. I mean it was a blow to his ego to be moved to reserves after being on the starting line for as long as he was. Granted you don't have to pick a sixth year."

She sighed and said returning to her normal voice, "Anyways, I'm here and trying out. Be happy I'm a creature of habit. How's a year without the typical seeing how much blood I can cough up or broken bones, right?"

{OoC: Doing a simpler layout so posting via phone during "lunch" breaks is more possible.}
Essy ze Ninja
Quote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:10 pm
User Image
Lives:

Position: Seeker
Currently: LOOKING FOR THE SNITCH or CHASING THE SNITCH or ATTEMPTING TO CATCH

Chasing the Snitch: XXX/3
Catching the Snitch: XXX/2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julius walked onto the field, not surprised to see Leo and Veronica-or was it Ronna- already there. Both tended to be the show up early type. He looked around, already resigned to the fact he'd be using a school broom, it had really not seemed worth bringing up brooms to his parent last summer with everything going on with Dori. However, he was hoping to see a certain blonde show up soon. She had been right last year it was basically impossible for her to be a starting line keeper-not while the team captain and someone way older and more experienced did-but that didn't mean if she made reserves they wouldn't be seeing each other more because of quidditch practice. Nodding politely to the others he picked up a form and quietly filled it out before handing it back over.

Julius Xanders

Username: mc2
Character's Name: Julius Elias Xanders
Year: 4th
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Dang Healthy, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: ???

{OoC: Doing a simpler layout so posting via phone during "lunch" breaks is more possible.}
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:51 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❸| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❸| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

A confident smile was on Dani's face as she made her way out to the Quidditch pitch. After watching the game at Holyhead with her grandfather was itching to get the chance to prove she could be on the first string this year. She only hoped she could escape tryouts this year without broken bones.

Though the autumn air was crisp and cool and crystal clear, the sun made her feel warm. 'Perfect weather for tryouts,' she thought. As she walked along she couldn't help but start whistling the Holyhead Harpies chant. She certainly looked the part, wearing her green Harpies jersey over a pair of rather snug-fitting jeans, and a white long-sleeved Tee shirt. Sadly, instead of her favourite pair of sneakers (her grandmother retired them to the trash), she wore a brand-new pair of trainers, accented with a pair of crimson Gryffindor shoelaces with House Lannister golden lion charms attached the ends.

Slung over her shoulder was the case containing the broomstick her grandparents got for her last year.

As she walked out onto the pitch, she saw she was not far behind Veronica, as she'd picked up upon her habit of being early for practices, tryouts and games. She went over to where Crash was standing, and greeted him cheerily, "Hi, Crash," she said, as she collected the form and started filling it out.

User Name: Graydon Ironshield
                                                      Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                      Year: Third
                                                      Years of Play: Two (Reserve Chaser One last season)
                                                      Advanced Flying I: Completed
                                                      Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                      First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                      Second Position Choice: Seeker or Beater, whichever the team needs most.

OOC: Quidditch Data

AC: 14
                                                      Modifiers: +4 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle
                                                      Lives: (X) (X) (X)

OCC: Somebody double-check my math, please.
                                                      OOC: Math corrected, thank you.

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:41 pm
User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXXXXXXXXPre fect
Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it
Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya walked out onto the pitch with a wide grin on her face and her broom happily lazing on her shoulder. She was wearing her new pair of contacts that she had purchased herself with some of her birthday money so she wouldn't have to put up with wearing her glasses while flying anymore. They had been such a hassle even with all the sticking and water repelling charms, not to mention how many times she had still accidentally broken them just by diving, it was much better this way. She saw that there were actually people on time and jogged to meet them seeing Leo speaking with Crash as well as Ronna speaking about his pick for Vice Captain making her grin. "So he actually chose you Ronna? Congrats! I thought it'd either be you or Toby honestly." she said with a chuckle thinking of her hot tempered boyfriend. Remembering that it was rude to be part of a group and only acknowledge one person she turned to the rest of them and gave them each a grin and wave. "'Lo everyone, ready to keep that Cup with us?" she asked rhetorically but excitedly. Last year's surprise two winners had been, well, a surprise! But she was still happy that even if they didn't win the House Cup, they got the Quidditch one. Remembering, Tanya went over a took a slip and filled it out before giving it back and filling around waiting for the tryouts to start.

Username: Yukina101
                                                          Character's Name: Tanya Cherri
                                                          Year: 5th
                                                          Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4
                                                          Any Special Skill: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodgers, Natural Flyer
                                                          Second Choice Position: Seeker maybe?

