Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:54 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch (Try-outs)

David missed the snitch again... What else was new right? He'd just have to find it all over again.

With: Teammates

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC: 19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts) Total Roll : 16
AC: 18
Modifiers: +8 Spotting, +8 Catching, +8 AC
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:02 am
User ImageUser Image

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ♡♡♡♡ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

One chance. Okay, that's all Xavier would need. Do or die. He first grinned apologetically at Jacob, then took a moment to think. He then shot upward, gripping tightly on his broom his knuckles were starting to become white. The rest was a blur at first, taking in who his teammates were. He wasn't really sure who some of them were since...he missed the introductions. But at least he knows Ronna and Celaena was in his team. He finally took it all in as Ronna passed the quaffle to Celaena. He sped up and positioned himself near second year. He grinned and waved at her for a moment, then put on his best steal-the-ball-from-the-second-year-and-you'll-be-sorry look. But he knows that he'll be there to help the blond. In case she needs help.

Position: TEAM ONE CHASER
                                              Modifiers: +8 to stealing and shooting
                                              Special Skills: Swift Swipe , Good Arm, Deft Dodger
                                              Lives: [♥] [♥] [♥]
                                              Score : + roll of keeper
                                              Steal : + AC
                                              /3
                                              Final Roll =

● ● ⓒ UGH THE TIMEEEEE AND EXAMSSSS UIFGUHDUIFG IM SORRY FOR BEING LATE WITH THE POSTING AGAIN D:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:02 am
User Image

ﬡᕍ , ℱℱᓰﬡ

Celaena had been even farther away the second time around. And Leo missed the save and passed to ronna. The older girl passed to her and celaena let the lead fly as she hurried down the pitch. Xavier was older, would she be able to pass to the seventh year? Well here goes nothing! She passed to Xavier.

2/3

Position: Chaser Team 1
AC: 13
Modifiers: +1 to steal and shoot
Special Skills: Great Catch, Natural flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

User ImageUser Image

IceGrayWolf

IceGrayWolf rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:40 am
User ImageUser Image

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ♡♡♡♡ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Xavier nodded at Celaena as she passed the ball to him. He clutched the quaffle tightly, and zoomed off to the goal posts. He was finally near them. He then lobbed the quaffle to the left hoop with all his might. Would he get the chance to be in the starting lineup this year? He prayed so. Because he wants to enjoy his last year in the school.

3/3
                                              Final Roll = 14 meh

● ● ⓒ UGH THE TIMEEEEE AND EXAMSSSS UIFGUHDUIFG IM SORRY FOR BEING LATE WITH THE POSTING AGAIN D:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:02 am
User Image
                                                                    User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Text.

Dani was quickly learning spotting the tiny golden ball was harder than it appeared. It was her hope the bright sun might allow her to catch a stray bit of reflected light coming off the little object. She also figured it was a good idea to pay attention to what David was up to. Being an older and much more experienced Seeker, he would have the best shot of finding the ball, and, if she had to, contest the Snitch with him.

Action: Spot attempt on the Snitch.

Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                                    Year: Second
                                                                    Years of Play: One (Reserve Chaser Three last season)
                                                                    Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                                                    Advanced Flying II: No
                                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                                    First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                                    Second Position Choice: Seeker

OOC: Quidditch Data

Modifiers: +3 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle
                                                                    Lives: (X) (X) (X)

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:11 am
User Image
                                              It may sound absurd but don't be naïve
                                              Even heroes have the right to bleed
                                              I may be disturbed but won’t you concede
                                              Even heroes have the right to dream
                                              And it's not easy to be me

User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ Bᴏʏ || Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ

════════════════════════

Jacob continued to watch the scene before him, certain that he had in mind his team. He was probably going to get yelled at, but he figured that next year, it should be interesting to see how the team was when the seventh year players left the school. But, judging from the fact that the team had pretty strong secondary players, it wouldn't be that bad of a hit when he, Xavier, and David left. He looked at Crash, thinking that they needed to confer for a bit before making team announcements. He then blew his whistle, calling an end to tryouts. "Okay people! Nice work, good job. Collect the balls if you can, and meet back down on the pitch. Me and Crash are going to talk about who is on the team and who's on reserve!"

