Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
The Complaint Dept Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you consider this thread cathartic?
  No
  Yes
  Where's my damned dinner?
View Results

squirly138

250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:50 pm
Why couldn't I vote?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:55 pm
when you're new you're polling capabilities are limited. as your post count is very low you can maybe only poll 10 times before you stop getting 10 gold, it slowly goes up as your post count rises, untill you reach 1000 posts, then you get unlimited polling.
i hope i explained that so it was understandable sweatdrop  

jellysundae

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:01 pm
squirly138
Why couldn't I vote?

The poll ended, the person who made this thread forgot about this place I guess.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:46 am
we get forgetful with age...what were we talking about again? neutral  

Tarotess
Crew

7,450 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:15 pm
Tarotess

Complaints... yes... complaints....

I stopped at my sisters house today, she is always begging me to stop by and see her. When I got there they had just gotten home with new beds for 3 of the kids... they all just got new beds about a year ago???
The kids were loud and my sister was drinking shots of tequilla with her neighbor. I said a couple things to my sister that she couldn't really respond to because of all that was going on... sat there doing nothing but petting the dog, then told her I was going home... she didn't even say good-bye.

My sister begs me all the time to come by and see her, yet every time I do there is so much chaos that I cannot talk to her. It is either the kids, neighbors and friends over, or whatever... She has a life where she doesn't work, stays home with the 4 kids, home schools them when she feels like it (her oldest is 13 and smarter than her, she quit high school), spends her husban's money and whines if someone sais something not wonderful about something she has... She bought this giant mirror for by the front door, it is about 3 feet by 3 feet and quite odd looking... I told her is was odd and she started whining and pouting about it. Her husband just bought her and the 4 kids each ipods, they got the small ipods ($250 each) and I asked why, for $100 more each did they not get the bigger ones with video??? She whined about that too, stated they have portable dvd players and PS2's so there was no reason for it.

This is my area to complain, so my complaint about my sister is that I wish she would just forget about me, live her spoiled-whiny life, and beg for someone else to come talk to her that doesn't care that she will ignore them.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:46 am
This holding the door open thing is starting to really bug me! To me, holding the door open for someone implies you think they're incapable of doing it for themselves! Maybe they're too busy with a child or they got an armload of packages or are legally blind (actually, I find it's best not to hold the door open for blind guys, it throws 'em off.)

But I was in the middle of my run today and this STUPID COLLEGE GIRL (Oh MAN do I hate coeds) is comin' in to a set of double doors at the same time I am and the horrible THING dodges this way and that just AIMING for the same door I am. It's not like she's got anything in her stupid little hands! It's not like her freakin' arm is broken! She's just a lazy little brat and she wants ME to open the door for her! Well, no WAY!

But... but, she shies back a little and I'm on a real tight schedule, so I push open the door, just a little bit, just enough for me to get out so's she can get the picture that there's another, working do RIGHT BESIDE ME, and the... the... Witch with a B dodges straight in behind me like I was opening it all for her freakin' lonesome! I wanted to chew her a new one right there, to drag her back into the freakin' lobby and say, "Excuse me, Miss, is your pudgy little princess arm BROKEN or something?!?"

She... she FORCED me to hold the dang door open for her! Now, maybe some of you who read this say good for her and to you I say, may you never be able to do anything but smile at the horrors in your life in helpless calumny. Curse you and your enforced civility! I'd like to see gangster-popping rappers dating your daughters and motorcycle-leathers clad lunatics tearing up your precious TruGreen lawns with their noxious, noisy machines! I wanna see you watch your wives hauled off to BeloRus slavery-prostitution merchants and your sons sold to Iraq to work in dangerous conditions for substandard pay despite strict edicts against it, you... you... REPUBLICANS!

I used to be civil! I used to go out of my way to lend a smile or a helping hand, but forget it! I'm not volunteering anymore! I'm not doin' nothin' You Get NOTHING from me, you horrible, horrible people! I will not LIVE your way! I will not live under a prince and I will not let you live your horrid little whitewashed lives!

Well, I'm not gonna kill you or anything, but I'm gonna try real hard to think of some more ways to be totally rude to you and encourage every ex-punk I know to do the same. Admit it, you monsters, you like it that way, don't you.  

Harbone
Crew

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:17 pm
Harbone, you're priceless! rofl

I never expect to have doors held open for me, and am always a bit taken aback if it happens, so I tend to hesitate before moving ahead, which confuses the polite soul who decided to act all gentlemanly on me! It always seems a bit rude to allow somebody to stand holding a door for you, while you swan through like Lady Whatsit (like you say, why, if you're perfectly capable of opening it yourself?). Some older guys were just brought up that way, though, and I've found that they get insulted if you don't let them do the gentleman thing and open doors. All this equality stuff is just too difficult for them... Why is life so complicated, even over a simple little thing like walking through a door? blaugh

I've just realised I'm in the complaints thread, but I'm not actually complaining, just having a good time... apologies for not really being on topic! mrgreen

I wonder, though... what if your little princess b-witch could tell that you were horrified at the very idea of holding open the door, and deliberately manoeuvred herself so that you ended up doing it - albeit under protest - just for fun...? xp

I don't have any daughters, lawns, wives, sons, or whitewash for that matter... but I'm sure you'll think of something! lol  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:12 am
alleira
I wonder, though... what if your little princess b-witch could tell that you were horrified at the very idea of holding open the door, and deliberately manoeuvred herself so that you ended up doing it - albeit under protest - just for fun...? xp

i think that's exactly what she did, but not for fun, because some girls are just scream and don't think, they KNOW the world stops spinning whilst they sleep evil  

jellysundae

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:26 pm
New rant..................

