Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PFRC Mentoring Program
Nuri's Q&A topic Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:07 pm
That, I really have no idea. My husband is diabetic, so I have access to all that (those little lanclets GET EVERYWHERE) and it's never occurred to me to think about it. I don't like blood.

I'll do a bit of research and get back.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:41 pm
maenad nuri
That, I really have no idea. My husband is diabetic, so I have access to all that (those little lanclets GET EVERYWHERE) and it's never occurred to me to think about it. I don't like blood.

Tell me about it. Between the lancets and the test strips, my vacuum has more of my medical supplies then I do.

I really appreciate this, Nuri. Thank you very much, I know it was a really odd question.

sweatdrop

Namikikyo

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:51 pm
Namikikyo
maenad nuri

Tell me about it. Between the lancets and the test strips, my vacuum has more of my medical supplies then I do.

I really appreciate this, Nuri. Thank you very much, I know it was a really odd question.

sweatdrop

DUDE, the lancets broke my printer. I have no idea how, but they lodged themselves into the printer. And I couldn't get them out.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:24 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
123NewYear.com
Lucky New Year Food in Greece
The Greek tradition of eating Vasilopita (a cake baked with a coin inside) originated from the famously high taxes that the Ottoman Empire imposed on the Greek people during the long Ottoman reign. It is believed that a Bishop of Greece, through some miracle, managed to recover a large portion of the Greek people's riches from the Ottoman's grasp. When he attempted to return the riches to their respective owners fighting among the Greek people broke out -- no one could agree on who had owned what! The second miracle of the story unveils itself here: Saint Basil asked the women to bake a large cake with the valuables inside. When he sliced the cake, the valuables miraculously found their way back to their rightful owners! Today, a cake is baked in honor of this miracle and one coin is baked inside of it. The person who bites into his piece of cake and finds the coin will be blessed with good luck in the coming New Year.

that's kinda sorta in a way like finding the 'baby jesus' in a mardi gras king cake, except that the finder of the baby, traditionally, has the task of providing the cake for next year.  

whiporwill-o

Lady Maythen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:02 pm
Can I ask a question here? sweatdrop

Talking about king cakes, is it considered 'Pagan' to celebrate Mardi Gras? I live in South Louisiana, so it's pretty much everywhere. Where I live, we still have the people in masks riding on horses while gathering chickens D:>  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:21 pm
Couyon

Talking about king cakes, is it considered 'Pagan' to celebrate Mardi Gras? I live in South Louisiana, so it's pretty much everywhere. Where I live, we still have the people in masks riding on horses while gathering chickens D:>

I can't think of anything more Dionysian than Mardi Gras!  

maenad nuri
Captain

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:46 am
maenad nuri
Couyon

I can't think of anything more Dionysian than Mardi Gras!

The first thing in my mind here is "wine, women, and song" XD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:49 pm
It's been a while! I exist!
So about the dorm thing, I actually am ending up moving out, and transferring to another school (It's just too expensive here).. But

I've got an actual question, especially for those who read Tarot could help?
I've been reading for a while now, and I'm considered pretty adept at it...But you know, I've been wondering if you could somehow connect with the divine through Tarot, since it is a divination tool.

Chaos Blue

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:04 pm
Chaos Blue
It's been a while! I exist!
So about the dorm thing, I actually am ending up moving out, and transferring to another school (It's just too expensive here).. But

I've got an actual question, especially for those who read Tarot could help?
I've been reading for a while now, and I'm considered pretty adept at it...But you know, I've been wondering if you could somehow connect with the divine through Tarot, since it is a divination tool.

I don't really read tarot at all, but I imagine you could. It's a tool like any other even if it isn't particularly Greek.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:54 pm
I always think of Apollo when I whip out my cards. Sence I've read multipule times he's the God of divination and fortune telling, seeing as Delphie was his.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:41 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
I always think of Apollo when I whip out my cards. Sence I've read multipule times he's the God of divination and fortune telling, seeing as Delphie was his.

That's way weird...When I mentioned divination with Tarot, I think of the exact same god! At most it's probably because of the well known idea of being a god of truth and shedding light on situations.
smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:09 pm
oNeque

it seems that i read somewhere that mardi gras has roots in Lupercalia, a Roman festival that honored Lupercus. (i lived in south alabama for a good deal of my life, thus far, about an hour from mobile, so mardi gras was kinda big where i lived too, but nothing like they do in new orleans or mobile!)

i'll see if i can find the source.

EDIT:
here's one source:http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312226/history.htm
there's a whole slew of websites if you go to google and type in Lupercalia Mardi Gras

and it also seems that mardi gras has roots in several pagan traditions if the info is correct. IF being the big question.  

whiporwill-o

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:43 pm
Hm! You know, I've been reading about Hermeticism, Alchemy and the like...It's really interesting stuff...But I'm finding it a bit difficult to understand the definition of Hermeticism. I'm aware of Hermes Trismegistus, but could anyone clarify for me, who he is exactly?

I answered my own questions eventually sweatdrop . I've made it a habit to take time out to say a sort of hello to the gods when I wake up.
Question though...Would Myrrh resin be an appropriate incense for Hermes?
I'm getting different ideas on herb blends for loose incense for him, Apollo and Artemis.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:57 am
Speaking of Apollo, what incense would be apropriate to burn to him? Esp, if I'm asking about healing someone?  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PFRC Mentoring Program

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers