Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Events ]:
:[Vday 2021]: A Winter's Venus Day Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. He grinned at her again. "I'm not sure which is easier, but I'm pretty sure that snowboarding shouldn't be much harder." Probably. He really had no idea, but Tomalon had made it look easy when he tried it out. Until he crashed into the snowbank that is.

He waved his hand at her. "I assure you, nothing would be more pleasant than being in the company of a beautiful pae such as yourself." She really was quite beautiful, and he would much rather be hanging around with her than with the cherubs. He found them to be a bit creepy.

"If you would like, we can walk to the shop together so that you can rent your equipment and then we can take the slopes at our own pace."
Wolfs Heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He gave her a grin. "Sounds like a plan then." Though he wanted to fit some more intimate time in there, he was sure that they could do it." He said lifting her hand up and giving it a kiss before turning back to the reception. He wasn't sure but he could have sworn that the cherub glared at him. He wouldn't be surprised if they had heard about his work, though for a moment he wondered if it made him more or less of a target. Probably more. They would love to be targeting him for some pranks. Hanna had warned him that trick arrows may have been a problem.

He was given the keys though and he nodded to the bodyguards to start moving their belongings to their room. He looked back to his wife and smiled. "Shall we?"
MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:46 pm
User ImageArc giggled a bit. "Beginners lessons would probably be a good idea for both of us," he said. He thought about Lyn's question, wondering what sounded good to him. "I think we should get our rooms first, and see what all is available. But snowboarding sounds like fun!" He'd probably fall flat on his a** more than once, but maybe he could use his wings to help him balance? Or maybe he'd get those wing sweaters and it would overbalance him backwards.... Oh, dear. Maybe snowboarding wasn't a good idea. Still, if that's what Lyn wanted to do, he would give it a shot at least. He turned to see the loud and seemingly crazy Pae that Lyn had noticed and laughed. "Yeah, let's stay away from crazy this year."
Fea Line

User ImageNoelani arched a brow as Vash slid his arm behind her on the seat. So presumptuous. She didn't hate it, though. "You like to spread love and peace, hm? Sounds like it could be a lot of work," she said and smirked. "I also live in the city, helping my father in his bakery." Haukea still wasn't quite sure how to deal with his daughter, but he was grateful for her help and Pae seemed to enjoy the fruit tarts she favored making.
Shicala
You're good~ I'm slow myself today xD

User ImageUser ImageKai blinked and turned to face Hibiscus when she sneezed. "Bless you. Are you coming down with something?" he asked and snugged her closer to his side. "Allow me to keep you a bit warmer until we get there." He gave her a crooked grin as she mentioned hot tubs. Wet feathers would be worth it if it got him closer to this lovely harpy. "Oh, a bit of all three, I suppose. I attended last year and had...quite a ball," he said and chuckled. "How about yourself?"

Zhong was looking around the table at the ladies who had the same idea when a small feline wearing a mask came up to him and offered him a cupcake, speaking in a tongue the harpy didn't understand. "Um, thanks, little dude," he said and nodded to the little creature before popping the cupcake in his mouth. Huh. Tasted pretty good. A flutter of feathers to one side of him alerted him to the presence of another harpy. A masked harpy. What was it with masks here? Was he supposed to have brought one? "Well, hello. Are you volunteering to be the beautiful woman on my arm?" he asked, slipping his free arm through hers. "I think a drink would be wonderful. Any suggestions on where to start?" She didn't quite have the assets of the first female he'd met tonight but she did have incredible plumage.

Zhong turned a bit when he realized the little cat dude who gave him that cupcake had been scooped up into the arms of a pink and blue harpy female. There were so many gorgeous ladies here this year. No way was he gonna get bored. "Hi there beautiful. Care to join us?" He hoped the masked harpy didn't object. Maybe they could all have fun together...

Menelie
Zhong For Zhixuan!
DaemonGabrielle
Kai For Hibiscus!
Daisicle
Zhong for Maika'i!