He landed, motioning for Crash to follow him. The two had a brief discussion, mostly going over Crash's observations and Jacob's notes. He then turned around, his blue eyes looking over the team. "Well people, I think we have a team. A pretty good team, and we definitely have strong players that can replace those of us that will be leaving the school this year. I'm going to go ahead and list off the first string, and then the reserves. If you don't hear your name, don't worry, You have a good chance of making the team next year if you work hard and try out next year. For first string, we're going to have Tanya Cherri, Leonette Mitchell, and Xavier Nicholson as Chasers. For Beaters, we're going to have Veronica Kiss and myself. Christian Barret is Keeper. David Clarisse, you're the Seeker.

"Now, onto reserves! Danica Stewart, Axel Roach, and Rosabella Winthrop will be our three Chaser reserves. Nina Vienna, you and Toby Walsh wil be the reserve Beaters. Celaena Snow and Alexandria Quimbly-Scott are the reserve Keepers, and Julius Xanders is our one and only reserve Seeker. To those who tried out and didn't make it, I am really sorry. Next year, there should be positions opening up,. so if you didn't make the team, try out again next year. I'm hoping for a really strong year, and I know we have the winning team to do it with!"
                                              He grinned, thinking that the tryouts had gone better than expected. Hopefully that meant that the season would also go better than expected.

════════════════════════
                                              Thinking: And that's the team this year!
                                              OOC: ...

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
                                              Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
                                              Only a man in a funny red sheet
                                              Looking for special things inside of me

Socks

Graydon Ironshield

shabatha

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Essy ze Ninja

Yukina101

kiska166

amo10690

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:30 am
You called my name in the dark
Called me back to the start
The condensation is building tension
A stubborn silence is formed
Around our bodies it's warm
The cool wet grasses as summer passes
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Fifth Year Prefect - Gryffindor Reserve Beater -
[feeling: determined] [thinking: ...] [with: Gryffindor Team] [at: Tryouts]

Toby knew reserve was a hell of a lot better than nothing, but that didn't mean being second string with a first year didn't sting. But it had been either him or Ronna, and she was still the better Beater. They both knew it, so there wasn't much he could do besides nod his thanks to Jacob and Crash as dismounted from his broom. "Congrats, Ronna," he told the blonde girl, and tested her foot gingerly as he took a step forward. Okay, it hurt, but not too much. It for the most part supported his weight and he could walk without falling over.

I'm gonna kick the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust
Fallen empires and raging bush fires
All your words confounded
Secret lives bound and hid
Living backwards in tangled backwoods
You ruined everything right
So good I can’t see the light

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:00 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss
Gryffindor
Reserve Beater 01 Beater
Current Game: Try Outs

Wearing: Try Out Clothes

When Jacob blew the whistle ending the last scrimmage of try-outs, Ronna landed, stretching some as she waited on Jacob and Crash to figure out what the team would look like. She had good luck this try-out, and felt weird that this try-out she had managed to not get hit by a single bludger. No broken bones, no bruises, it was weird. At least there were a few new people interested in being beater this year. She half was concerned that the try-out pool would have remained as small as last year. Regardless she was fairly confident how the beater position would play out. Jacob of course would be one, and Toby the second since he had played on the team longer, was starting line as beater last year, and she had stated during the sorting feast to Crash she was perfectly happy being a reserve.

She crossed her arms and listened as Jacob announced the team line-up. Tanya, Leonette, and Xavier were all chasers, then came beaters she had expected to hear 'Tobias Walsh and myself' but instead heard her name be named and she stared in shock missing the listing of keeper and seeker on the first string, but managed to catch the reserves. She was half stunned and thought to question it when she glanced over to Toby who was gingerly testing his foot and congratulated her.

