Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:08 pm
{{And this is where your character sheet comes back to bite you in the a**:
BlackR.16
Languages: English, Italian, Spanish, and a bit of Arabic.

In other words, Black doesn't know how to speak Russian.}}  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:17 am
(( I know what I wrote....but as time has passed since then and he has been in Serbia for a little while. Whose to say he hasnt learned enough to say what he did??? Hmm...? Black is intelligent he could have learned quickly by learning every chance he got. ))  

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:25 am
{{You know, the reason I put the languages section on in my template was in hopes of preventing instances like this. Of course, it was up to the person posting whether or not they wanted to include it [most people didn't have a language section]. By "instances like this", of course, I mean someone suddenly deciding that they want their character to know a new language simply to "fit in" or because it would be convenient for the character to know the language for whatever reason.

Throw out as many excuses as you want about learning it so quickly. The fact still remains that you decided you wanted a new language just because it was the "in" thing. They could have just as well knew English.}}

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:42 am
(( Eh it was whatever. And it made better sense to me for the storyline. Im in a small village in Siberia. The chances of them knowing English or any other language for that matter is slim to none. So what better to do then learn some Russian to help me become better aquainted with the family I am rooming with. I see your point I just hope you see mine too. If it helps I can always take that part off my bio. Im just trying to be fluid here. ))  

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:21 am
{{No, it doesn't help, actually. The fact will still remain. Convenient for the storyline does not always mean "more interesting" or "better". If people can always pull out new tricks at the flick of a wrist, then what's the point?

Good characters have balance and a sense of realism to them, even if it is a fantasy setting. It allows the reader to relate to them. When it takes hard work and perseverance to accomplish a task, it makes it that much more meaningful when it is completed. If someone can suddenly gain a new skill just because they say so, it means absolutely nothing. It's on par with what grade school students do to cheat at games; changing the rules constantly to give themselves an advantage or just flat out refusing to accept that they indeed lost.

There's a difference between being fluid and being fickle.}}

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:38 am
(( So would you have rather had me post multiple times soley for the sake of showing me learning something? I was never going to use that language ever again except here in this situation. And if anyone would have asked me I would of told them the same. The languages I will use outside of this scenario will only be the ones that I have posted for the simple fact that those ARE the languages I know. So what do you have me do since you have pressed the issue? Im just inquiring for future reference. ))  

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:07 am
{{As I said, they could have just as well known English, regardless of how likely you think it is. In the instance you just really feel that they absolutely would not know English, you could be using a travel dictionary to put together simple phrases and understand bits and pieces of what was said rather than just talking Russian casually as if you've known the language for years.

If it's never going to be used again, then I would have to ask again: "What's the point?" Additionally, if you learned the language specifically to be able to communicate with the family you're staying with, then how did you come to stay with them to begin with without knowing their language?

You're a vampire. It's not like you were going to die out there without them giving you a place to stay. If I'm recalling correctly, I believe you had even stated that you don't even register pain that much, so the elements shouldn't be much of a problem especially since you've also stated you have power over elements. With your "super speed" and magical abilities, you could have even just built yourself a temporary shelter for the duration of your stay or just hid away in a cave somewhere.

Try to utilize things that your character already has before you decide to add something new. Having a character with established limitations doesn't mean that there aren't still countless possibilities for it.}}

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:16 am
(( OK. Well to finish this up. I only did what I believed to be the best route and method for writing this segment. I appreciate the constructive criticism provided by you and will always take it into mind. But as it has already been posted there is not much we can do about the past, but to push onwards and build off of our mistakes. ))  

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Flame Knightmaer

Dangerous Businessman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:23 pm
-spending the better part of his day placing the majority of his things in storage, he's got his back room set up as it used to be. Before moving in with Icy, when he bought his building, he had a room specifically made to live in, set with a kitchenette and private bath. Putting the last of his clothes up, he checks the time, feeling his stomach beginning to protest. Grabbing his keys, he locks up and jumps on his bike, going to a little restaurant he loved to eat at. Sitting down, he smiles as the waiter greets him by name, taking his usual order. Sipping on his Coke as soon as it's brought out, he looks out the window across the street and sees a little boutique has opened since he'd been gone.