User ImageEa gave a pleased gasp and clapped her hands. "Oh, sledding does sound fun! I hadn't even thought of that." She wondered if they made those cute little hats to go around her horn or if she would had to....adjust one herself. "So what brought you to the event? Is it your first time?" she asked, curious about her new companion.
MiddyGlow

(Adelphos and Yukiko are also about if anyone wants to play with them heart )  

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"She didn't!" Kiya exclaimed in faux disbelief, aiming a look at her older half-sister. She and Ayah had been comparing notes, so to speak, for a majority of the trip across the Isle to this Venus' Day thing. She had never had any idea of how much they had in common. "Let me guess...plenty of afternoons spent at Gran'mama Takeko's being fed fruit scones and dried venison jerky from G'pa Kane before feeling so full she sent you waddling back home that evening?" The harpy let out a burst of laughter at the memories, feeling stress lift from her shoulders. Who knew she had needed this trip so much...and they'd only just left!

The girls had heard of the party from their mother, and she and Pyrah had only heard bits and pieces of the story regarding their father. At first, Kiya had been intrigued to find out what it was their mother was keeping secret. However, after tireless grilling for answers, she was more convinced that the gaps in her mother's story may have come more from gaps in her memory rather than purposeful omission. Well, from the stories she had gathered, and from their own appearance, they were likely looking for a man with a blue complexion, dark hair, likely black, and there was something Nyra had mentioned a few times about....grapes?

Well, they'd figure it out. And if they didn't, well...this was supposed to be a hell of a party. The jungle was nice and all, but young birds craved adventure. Kiya secretly hoped that perhaps she could come back with a story as impressive as her mother's about fighting giant worm snakes in a ferocious battle!

As it were, instead of warrior's gear, she was nearing the transport gondolas with her sisters sporting a collection of scarves and knit sweaters, even some fur-lined leg warmers. Because Guardians forbid they be allowed to venture into the mountains from Kekomura without Gran'mama Takeko bundling them all up first. Nyra had simply waved them off to do what they wanted, muttering something about 'no more chicks this year' before she had headed back into the jungle. Whatever that meant.

Grinning with excitement first at her sister, Pyrah, then Ayah, Kiya looked back up at the gondolas ascending the mountain and shivered, but not from the cold. This was going to be the best!

Antida
For Ayah

Fea Line
And for Pyrah! Blue bird sisters, go!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:03 pm

"Mmmm, Gpa's jerky..." Pyrah said as she licked a clawed finger and grinned. Man those were the days, waddling around, stuff her face. Even if she was the one Nyrah had kept and favored she still got her fair share of being spoiled by Gran'mama Takeko and G'pa Kane. Maybe not as much as Kiya had but what she did get was still always a welcome treat. "I could go for a piece of that right now, aah..." she sighed wistfully, tugging the furs closer around her neck before she glanced up at what Kiya and Ayah had been looking at.

"Oh man this is going to be great." she grinned, wiggling her talons beneath her own fluffy leg warmers. She thought back to the time she spent with their mother, being the one kept in the nest. She had heard so much about the story of defeating giant worms, how Nyrah got her scars. It was all so exciting and Pyrah had hoped she'd get to earn some scars herself this trip... but looking around at all the snow, she was beginning to question that. Not that they had come to fight snakes mind anyone, but to find their father. Or well her and Kiya's father. As if to mimic her thoughts, she glanced at her sister momentarily. "So...blue, fuzzy black hair.....grapes?" she repeated the mental check list she had made. Wasn't he also supposed to be like, a god of tears or something?

That didn't sound at all like their mother and she had to huff a bit. Why would someone like Nyrah get mixed up with someone like that? Would they find more answers when they actually found the dude? Maybe mom was just so tough that she made him cry wimpy man tears of wimpness.

Yeah that so had to be it.

Teigra

Antidia

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:06 pm
User Image

So much noise and movement and activity on the mountain! Peering over the edge of a snowbank, the silvery wolf blended into the scenery and would have only been able to be seen by Pae with the sharpest eyes. While the presence of so many Pae'il invading the area had disturbed some of the local wildlife, the little wolf was intrigued more so than concerned. What was going on? Why were there so many here? So many smells and sights assaulted his senses that he felt he might overload.

How exciting!

