Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witches Weekly--Updated July 15th, seriously. -- old topic Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Verene

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:04 pm
Nuri
August 06, 2005
Your Knowledge

Do you keep a journal or some other archive to keep track of what you learn, rituals you attend, etc?
Yes, I keep a journal where I write down important new findings as well as more generic learning and discoveries. Also I have file on my computer for sources, links, etc that I do not feel like putting into my journal that I would still like to keep track of.

Nuri
Would you ever want to share all the knowledge you've gained on your path? Or would you prefer to keep it personal, only to those close to you?
Sometime I might like to share the knowledge I have gained. Currently however this path is still new enough that I want to make sure I know what information I can trust and what I can't before I pass it on to others. Also there are somethings that I have learned that I will probably keep private or share with only one or two others, just because I do not feel comfortable sharing with the world at large.

Nuri
How do you plan to pass down what you know to your children?
Assuming I have them one day, I plan on passing down my knowledge by example.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:12 pm
Nuri
August 06, 2005
Your Knowledge

Do you keep a journal or some other archive to keep track of what you learn, rituals you attend, etc?

i have a grimoire for my rituals i personally wrote and thought were worth keeping for future use... and i have a journal that i keep everything in... it's not only my magical side of life, but the mundane and how they interact as well.

Quote:
Would you ever want to share all the knowledge you've gained on your path? Or would you prefer to keep it personal, only to those close to you?

i would always share. i feel that's what knowledge is for. now, i don't go spouting off to random people, but i do discuss the knowledge with friends (and family, if they ask questions). the only things i keep personal are experiences (of the spiritual kind) that i don't feel like sharing with the world... but i'm willing to share them with my closest pagan friends when we have discussions of the like.

Quote:

well, it's hard to know... i'm going to marry a catholic, and he wants to teach them catholicism... but i pointed out that it wasn't fair or balanced that way, because the church doesn't quite feel the same as he does about witches, so mommy would be a bad person... we've discussed it, and we're hoping to find a happy medium where our children won't be growing up in either religion, but learning about both until they can decide at an older age the right path for them... (i know it will be VERY complicated... but i can only cross my fingers and pray it works out)  

maluna

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:47 pm
Nuri
August 06, 2005
Your Knowledge

My children will be inheriting my Travniki, my book of herbs and herbalism as well as my Tsvetnik, which holds whispers (sheptun) along with charms, etc.

I keep track of the information that you can't find in books- Pieces I have composed, information of Slavic Gods (There isn't as much published on them as many others), the differences in the Slavic holidays (names, traditions etc that are different from, say the Wiccan Sabbats).

I also keep family tales as well, to put the information into context. If you had called my Baba a witch, she would have spat on you. But she was one of those women who had "mannerisms" that are unmistakenly heathen (Zaprety, taboos) - and I have those written down as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:16 pm
I have a DoS on my computer(its not online, its in my documents) that I know no onw would bother reading becausse one, it's hidden, and two, my family doesn't believe in Wicca or Witchcraft. In it, I keep all my different meditation techniques that I have used, and I write down what I have learned so far, and the Runes, and my thoughts and ideas on the God/dess. I also worte why I started to pursue Wicca, and I write down things that happen to me in the day that have an association with Wicca or magic. It's a journal basically about my path to Wicca.

I keep it personal mainly because I know I'm going to learn more, but I don't want to pass on what I know now until I learn more, because I've already had to make a sperate part in my DoS for corrections, so I don't want to pass along wrong info, and someone listen to me, and go the wrong way. Also, because this is for me personally, because it's my path, and I think it's special and important for me to keep it to myself. So, I'd keep it personal.

Well, since I'm writing(typing), everything into my DoS, I guess I can put that on a disk, and show it to them, because by the time I have kids(if I do), I'm sure mostly everything would be computerized anyways. So, I would just show them my DoS, but I would also recommend books because I might still be off, so just as a precaution, I'd give them books to go look through, and read.  

Aya Azura

Starlock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:43 pm

Yes, but I can''t say I put everything in it. I do write some decently-lengthed files on topics as I get around to looking at them in more detail, but they are by no means everything I''ve learned.