When the waiter returns with his meal, he inquires about the shop and is told that the owners are new to town and have been doing well, catering to women mostly. Nodding, he thanks the waiter and starts eating, deciding to visit the shop once he's done. Paying the tab and tipping, he walks across the street and inside, eyes widening a bit at all the lingerie, costumes, stilettos, jewelry, etc inside. His first thought was Icy b/c he knew she'd die if she saw half the shoes there, but his thoughts immediately turn to dame when he sees a cute little number hanging in the back. A middle aged woman comes out to greet him, asking if he's looking for something special for someone special. He smiles and nods his head in the direction of the little outfit hanging up. In turn the owner smiles and walks to the back, picking up an extender to take the outfit down.

Two outfits, some lingerie and jewelry later, he's walking out with wrapped boxes and gift bags, wondering just how in hell he was going to fix them on his bike and not crush the boxes or rip the bags. After about half an hour, he's situated the boxes on the back of his bike while placing the bags on each handle, taking the surface streets and doing Driving-Miss-Daisy speed back to the JD*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:36 pm
* As he lays there buried under a layer of snow, memories start to creep into his sleeping mind like fog, gripping it as a vice. All of a sudden he was back in that accursed castle in Italy standing in the overhang where the Council seats were. He looks to his left and right at his fellow elders before before addressing the clans amassed in the Hall. * Silence!! Peace and be still for the Council speaks now. * The Hall becomes silent as Antony begins to speak * A time of great strife has come upon us and threatens the very civility of our culture. Where own actions pit brother against brother......and vampire against vampire. * He pauses for a moment before continuing * Tonight I gather the Council and the clans in proposal of something new. A new innovation on our lives. * He pauses once more to observe the other six members of the Council before continuing * I am proposing to drop the old ways....to disband the seven clans. * Discontent began to run through the masses in the Hall and whispering began to snake its way through. Antony raises his hand to quiet them * But I also propose that we converge into one. One clan...."The Clan". A clan where it will not matter your liniage or family name. A clan where you will be accepted because you are VAMPIRE. I propose this for the sake of no more fighting....no more stuggle.....no more fear. * He stands once again * As head of this Council I call for a vote on the matter. As it has always been, so it shall always be. Majority rules with the head voting last in the eventuality of a split Council. After each Council member has voted they will leave the Hall. * He turns to his left and addresses a woman with raven black hair and eyes that seemed to be bottomless. * Elder Mariela, what is your vote...? * She stands and turns towards Antony before walking out * Nay * He turns his gaze to the next elder in line. He was set like stone, his eyes and face emotionless and unforgiving * Michael, your vote... * Michael turns his stony gaze to his as he stands * Aye.. * As he walks out Antony looks to the next elder. * And Ceras, what is your vote? * The vampire was playing with his ring, tracing the crest engraved on it as he took his turn and stood * Nay * As Ceras left the Hall and Antony turned towards the right side he began to start feeling disenheartened. He gestures towards the elder at the end. * Irvinia, What is your vote..? * Brushing her snow white hair back she stands and turns her piercing gaze towards Antony and responds without hesitation or indecision * Nay * She walks briskly out of the Hall as Antony turns to the next in line. The vampire being the youngest on the Council looked towards Antony as he stood up and brushed his hair with a flick of his wrist * Nay * A weight began to press upon Antony's chest as he turns his gaze on the last of the Council members. He takes a moment before asking her, transfixed by her beauty and stunning coal grey eyes . * Alicia.... * he pauses * Your vote....? * A silence hung in the air as she stared up into her lovers eyes. His heart began to beat on the inside of his chest screaming to be let out. The small flicker in her eyes turns sad as she whispers to him * I'm sorry my love.... * And as she turns back to the Hall and stands up she slips his ring off her finger and casts her vote. * Nay * and rushes off out of the Hall. The vampires in the Hall begin to erupt in cheers as others began to shout obsentities at Antony. Broken in spirit he stands from his seat and flits away to his chambers *  

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:41 pm
*After an uneventful walk home, Lily had tried to sleep without much luck. She eventually got up and made some tea, curling up in her favorite chair with her feet tucked under her. Completely exhausted, she closes her eyes and lets her mind run to places she hasn't visited in a long time.

