Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Doctor Who/Torchwood Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite Doctor?
  Patrick Troughton
  John Pertwee
  Tom Baker
  Peter Davidson
  Colin Baker
  Sylvester Mcoy
  Christopher Eccleston
  David Tennant
View Results

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:18 pm
Angra-Mainyu
Foetus In Fetu
And please, don't rekindle my interest in physics; I don't want to change my A-levels all over again. I would fail physics so badly with a year-long break between AS and A2, but I'm such an impressionable young lady.

XD I get so few opportunities to mention it. <_< Don't you think the system should be more like the IB and have less subjects at Key Stage 4 level i.e. GCSE and thus more at the A-level; I would have killed to have had the option to take, say, philosophy in addition to the usual maths, chem., phys., for mathematical sciecne

You're making me sad about giving it up too.
So say, you could take 8 subjects at about GCSE, then 5 subjects one year (at the level needed for university entry) and 4 the last year (some at 1st yr uni level, some at the level of the year before to broaden your subjects)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:23 pm
ice_illusion
Angra-Mainyu
Foetus In Fetu
And please, don't rekindle my interest in physics; I don't want to change my A-levels all over again. I would fail physics so badly with a year-long break between AS and A2, but I'm such an impressionable young lady.

XD I get so few opportunities to mention it. <_< Don't you think the system should be more like the IB and have less subjects at Key Stage 4 level i.e. GCSE and thus more at the A-level; I would have killed to have had the option to take, say, philosophy in addition to the usual maths, chem., phys., for mathematical sciecne

So say, you could take 8 subjects at about GCSE, then 5 subjects one year (at the level needed for university entry) and 4 the last year (some at 1st yr uni level, some at the level of the year before to broaden your subjects)

You're making me feel all warm and fuzzy about not giving it up mrgreen
Umm...a lot of people do that anyway...  

Boolean Julian
Crew

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:55 am
ice_illusion

SG's, Highers, Advanced Highers?

I just like the fact they're called Advanced Highers, it sounds impressive...whereas my 6th year was mostly filled with sitting on my arse in the common room, putting weights onto single strands of hair and measuring a hill where there had been a landslide by climbing up it.

Oh, and a few paintings here and there. Damn, I had a good year. xd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:38 am
Angra-Mainyu
Foetus In Fetu

Agreement.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:33 pm
ficklefiend
ice_illusion

SG's, Highers, Advanced Highers?

I just like the fact they're called Advanced Highers, it sounds impressive...whereas my 6th year was mostly filled with sitting on my arse in the common room, putting weights onto single strands of hair and measuring a hill where there had been a landslide by climbing up it.

Oh, and a few paintings here and there. Damn, I had a good year. xd

Maybe.

We don't have a commen room. xp Apparently the school is trying to ct down on our free time so we're working even more than before. I'm not impressed by the idea.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:39 am
Quote:

Maybe.

We don't have a commen room. icon_xp.gif Apparently the school is trying to ct down on our free time so we're working even more than before. I'm not impressed by the idea.

They've now given us the space in the technology block called the Project area, which is fairly crap, to put it politly>.<  

Emmanuela

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:40 pm
Emmanuela
Quote:

Maybe.

We don't have a commen room. icon_xp.gif Apparently the school is trying to ct down on our free time so we're working even more than before. I'm not impressed by the idea.

They've now given us the space in the technology block called the Project area, which is fairly crap, to put it politly>.<

At least it's a space.
My first (half) free period was spent in silence doing homework in the libary today. xp

And back on topic, I've forgotten what time Dr Who is on. It's tomorrow right?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:17 pm
Quote:
ice_illusion

Emmanuela Wrote:
Quote:

Maybe.

At least it's a space.
My first (half) free period was spent in silence doing homework in the libary today. icon_xp.gif

Ouch, sounds quite painful, even if I do partially live in the library (I was doing my prefect duty of going round telling off all the first years for looking at inapproriet material on the computers, it's great fun, though not when they start talking back to you)

Yep, 7:00pm! I can't wait to watch it! I've been wanting to know what happens all week! *is very excited at prospect of watching David Tennant again*  

Emmanuela

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:33 pm
Emmanuela
Quote:
ice_illusion

Emmanuela Wrote:
Quote:

Maybe.

At least it's a space.
My first (half) free period was spent in silence doing homework in the libary today. icon_xp.gif

Ouch, sounds quite painful, even if I do partially live in the library (I was doing my prefect duty of going round telling off all the first years for looking at inapproriet material on the computers, it's great fun, though not when they start talking back to you)

Yep, 7:00pm! I can't wait to watch it! I've been wanting to know what happens all week! *is very excited at prospect of watching David Tennant again*

We're off duties at the moment. No head girls/boys to make up the rota or tell us to do duty. biggrin And theres only about a thrid of the prefects left.

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:43 am
Quote:
ice_illusion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:33 pm
Emmanuela Wrote:
Quote:
ice_illusion

Emmanuela Wrote:
Quote:

Maybe.

At least it's a space.

We're off duties at the moment. No head girls/boys to make up the rota or tell us to do duty. icon_biggrin.gif And theres only about a thrid of the prefects left.

Thanks.

It's ok!

We're just about to elect a head boy and girl, I think I might apply! I actually quite like my prefect duty, mainly as it means sitting in the library (which is nice and cool, excellent for the moment) for about fourty-five minutes on a thursday and friday, telling little children off... Great fun!  

Emmanuela

Angra-Mainyu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:13 pm
The Devil was nicely done.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:10 pm
The Doctor irritated me a lot during that episode.  

and_solo_said

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:11 pm
Emmanuela

It's ok!

We're just about to elect a head boy and girl, I think I might apply! I actually quite like my prefect duty, mainly as it means sitting in the library (which is nice and cool, excellent for the moment) for about fourty-five minutes on a thursday and friday, telling little children off... Great fun!

My duty involves trying to keep the little children outof the school during lunch and break OR fighting the little children in the cafe during lunch and break.

I agree that the devil was nicely done. It gets messed up too often. I'm not sure what they can really do after the devil though. Once you've defeated him there isn't really much else you can do.
And how come he was helping touchwood this time?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:16 pm
ice_illusion
Emmanuela

It's ok!

My duty involves trying to keep the little children outof the school during lunch and break OR fighting the little children in the cafe during lunch and break.

I agree that the devil was nicely done. It gets messed up too often. I'm not sure what they can really do after the devil though. Once you've defeated him there isn't really much else you can do.

There's always Chuck Norris.

Although admittedly even the Doctor could never even begin to take him on.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:59 am
Well..don't they have Peter Kay next episode?

I did see some of this two parter but I didn't actually get to watch any of it properly. I saw the second half from behind a bar with no sound.

The devil looked cool.

I am getting this series boxset for christmas. mrgreen  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games