Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Relkin9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:28 pm
Quote:
Drachyench_The_Eternal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:12 pm Post subject:
Quick question, is it Possible to make an Armor 14, Stationary, Vehical with 5 Twin-Linked Assault Cannons?

Under the VDR, yes it is possible. Now if you wanted to make it A transport that can deep strike, you can do that as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:30 pm
Relkin9
Quote:
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Quick question, is it Possible to make an Armor 14, Stationary, Vehical with 5 Twin-Linked Assault Cannons?

Under the VDR, yes it is possible. Now if you wanted to make it A transport that can deep strike, you can do that as well.

Wait, what would be better for the cost and game, 5 Twin-Linked Assault Cannons, or 8 Heavy Bolters?  

Drachyench

Relkin9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:37 pm
Quote:
Drachyench_The_Eternal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:30 pm Post subject:
Relkin9 wrote:
Quote:
Drachyench_The_Eternal

Wait, what would be better for the cost and game, 5 Twin-Linked Assault Cannons, or 8 Heavy Bolters?

Do you mean to make the game fairer to your enemy, or whether it would be more desructive? If you want it to be Desructive, go with the assault cannons. If you want it to be fairer, go with the Heavy Bolters.

And BTW, if you do make it in the VDR, think about giving the Gatling Propertyto it. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:38 pm
Relkin9
Quote:
Drachyench_The_Eternal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:30 pm Post subject:
Relkin9 wrote:
Quote:
Drachyench_The_Eternal

Do you mean to make the game fairer to your enemy, or whether it would be more desructive? If you want it to be Desructive, go with the assault cannons. If you want it to be fairer, go with the Heavy Bolters.

And BTW, if you do make it in the VDR, think about giving the Gatling Propertyto it. xd

I think 24 Heavy Bolter Shots is still good. Oh look, and IG platoon, BABOOMBABOOMBABOOM, oops, there went your 20 man platoon!  

Drachyench

angelfire5x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:55 pm
I'm currently working on 'crab tank' sentinels.

My plan is to stick two imperial gaurd sentinels together, so it has 4 legs, and giving them extra armour, and rough terrain mod.

Naturally i'm gonna give 'em autocannons, becuase they're soo much better then multilasers.

I've done sketches of them so far, and they've come out pretty wel.. now i just need the money to get two cadian sentinels to make one crab tank, and i want to make three of them! £72 all in all x_o

Can't screw up, too expensive for an unemployed eighteen year old.

I'll post the sketches when i actually scan them in.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:57 pm
Quote:
Drachyench_The_Eternal

I think 24 Heavy Bolter Shots is still good. Oh look, and IG platoon, BABOOMBABOOMBABOOM, oops, there went your 20 man platoon!

Well think about it. If you give it 8 Assault Cannons, and make them all gatling, you can get up to 106 shots per turn.  

Relkin9

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:04 pm
Relkin9
Quote:
Drachyench_The_Eternal

Well think about it. If you give it 8 Assault Cannons, and make them all gatling, you can get up to 106 shots per turn.

Dang, that would kill. Bye-Bye NightBringer. But watch it attract missile fire.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:09 pm
Quote:

Armour Value 14, plus Reinforcement fields. Does not take damage for at least 3 turns if you give it the max#. Oh, and Make them twin-linked, so you can re-roll any misses.  

Relkin9

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:51 pm
Relkin9
Quote:

Armour Value 14, plus Reinforcement fields. Does not take damage for at least 3 turns if you give it the max#. Oh, and Make them twin-linked, so you can re-roll any misses.

The cost is, Survey Says! 1,000 Points!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:19 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Relkin9
Quote:
Drachyench_The_Eternal

Gatling assualt cannons? neutral  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Tziek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:41 pm
Gotta be WYSISYG... So three assault cannons to make it gatling, and another three right next to it to make it twin linked. Mommy...
Anyway.. I got this idea where I take the head off of a spear and put a chainsword at the end and cover some bits with green stuff, so it's a chain spear. biggrin My VDR landspeeder 'Doom Fox' (lame, I know) is gonna have two twin-linked assault cannons and a multi-melta. Insertevillaughhere.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:53 pm
Quote:
Gatling assualt cannons?

Yeah, under the VDR, you can make any weapon on A vehicle A gatling weapon. It gives you D3 times the base number of shots. You can also give any weapon A blast radius, or upgrade the blast radius. Then there is also the ability to give everything another 1/2 as much range further, so an assault cannon would have A range of 54 inches.  

Relkin9

Daemonmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:24 pm
Some of you guys might remember my Daemon Prince that my cat exploded. Well, I kept the pose the same, but I changed his weapon to a double sword (I love both the 40k Daemon Prince sword and Be'lakor's sword and couldn't choose between them) and added some plasticard to the left arm to mimic a shield. It's almost done at this point. I just have to add some odds and ends like pipes, spikes, skulls, and dress up the base a bit.
Enough with the yabber, here's some pics!

User Image
Front

User Image
Left side

User Image
Right side

What do ya think?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:05 am
Quote:
Daemonmaster
What do ya think?

Daaammnn. Wicked. Really, it does indeed look awesome. 3nodding  

Relkin9

Tziek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:27 am
Nice shield... It kinda looks like it could be a second CC weapon.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games