Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:51 pm
too2sweet
In a thread where someone was talking about working with Runes,...

Quote:
I didn't know there was a rune poem, that's awesome!

gonk

... *HEADDESK*  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:41 pm
When queried about the orthopraxic nature of Wicca, linked to the Wiccan FAQ, and informed that Witchcraft was a craft and not a natural-born ability...

Quote:
I appreciate your opinion on the subject. Wicca and Witchcraft are 2 totally different things. Yes people can be born with abilities, they are not common, that is why you believe that it is nonsensical. I am an active member of a coven that would disagree with you. Also the pentacle is a Native American symbol that the pagans stole and turned it into an evil symbol by reversing it. I know this because I am also part Native American. The High Priest of my Coven was ordained in Ireland by a High Priest out there. I am not here to argue with someone that is probably much younger than me about who I am and why I am the way that i am. I get extremely upset with those who are ignorant to other ways of Wicca. I respect what your beliefs are, but don't you dare tell me that my way is incorrect.

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

A1Saucy

Devoted Codger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:00 pm
"I'm a witch because my grandmother used witch hazel to heal my scrapes when I was little. All herbal healing is madgiqual!"

Okay, the pseudo-archaic spelling at the very least annoys me...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:29 am
4shi
"I'm a witch because my grandmother used witch hazel to heal my scrapes when I was little. All herbal healing is madgiqual!"

Spelling I'll grant you- but for the other aspects to be annoying, you'd have to have more information- and cross reference it with some of the information that turn of the century witches including Gardner had to say about herbcraft and witchcraft.  

TeaDidikai

A1Saucy

Devoted Codger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:52 pm
TeaDidikai
4shi

Spelling I'll grant you- but for the other aspects to be annoying, you'd have to have more information- and cross reference it with some of the information that turn of the century witches including Gardner had to say about herbcraft and witchcraft.

Sorry. *blush* I ran into a person who claimed to be a hedgewitch and this was their argument, while I argued this was neither valid proof nor does the use of herbs necessarily constitute as witchcraft.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:12 pm
4shi
Sorry. *blush*
No worries. We're just having a discussion.
Quote:

I ran into a person who claimed to be a hedgewitch and this was their argument,
I still haven't seen a satisfactory definition of hedgewitch.

Quote:
while I argued this was neither valid proof nor does the use of herbs necessarily constitute as witchcraft.
That would depend on their definition of magic and witchcraft. I personally could form a fairly tight argument either way.  

TeaDidikai

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:01 pm
Cyrus the Elder
When queried about the orthopraxic nature of Wicca, linked to the Wiccan FAQ, and informed that Witchcraft was a craft and not a natural-born ability...

Quote:
I appreciate your opinion on the subject. Wicca and Witchcraft are 2 totally different things. Yes people can be born with abilities, they are not common, that is why you believe that it is nonsensical. I am an active member of a coven that would disagree with you. Also the pentacle is a Native American symbol that the pagans stole and turned it into an evil symbol by reversing it. I know this because I am also part Native American. The High Priest of my Coven was ordained in Ireland by a High Priest out there. I am not here to argue with someone that is probably much younger than me about who I am and why I am the way that i am. I get extremely upset with those who are ignorant to other ways of Wicca. I respect what your beliefs are, but don't you dare tell me that my way is incorrect.

I think my head just exploded.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:58 pm
Not actually from a pagan... but did you guys know that the UU thinks homosexuals are bad?  

TeaDidikai

A1Saucy

Devoted Codger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:27 am
Whoah, forgot about this momentarily.

TeaDidikai
4shi
Sorry. *blush*
No worries. We're just having a discussion.
Quote:

I ran into a person who claimed to be a hedgewitch and this was their argument,
I still haven't seen a satisfactory definition of hedgewitch.

I don't have anything by Gardner, nor did the person ever add to their claim save their non sequitur add of herbs (or at least in a relevant way), so I can't ever answer that to your satisfaction. The thing I can say is based on their statement, their argument stood that because their grandmother used witch hazel for its astringent properties they were a hedgewitch.

Quote:
while I argued this was neither valid proof nor does the use of herbs necessarily constitute as witchcraft.
Quote:
That would depend on their definition of magic and witchcraft. I personally could form a fairly tight argument either way.

Again, they refused to define it. They were so convinced their grandmother was a hedgewitch said person was too busy whining. I could argue either way as well, but I'm going based on the one argument they gave.

edit: forgot to change one pronoun to gender neutral and made it clear someone was quoting a quote.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:22 am
When asked which Futhark said person was using after they named a rune as "Fertility"...

Quote:
I use the "Celtic Tree Alphabet", also known as Ogham Bríatharogam.

Also she apparently works with angels, Astaroth, Tiamet, Horus, Quetzlcoatl, and Aries.

The thread alone could sustain this thread for a month gonk  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:45 am
Couple gems from a conversation my girlfriend had with some guy at school:

Quote:
Fluff: You can't kill a God, its impossible.
GF: Ragnarok.
Fluff: Well, you need a special weapon, like a spear or something.
GF: Baldr was killed by mistletoe.
Fluff: ...Is that Greek Mythology?

And my personal favorite from that conversation:
Quote:
I'm a werewolf. It comes from my Iriqouis and Sioux heritage.
[snip]
Vampires exist too. Werewolves are like the ones in Underworld, and vampires... well, have you ever heard of the movie Twilight?

Said person has blond hair, blue eyes, and aparently, no physical characteristics of Native Americans (according to a student of forensic anthropology anyway).  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:33 am
PhantomPhoenix0

And my personal favorite from that conversation:
Quote:
I'm a werewolf. It comes from my Iriqouis and Sioux heritage.
[snip]
Vampires exist too. Werewolves are like the ones in Underworld, and vampires... well, have you ever heard of the movie Twilight?

Said person has blond hair, blue eyes, and aparently, no physical characteristics of Native Americans (according to a student of forensic anthropology anyway).

Part of me died inside reading this. I'm willing to bet the person is a member of the Eagle Mountain group or learned from one of those practitioners who play Lakota... *sighs*

As a note, however, I've met registered Cherokee who were "too light to be right". I'll take your word about the other physical characteristics, though.  

A1Saucy

Devoted Codger

Calixti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:08 pm
PhantomPhoenix0

It's possible. My siblings and I are a quarter Native American, and the only one who looks it is my brother. My sister looks like a beach bunny and I look like a nondescript person of western European descent (thanks, Dad).  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:21 pm
TeaDidikai
Not actually from a pagan... but did you guys know that the UU thinks homosexuals are bad?
UU?  

Gho the Girl

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:44 am
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
UU?

Universal Unitarians  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games