Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:23 pm
RubyLight
Violet Song jat Shariff
Oh GD, you never fail me:
Quote:
Most of my friends are Pagan, as am I. My family is Catholic, so they're Pagan but don't know it, which amuses me.

Seriously, someone said that? rofl

Yes.
About halfway down the first page of this thread.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:43 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
RubyLight
Violet Song jat Shariff
Quote:
Most of my friends are Pagan, as am I. My family is Catholic, so they're Pagan but don't know it, which amuses me.

Yes.

*Sigh* There's a reason I hardly bother with the GD or ED. Unless, I feel the need to laugh like a lunatic as I bang my head against the wall.  

RubyLight

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:40 pm
RubyLight
Violet Song jat Shariff
RubyLight
Violet Song jat Shariff
Quote:

Yes.

*Sigh* There's a reason I hardly bother with the GD or ED. Unless, I feel the need to laugh like a lunatic as I bang my head against the wall.

Aww, but that's the fun of being an EDer. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:30 pm
RubyLight
Violet Song jat Shariff
RubyLight
Violet Song jat Shariff
Quote:

Yes.

Some days the GD reminds me of a urinal cake (if it had a text form) gone unchanged for a couple of years.
Gives the same "BLEH!" feeling.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

RubyLight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:54 pm
SpaceTerminal Destiny
Aww, but that's the fun of being an EDer. xD

I still like the ED. (Guilty masochistic pleasure. sweatdrop )

Violet Song jat Shariff
Some days the GD reminds me of a urinal cake (if it had a text form) gone unchanged for a couple of years.
Gives the same "BLEH!" feeling.

Kinda like that thread you posted the link to? Now that's stinky! *shudder*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:18 am
"If I have a feeling that a goddess is something that contradicts the mythology, does it really matter what the myths say? I think my own feelings are what is important there."

I'm not really sure if that is one of the "worst things" a pagan can say, but something in that line of thought really bugs me... Or is it indeed just me thinking it the wrong way? confused  

Tesa Tezemeda

patch99329

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:51 am
'It's only intellectually dishonest if neo-Druids are actually claiming to be the same thing as ancient Druids. And most are not.

And culture rape? Please. That's lame. Whose culture? Your friend's culture? Come on, druids weren't anything near uniquely Irish. The Celts were all over the British Isles, in France, parts of Spain, Switzerland, and even northern Italy. Good luck finding an American of European descent who doesn't have Celtic ancestry. '

I think.....she missed my point. -_-  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:09 pm
Tesa Tezemeda
"If I have a feeling that a goddess is something that contradicts the mythology, does it really matter what the myths say? I think my own feelings are what is important there."

I'm not really sure if that is one of the "worst things" a pagan can say, but something in that line of thought really bugs me... Or is it indeed just me thinking it the wrong way? confused
It's the entitlement complimented by the complete disregard for the foundation of the traditions (ie culture rape) and the subjective reality argument that sets me on edge.

In short my response would have been something along the lines of "Why the ******** is it your feelings that matter and not the ******** deities?!"  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:19 am
Other person (after long story recasting self as stereotypical plains indian): I always felt I was a medicine woman in a past life. I love reading about them.

Me: What tribes in particular?

Other person: Oh, I don't know all that history stuff. I read fiction, like Clan of the Cave Bear.

Me: *headdesk*  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:30 pm
Deoridhe
Other person (after long story recasting self as stereotypical plains indian): I always felt I was a medicine woman in a past life. I love reading about them.

Other person: Oh, I don't know all that history stuff. I read fiction, like Clan of the Cave Bear.

*slamdesk*

What the ******** is wrong with that person.

Tea: I love the smell of hubris in the morning.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:00 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Deoridhe

*slamdesk*

I posit an active imagination combined with general ignorance and an inability to accurately define fiction. Although Jane M. Auel actually put a fair bit of research into her book series in terms of archaeology and ethnobotany, some things were tweaked, exaggerated, or omitted either because they're recent discoveries or for the sake of the story. And even so, this isn't going to tell the reader anything about plains Indians.

EDIT: Actually, the sections that go into detail on tanning animal hides with brain, flint knapping, etc. might be useful if one accounts for variation in local technique and available materials, but I doubt that's what the person was talking about.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:03 pm
mute_coyote
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Deoridhe

*slamdesk*

I posit an active imagination combined with general ignorance and an inability to accurately define fiction. Although Jane M. Auel actually put a fair bit of research into her book series in terms of archaeology and ethnobotany, some things were tweaked, exaggerated, or omitted either because they're recent discoveries or for the sake of the story. And even so, this isn't going to tell the reader anything about plains Indians.

EDIT: Actually, the sections that go into detail on tanning animal hides with brain, flint knapping, etc. might be useful if one accounts for variation in local technique and available materials, but I doubt that's what the person was talking about.
I would like to state that for the record, I loved that book. Though I was like ten when i read it.

The fact that this was the first book I read with sex in it probably explains so much.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:52 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Deoridhe

*slamdesk*

Seconded.

Quote:
Tea: I love the smell of hubris in the morning.
Me too.

Also? Tanning with brains stinks more than smoke tanning or alum tanning.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:07 am
this thread is awesome, lemme see if i cant come up with a few,

"I am a demon, and one of these days people are going to push me too far and the horns will come out. I AM A DEMON! (using this as a psycholgical block to deny having sex with multiple guys, because demons are never gay, lucifer on south park xD)" (dead serious)

"I just think the world would be a better place if everyone was pagan, it's the only right way,"

-sounds kind of like what an uncool christian would say-

"I don't see what you're saying."

-You want to convert people don't you?-

"Oh silly, I don't do the converting, the almighty god within me does."  

Satrevi

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games