Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Mock Turtle's Rock (RPG)
Down The Rabbit Hole- Fantasy -Alice In Wonderland Roleplay Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 152 153 154 155 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Priestess of Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:53 pm
Eris laughed lightly, her giggle like a tinkering bell.
"My father thinks you're smarter. And far more clever. He wants to make you not only King of Wonderland, but Prince of the Underworld." She raised an eyebrow at him.
"You don't really think your brother is going to let you rule alongside him, do you? Not after what he told me about you, I certainly don't think he will." She paused for a moment, examining Dum.
"I trust you know who I am?" She looked at him expectantly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:10 pm
Indya stroked his hair as dee slept smiling at him "I promise you darling.. it will be the happiest day of both of our lives.. and you get your dream... yours and dums"

Truthfully she thought she wouldn't mind sharig the kingdom with dum as annoying as he could be at times. She hoped he would get over that girl who had run off on him and stop moping all the time  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:24 am
Through his sleep, Dee smiled when Indya stroked his hair.

~~~

Dum's face pulled into a smirk. He didn't want to believe what he already knew about his brother-- about his separate agenda for the crown. He tried to sidle around the subject instead. "Yes, I know who you are," he said, folding his arms across his chest. "I have studied the Otherworld extensively-- but I only know your domain and your parents from their myths. Apparently you are not nearly as mythical as I thought."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:22 am
Eris frowned.
"What d'you mean?" She glared at Dum. How dare he? She was princess of the Underworld, goddammit!
"No matter," she shook her head and looked away for a moment.
"This woman your brother speaks of...who is she? She ran off with the Angel Alice?" She decided abrubtly that she would make Dum forget that woman.
And she knew just how.

Priestess of Sekhmet

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:53 am
Dum gave a short, sharp laugh at the term 'Angel Alice,' just as his brother had done. "Alice is hardly an angel, as far as we're concerned," he snorted. "After she turned this kingdom upside-down when she was merely a little girl, things were peaceful again when she returned to the Otherworld for about a decade. Then she came back and ruined everything all over again."

When it penetrated his mind that the 'woman' she was referring to was Nana, Dum positively bristled. "This woman," he said between clenched teeth, "is none of your concern. But, since your persistence is relentless, I'll enlighten your fancies.

"Her name is Shayalind Firestorm, and she is the daughter of a Guardian and an Otherworlder. She was a traitor to this kingdom when it was still a queendom, under the rule of Rosalie Heart. I made a compassionate and merciful offer to her to persuade her to change her ways, but her group of fellow rebels came and spoiled any chance of that."

Of course, that was his version of the story, but he believed it with sincerity, and now that she had gotten him going he figured he might as well let the information flow. "She resides with Alice, yes, and the Cheshire Cat. There is a rumor that the latter two have children with them. The Mad Hatter was broken out of prison, and is being aided by the Dormouse and March Hare. Shayalind herself used to work for the royal family, as did the White Rabbit, a girl called Tick-Tock, and an assassin called Mimicry. They are all together in one band, and have made it their mission to destroy this castle and all we stand for."

He heaved a sigh, his eyes almost blank, but then looked up sharply and glared at Eris. "If Dee hadn't mentioned that girl, I wouldn't have needed to tell you any of this.... Why can my stupid crowd-pleaser of a brother never keep his mouth shut?" he almost yelled in frustration, pacing a few times across the study. "I cannot believe his idiotic diplomacy. I cannot believe he didn't know who you are, let alone allowed you into this castle! You are the crown princess of the Underworld, so what do you want from me? My life? My soul? My eternal bond of servitude when I leave this world and enter the next?"

