Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Nines19

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:11 pm
(This isn't a rant, per se, just a negative observation that kind of annoys me, likely because I'm thinking too much about it.)

confused You know how there are usually the "common symptoms" for diseases and disorders, and people like to use them to say, "I think I have..." to others? (Most often these people don't have anything wrong with them and are either over-reacting or want something to be wrong with them for attention, in my experience, but obviously that might not always be the case.)

I apparently have some "common symptoms" for two different conflicting eating "disorders". (Possibly not actual disorders, but the things they say you do/have when your eating habits are ******** up.)
...does that mean my eating habits are normal?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:15 pm
Collowrath
Sophist, I can understand your feelings here. I'm a pretty private, introspective person offline, though I'm much more open here - this is a "safe place" that I lack elsewhere. That said, my family doesn't value "griping." If there is something bothering you, my family doesn't value voicing it at all - you either take care of it or get over it. A place like this, that is set aside in a safe place specifically to voice the things that are bothering us, is really a great thing for me. Keeps it from spilling over to other places.

sweatdrop

Oh, I totally understand that, and I'm not saying this thread is a bad idea. People posting with anger here is the point of the thread, and it can be a very valid release for some. I'm just curious, besides Tea's obvious reason that there are friends here, why people chose to specifically write out what's bothering them in this group, rather than a journal, or to friends irl, or whatever. I guess I'm more in psychology mode than anything. I've been having to read too many articles. sweatdrop

Also, in my family life, I all too often don't get acknowledged as another human being worthy of having a conflicting opinion, and it is very frustrating. But I personally feel better talking to someone who knows me well, rather than an anonymous guild or website. Though I did used to have a livejournal and I liked that people I didn't know well also seemed to give a s**t. But I realized I was writing for them more than myself, and I kinda feel like that defeats the purpose of a journal to write about one's own life.  

Bastemhet

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:16 pm
Nines19
(This isn't a rant, per se, just a negative observation that kind of annoys me, likely because I'm thinking too much about it.)

confused You know how there are usually the "common symptoms" for diseases and disorders, and people like to use them to say, "I think I have..." to others? (Most often these people don't have anything wrong with them and are either over-reacting or want something to be wrong with them for attention, in my experience, but obviously that might not always be the case.)

I apparently have some "common symptoms" for two different conflicting eating "disorders". (Possibly not actual disorders, but the things they say you do/have when your eating habits are ******** up.)
...does that mean my eating habits are normal?

What are the symptoms, if you don't mind my asking?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:26 pm
Sophist
Collowrath
Sophist, I can understand your feelings here. I'm a pretty private, introspective person offline, though I'm much more open here - this is a "safe place" that I lack elsewhere. That said, my family doesn't value "griping." If there is something bothering you, my family doesn't value voicing it at all - you either take care of it or get over it. A place like this, that is set aside in a safe place specifically to voice the things that are bothering us, is really a great thing for me. Keeps it from spilling over to other places.

sweatdrop

Oh, I totally understand that, and I'm not saying this thread is a bad idea. People posting with anger here is the point of the thread, and it can be a very valid release for some. I'm just curious, besides Tea's obvious reason that there are friends here, why people chose to specifically write out what's bothering them in this group, rather than a journal, or to friends irl, or whatever. I guess I'm more in psychology mode than anything. I've been having to read too many articles. sweatdrop

Also, in my family life, I all too often don't get acknowledged as another human being worthy of having a conflicting opinion, and it is very frustrating. But I personally feel better talking to someone who knows me well, rather than an anonymous guild or website. Though I did used to have a livejournal and I liked that people I didn't know well also seemed to give a s**t. But I realized I was writing for them more than myself, and I kinda feel like that defeats the purpose of a journal to write about one's own life.

I also share the same feelings as Collowrath on this.

I love posting on this forum, simply because all that anger I keep in throughout the day gets to be spilled out on a little virtual message where someone may or may not comment on it in a way that will either make you laugh, think, or less stressed about it all together. Hell, They may not answer it at, but the thought on someone actually reading through my issue comforts me.

Personally, I don't trust people with my issues, at least not in real life. I mean, it's not like I haven't tried, but no one has earned that kind of trust and many have actually lost it recently. So that leaves me with no one to talk to about my thoughts and journals are something I'm not too keen on for personal reasons. I also like how no one really knows me very well, that means I'm not judged on who I used to be or how I was before all of "this".

I'm going to quote Collowrath on this one when I say, This is a safe place. It's filled with rational thinking and real people who, from what I've read, can see through bullshit like you can see through glass. So, I feel like there's no need to lie or write for them because it doesn't feel like a competition about "who's life sucks worse then the other's", you know? It feels nice.

Namikikyo

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:32 pm
Namikikyo
Sophist
Collowrath

sweatdrop

I also share the same feelings as Collowrath on this.

I love posting on this forum, simply because all that anger I keep in throughout the day gets to be spilled out on a little virtual where someone may or may not comment on it in a way that will either make you laugh, think, or less stressed about it all together. Hell, They may not answer it at, but the thought on someone actually reading through my issue comforts me.

Personally, I don't trust people with my issues, at least not in real life. I mean, it's not like I haven't tried, but no one has earned that kind of trust and many have actually lost it recently. So that leaves me with no one to talk to about my thoughts and journals are something I'm not too keen on for personal reasons. I also like how no one really knows me very well, that means I'm not judged on who I used to be or how I was before all of "this".

I'm going to quote Collowrath on this one when I say, This is a safe place. It's filled with rational thinking and real people who, from what I've read, can see through bullshit like you can see through glass. So, I feel like there's no need to lie or write for them because it doesn't feel like a competition about "who's life sucks worse then the other's", you know? It feels nice.