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But every inch of you is perfect cause true booty comes from within
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble

Position: Chaser
AC: 18
Modifiers: +6 for Swiping
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [<3] [<3] [<3]
To Goal: 0/3
Final Roll: ~

TryoutsWhere: Quidditch PitchWith: TeamThinking: This is our year!OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:00 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna walked onto the pitch she smiled as she picked up a form and filled it out. At least I'm on time this year. She felt the nerves as she wrote with a quivering hand.

Quote:
Username: amo10690
Character's Name: Arianna Davenport
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: none, tried out last year
Any Special Skill:Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position:Chaser
Second Choice Position razz robably keeper but I'd try anything to make the team.

AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 Shooting, +2 Catching
Special Skills:Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:33 pm
User Image
In your eyes I see your broken soul
And there's nowhere for my spirit to go
See the light that burns inside of you
And I know that I'll be close to you

═════════════════════════════════════
Celaena Elspeth Snow
Gryffindor Third Year Reserve Keeper Dating Julius Xanders
═════════════════════════════════════

Into the darkness we can fly
Upon the wings of your desire
I see the light

Celaena walked onto the field, an apple in her mouth as she worked on tying her hair back. She had woken up just a weee bit late, and the blonde was panicking. She didn't need to be of course, but dangit... She definitely was. When she finished tying it back, she took a bite out of the apple and was soon looking at all the people who had shown up so far. Not many but also, not time to start. Celaena was certain that the longer she had waited, the more people. And she already noticed that Julius was on the field. Now she felt weird, eating an apple and arriving a bit towards the late side. Not late but might as well be... She smiled at the others. "Hiya guys. Cap'n. Leo, Ronna, Toby, Dani Tanya, Julius." She said naming the ones she already knew who were there. She saved Julius for last so that she would be sure to go to him after she finished filling out the form. She heard as everyone seemed to expect Ronna to be Vice Captain. "But has he actually picked someone?" She asked before grabbing a form. She took another bite of the apple before leaving it in her mouth so she could write. Filling it out, she handed it back before stepping back to stand beside Julius.

"Good morning Julius. Wonderful day don'cha think?" She asked happily before taking another bite of the apple. She had dressed warmly for the occasion.

Celaena Snow
Username: shabatha
Character's Name: Celaena Snow
Year: Third
Advanced Flying II: Enrolled so no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Second
Any Special Skill: Swift Swipe, Great Catch, Dang Healthy
Second Choice Position: Keeper

We're floating on a cloud of love
With you I just can't get enough
I see the light

╔═════════════════════╗
I'm looking rather cute in my My try out clothes
And it feels good to be with people like My team mates and Julius
Although my mind keeps wandering to Should I do Chaser or Keeper?

╚═════════════════════╝

mc2

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:59 pm
User Image
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Since the day they got married
He'd been praying for a little baby boy
Someone he could take fishing
Throw the football, be his pride and joy

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

========================
Nina Kagome Vienna
Reserve Beater ♥ Single ♥ Second Year ♥ Gryffindor ♥ Muggleborn
========================

And now, he's wrapped around her finger
She's the center of his whole world
And his heart belongs to that sweet, little, beautiful, wonderful, perfect
All-American girl

╔═════════════════════╗

Nina didn't feel all that stressed. In fact, the Gryffindor was so excited that she was practically singing. Well, maybe she was singing. But dangit she was so happy! Why not raise your voice and let others know?! Well, that was definitely her words for it. The girl headed down to the field and yawned as she took a form to fill out. She was just tired from being excited was all. She was ready for this. Last year she had done pretty good. this year? She hoped to do just as well! When she handed in her form, she noticed her friend Ari. and happily stepped to her side. "Heya Ari!" She said rather happily.

Nina Vienna
Username: shabatha
Character's Name: Nina Vienna
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: Not yet
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Mean swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Second Choice Position: Chaser?

╚═════════════════════╝

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

He could already see him holding that trophy
Taking his team to state
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket
All those big dreams changed

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

╔═════════════════════╗
I'm looking rather cute in my Tryout stuff
And it feels good to be with people like Gryffindor Team
Although my mind keeps wandering to Let's get this party Started!

╚═════════════════════╝

amo10690

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:29 am
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna looked up from her form to see her friend Nina had arrived. "I was wondering when you'd get here." She grinned at her friend. She inwardly sighed and felt a little of her nervous tension melt away. With Nina's arrival she wasn't the only second year anymore. She watched as her friend began her cheerful whistle. "How do you do it?" She asked in amazement. "You're not nervous at all are you?"

AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 Shooting, +2 Catching
Special Skills:Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:52 am
User Image
Lives:

Position: Seeker
Currently: LOOKING FOR THE SNITCH or CHASING THE SNITCH or ATTEMPTING TO CATCH

Chasing the Snitch: XXX/3
Catching the Snitch: XXX/2

Julius raised a brow at Celeana and smiled as she spoke up. Meanwhile, the freckled upperclassman, Ronna, mouthed a thank-you towards Celaena. She had looked like a cross beyond contemplating murder, merely exasperated, and a bit flustered when Tanya had assumed the girl had been selected. Julius didn't know what the story was there but obviously there was a reason she didn't want the position. Maybe it was just because the girl was prefect or something-she took her job way too seriously anyways. Granted that wasn't exactly Julius's concern. As long as certain Slytherin prefects didn't start giving him a hard time for no reason, Julius was happy. He stayed out of trouble and he planned to keep it that way.

As Celaena joined his side Julius raised a brow for a moment watching her eat the apple, "Leana is right, you know. It was never confirmed whether she was vice captain or not. I'm sure Crash will let everyone know when try outs start. I don't see why it is that big of a deal. I'm sure whoever it is, is capable enough. I mean those of us on the team last year have a good idea what all the other people who've been on the team for a while are like. No one has left any of us hanging or what not."

He shrugged and pulled the apple away from Celeana and took a bite and joked to her quietly, handing it back to her with the extra bite he just took, "So, the apple why you're as late as you are? Doesn't taste any different than what you find in the Great Hall in the morning... or did you have to pick up a special one instead of the ordinary apple to keep the doctor away?"

shabatha
Quote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:43 am
User Image
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Since the day they got married
He'd been praying for a little baby boy
Someone he could take fishing
Throw the football, be his pride and joy

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

========================
Nina Kagome Vienna
Reserve Beater ♥ Single ♥ Second Year ♥ Gryffindor ♥ Muggleborn
========================

And now, he's wrapped around her finger
She's the center of his whole world
And his heart belongs to that sweet, little, beautiful, wonderful, perfect
All-American girl

╔═════════════════════╗

Nina chuckled at her friend. "Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss tryouts for the world!" She said happily. Okay so she could see why her friend wanted to know why she wasn't even a little nervous. It was a good question. "Well, my brother wouldn't be okay if I were nervous at all, and so I grew up not being a nervous nelly. You know? But plus, I'm excited to get this started." She said chuckling a bit. Humming a bit, Nina watched as everyone talked. And even noticed someone steal another's apple. Ooooo what was going on there? But she turned to the captain. Hopefully they would start soon.

Position: Chaser Gold Team
AC: 13
Modifiers: +2 Hit the Bludger
Special Skills: Mean swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives: [ :3 ] [ :3 ] [ :3 ] [ :3 ]

╚═════════════════════╝

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

He could already see him holding that trophy
Taking his team to state
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket
All those big dreams changed

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

╔═════════════════════╗
I'm looking rather cute in my Tryout stuff
And it feels good to be with people like Gryffindor Team
Although my mind keeps wandering to Let's get this party Started!

╚═════════════════════╝

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:09 pm
Weep for yourself, my man...
You'll never be what is in your heart.
Weep, little lion man...
You're not as brave as you were at the start.
Rate yourself and rake yourself...
Take all the courage you have left.
And waste it on fixing all the problems-
That you made in your own head!

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Sixth Year Prefect - Gryffindor Reserve Beater -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: ...] [with: Gryffindor Team] [at: Tryouts]

Toby was pretty sure he should have been here just a bit earlier, but he'd- alright, he didn't actually have an excuse, but he plastered an "I totally have an excuse" look on his face as he deftly stepped around the younger members of the team and their broom to stand beside Ronna and Crash. "Captain," he said only a little awkwardly because the other boy was only a year older than him, after all, Uriel's age, and Toby hated it when his brother rubbed the age thing in his face. He glanced at Ronna with a hint of a smile. "Girlfriend," he said cheekily, then busied himself writing out a form.

Username: The Forgotten Weasley
Character's Name: Tobias Walsh
House: Spy from Slytherin. Just kidding. Gryffindor.
Year: Sixth
Advanced Flying I: Yeah
Advanced Flying II: Yep
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Four
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Second Choice Position: ...Beater.