"Uh... thanks," She said a bit baffled before looking back to the captain and vice-captain of the quidditch team. She thought to say something but decided it wasn't worth arguing. Technically, Ronna did have much better luck at being a beater than Toby, and the only reason he had been on the team so long was because Elli and her just didn't get along, but she would have thought he'd have earned his spot from his work on the first line the year before-Ronna always figured she and Toby were about equal in skills at this point.

Sighing she glanced at Toby and picking up her broom said, "Sorry about that ankle, by the way. I can help you to the hospital wing if you want. I'm nowhere near good enough at healing to handle that..."

5th Year, Prefect, Reparifors Group Therapy Club and Dueling Club
Muggle-born, Laurel and Dragon Heartstring Wand

xxxxxxStatsxxxxxx
AC:16
Modifiers: +6 Total to all Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [O] [O] [O] [O]

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:22 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
[feeling: determined] [thinking: ...] [with: Gryffindor Team] [at: Tryouts]

Toby supposed bafflement was better than smugness. At least she wasn't rubbing it in. He shrugged as casually as possible, while his ankle twinged again and he winced. "I took a potion, so I don't think it's quite.. as... broken, but- I mean-" He debated silently. There was a lot of stairs to get up to get back to the Gryffindor Common Room, and walking on it all that way was just going to make it worse. By his guesswork, the Infirmary was closer. And they could probably fix it up a bit more for him, so he wasn't hobbling like an old man tomorrow at breakfast. He was a little surprised by her offer, though. He'd assumed she'd want as little contact with him as possible. Who knew, maybe she was over it. Maybe he should be moving on too. "Sure," he ended up saying hesitantly. "If it's not going out of your way or anything." He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, messing with his hair. What if this was a pity offer? damn it, it probably was a pity offer he was supposed to politely decline.

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:47 am
User Image
Veronica Kiss
Gryffindor
Reserve Beater 01 Beater
Current Game: Try Outs

Wearing: Try Out Clothes

"Technically it is out of my way," Ronna said bluntly with a sigh. "But I had to go up there last year try-outs thanks to you and I borrowed Alex for the trip. And it was only a broken wrist so I could walk up there fairly easily on my own."

She raised a brow staring at Toby as he was awkwardly standing there and trying to avoid putting too much pressure on the ankle. Finally, with a sigh she held out a hand and said, "Hand over your broom. I'll carry it with mine and you can use my shoulder for support. We're close enough in height it shouldn't be all that awkward. And I'm not wearing heels today so..."

She trailed off glancing away briefly with a slight frown before looking back. Things kept circling back to the general awkwardness. And whenever last summer was mentioned or addressed one of them at least would end up snapping in the end and then it would just bounce back to awkward. She was annoyed because he couldn't give her a straight answer about things, but then again logically it sort of made sense she supposed-she wasn't exactly one of those overly warm or even open people about anything that went on in her head. Being irritable tended to be her default if anything bothered her.

At least, Gypsy or Jess hadn't managed to corner her and try to interrogate her about the summer. Though, she didn't know if enough time passed to breath a sigh of relief and be positive it wouldn't happen. And, she wasn't sure if Victor would let it drop if Ronna and Toby continued to avoid addressing the whole thing-or at least addressing it properly. Stepping forward she took Toby's broom from him and put it in the same hand as her other broom and held out the other, "Ready to go, then? Like I said, you can use my shoulder as support since that ankle looks pretty painful to walk on normally..."

5th Year, Prefect, Reparifors Group Therapy Club and Dueling Club
Muggle-born, Laurel and Dragon Heartstring Wand

xxxxxxStatsxxxxxx
AC:16
Modifiers: +6 Total to all Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [O] [O] [O] [O]

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:49 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch (Try-outs)

Leonette landed on the ground after helping to collect all the balls they used for try-outs. Waiting for the results she prayed that this year she'd make the team’s starting line. She had been reserve for the last three years and it was about time that changed. Leonette listened as Jacob started going through the starting lineup. Crossing her figures as she held her broom the fourth year wanted to hear her name. From the moment she heard her name Leonette smiled. It was the second name called so she was super psyched to be first string with one of her good friends and the best Chaser they had.