Would you ever want to share all the knowledge you''ve gained on your path? Or would you prefer to keep it personal, only to those close to you?

Well, considering I''m sharing it over at Celestial Academy of Gaia, the answer would be yes. Perhaps not ALL the knowledge; not sure that''s possible anyway. Just what people show some interest in, or if it lends itself to enriching a discussion topic around here.

I''m not sure if I''ll raise them into my belief system. Aspects of it yes, but how much I''m not sure. I''m still forging my path so it feels to early to say just yet. But I know I shall teach them a far too forgotten fact in this world: all things on this Earth are connected together.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:25 pm
Your Knowledge

I started to a long time ago when I began looking at this Path, but I've fallen out of habit of it. Most of what I've learned is in my head and stays there and gets refreshed every time I use it.

I love to share what I've learned, but finding an appreciable audience is tough. I keep some of it personal, but mostly everything I've learned is open if someone wants to ask.

Well, I do have a journal I can pass on to them, but mostly it will be through my own living example. They're learn from me just like a wolf learns to hunt; from observing and practicing with its parent. My finacee is alright with it, we've talked it out in length, seeing as how he isnt' Pagan, more of a Taoist but not labelling himself as such. *laughs* Anyways, they'll learn from me and then begin to teach themselves. Eventually, I"m sure I'll learn from them.  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:12 am

i keep a journal where i record spiritual experiences and also work out spells before i perform them. i'd be hard pressed to say what i actually LEARNED; everything i "know" about magic feels like i've always known it.

it depends on the audience. if i run across someone just getting started in paganism/Wicca/magic, i try to point them in the direction of good sources, like Cunningham and Gardner and Buckland and so on. otherwise...i don't see why it's necessary to share knowledge with someone who has no interest in it.

what children? xp if i have any, i don't know. other than celebrating the Sabbats, i won't really force the issue. my children will think for themselves and they can take or leave my beliefs/practices as they please.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:35 am

I keep a journal and a folder on my compture full of information I've gathered and stuff I learned well meditating.

If someone wanted to know what I was learning and asked I would share. If they didn't ask then i wouldn't force it on them.

If my children chose this path then I plan on passing on the knowlage. Also my fiance and I come from families where we have no real set christmas holiday, as a result we may be celebrating more Pagan holidays with the kids.  

Aithnea Micheals

Kawaii Kokezaru

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:22 pm

I haven't really started keeping a journal but once I start rituals and actual practice I think I will. 3nodding

I would like to share it with people close to me, those who are truly interested in what I had to say. As I haven't gained much knowledge let alone chosen a path yet. sweatdrop

I think about this day to day. I want to bring up my children under the Pagan system of beliefs and for them to understand the true beauty and evil of this world. I'm not sure how to go about doing it but maybe make sure that subtle things are present in their every day life style.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:26 pm
I keep a journal, which tracks all of my adventures in all of my coinciding realities.
I prefer to share what knowledge people are willing to take from me, what experiences they are willing to listen to. That's half the reason I'm here.
When the time comes, much of raising children will depend on intuition. I will never be shy about explaining to them my religious and spiritual beliefe, but I will be clear that they should discover what resonates best with them on their own. I can support, I can love, and I can instruct about those things I am aware of, but I refuse to force decision.  

psycmoe

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:47 pm
I'm sorry for the lateness of the new Witches Weekly, my internet suffered a meltdown over the past week.

August 31, 2005
Sacred Symbols and Spaces

Are there any symbols or symbology that are significant or special to you? (runes, shapes, symbols created by you) Why is it special to you?

What does your special place of worship look like? (altars, sacred space inside or outside) Can you provide a picture?

How have these symbols and sacred spaces transitioned over time?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:50 pm
I'm a compulsive journal collector. ninja I have a whole system of notebooks that I've been meaning to turn into a "Book of Shadows"-type archive, including records of tarot readings, dreams, rituals, nature, knowledge... I have notes for it, but I haven't gotten around to starting it for real.