I agree, when I come in here and vent, some one usually comments and makes me look at it from another angle. Often I'm not angry anymore. And it's a safe place, while you may be questiond on why you feel the way you do, you're not going to be blamed or ridiculed for it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:36 pm
Sophist
why people chose to specifically write out what's bothering them in this group, rather than a journal, or to friends irl, or whatever.

I've almost been royally ******** over by posting in a journal. I don't tend to divulge my deeper issues in one because of that. What I post in my LJ tends to be non-personal, surface topics and issues.
Most of my friends I have now are newer friends, and a lot of the things I tend to rant about...they would need to be filled in on a good bit of back-history for it to make sense and I don't think they'd be interested in hearing it, nor do I feel like spilling it to all of them. I'm trying to forget so much and I don't want to have to drag it all out all the time.

I like posting here because I don't need to worry about filling in back history (no one asks for it) and if someone cares enough to, I enjoy the insightful/humorous/sympathetic feedback.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:36 pm
Sophist
Collowrath

sweatdrop

*shrug* Sometimes, people just do strange things.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:43 pm
So today, I passed out. Twice. Once and then again after they put me in a chair which led to the embarassment of myself- big time. I don't even know why I did pass out. Everyone attributed it to not having breakfast and standing for a while. Is that really even possible? I'm mad at myself for even letting it happen. I haven't passed out in 4 years and that was for an obvious reason (my stitches that I had removed didn't close up)

How does everyone else get over embarassment? heart A tad bit of advice'd be real nice right about now.  

CilverCyanide

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:58 pm
CilverCyanide
So today, I passed out. Twice. Once and then again after they put me in a chair which led to the embarassment of myself- big time. I don't even know why I did pass out. Everyone attributed it to not having breakfast and standing for a while. Is that really even possible? I'm mad at myself for even letting it happen. I haven't passed out in 4 years and that was for an obvious reason (my stitches that I had removed didn't close up)

If your blood sugar was low, yes. That can happen. I used to get dizzy all the time coming out of the shower: medication lowered my blood pressure and the heat would cause it.

I've had people pass out in performance because they didn't eat that morning.

It sucks, but it happens to a lot of people.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:34 pm
maenad nuri
CilverCyanide

If your blood sugar was low, yes. That can happen. I used to get dizzy all the time coming out of the shower: medication lowered my blood pressure and the heat would cause it.

I've had people pass out in performance because they didn't eat that morning.

It sucks, but it happens to a lot of people.

Would low blood pressure explain a general feeling of nausea, stifling of breath, and light-headedness triggered when in the shower? I use to get that all of the time when living at home. I'd have to cut the shower and curl up on the mat 'til it would pass, but as soon as it passed, I would be fine all day.  

Aino Ailill

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:22 am
Thanks to Namikikyo, Shearaha, Violet Song jat Shariff, and Collowrath for sharing their ideas on why the post here. It was interesting to see the different reasons. I think one of the most compelling ones that I was already kind of thinking was this:

Namikikyo
I also like how no one really knows me very well, that means I'm not judged on who I used to be or how I was before all of "this".

That's what I meant by anonymity. I mean sure, people could have been posting in the guild for a while, letting slip a few personal details, but I wonder how much someone actually really invests in this guild besides a few details. Or is it even possible for someone to know someone else thoroughly just by their words?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:01 am
Sophist
Thanks to Namikikyo, Shearaha, Violet Song jat Shariff, and Collowrath for sharing their ideas on why the post here. It was interesting to see the different reasons. I think one of the most compelling ones that I was already kind of thinking was this:

Namikikyo
I also like how no one really knows me very well, that means I'm not judged on who I used to be or how I was before all of "this".

That's what I meant by anonymity. I mean sure, people could have been posting in the guild for a while, letting slip a few personal details, but I wonder how much someone actually really invests in this guild besides a few details. Or is it even possible for someone to know someone else thoroughly just by their words?

Well, I like to think there are a few who invest heavily on this guild. From what I've read, there are some here who have very well kept relationships with each other over the internet, phone, and a Recon held every year.

I've personally had very close relationships online with a few people that was just as good a real life one, trust played a big part in all of them. Trust plays a big part in any relationship.

If anything, What I meant by that statement was that I got a clean slate, which is hard to come by in real life where I live [[Information travels like wild fire in a dry forest here]] making it extremely hard to trust someone. But in Guilds like this, filled with like minded and intelligent people, I find it easier to let my guard down and be myself without the repercussions of it back firing in my face.

Though, to be fair, It is just as easy to wear a virtual mask as well as a real one.

Namikikyo

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:35 am
gah...racists...

I just finished a call with a gentleman. The call seemed to be going straightfoward --he wanted to make sure his address was correct and add in his middle initial.

And then he got to why...

according to him, and 20/20, bands of travellers and g~ are going around, stealing property deeds to get land, by claiming to have the same name as semi-abandoned property owners. He tells me how dirty g~ are.

Since he's an agent, and too many complaints from them can negatively impact my performance reviews, I just ended the call as soon as I could.

How much you want to bet that was a John Stossel report?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:41 am
Aino Ailill

Would low blood pressure explain a general feeling of nausea, stifling of breath, and light-headedness triggered when in the shower? I use to get that all of the time when living at home. I'd have to cut the shower and curl up on the mat 'til it would pass, but as soon as it passed, I would be fine all day.

I think so, but I am not a doctor. My blood pressure and dizziness is also related to a medication that I am about to go on again.

ADHD MEDS FTW!  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:56 pm
maenad nuri

How much you want to bet that was a John Stossel report?
Don't know him. I know that Donald Kuchar was one of the famous Chicago Police Bigots who targeted what he called "G~ Crime".  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games