He had been taking his time, slowly circling and moving closer while making observations to figure out how this all worked and what was happening. The big box things were taking Pae'il up the mountain to where....he assumed....more exciting things were happening. He started at the sharp whimper-whine of a wolf, a real wolf, not a Pae one. What the--?!? He only caught a glimpse of the beast fleeing panicked into the forest.

Perhaps there was some cause for concern here.

He would have to proceed carefully.

As it were, none of the Pae'il or the little flying things that were directing the Pae'il really gave him a second glance. He supposed there were plenty of types of Pae around here, many of them far more eye-catching than he. There was no further incident in his arrival at the landing point before the lodge. Oh by the starry heavens, maybe this was a bit too much.

Feeling antsy by all the sights and sounds, he withdrew from all the light and noise back towards the quiet of the surrounding forest. Just a moment to catch his breath, that's all he needed. Just a moment alone to gather himself.

But he wasn't quite alone.

DaemonGabrielle
For Pu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:40 pm
((Continued from earlier))

Satisfied with her handiwork so far, Euphrosyne moved onto the pursuit of other mortals. She wanted to bless an obvious couple, to make the holiday even sweeter and lovelier for them. She roved all over: in the lodge, near the gondolas, toward the hot springs and out even to the slopes. She selected a pair of pairs, for good luck, and shot all four of them. The she nipped off for a mug of warm mulled wine--her own creation.

Elros Namasi
Selich has been hit by Euphrosyne's mirth arrow! He is now very happy!

SSBrosB
Hanna has been hit by Euphrosyne's mirth arrow! She is now very happy!

Strawberri Stardust
Arc-en-Roche has been hit by Euphrosyne's mirth arrow! He is now very happy!

Fea Line
Lyneeson has been hit by Euphrosyne's mirth arrow! He is now very happy!

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:57 pm
"Hella smooth," agreed Menahem as he continued to follow his friend. Even if he were interested in "chasing tail", the tail he was interested seemed to be....not here. It seemed as if there were ladies as far as the eye could see, but most of the men he'd seen had appeared to either be in an obvious couple, or not someone he'd pursue. The fancy-looking male harpies were certainly attractive, but they already had a lot of attention. Menahem had thought he'd caught a glimpse of another faun guy, with like, apples? growing from his antlers...but he hadn't seen him since, though he had certainly been looking.

Tirzah had successfully located fur-lined boots that would accommodate her hooves by asking one of the little fairies who seemed to be running things. She was sitting on a bench near the entrance to the shop, lacing them up, when she heard mention of a tree. Her ears perked up and she looked up to see a pair of Faun entering the little shop. They must be talking about the Great Tree! She'd only ever heard stories of it!

She didn't want to interrupt the pair while they were shopping, so she sat cross-legged on the bench in her new boots, deciding to wait until they left to approach them. Tirzah wanted to hear all about the Tree! She did follow them with her eyes, though; she'd be so sorry if they slipped out a side door or something.

Menahem hadn't actually been all that cold outside, but he wanted to be a good sport, and try to have a good time. Rho had gone to all the trouble to plan this for them, bless him, and he wanted to be happy. For him.

So Mena straightened up, put on a smile, decided to be in a good mood, dammit, and he picked out a blue-and-green scarf with a checked pattern and wrapped it around his neck tidily. "What d'you think, bro?" he asked, making an inviting gesture and goofy grin.

He did feel eyes on him, though, and when he looked around he caught sight of a fauness who was definitely watching them. Even if he wasn't having a great time, he could still wingman with the best. With a little smile, he turned around and elbowed Rho gently. "Hey, bro, don't look now, but there's a sweet little lady making eyes at you near the door."

Daisicle
Menahem & Tirzah > Rhoea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:09 pm
Kadri's smile returned when the girl introduced herself. "A lovely name for a lovely lady," he asserted. He was tempted to take her hand and kiss it, but decided that would be just...too much. "Nice to meet you both as well," he added, turning to Rhyol and Skylie. "I haven't met many others my own age, besides my brother obviously." And honestly? ******** that guy. He ditched me!

"Did you all travel far to get here?" he asked, leaning with one elbow on the edge of the waterway.