He handed it off to Crash, and scuffed a sneaker in the mud absentmindedly, eyes on the sky, rather than anything going on below. He still didn't know what the whole Ronna-Crash-Vice Captain deal was, and while he did want to know- seriously how bad could it be, though, maybe they were just exaggerating the whole thing- he didn't want to get into it right now. Gryffindor House had had enough drama at tryouts before, he did not plan to be the Nosy Boyfriend Catalyst that started everything up again. Even if that "Curse of Gryffindor" thing people had gone on about and had been complete and utter rubbish.

Your grace is wasted on your face and your boldness stands alone among the wreck.

Position: Beater
AC: 17
Mods: +7 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

But it was not your fault but mine!
And it was your heart on the line!
I really f***ed it up this time...
Didn't I, my dear?
Tremble for yourself, my man...
You know that you have seen this all before.
Tremble, little lion man...
You'll never settle any of your scores.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:38 pm

This is the sea of life, and I'm drownin' xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know I can swim, but feel like I keep sinkin' down in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx these waters and I can't breathe, I feel like I'm gon' blow it
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I can see people holdin' a life jacket but they won't throw it

User Image

Captain Crash
Seventh Year Gryffindor

[Gryffindor Try-Outs]

”Sup?” He offered a pointed nod towards Leonette promptly as she arrived. ”Oh hell yeah,” Crash agreed wholeheartedly, his American accent hadn't changed at all even after all these years. He had just settled everything into position and scooped up a borrowed school broom to lean against as more lions marched to the field. He spotted Ronna's blonde hair in distance—he knew it was her before he could see her face—it was the stance, he told himself. Nothing more. ”...uhh...” he half mumbled. He didn't know what else to say; Ronna had just, in her own way, turned down the position and Toby had immediately tried to pass it off before Crash could even ask. Would it be completely ridiculous if he just picked Tanya or Leo—just because? ”Well I'm happy to have you here, and you're right, it just wouldn't be the same without you.”

He hadn't noticed at first, but a crowd had begun to form. Several of them much closer than he would have liked—or maybe the wind had carried their voices—but Tanya was offering congratulations, Danica greeted him cheerfully unaware, Celaena and Julius expressed their doubts over the situation, and Crash almost felt like a deer in headlights ready to hand off his vice captiainship to Ronna just because everyone had already expected it, had practically pushed him into it without even realizing it! At the same time, forms were being handed to him left and right and it was all he could do not to freak out and congratulate Ronna on her new position.

”Actually...” he finally raised his voice once he steeled his nerves. ”Toby,” he paused to make sure he had caught the younger boy's attention before he continued on. ”I was sorta hoping you would be my vice-captain..?” It was hard not to spare half a moment to steal at glance at Ronna, if just to see her reaction. Walsh had always been his first choice, anyway. Aside from the obvious experience, age, and easy-going personality—he was a guy! It just made everything easier, in his opinion. Unless he knew about it, in which ********/>

L1 L2 L3
                                                              AC= 17
                                                              Mods= (+9 to block the quaffle) (+7 to flying)
                                                              Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
                                                              Total Roll:

[OOC: @Graydon— your AC should be 14, everything else is right. @Yuki your AC should be +19 and mods +7. @Weasley, your stats should be +17 and +7.]

Graydon Ironshield
mc2
The Forgotten Weasley
Yukina101

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:02 pm
User Image
Lives:

Position:
Aiming at/Blocking for: XXX/XXX

Opponents hit: XXX
Opponents missed: XXX
Bludgers blocked: XXXX

"Toby, use my name like a normal person," Ronna said at Toby's cheeky greeting towards her and she let out an exasperated sigh before glancing back at Crash who looked fairly uncomfortable at the whole thing. It was one of those things where people were already assuming a decision was made and there was several reasons her as a vice-captain wouldn't work well-or be for the best-and furthermore it wasn't as if she had the most experience on the team as a beater and most people didn't need a ton of nosy people offering advice on how that person should make choices as a leader. Toby had seemed to be trying to ignore the whole situation all together and Ronna wondered if she should have just showed up late.

When Crash raised his voice to catch the attention of the group he asked Toby about the vice-captain position and Ronna stepped back a few more feet. She raised a brow at Toby, crossing her arms. The idiot had better chose the position. Because, Ronna was not up to forming a proper explanation on why she had no interest in being the vice-captain.

Essy ze Ninja
The Forgotten Weasley
Quote:

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games