He took a step even closer, and hissed in a voice that was all venom, "What is your purpose here, little girl?"

((Sorry it's so long; there's some of the RP history in there so you don't have to read back a hundred pages XD ))

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:10 am
((No, no I adore it!! Awesome, thanks that helps alot. smile ))

Eris smiled slightly, letting her head go a bit to the left as she studied this man.
"No, no, none of that." She came a step or two closer.
"I want you to be king. Honestly. That's what my father wants, and I as well. Though in my world there is a rumor that my uncle will smite my father." She looked into Dum's eyes. For once she felt she didn't rule the world. For this one moment she felt as if she'd met her equal.
"If that is true, than I will be all that's left of my line. My grandmother will surely take back my mother to Mount Olympus, but I will have to stay in the Underworld and take care of the souls of man." She smiled her first true smile of the day and looked dreamily over Dum's shoulder.
"You see, that sounds wonderful to me. My father is tired of ruling. He knows his brother is displeased with him and his time is growing short."
Her eyes once more sought Dum's.
"He wants me to marry you." She was terribly blunt, she knew. But she couldn't help it. It was her nature.
"So, if you agree;" She stopped and smirked. "which I think you will, thne you will have all the tools the gods have. To do as you wish. Perhaps you can use them to find this girl whom you adore so. I'm not a jealous girl, my father has raised me to look the other way."
She frowned and looked away for a second.
"I know what it's like to have a kingdom that's falling apart in front of you. I'm giving you the chance to save it." She looked at Dum, her face blank.

Priestess of Sekhmet

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 am
((Oh okay good. I know I can get really long-winded when I'm writing... as you've already seen, lmao))

Eris' words stopped Tweedle Dum short, and he stared at her with an expression that was somewhere between appalled and incredibly intrigued. Was this some kind of cleverly-constructed ruse? She sounded honest enough, and looked surprisingly innocent, but he knew of the gods' and goddesses' powers of enchantment, illusion, persuasion. If this was some spell of enchantment, well... it was working.

For the first time in his life, he said, "I... don't understand."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:33 am
Eris smiled softly, placing one hand on Dum's face.
"Ah, mortal. My father wants me to have a companion. Even I can't handle the Underworld alone. If you accept, you will be King of the Underworld. You'll have all the tools my father has, that I have. You can do anything you please. Take over Wonderland, or find Alice and the woman you love." She stepped back.
"As I said, I'm not jealous. I know my place. If you want her, fine. I trust you to be discrete." She looked him in the eye. Searching his face. She put out a hand.
"Trust me. I have no reason to trick you. It would bring me no gain." And, for the first time in her life, she understood what it was like to be afraid you would be turned down.

Priestess of Sekhmet

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:58 pm
Indya motioned to the servants ordering them to continue preperations for the wedding..her wedding. her heart fluttered in her chest and she looked down at Dee.

His presence alone seemed to mak her feel a bit calmer. she couldn't help but worry at all the things that could possibly go wrong. However she tried to push it from her mind " servant get my wedding dress..now i want to try it on  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:57 am
"Of course, madame," said the servant to whom Indya had spoken. He bowed and scurried out of the room, along with several ladies-in-waiting. They returned with the nearly-complete wedding gown, but kept it rather far away from the fireplace. "If Your Highness would be so kind as to-- fit the dress on the other side of the room? The air from the fire could damage the material."