She sees herself as a teenager, staying with Moon and his parents at the compound. The two best friends, laying on their backs in the tall grass, staring at the sky and discussing their dreams. Moon wanting to study law, to help out those the "man" was after, merely because they chose not to live the same lifestyle of Mr. Average. An idea drilled in his head from his early years by his hippie parents. His fear they wouldn't understand his dream, they'd think he'd sold out. Stargazer Lily, wanting to open a shop to sell alternative foods and medicines, healthy stuff not packed with chemicals like they grew on the compound. Moon and Star's shop, he'd practice law and help out in the shop when he had time. They'd fed each others dreams and hid them from his parents. She can see Moon as a teen, his long black hair hanging loose around his face, falling softly over his shoulders, the same as her long red hair fell on her own. Though she'd kept hers long and loose to cover her ears, long pointed ears she tried hard to pretend weren't there. She could almost picture the old meadow, not hard since it hadn't changed over the years, but to see herself and Moon together there made her smile. Young dreamers. Watching the sun set together, the moon come up. The moon, lighting on the lake. Her lips twitch in a devilish grin. Racing to the water, clothes falling off along the way as they splash in. Swimming out together until they reached the small island in the middle of the lake. She can see the water dripping off Moon's bare skin as he strides out of the lake, feel the wind on her own skin as she follows. Finding a blanket they keep stashed there. Laying intertwined beneath the moonlight, skin on skin. The sweet smell of smoke as they pass it between them. She sighs, remembering them as young lovers. Both outcasts by circumstance, they'd had each other. Her mind continues to travel the past, remembering what had come next and her green eyes grow sad. She stretches her legs, her tea gone cold and she pads in to the kitchen to make a fresh cup.*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:26 pm
*Ghost slips in, watching Star curl back up in her chair holding her mug with both hands. She senses the sadness coming off her twin and floats over, slipping in to Star's mind unnoticed. Most unusual as her twin is usually on her guard. She finds herself in a memory shared, when they were one whole person and not a splintered personality. She see's the old farmhouse, Moon trying patiently to explain why he wants to study law, his parents screaming he's betraying everything they stand for. Disowning him and asking her to choose where she'll stay. She wants to go to college, to be with her love. The only person who loves her. Packing their things in his old car, driving across country. A rundown apartment at the edge of the college property comes to mind. She watches Moon, no Harv, he's so forceful when he corrects his name, watches him work extra jobs, studying and working, driving himself. He doesn't need any help, not even from her. He doesn't eat well, can't afford it, doesn't sleep much, has to study, has to work. Months go by as she watches his weight plummet, his body getting too thin and still he drives himself. In the hospital, barely holding on and yet, still forceful, no one may call the parents. No I told you so's, doesn't want to deal with them. Feels herself being pushed away. Watching him self destruct kills her and she can't bear to watch it. She loves him so much, but she just can't see him like this. He can't hear anything but the drive to prove his parents wrong, to do it all by himself, not needing anyone. She remembers kissing him goodbye, her fingers trailing through his now cropped hair, fighting tears. Packing her things and moving on. Occasional calls, he says he's ok, he's finally graduated, found a firm to take him. Becomes the kind of lawyer he detested and no longer remembers the dream. Tears slip down Star's cheeks as the images of him near death linger. Ghost wants her to remember when he came back, when he looked at her and the shop and asked who she was. Funny he'd ask her that. Star had told her about that. Ironic that he'd go there, ironic that the twins want to stay separated and yet Ghost wants to share new memories. Feeling chilled, Lily pulls the afghan from the back of her chair and wraps it around herself.*  

Ghost of Lily

Shameless Exhibitionist

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:01 pm
{{*bawls like a baby* crying crying crying Not Harv, no!!! OMG, such interesting stories. I've got a newfound trio to keep tabs on. wink }}  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:50 pm
((-sniffs along with Icy, passing her some tissues- cry ))  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:37 pm
((Story has been piecing itself together for months now ~ usually during long trips to the Burg to pick up the oldest kiddo from college ~ what can I say, it's a 3 hour drive over.

Icy's not crying for Lily btw, she's been ogling Harv since his first appearance.))  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games