Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What's more important? Art or story Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Art or Story?
  Art
  Story
  Can't have one without the other
  Neither, I don't care as long as its yaoi
  poll whore option
View Results

Zizima

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:14 am
I agree with you, Zekai Rei. o/

I think it's fifty-fifty. I think it's important to be able to enjoy the art while reading, at least I find it important. Even though the story would be so heartbraking or impressing in some other way, it would be hard to enjoy it if it was drawn poorly. And a good story alongside the art just increases the enjoyment.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:15 pm
im uber picky about the art XD i dun care for the story as long as the arts gud  

Emu_Blood

YueTheVampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:45 pm
I will have to say that both are
what is importaint to me
I can only read it if the art is good and
if the plot is wounderful to go with it

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:47 pm
Wow thats a good question, uhmm i think that.. wow ..
hmm . Well the story always matters , if you have a stupid story plot it doesnt make a good anime/manga/doujinshi. But the art is what puts it all together . So bad art and a good story would be okay , but great art and a bad story would be , idk . THEY are both equily important , hahah  

GaarafanGurl08

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Lastea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:59 pm
If the story isn't good then it doesn't matter how good the art is, but if the art is bad then it doesn't matter how good the story is. For me I think it has to be both...has to have a good story and good art.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:15 pm
Oh jeez, that's a hard one. But I'm leaning towards gorgeous art. Both of them can be reading hard to find together, but I guess when ever I'm searching for a new manga to read, it all comes down to whether I like the art or not.  

lecoser

Romantic Conversationalist

Enacchi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:54 am
Er...toughie.. But if the art isn't good, then I wouldn't be as immersed into the story as I would like to...
Usually I can tolerate moderate looking art, but if the style is too "mannish" looking or if they look plain and similar then that's a turn off..
They at least need to be intelligent looking in the proportion department and/or the Uke needs to have cutesy big eyes~ heart
I usually like any type of story....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:44 pm
See, on the one hand, art is the way you're going to be able to most express emotions, and it just kills realism if the art doesn't show that properly. (Whether you like the style or not is a different matter.)

On the other hand, you can have beautiful art, but it's going to mean nothing if the story is dumb, cliche, or nonsensical. And in the end, whether something has amazing art or fairly subpar art, it's the story that will draw me to it or push me away from it.

So, my answer is the story.  

deactivatedfedcba

ZyklonBPD

Invisible Streaker

8,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:38 pm
well both are important to me. i mean if the story is like, 3/10, and the art is good, then it's just...meh you know? if its the other way around then i just ignore it all. but thats my opinion. redface  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:31 pm
Both are important, But if i had to choose, it'd be story. sweatdrop with art i can only make up a story (though knowing me it wouldn't be good) but with the story itself, you can imagin it however you want.

XxBlackRosesxX94

Freiflug

Punching Bag

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:39 pm
You kind of need both. For the manga 'Fake', which I loathe the art, I enjoyed the characters enough to ignore that fact. So, in a way I suppose I'd rather have a good story and more in-depth characters and just pretty fluff. Though it'd be idealistic to have both. (: Story comes first. <3  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:48 pm
Typically, good story comes with art

69_Go-Go_69

tefcouun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:50 pm
Ugh..so hard to decide. I'm guessing story trumps art...no...I need to see hot guys...ugh...I need both! confused  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:44 am
I read this comic. It was a good story. Much smex. Art was werid. I wanted to cry...
My brain died and various other parts of my soul...

crying  

LazyButler

FrikinChibi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:24 pm
For me, it doesn't matter how well drawn they are, no matter how much detail, no matter how much the artist put into it, it amounts to nothing if the story is crap.

I can't say how many mangas I've dropped because the story was getting repetitive/boring/outright ridiculous.

It doesn't help at all when they mess up on both areas. >_>;;  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces