Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KchulaRrit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:51 pm
Kyrin_Rilmarion
I'm kyrin, I play Chaos Space Marines Thousands Sons as well as the Tau. I don't have any pictures at this time sweatdrop

Right on!

My friend and I have been eyeballing Warhammer for the better part of a year and a half now and finally decided to drop the several hundred of dollars it would cost to even think about playing. He chose Orks, as he chooses orcs in everything he plays (he loves those green idiots, they're just too funny) and I went with Tau - cause I loved the look of em, and considered myself fairly safe with a shooty army against my primary opponent - Orks. Weeeell, I've only accumulated about 1700 points of Tau and have expanded into Imperial Guard, who I conscript into Gue'Vesa more often than naught.

I was really really interested in Thousand Sons, but thats cause I've got Warhammer ADD, and just can't find one army to stick with.

I've only painted some of the guard, and put all my heart into it. I'm, not to brag, very proud of the job I did on my Stormtroopers. At least, for my first try. I've very very sure that they suck compared to almost any of the figures you'd find on the Portent Gallery, but damnit - can't a guy be proud of his droptroops?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:04 am
Well. You may call me Jonny, and I play as the necrons. I am also now starting Imperial Gaurd (acutally, I started them a while ago, but kinda put them off). Unfortunatly, I have no pictures for you at this time. Sorry.  

Mobius Strip

AdmiralSnackbar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:22 am
Howdy howdy! Snackbar is the name and screaming, frothing, cursing, stinking green Orks is my game. I'm the friend Kchlularrit spoke of and yes, I adore Orkies. I played them in Warcraft 1-3, I played one in Morrowind, and everything else I could choose them as. For years I sat around, loving Orks but not having a special Orky Avatar. He needed a name. Then, while reading Dirty Pair I had an idea.

Gashmasta!

Sounds Orky, now he needed a name. I immediately go to the spring of ideas that is Secret Of Monkey Island and named my Ork Grog Gashamasta, after the goofy acidic pirate drink. My Orkiness was assured.

Now I have know about Warhammer for years. But I always just assumed it was 90 thousand dollars for one model. After Kchularrit decided to spring for some Tau, I realized I needed to get in too. So I bought a ton of Orks. Check out the thread Space Ork Fun! for a list of what I own.

I am glad to be here, it's hard to find Warhammer people in Arizona that aren't asses.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:41 am
i play ultramarines and starting tau. when im done with the tau im getting grey knights.  

Vecna the Maimed

Original Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100

Silvia Crow

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:44 am
vecna_the_maimed
i play ultramarines and starting tau. when im done with the tau im getting grey knights.

Tau's the best, Marines suck, Grey Knights rock socks. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:45 am
SilusCrow
vecna_the_maimed

Tau's the best, Marines suck, Grey Knights rock socks. 3nodding
lol I agree.  

Traitor Jacknife

Adeaus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:32 am
Greetings All. I am Battle-Brother Adeaus of His Most Holy Order of the Adeptus Astartes, or just Bro Adeaus for short. I've been collecting Space Marines for nigh-on 6 years now.

Out of that collection, I have a 1000pts Dark Angels force, three home-made Chapters at 2500pts each and a Deathwatch Kill-team (Kill-team as in the mini-game in the Rulebook). I am starting an Iron Warriors force and a Imperial Guard Storm Trooper Corps, with kill-teams for both.

No pics yet, but I will put some up in the near future.

Bro Adeaus  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:13 pm
hello people 3nodding
I have been playing WH40k and WH since i was about 7 (9 yrs ago) i have currently got a 3000pt chaos undivided army and a 1500pt empire WH army

i also have a gorka morka gang and a mordheim warband hiding around somehwere as i have played those games too.

also ive played a little battlefleet gothic and plan on buying it soon.

On a side note i also enjoy roleplaying preferably rule based and in person, i currently have about 3 different games running a week at the moment they are Cyber punk battletech and BESM eek  

sovie

Nehalem

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:18 pm
My name is Ryan and sadly I'm a Games Workshop addict. I play 40k with a Daemonhunters army, Blood Bowl with a Wood Elf team, Mordheim with a Skaven warband, and I'm currently working on a Space Marine fleet for BFG. I also look to make a Wood Elf Fantasy army when they come out with a damn army book. I can't paint or make models very well, and my mechanics of GW games are a little rusty, having recently moved and still being unable to access many of my rulebooks. Luckily I have some good friends who are quite artistic and skilled in building models, once my friend finishes painting my Daemonhunters army I shall post some pics, it looks very cool so far, with some interesting conversions. I'm also pretty good with strategy and tactics. I prefer the small elite armies instead of the swarms so I'm a fan of the Space Marine type armies and not I'm so big of an Ork fan. This long and random introduction is brought to you by caffeine and boredom, my drugs of choice.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:35 am
welcome to me. hi all!

well its a slow load but for parts of my armies see this site

glad to be aboard.  

shadzar

lJonl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:59 am
Howdy all, I'm a player of eldars and I'm glad to be aboard nice to meet you all.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:59 pm
Hello. I used to be on gaia a while ago and just got back into it.
I have been playing 40k for almost 5 years now. I currently play Tau and Tyranids. Yes my name is a bad joke but I had to think of something. Anyway, I first got into 40k by wandering into a Games Workshop while I was on vacation in England.
My first army was Space Wolves, but when Tau came out I gave them up for Tau. Later on I wanted something completly different so I started a Tyranid army. I can't wait for the new codex in May! biggrin
I'm not the best at painting but I'm happy with it. I love making terrain and making my own coversions.
Glad to be here.  

Jeanstealer

Reddemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:12 pm
Greetings from the Valkyries of Taranoc Nor. I am Shas'O Reddemon(Red for short). My sisters in arms are the wifes of the First Army of Taranoc Nor before the Nids destroyed them. We curently only posses 2 squads of Fire Warriors & my self but soon hope to bring our kroot allies into the fold. Our suits are Red & black.(i probly wont get any pics)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:55 am
eek Lotta Tau players here. You can add me to the list. I also play fantasy, with a lizardmen army. After I'm finished collecting both armies, I'll be on to Daemonhunters and Wood elves. Nobody plays fantasy in my town, though!  

Major Tom

Kamika.Z

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:09 am
Hey, I'm a war-veteran, returning to battle.
I collected for about 10 years, but after I left school, went to college, got a job, bought apartments etc... and became a boring adult, so I decided to regress, because life was so god damn boring.
In he past I've collected:

WH Fantasy:
High Elves *
Skaven **
Empire
Chaos
Dark Elf

WH 40k:
Eldar
Space Wolves
Blood Angels ***
Dark Angels
Imperial Gaurd ****
Chaos
Orks (Goffs)

I was well known for making themed armies:
* High Elf Caledor army, lead by Imrik (older model), with a huge number of models converted to fit the theme.
** Skaven Clan Eshin army, not a huge army, but steal has always been my favourite weapon, so it made sense, lead by DeathMaster Sniktch.
***Blood Angels Death Company army, before it became popular to do, I made a small army, alot of conversions made to avoid using the same chaplain models more than once.
**** Adeptus Arbites army, again a small one, but it looked so awesome!
NOTE: Not all of these armies were strictly legal, so sometimes I had to stretch the rules a bit.

My Largest army was probably Space Wolves, I have completely gone off them, but my army was about 2200 points, still got to love Bjorn the fell handed though.

So, now that I have returned to the world of wargaming, what army shall I choose? Well I'm going to design a new chapter, I'm going to try to write as much background as I can, a few stories, and I will make conversions for characters, these will be based upon Dark Angel characters, because I like thier robes. I'm still just playing with ideas at the moment.
I'll keep everyone posted though.  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games