Dream WhiteWitz
Kadri > Laoise (arrow: flattery)

Wolfs Heart
Kadri > Rhyol

Shicala
Kadri > Skylie

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:18 pm
Zuleika gratefully accepted Kore's hug and started to laugh when the other girl asked who she was. Honestly, with her and Za being identical, this happened a lot. She started to make a don't-worry-about-it hand gesture and to say her name, when Kore started her guessing game. Zu waited with an expectant expression until she got it, then she cheered and clapped.

"Well done! I know it's hard to tell me and Aliza apart, especially since we don't see each other very often!" she chirped. She lowered her voice to an almost conspiratorial tone. "The difference is that Za almost never comes to these things. I think it's like, too many people for her? So if you see one of us here, it's probably me."

shadica
Zuleika > Shansa

Fea Line
Zuleika > Kore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:28 pm
User Image

Adelphos wasn't sure about this. He had always been present at his grandmother's events, of course. Ruby was about somewhere, too. He even had arrows from his father that could make Pae fall in love. This was supposed to be a festival of love, was it not? And yet, his father didn't usually partake in shooting his arrows willy nilly, so Adelphos didn't either.

That didn't mean he wasn't curious about what would happen if he did. He also wasn't sure how his mother would feel about him shooting off arrows just for the hell of it. His parents were his role models, and the ones that taught him right from wrong. And yet... Getting shot with an arrow was how he'd met his wife, Ruby and he adored her to the ends of Telrunya and back. He loved her and their family, even if their kids had gotten into trouble at Venus's parties themselves. How could he blame them for wanting what he and Ruby had found?

Such a dilemma. He nocked an arrow to his bow and took aim into the crowd. Maybe just one....

A cleared throat from behind him cause him to let the arrow loose before he was sure he even wanted to do. "M-Mother!" he said and put his bow behind his back almost guiltily. "Are you enjoying the party so far?" he asked and smiled.

User Image

Yukiko arched her brow at her beloved son. Adelphos had never taken to shooting arrows at Venus's parties before, but she supposed she couldn't fault him for wanting to know what it was like. When he turned, hiding his bow behind his back like he was a guilty child hiding something he knew he shouldn't be playing with she couldn't help but laugh. "You look just like a little boy like that," she told him between giggles. Of course, he would always be her little boy, no matter the fact that he was married with children (and grandchildren!) himself. Goodness, that reminded her that she was a great-grandmother now. Well, she always had wanted a large family. Ruby and Adelphos and their children had given her that. Not to mention her husband Anteros and all his siblings as well.

"I've never seen you shooting your father's arrows before. Wanted to see what it was like?" she asked him. He nodded sheepishly and relaxed. "I suppose one won't do too much damage," she said and sighed. And if needed, Anteros could help clean up any messes as he usually did with his siblings.

As for his other question... "It's alright. At least it's in the mountains this year." Venus usually had the parties somewhere warm, and the newest goddess wondered what had made her choose the Aura Nin mountains this year. Still, she was much more comfortable here where it was colder.

Elros Namasi
Quetzal has been hit with one of Anteros' arrows, courtesy of his son, Adelphos! Quetzal will now fall in love with the next Pae he sees.

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:29 pm
Kelebek gratefully squeezed Hjortur's hand and walked with him--she got more clever on these feet every time they did this--toward the spa. Once they arrived, she spoke with one of the cherubs and explained about her hair. She agreed to some kind of hair treatment that promised to make it soft and silky. This was never a problem underwater, where her hair always flowed gently with the currents, but it always wound up being dried out and stringy up here.

She couldn't quite tell what Hjortur had planned, but he had a look and a vibe about him, that she knew meant he was up to something. But by now she trusted it'd work out in her favor, so she planned to do what she loved to do with her husband--let him take her where he pleased.

Daisicle
Kel > Hjortur, who are threatening to have a shenanigans-free time??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:48 pm
Zhixuan chuckled duskily. "Of course--oh!" she was surprised to be offered a dark cake. "Thanks, I guess?" Those strange felines never made sense to her. She cleared her throat, ready to make a new sexy quip for him, when she saw the dawn enter the room.