~~~

Dum's eyebrow twitched when Eris' hand made contact with his face, and did so again when it left. She spoke so bluntly, and yet so compassionately-- what was she about? As if in a trance, he took her hand and bent down to kiss it. "Of what use could I be to you?" he asked slowly. "I am no companion; I cannot even hold my bond with my brother...."

He let go of her hand. "The Guardian princess is hardly the half of it," he confessed. "It was my brother's idea to obtain her and Indya from the band of fugitives. In truth, that's where she came from-- she is the sister of the Cheshire Cat. Only... I don't think she knows that anymore."

He sighed, eyes downcast. "I know my brother has an agenda of his own. You were right. He wants to marry Indya and become the self-proclaimed King of Wonderland... without me. After all our years spent planning together, he wants to do this without me." He paused, then looked back up at Eris. "This is insanity," he said with a shake of the head. "But... I accept your offer."

The Night Faery
Captain

Priestess of Sekhmet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:06 am
Eris smiled softly, true happiness in her face.
"You are..." She searched her vocabulary, "king material. You're smarter, far more clever, you know how to use your surroundings to your advantage." Her expression changed quickly.
"But, no matter. Indya, the cat-girl, she is--was one of those bandits with Alice?" She sighed and frowned.
"Your brother speaks so harshly of the Guardian woman, and how she's a lawless bandit, yet he takes his wife from the same group?" She laughed a cold, mirthless laugh. She shook her head darkly.
"You're better than him." She spoke with absently, looking out a window.
"He is a fool. He needs you, but shuns you despite. And takes a weak girl like her to be his queen. I could have her doing my bidding in a flash!" She shook her head, but looked at Dum, her smile brilliant.
"We will be the greatest." She whispered, her eyes glowing in excitement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:08 am
Indya nodded and undressed behind a screeen on the other side of the room slipping the wedding dress on . she held up the bottom of the dress and allowed the servants to zip her up walking to the mirror to view herself "It beatuiful i wish dee were awake to see this"  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:24 pm
((Sorry for being a Shakespeare geek but Eris is reminding me of Lady Macbeth right about now. XD))

One of the ladies-- the irises of her eyes a crystalline crimson-- nodded and said, "It fits you very well, Your Highness; forgive me for speaking out of turn but you look quite lovely."

She waved the other servants away and, once they were out of earshot, she checked to make sure Dee was still asleep, then added in a whisper, "Mimicry sends his love, Indya. He's worried sick about you, but I promised him we'd be out of here in no time."

~~~

Despite himself, Tweedle Dum smiled. "You are far different from what I expected, Princess Eris," he said. "And I say that with only the best intentions. Perhaps we have yet to be the greatest, but I believe you yourself already are."

To her previous statements, all he could do was nod. "They were close friends, too. If you have looked into Wonderland's history you will know of the masquerade that harbored an attack on the queendom three years ago. Shayalind was taken prisoner by the Queen's guards, and another-- the girl called Tick-Tock-- simply disappeared. Both were found around the same time, but Shayalind had become somewhat of a legend... after she had escaped from the Queen's prison she began hunting down and killing anyone and everyone connected to the royal family...."

He laughed. "...Including me and my brother. I decided the best way to save our lives was to build a fortress-- the castle we stand in now. Dee, on the other hand, decided the best way was to bring in the assailant and as many of her colleagues as possible and take away their memory. Indya was the only other one we could capture, and of the two, she was the only one who didn't regain her memories."

With a sigh, he admitted, "It was a good plan. Hideous, but clever. But it didn't work the way my brother had planned, and it did nothing for me whatsoever. I don't wish to seek out the Guardian girl again; I am sure, now that she knows who she is, she will resume the hunt. Our days our numbered, Dee's and mine; she will have us at the end of her blade eventually. And no matter how many times I try to make my brother understand this, he remains in denial."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:51 pm
Eris smiled.
"You're a very interesting man. You flatter me." She paused, considering her words.
"I like it." She said, her face childlike with it's joy.
"Thats strange, though. I'll do all I can to keep you safe. After all, we are betrothed." She laughed merrily.
"How long I've watched and waited!" She was joyous, but she seem slightly off kilter as well.
She stopped abruptly, staring at Dum.
"Dee. And Indya. What will we do with them? I suppose you don't approve of killing them..." She trailed off, a deep frown on her face.

Priestess of Sekhmet

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:24 pm
"No," Dum said with a shake of his head. "I could not kill my own brother. Not even if he tried to kill me. And the girl...." He trailed off and there was a moment's silence before he spoke up again. "She has done nothing wrong. She does not even know who she is."

His gaze had wandered to other areas of the room, and when it returned to Eris' face, his face pulled into a frown to mirror hers. "Is something wrong?" he asked curiously. "You don't seem entirely... here."

The Mock Turtle's Rock (RPG)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 152 153 154 155 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games