Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:16 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch (Try-outs)

David lost sight of the snitch and mental cursed himself. How could he be so careless. Quickly going back on the hunt David really wanted to catch it. At this point it was becoming more of a need then an actually want. Granted he'd live without it he just wasn't having any luck...

With: Teammates

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC: 19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts) Total Roll : 19
AC: 18
Modifiers: +8 Spotting, +8 Catching
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:03 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Text.

Dani glanced back when she realized one of the other kids was trying to snag the ball from her. 'Yep, figures,' she thought grimly, 'thinks I'm an easy target now I'm hurt, and he isn't wrong.'

"Nice try, Axel," she called out to the First Year encouragingly, as he tried to punch the ball from where it was cradled in her arm. "Keep trying!" He wasn't doing anything to her she hadn't tried last year when it was her first time to tryout.

Running for the Goals: Task Bar: XX

Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                                    Year: Second
                                                                    Years of Play: One (Reserve Chaser Three last season)
                                                                    Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                                                    Advanced Flying II: No
                                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                                    First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                                    Second Position Choice: Seeker

OOC: Quidditch Data

AC: 13
                                                                    Modifiers: +2 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle (reduced to +1 due to wounds)
                                                                    Lives: (X) (X)

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

Alexandria had completely missed the alarm clock she had set for that morning; consequently, she ran onto the pitch late with an almost empty stomach. After scarfing down a blueberry muffin and a glass of milk, the girl jogged out of the Great Hall and towards the pitch. Okay, so the other players should have probably expected her to show up late at least one year to the tryouts. After all, she showed up late to all their games (not that she was even really needed to go). Scanning the pitch, Alex smiled apologetically to Jacob before grabbing a form and filling it out. “I’d still like to try out,” she told the captain as she handed back the form.

Username: kiska166
Character's Name: Alexandria Quimby - Scott
House: Gryffindor
Year: 4th
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Hold The Line, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Keeper
Second Choice Position: Keeper reserve

Team:
Armour Class: +16
Shots Blocked:
Shots Missed:
Modifiers: ( blocking goals +8 )
Skills: Great Catch, Hold The Line, Natural Flyer
Total Roll:
Block Quaffle: Higher roll than shooter
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

You won't know anything unless you try
Might end up falling, but you just might fly
You know it's all about what you believe
And maybe something extra up your sleeve

((OOC: outfit in left picture. Sorry I'm late! Been busy))

I won't be whining about what might've been
You know I'm not too big on giving in
I use whatever spell the law allows
That is of course, if I know how

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:05 pm
User Image
User Image

Rosabella, who always showed up extremely early, ran onto the pitch late. By the time she arrived, most of the players were already placed into teams and playing. Frick. Please let me try out. The thirteen year old hoped it wasn’t too late for her to be given a chance to prove herself. After all, she did make the team last year, and the year before, which meant they needed her, right? “I’m sorry for being late, Jacob! It won’t happen again, I promise.” The girl quickly scribbled down the information that was needed on the parchment and handed it to her captain.

Username: kiska166
Character's Name: Rosabella Winthrop
House: Gryffindor
Year: 3rd
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Wherever I am needed

Team:
Scored: 0
Armour Class: +14
Modifiers: (stealing quaffle +4) (shooting quaffle +4)
Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
Total Roll:
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Score: + than keeper
Steal: + than AC

((OOC: outfit in left picture. Sorry I’m late! Been busy))

I wanna dance with somebody. I wanna feel the heat with somebody.
I wanna dance with somebody. With somebody who loves me.

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:14 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓxxxxxThis time, for real, tired of playing it safexxxxxInside I feel, I've got what it takesxxxxxTo prove to the world who I really can bexxxxxI know for sure, there's no stopping me
⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠

Tanya sighed as she didn't manage to snag the ball in the air before it reached Dani but she did zoom after her along with Axel. She watched as he made his attempt and miss by a couple feet but still gave him an encouraging grin. She flew faster to sidle up alongside her to reach out and try and grasp the quaffle from her.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Position: Chaser
Modifiers: +6 for Swiping
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [<3] [<3] [<3]
To Goal: ~/3
Final Roll: 24

It's my turn now & you know that I'm readyxxxxxIt's my turn now, yeah, I'm strong, and I'm steadyxxxxxBreak down the wall, gonna go for it allxxxxxIt's my time, gonna shine, show you howxxxxxBecause it's my turn now