"Oh no," she breathed. Zhixuan's senses threatened to be overwhelmed by the male on her arm, and the one who'd just walked into the room. The one. The one she'd come here for. And here she was, enthralled by this purple god. She looked longingly at Feng Zhi, willing him to see her, to notice her, to snatch her away for his own. No one but her had approached him yet, but she knew it was only a matter of time. She didn't have long. As if from far away, she heard a question directed at her: Any suggestions on where to start?

Zhixuan next did something uncharacteristic for her kind: she gave up her position with a male, in hopes of a bigger payoff. She slipped her arm out of his, then gestured to the other female with a bit of a wink. "I'd start with her. I'm so sorry, but I've got to go." And she zipped away, though she felt pulled back toward him like a magnet. Zhixuan focused her eyes on Zhi as she strode toward him, rehearsing her words so she wouldn't screw this up.

She touched Zhi's shoulder as she approached him from the side, offering a coy smile. "I know the last time we met, our time together was short, but I hope I made an impression. Zhixuan," she said, offering her arm.

Daisicle
Zhixuan > Maika'i

Strawberri Stardust
Zhixuan > Feng Zhong (sorry she caught the feels lmao)

Dream WhiteWitz
Zhixuan > Rosamin

Antidia
Zhixuan > Feng Zhi

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

shadica

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:08 pm
The young grace giggled happily as Kore pulled her into a hug. "I have missed you too! Oh I made you this~! " She said as she pulled away from the hug and fished around in the one of her jacket's pockets.

Finding the item she pulled out a small bracelet she had knitted and handed it to Kore.

Gosh there was a lot of people all of a sudden. Two faun had just joined them as well as Zuleika. Huh so more half-siblings. Shansa wasn't surprised at this point. Well her family was big so she was used to it. She was glad that Kore didn't seem to be getting overwhelmed with the amount of people crowding her.

Wait did her father really name those two fauns after himself?

"Ah hello" She said greeting the two faun, perhaps she should have answered him earlier but she had been a bit too excited to give Kore the bracelet haha. Kore was right, the faun twins had very pretty hair.

"I am Shansa, daughter of Venus and Adonis, Pleasure to meet you."

Shansa smiled and nodded at Zuleika when she showed up. "How are you?"

Fea Line
Uh colors can be up to you? I dunno what colors she likes and if she would have told shansa haha otherwise probably similar shades to Kore herself?

Twitchapher the 3rd

Menelie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Gywn continued to zoom around oblivious to the fact that concerned onlookers where trying to figure out if harpies where water friendly. As far as she knew, most where not water-friendly. More water and fish for her!

She was most certainly breaking swimming-speed laws if things existed. Perhaps she should have stopped to apologize after she sent a poor mermaid spinning.

However what did manage to catch her attention was a small cat sticking its paw in the water as if trying to call her out.

With a graceful leap the penguin-harpy jumped out of the water and slid though the snow on her stomach.

Oh the kitty had a fish cake for her! "Thanks!" She quickly gobbled up the cake.

Now that she was out of the water she noticed that there where in fact other harpies out and about. More importantly, the small cat was handing out cakes to some very not water friendly males.

Being on fire all the time must be a sad sad fate. Wandering over to the males she tilled her head at them "So like what happens when you get wet?" Could they swim? Do they die if the fire goes out?

Menelie
Strawberri Stardust
Dream WhiteWitz
Antidia

Gywn has joined the harpy hoard.  

shadica

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."...and scrawny" Ayah added to Pyrah's checklist. Their dad is most definitely not mom's type at all. AT ALL. It was a wonder it even happened because Ayah thought it all just a game anyway. She was floored when she came in one day to find two more eggs. Yeah, that had been the worst.day.ever.

She was still alive, so at least that meant mom didn't know it was her doing.

Going up the mountain was exciting and just the adventure she was looking for. Away from the family-filled jungle and alone with just her little sisters. She felt responsible for them, so naturally had to come along if they were going to find their dad. Maybe, hopefully, he'll be hiding just like those scrawny boys promised the last time she was at a Venus Day party.

"I can't wait to figure out what skiing is."

Fea Line

Teigra

:[ Events ]:

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games