I haven't gained much knowledge yet. I don't know if I'll ever have the kind of knowledge or temperament to teach; I would feel arrogant. I think I'll keep it to myself.

I don't plan on having children. I certainly won't have to think about for some time because I'm in college and it's too early for me. Paganism feels right to me now, but it may not later on. You just can't know. 3nodding  

TheDisreputableDog

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:29 pm
Quote:
Are there any symbols or symbology that are significant or special to you? (runes, shapes, symbols created by you) Why is it special to you?

I love Znaki. I have a set made out of the extra wood I had left after I made my books. I also like the Elder Futhark and I have a small collection of patrins that are very special to me. A compas rose holds a special place in my heart as well- so that I always have something to guide me on my path. I've made different glyphs that hold a lot of meaning to me. There's just so many, I'd end up copying a whole book to explain them all.

Quote:
What does your special place of worship look like? (altars, sacred space inside or outside) Can you provide a picture?

Hmmm... My living room, my kitchen. There's a cozy place in a park where I got married that means a lot to me. There's my bathroom... Heh... I'm sure once I buy my house, I'll have a special place on the land- but until then, I just don't have a "special place" for "worship" (not that I worship anything anyway)

Quote:

Well, I expect that once I do have some land, I will have a special place upon it that I will claim as mine. But all in all, I've always worked wherever I needed to.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:33 pm
Nuri
I'm sorry for the lateness of the new Witches Weekly, my internet suffered a meltdown over the past week.

August 31, 2005
Sacred Symbols and Spaces

Since my significant other has given it to me, the triquetra surrounded by the Celtic sun star has been special to me. A first, it just represented our bond, but eventually, I incorporated it into my energy workings as type of "battery" usd to hold my drawn energy.

Quote:

There is no way I can have an altar in my tiny room without little children getting their hands on my tools, so I keep everything i will need in a safe place until I need them.

Quote:

Kind of answered that one unintentionally didn't I....  

Harrah

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:23 pm
Great, I answer and then you change 'em on me. razz

I don't think so. Not yet anyway. Although, now that I think about it, I am partial to the yin yang, because I am bigendered. That's all I can think of right now.

I have an altar at home. I made it, without consulting a book for "acceptable substitutes," from things that had meaning for me. I spread a table in my bedroom with a beautiful blue scarf I got in Italy. I have an Italian clay whistle made in the shape of a tree, which I have in the center of the cloth, sort of as a "world tree." Then I have small metal Viking figurines from France that I placed at the four cardinal directions. I created a circle between the figurines and around the tree out of swirly purple marbles that I've had since I was very young. Inside the circle, on the left (sort of south-west) I have a tealight floating in a shell that I collected myself years ago; on the right (north-east) I have a very long feather that I found inside a stone vase which my mother brought me from Acadia National Park. Outside the circle, at the north I have a pair of small carved wooden trees that were a gift from my parents when we lived in Switzerland many years ago; at the east I have a small fan from my sixth birthday; at the south I have a small model of a lantern that was also a gift from my parents and an obsidian arrowhead that I have had for many years; at the west is a clump of mollusc shells that my father found for me on a beach. I'm still looking for the right representations of the God and Goddess, and they will go inside the marble circle.
Now the only issue with this is, I've never really used it for worship. sweatdrop I still feel kind of tenative approaching the divine in such a formal manner. Services in the Unitarian church are more like intellectual discussions than worship sessions. So for now, my altar is my sacred space in theory, but I think my bed would be my sacred space in actuality.

My altar used to be a lot more complicated. It was very muddled and didn't have a clear purpose; I just kind of stuck things on it that I thought were cool or that held a bizarre meaning that even I wasn't too sure on. I packed it away after awhile and let the table lie fallow, if you will, and I reset it last month. I think the new design fits me much better and it's so much less cluttered. Interestingly I also have a clearer idea of what I'm looking for in a path now; then, I was merely absorbing knowledge without really understanding its significance or caring where it came from. I was sort of a wannabe fluffbunny (sooo sad. xp ).  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff