Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Lily's Pad ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 160 161 162 163 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stay open or close shop
  Don't care
  Pie
  Throw rocks at TES
View Results

Mayu-Makita

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:46 pm
*Squeezes through the door and looks for food. Finds a couple muffins left. Takes them and leaves the gold before squuezing back out again*

Much more of these muffins and I wont be able to fit  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:57 pm
*Slips back in and sees the "tip" jar on the counter.* Aww, that's nice. Sure helps with expenses. *She rolls her cart in to the kitchen to put away some more groceries and finds the notes on the fridge. She puts away the food, then scribbles a quick note to Karrie.*

Karrie,
Thanks for the note. Suggestions are always helpful and appreciated. For eggs, I get the cage-free/range-fed only, though I've also brought in some egg substitute. I picked up some soy and some rice milk for the patrons, too. I've got labels and markers so we can mark things for our vegetarians and our vegans.
Stargazer Lily

*Next she picks up the note from Mayu-Makita.* Aww, that's no good if the patrons can't get in. *She calls Jack to see if he can squeeze in a door refit, but can't get hold of him. His receptionist/secretary refers her to a contractor. She places the call and makes the appointment.* Wow, the economy isn't helping that guy much. Things are so slow, he can get us in tomorrow. eek Price is reasonable, too.

*Lily rights a note for her patrons and tapes it to the door.* CAUTION: Construction zone.

Hope he gets thing finished up early. sweatdrop  

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 pm
Rhubarb Cake:

1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
dash of salt
2 c flour
2 c raw rhubarb, cut in small pieces
1/3 c milk

Topping:
sugar
cinnamon
nuts (optional - I don't use them)

Mix all cake ingredients and pour in greased oblong pan (13x9x2). Sprinkle with topping mixture. Bake 35 mins at 350.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:03 pm
(( Thank you, Lily! heart ))  

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:08 pm
((Mix the other ingredients together first, then throw in the rhubarb. For some reason, you get a more rhubarb flavor that way. On another note: One of my new favorite sites is allrecipes.com - They have a lot of recipes, and if you tell it how much you want to make, it reconfigures the recipe for you.))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:00 pm
*Walks to Lily's for more muffins and sees the note. Grinning widely she steps in and gets a couple and leaves a large tip with a note*

Quote:
Thank you so much for the wider doors. I was getting worried I would be stuck and unable to dine on the delis Muffins
Mayu
PS Lily, grabbed yar booty, I hope you don't mind. It was glowing so invitingly

Mayu-Makita

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:34 pm
LOL ~ doesn't mind at all ~ unfortunately, today is one of those days Gaia insists she doesn't really know her password. Gotta love that glitch. NOT!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 pm

((( LOL oh good, Mayu needs all the booty she can grab. *Stomps on Gaia's toes* Its been just giving me a hassel tonight, glad I haven't had the non password on much))

iggies

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:42 pm
((Catches Lily frequently. Think Fairy~Nuff had an issue with it there for awhile, too.))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:49 pm

((Oh geez not a fun one! I had Mayu's catch now and then, strange how it seems then to be account specific))

iggies

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:58 pm
((No doubt. I'll have to go back in to the bugs thread and whine some more on her behalf. Hopes Gaia straightens up for you.))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:07 pm

(Thanks, I hope Gaia does for you/her too... sounds like its giving others a harder time than I have had so far)

iggies

Lilith Amaranth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:09 am
*Lilith strolls in for a coffee and a muffin, sees iggies goes over to say "Good morning Iggies."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:38 pm
*walks into the Pad, noticing the new doors* Oh, Lily must have gotten the notes. That's good. *reads the note Lily left for him* Guess I should start marking what's safe for Tes and iggies to eat... might be a good idea to label what everything is too. *grabs the labels and starts making labels for everything he's made lately*  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:56 pm
*Bounces in to the Pad, ready to put together some soft, chewy Gingerbread Men, no eggs, for TES.* Whew, I'm glad I found that cookbook again. Though I wasn't sure if Gaia would accept my password today. ((Edits, long post didn't let me see you'd posted...)) Oh, hey Karrie. Glad to see you here. biggrin

*She glides in to the kitchen, washes her hands then starts gathering supplies.*

Hmm, lets see, preheat the oven to 350 - check

*Reads through the recipe again.*

3/4 cup melted butter or margarine *Likes butter better*
1 cup molasses
1/2 cup honey
1 cup thick sour milk or buttermilk *Buttermilk, please*
6 1/2 cups sifted unbleached, enriched all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ginger *Too much, go with 1 1/2 tsp*
4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp lemon or orange extract *Definitely the orange, but cuts to 1 1/2 to 2 tsp*

*Lily gathers up the ingredients and starts making up the dough:

She mixes the melted butter, molasses and honey until smooth, then pours in the buttermilk. Next she gathers her dry ingredients and sifts them together. She pours the flour mix in to her first bowl and adds the orange extract. She keeps mixing until the dough is smooth and stiff. Once the dough is ready, she flours her counter and rolls out the dough, about 1/3 inch. She takes her large gingerbread man and lady cookie cutters and the smaller ones and cuts out the shapes, placing them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Then she slides the little ginger-people in to the oven and bakes them for about 8 to 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, Lily pulls out the pans and puts all the cookies on a cooling rack.*

Aww, look at them all lined up. Though I may have more than 50 little men, women and children *Glances at the racks but decides she doesn't really want to count them. She covers the cooling racks with a cloth and walks over to the kettle to make some tea.* I know TES doesn't eat eggs... but I forget whether he's ok with milk and butter... ninja  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 160 161 162 163 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games