After she heard her name she waited to hear David's. Leonette knew that Jacob wouldn't put anyone else as Seeker, at least not when it was his David's last year. He had more experience than anyone else at the position. So what if he didn't catch the snitch nobody else did either. "Yes, I made it!" Leonette said with a smile she was so ready to go out there and kick all the other teams out of the competition.

With: Teammates

Wearing: Try-out clothes

OOC: 0/3 To Goal - Passing to --- Total Roll: ---
AC: 17
Modifiers: +7 AC, +7 Stealing, +7 Shooting
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:07 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
[feeling: disconcerted] [thinking: ...] [with: Ronna] [at: Tryouts]

Toby stared at her blankly and handed her his broom. "Yeah, sorry 'bout that," he muttered. He wasn't sure if she was annoyed at him or the general situation, but she had been the one to offer, so who did she have to blame but herself, right? She was right, though, They were about the same height, but whenever she wore heels, she was taller. Not that he cared- he wasn't one to get put out because a girl was taller than him. Having two older siblings he could mock for being shorter than him was enough. Of course, he had no doubt this was going to be awkward, but he didn't expect anything else. He still didn't understand how one freaking snogging session was managing to define this entire year. Maybe it was the universe's way of tormenting him. "Ready," he replied, and did his best not to look disconcerted as he ended up having to put his arm around her shoulders in order to actually lean on her. He took a step forward and was relieved that with some of the weight on the ankle relieved, it hurt significantly less.

mc2

((next post at Quidditch Gate?))

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:37 am
User ImageUser Image

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ♡♡♡♡ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Xavier smiled the whole time. And when Jacob blew the whistle, a wave of nervousness ran down his body. This was it. The announcement of teams. Jacob and Crash, who he had just realized was the Vice-Captain, talked, the senior's fingers tapped his jeans. He was so nervous he can't even... Then Jacob turned around. He gulped, then nodded when the captain said that there were still strong players after the seventh years--which include him--leave. Then he said his name in the first string of chasers. Xavier grinned so widely his cheeks ached. This year, they're going to win again. Because he wants it to be the last memory he will have at the end of the year.

/3
                                              Final Roll =

● ● ⓒ

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:08 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Half-Blood

════════════════════════

Text.

The second scrimmage ended much quicker than Dani would have liked, especially since she'd gotten not even a sniff of the blood Snitch, although nobody else seemed to have spotted it either. Now the blush of the excitement of the game was wearing off, so too was the warm feeling the potion had provided. Though it restored function to her injured arm, it was starting to throb again.

When Jacob called everybody in, and told them he and Crash were going to hash out the membership of this year's squad, she figured she wouldn't make the team. In all honesty, she didn't see herself as having had a strong performance. Admittedly, she'd been trying to challenge older, more experienced players, so she wasn't expected to fare well against them anyway, but still...

Dani was surprised to be listed as the first alternate, pleased to know she'd likely be first to be called into a game if someone was injured too greatly to continue. She was happy to hear Veronica listed as one of the first team Beaters.

As Veronica started helping Tobias off the pitch, Dani rushed over, and slid herself under Tobias' other shoulder to help her more senior Housemates. "Here, I'll help," she said cheerfully. "I'm heading up there myself. I should have the nurse check my arm. Congratulations, Veronica."

Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                                    Year: Second
                                                                    Years of Play: One (Reserve Chaser Three last season)
                                                                    Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                                                    Advanced Flying II: No
                                                                    First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                                    Second Position Choice: Seeker

OOC: Quidditch Data

Modifiers: +3 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle
                                                                    Lives: (X) (X) (X)

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games