We have been friends with an X-girlfriend of my son's for a few years. She has a pretty messed up family and we have always tried to be here for her. She is pregnant and her family wanted her to get an abortion, she has no interest in that. She is due August 1st. We have offered her everything we can to help her out, she can stay with us, she will get all the support she needs. She was sick and went to her parent's house, her mother and father told her she could stay there for a while until she got back on her feet... I hadn't been able to contact her for about a week, then I got this letter from her...

Quote:
Hi Jess.

I did get your voicmail, but i haven't been able to call you back. Because, Theres something that i need to tell you. When my mom told me that I could go back and stay with them for a while, she didn't tell me that i was going to be leaving. Her and my grandma bought me a plane ticket and made me go to Washington. I wanted to call you and tell you to return all that you had gotten me, but i was so scared. i didn't want you to be mad at me. I really appreciate all that you have done for me! And i will pay you back when i get home. I want to come back like this weekend, but my mom told me no, and the doctor also told me that it wasn't a good idea to travel anymore. (I personally think that's bull shyt) but yea. The plane was pretty uncomfortable. but i am so willing to do it again. But i cant. i am so sorry Jessie. Noone wants me to keep her, so i guess the family friends that im staying with, are going to keep her.... I dunno. Ill keep more in touch with you in case something changes. But my phone doesn't get service out here, but im online a lot! So, we can email!

Again, thank you for everything that you did. I miss you! Loe you!

Alwaise, Jenn

Her mother shipped her from Minnesota to Washington to get her away from them to have her baby and give it to the people she is staying with. Her family is very predjudice and the baby's father is black.

They tricked her, making her believe she could stay with them, then ship her off to have the baby and take it away from her so their family doesn't have to deal with the embarrassment. I just can't believe there are still people like that in this world. I cannot even express how much I hate them and how much I hurt for her.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:50 pm
That's just a bunch of BS... people can be so unbelievable. However, she could tell the people in the hospital that she doesn't want to give the baby up - tell them her story, and see what the state law has to say about that. WA is a whole lot more liberal than most states.  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:51 pm
Tarotess
Tis the sexy T - girl - it's so good to see you! *Hugs*  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:18 pm
Lil Brat
That's just a bunch of BS... people can be so unbelievable. However, she could tell the people in the hospital that she doesn't want to give the baby up - tell them her story, and see what the state law has to say about that. WA is a whole lot more liberal than most states.

Update;
I am going to get her a ticket back here, as soon as she tells me when she thinks she can get out of there. She has been sending me text messages from here phone for a couple days on how hard it is to use a phone or get online. Today I had 2 emails come in, this one and then a link to Orbitz... but the link did not have anything but the home page. Since then there has been nothing new.

Quote:
Um, I have a favor/question... Um, I want to come home.. but i dont have enough in my account. I thought i had more in there, but i dont. So, um, I could send u the site that i found the prices on, and when i get back, i WILL pay you back!! I can promise u that! I jus wanna get home!!!

Lil-Jo
Crew

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:38 pm
No offense, Lil Jo. It sounds like you're going through a tough time. And you've got a real hard decision to make. I don't like seeing anyone played for a sucker, and I certainly support abortions for just about any reason, but I don't cotton to racist ideaologies (especially because I'm sadly prone to very negative stereotyping when I don't watch myself.)

There's still quite a few people in Washington State (I assume you mean Washington State as opposed to DC) who have very dangerous outlooks (some of my relatives in the area still use the term "colored" in the most negative way possible) who would play a rotten trick like that for the reasons you list.

On the other hand, there is always the possiblity that you might get taken for a lot of money. If you can comfortably buy the plane ticket and offer the young woman a place to stay, that wouldn't be so bad... but if the woman is under 18, then you're buying yourself a heap of legal trouble and you may wish to consult a lawyer before doing anything else. If you can afford the plane ticket, I assume you can afford a $50.00 consult fee!

Even so, you may wish to take the young lady to consult a lawyer if you wish to help her out. Remember that she's probably in emotional turmoil if she's, what, ending her second trimester right now?

Yep. Big trouble. On the one hand we're talking about the continuation of the human race, here. On the other hand, we're talking about a baby that's coming into a cold, cold world with a lot of people who should be there to help her already gearing up to be her enemies. There's almost nothing in the whole, wide, nasty human experience I'd wish on any kid, but at least it helps if there's someone willing to make the many cruel sacrifices that love demands when you come out of the womb!

So, what are you going to do? Will you be the "rescuer" of this young lady, or will you seek some professional assistance before you intervene further (if only to protect your own kith and kin from the ramifications of what sound to be the mother and her family's rather cunning and dangerous relatives.)? I know it would be difficult, if not impossible, for a person of conscience to sit something like this out, so I wish you the best in this difficult endeavor.

PS. As an important aside, here, I wonder if we could start a new complaints department thread or something where we could therapeutically blather about our troubles without fear of either positive or negative comments? No support and no corrective measures, just a place to gripe?

And, yeah, it's hard to live charitably.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:23 am
I have to respond...

First, I did get her a ticket, she will be back on Wednesday night. Second, she is 21. She is single and wants to keep her baby. She is very confused right now and all I am doing is helping her to keep her baby and have the confidence to stand up to her parents and family that doesn't seem to think she is good for anything and have a problem with bringing a mixed child into their family.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:06 pm
Well, okay, I forgot she was 21. You mentioned that earlier, I think. That makes things a lot safer on the legal side.... I think. It's nice of you to help the young lady out.

But I'm always suspicious 'cause I've been conned a few times and I can't really afford to be taken again for a few years.

And I think that the complaint department is pretty much a loss at this point. It's okay if people post here looking for support, now. Everyone needs support from time to time. I just gotta find someplace else to gripe.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games