TryoutsWhere: Quidditch FieldWith: Team 2Thinking: Quidditch time is here...happiness and cheer..OOC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:16 pm
ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓxxxxxThis time, for real, tired of playing it safexxxxxInside I feel, I've got what it takesxxxxxTo prove to the world who I really can bexxxxxI know for sure, there's no stopping me
⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠

Tanya smiled in triumph as the quaffle came easily into her hands before she gave the girl a mock salute before making an about face turn back towards the opposite goal posts.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To Goal: 1/3
Final Roll: ~

It's my turn now & you know that I'm readyxxxxxIt's my turn now, yeah, I'm strong, and I'm steadyxxxxxBreak down the wall, gonna go for it allxxxxxIt's my time, gonna shine, show you howxxxxxBecause it's my turn now

TryoutsWhere: Quidditch FieldWith: Team 2Thinking: Quidditch time is here...happiness and cheer..OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:36 pm
User Image
Julius Elias Xanders is...spacespacespacespace
OFFICIALLY // Quidditch Team Hopeful
AT // Try-Outs
ON // Quidditch Pitch
spacespac
═════════════════════════════════════════════════
xxxxxxxQuidditch Stats
Position Playing: Seeker
Currently: LOOKING FOR THE SNITCH
Roll Total (From Before): 11 (+3 Spotting Snitch // +3 Catching) = 14
(Need 19 or above to Spot//22 or above to Catch)

Chasing the Snitch: XX/3
Catching the Snitch: XX/2
Snitches Caught: 00
AC: 11
LIVES: [O] [O] [O] [O]
spacespac═════════════════════════════════════════════════

space Julius eyes darted across the field as he looked for the tiny snitch and he noted two girls, one a girl from his year-Rosabella he thought was her name-and then another girl probably a year or two older. He thought it was only a year, but he wasn't sure. He usually was fairly quiet and stuck to himself so it was hard to keep up with all his housemates names or years if they weren't someone in his regular classes. Realizing he shouldn't waste much time on focusing on the two girls late arrival his focus returned to searching for the snitch.

xxxxxxStatsxxxxxx
                                                          Modifiers: +3 Spotting//+3 Catching
                                                          Special Skills: Dang Healthy, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch

(( OOC: @ Graydon Ironshield, Danica has gotten hit once by Ronna successfully here by the way.))
Graydon Ironshield

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:32 pm
You called my name in the dark
Called me back to the start
The condensation is building tension
A stubborn silence is formed
Around our bodies it's warm
The cool wet grasses as summer passes
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Fifth Year Prefect - Gryffindor Beater -
[feeling: determined] [thinking: ...] [with: Gryffindor Team] [at: Tryouts]

Toby failed to stop the bludger, to his dismay. He turned his attention towards Tanya again and aimed for her.

I'm gonna kick the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

Position: Team One Beater
AC: 17
Mods: +7 Bludger Hits (-2 Due to Lives Lost, so +5)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust
Fallen empires and raging bush fires
All your words confounded
Secret lives bound and hid
Living backwards in tangled backwoods
You ruined everything right
So good I can’t see the light

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:37 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss
Gryffindor
Reserve Beater 01
Current Game: Try Outs

xxxxxxxQuidditch Stats
Team 2
Position: Beater
BLOCKING FOR Tanya
Aiming at: Tobias Walsh
Roll Total: 13 +6 = 19 (SUCCESSFUL BLOCK and SUCCESSFUL HIT ON TOBY!)

Opponents hit: 06
Opponents missed: 01
Bludgers blocked: 01
Team 1 score: 10 pts
Team 2 score: 00 pts
Wearing: Try Out Clothes

Veronica spotted as Alex and Rosabella came to try-outs late but her attention was quickly turned by when Toby hit a bludger towards Tanya. She pressed forward hoping to block and out of reflex planned to send it back to Toby.

5th Year, Prefect, Reparifors Group Therapy Club and Dueling Club
Muggle-born, Laurel and Dragon Heartstring Wand

xxxxxxStatsxxxxxx
AC:16
Modifiers: +6 Total to all Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [O] [O] [O] [O]
<>
The Forgotten Weasley
Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:46 pm
⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠

Tanya continued on towards the goal meeting little opposition before she spotted a bludger heading in her direction. She braced herself for impact when she saw Ronna come out of nowhere and deflect the shot back to Toby. She spared the girl a passing grin and kept on. She was definitely getting a christmas basket in the hols.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To Goal: 2/3
Final Roll: ~

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:05 pm
You called my name in the dark
Called me back to the start
The condensation is building tension
A stubborn silence is formed
Around our bodies it's warm
The cool wet grasses as summer passes
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Fifth Year Prefect - Gryffindor Beater -
[feeling: determined] [thinking: ...] [with: Gryffindor Team] [at: Tryouts]

Toby was sure his bludger was going to hit Tanya, but Ronna of course had to block the bludger and send it right back at him. He swore right before it smashed into his left wrist. There was an unpleasant popping sensation, and instant pain and warmth. It was already beginning to swell. He winced at the sight of it and was thankful he was a righty. He was pretty sure it was sprained. It felt almost loose. He hefted his bat in his other hand, knowing he'd have to swing it one handed from now on. He tried to aim at Ronna this time, wary of aiming at Tanya again in case Ronna just blocked once more and dealt even more pain to him.

