Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:01 am
Games I looking for at the moment, for my 360 is:
Dragon Age II (Working on my latest character on DA: Origins/Awakening, since I have all the DLC now.)
Homefront
Space Marines
Dead Space 2
And Mass Effect 3...if that even comes out sometime this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 am
Mass Effect 3 is coming this year if not mistaken. I'm unable to generate interest for it though.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:36 am
Anyone else having particular issues with Black Ops lately?
Mostly connection issues. Kicking me out mid-game.

I'm somewhat pissed off with it. There are already more bugs in this game than Vault 101 and they've decided to sell DLC (for more than its worth) before fixing them. And now I can't even play the game as it is.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:12 am
Which platform are we talking about? PC?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:57 am
Sry no, Xbox. But from what I've read, PS3 are having even more connection issues with the game.

Don't know about PC, but I believe they have more freedoms to try and sort the issues out themselves. Though if it's to do with a messed up patch then obviously they can't go online unless they download it anyway? (assuming it's the same as DoW which was the last PC game I played online). Catch 22. You're the PC player around here I believe so you'll have to tell me about that. Though I know that online isn't your thing.
With what I have I might as well be running a calculator. 20gb hard drive, 64mb Gforce 2. 2gh processor, 1gb ram. Soundcard is in a drawer somewhere and onboard gave up donkeys ago. Man, I remember when my PC was still -the- sh*t.

I'd just go back to MW2 if it weren't for OMA 'naders and quickscopers.
I'm far too much of a principled player. I refuse to even drop to ground when I get into a dual with someone I'm that cheese-less.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:40 am
Yeah, Black Ops is seriously hampered for all platforms due to that patch, though the PC has been more or less fixed from what I've gathered. Seeing as the PC version runs through Steam it auto-patches everything it has installed unless you switch it off, which means you can't play on-line unless you install the latest (broken) patch. Har har har. stare

I've played a few matches on-line, to see how things have progressed over the years. Bunny-hopping Spetznaz, a steady barrage of grenades tossed across the map as Vietcong charge from their spawn and idiot OP-40s hiding behind low cover in a crouch, only to jump up, take a potshot and crouch down again.

Never again.. crying  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 am
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/31/dawn-of-war-2-retribution-preview-the-guard-are-coming/

another retri preview, hilarious pic of comissar melee attack razz  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:05 pm
so I finally managed to pick up a game I been looking at for some at. Front Mission Evolved. It plays a lot like Armored Core. But with the solid story of front mission. While I felt the story should have definitely been more in depth on some parts and found it a tad on the short side, the telling of the story there is I found pretty good. A feature I did find incredibly enjoyable it the way the check points work. I lost power mid game and when it came back was able to start just short of where I was before it happened. Sadly though the "bosses" are more than easier enough to beat as one requires you to have a mid range Wanzer while the other simply has you build the heaviest most armed thing you can come up with an pound it into submission.  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:39 am
I got Retribution this Sunday, now I've got to wait until Friday for the game to unlock. At least it's pre-loaded and has the unlocks installed. crying

Also decided to give the Dragon Age 2 demo a whirl. I'm actually impressed by the improved combat and talking protagonist.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:52 pm
Lt. Brookman
I got Retribution this Sunday, now I've got to wait until Friday for the game to unlock. At least it's pre-loaded and has the unlocks installed. crying

Also decided to give the Dragon Age 2 demo a whirl. I'm actually impressed by the improved combat and talking protagonist.
yes my delay in ordering caused mine to be on back order so I must now wait  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 pm
Retribution unlocked this morning and I've wrapped up the Guard campaign a few hours ago. A bit short but fun. Now then, off to play the Ork campaign, which is a barrel of laughs so far.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:21 pm
I played the Space Marine campaign, and maybe get answers from playing the Imperial guard one or something, but...

It doesn't talk much about what happened to your Commander and crew from the DoW2+expansion. Which was disappointing but I was pleased with how the story went otherwise.

I also like how they went halfway back to the roots of the first DoW games. Although, I'd prefer there to be much more drops and items as it was feeling rather skimpy in that department.

Also was odd getting items you'd expect to get in the first few missions (like flash grenades and other things you never used) in the last 2-3 missions..  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:38 pm
mine should be here... Thursday ish I just had to spring for the collectors....  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:12 am
Sir Kyle Aziz
I played the Space Marine campaign, and maybe get answers from playing the Imperial guard one or something, but...

It doesn't talk much about what happened to your Commander and crew from the DoW2+expansion. Which was disappointing but I was pleased with how the story went otherwise.

I also like how they went halfway back to the roots of the first DoW games. Although, I'd prefer there to be much more drops and items as it was feeling rather skimpy in that department.

Also was odd getting items you'd expect to get in the first few missions (like flash grenades and other things you never used) in the last 2-3 missions..
The Guard missions are pretty run of the mill and really follow the Inquisitor as she investigates the case and digs for evidence. I will say that commander Freddy Mercury and Sergeant Major Merrick are great characters, especially their ending dialogue as the witch hunter flies off gave me a chuckle.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Saints Row 3 a.k.a. Saints Row the Third has been announced. ******** yes gangstas. pirate  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games