I'm gonna kick the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

Position: Team One Beater
AC: 17
Mods: +7 Bludger Hits (-3 Due to Lives Lost, so +4)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust
Fallen empires and raging bush fires
All your words confounded
Secret lives bound and hid
Living backwards in tangled backwoods
You ruined everything right
So good I can’t see the light

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:23 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Text.

Dani didn't know Tanya was there until the more experienced player had the Quaffle out of her grasp and was heading off toward her team's goal hoops. 'I was almost there,' she thought, feeling a little frustrated, as she slid into a tight climbing turn. As she swooped around, Dani caught sight of Rosabella and Alex arriving for the tryouts. 'At least nothing bad happened to them,' she thought. 'Knowing Alex, she probably overslept.'

She pulled her broomstick through a climbing turn, before swooping in toward Tanya to try retaking the Quaffle from her.

Action: Trying to take the Quaffle back. Yeah, right.

OOC: Thanks for the heads-up. Didn't realize I'd been hit. Have edited previous posts to redress.

Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                                    Year: Second
                                                                    Years of Play: One (Reserve Chaser Three last season)
                                                                    Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                                                    First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                                    Second Position Choice: Seeker

OOC: Quidditch Data

AC: 13
                                                                    Modifiers: +2 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle (Currently reduced ton +1 due to wounds)
                                                                    Lives: (X) (X)

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:34 pm
⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠

Tanya maneuvered away from Dani as she tried to steal and found herself directly in front of the goal posts. With a grin she launched the quaffle through the air and hoped for a score.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To Goal: 3/3
Final Roll: 15

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:48 am
User Image
Julius Elias Xanders is...spacespacespacespace
OFFICIALLY // Quidditch Team Hopeful
AT // Try-Outs
ON // Quidditch Pitch
spacespac
xxxxxxxQuidditch Stats
Position Playing: Seeker
Currently: LOOKING FOR THE SNITCH
Roll Total (From Before): 4 (+3 Spotting Snitch // +3 Catching) = 7
(Need 19 or above to Spot//22 or above to Catch)

Chasing the Snitch: XX/3
Catching the Snitch: XX/2
Snitches Caught: 00
AC: 11
LIVES: [O] [O] [O] [O]
spacespac═════════════════════════════════════════════════

space Julius frowned slightly his fingers tapping occassionally on his broom handle as he continued searching for the snitch. He had found it fairly easily before-not that it counted since he didn't catch it, but still. Maybe the snitch got more determined to hide now that it had two people attempt to catch it. Could the snitch decide things like that? He supposed it was possible considering the Sorting Hat was just a hat with a magic and could make decisions about people. If objects couldn't have rational thought, he doubted the school would have let a hat be responsible for picking which house which person went in.
                                                          xxxxxxStatsxxxxxx
                                                          Modifiers: +3 Spotting//+3 Catching
                                                          Special Skills: Dang Healthy, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch

(( OOC: ...))

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:08 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Axel maintained a safe distance several meters behind Tanya as she rocketed down across the field. He tried to keep up as she narrowed in on the goal posts. None of the other chasers seemed to be having much luck on stealing from Tanya, except Leonette, anyway, but luckily, the cheery, ebony skinned girl had made it into the scoring zone and lined up her shot. Axel waited with baited breath to see if it would slip through the hoops.

[OOC://]

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄═════════════════╗
Second Year, Halfblood
12 years old Ψ 5' Ψ 113lbs
Chaser: Team Two
AC: 12

HP ══ ══ ══ 66%
(+2 stealing/shooting) (+2 flying) (-1 injury)
(0/3) __ Total Roll: __

╚═════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

murruelecreuset

TEAM ONE:
Chasers ~ Leonette, Vanessa, Danica
Keeper ~ Celaena
Beater ~ Toby

TEAM TWO:
Chasers ~ Axel, Tanya, Nina
Keeper ~ Crash
Beater ~ Ronna

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games