Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[Void] An End, To All Things Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:12 am
Leila

"Care to explain how?" the redhead asked in a clipped, but friendly tone.

Micillia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:27 am
"Might not be a thing we can stun with a good kick," she said to Leila, giving a look to Shun too. Forever was huge. All seeing was huge. "I'm all fer it f'you guys wanna give it a go."

She cracked her knuckles and stepped away from the door. She trusted Shun and Leila more than her own judgment at the moment. She marked a similar ready stance next to Shun, but she had no weapons of her own to brandish. Instead, she'd be ready to heal them. She hoped it would work like it did at the ball; giving parts of herself was easy, but convincing magic to work was not.

"Oy," she said to Shun more quietly. "F'this turns into a fight stick t'me like a shadow, alright?"

cibarium
trusting The Mom

blade kuroda

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:19 pm
America Jones

The idea of roots in a knot leaves America feeling pensive. That's not how things grow, she wants to argue. That's how things die because nothing new can enter that system. But do they need doubt cast on what they're doing with this? No matter what, she's sure it'll work for at least awhile. They'll make it work and maybe it's even the best choice, maybe she's going too far in thinking of the symbol as a living thing. And maybe she isn't.

The commotion at the door means the time to argue and possibly undermine certainty with her own doubts is over. They've all gotta believe it'll work, best as they can.

With a sharp nod, America quickly agrees to what the majority feels is the best path. "We'll make it work with knotted roots, then."

Closing her eyes, she tried to focus her will and thoughts on meaning, magic at the ready for when the moment came.

"Growing from innocence, creation, and wisdom, find the paths to freedom."

firm vote tally

Tree with Keys in the branches, a knot as the roots.
- Jamie
- Rabbit
- Preacher
- Zac
- Shun
- Vero
- America
- Chel

Tree with Keys in the branches, attached by trinity knots.
- America
- Chel (will vote with America's choice)

Tree with Keys in the branches, attached by trinity knots, another knot in the roots.
- Eve
- Leila

chxiickadee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:42 pm
Eve

Eve rolls over to gently hold America's hand and offer a reassuring smile.

lizbot

cibarium
Crew

Noob

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:02 pm
"...Can we not play with the door and work on the symbol?" Zac asked anxiously.

He flipped through the book to check on 'how to cast' - hoping it was there. All he knew so far was that they needed blood, and couldn't use the old symbols... well that and they had to maybe eventually actually draw something.

shibrogane
seeing if there is any information on 'how to' for casting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:27 pm
"Symbol will not mean s**t if whatever is out there wants in with the intent on interrupting us."

Shun watched Chel step aside, then waited for Preacher to do the same. He did glance back to Leila with her suggestion of trying to stun whatever was out there.

"Could work. Hard to say for certain, though."

Cibarium
endejester
The semblance of unity

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:36 pm
Eve

After a nod exchanged with her wife, Eve added, "Having our thoughts align as much as possible on this is too important, so we're rescinding our vote in favor of the majority. The spirit behind our idea will be there anyhow."

Leila

"Look, someone make a nice long second of eye contact with me and I might get a glimpse of a good decision to make about the door. I'm still psychic over here. Or... maybe Friend could sneak under the cracks and report what's there."

shibrogane
friend request o:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:57 pm
Temperance Clark

"Was... was the majority for the knot in the roots and keys on branches? I'm sorry, it's a little hard to follow absolutely everyone..." She looked at Leila and then walked over.

"If you need my eyes, feel free."

cibarium
just in case

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:19 pm
There are, in fact, instructions on how to cast the symbol. They're a bit muddled: this notebook was more of a logbook to the original however-many-maybe-three, and it shows the many conceptual iterations of their process. The final few pages of the notebook seem like they'll be the most helpful...

Casting

1. Paints
2. Knife
3. Principals

Quote:
Earlier pages indicate that the paints don't have to be special, and probably shouldn't be for fear of interfering with the intention of the casting--however, in this liminal space if your characters decide casting using a different material than the provided Sharpie it will be provided.

Quote:
The knife has been provided, and is in the care of Temperance.

Quote:
The 'Principals' are not, in fact, soloists in a ballet company. It seems to be a reference to Michael, Adoelle, and Heliodora. Earlier notes agree that the more differences between the three principals, the better, but at least three major differences must exist.

It is also theorized that having multiple people cast, each as if they were a principal, would strengthen the sigil. In the end, according to the cast date (November 18, 2017) the original sigil was cast by Heliodora, Michael, and Adoelle, with no assistance.

The three principals must provide the most power to the sigil, and their intentions are the ones that will most likely give the most guidance. According to the book, some changing of the symbol to reflect their intent might be inevitable. They provide their power to the sigil by marking the drawn symbol with blood--where exactly doesn't seem to matter, as it's not noted--and 'pouring' (the exact word used) their magic into the blood and ink.

(Didn't the group in the 1920s have some knowledge of blood magic and what strengthens it?...)

The three principals must concentrate on their goal, their 'thesis statement'. Theoretically it should take little to no time to cast...

There are three pages of notes on location. However, the group attempting the new sigil doesn't have the luxury of choosing where they want to cast... or do they?...

(When the bar was in danger, Sibyl asked Liam to get the key from under the bar. Inside that box was a throbbing stone the size of two fists... Perhaps it could be useful?)

In the earlier pages, the fourth principal is discussed. The whole shebang is designed so they don't have to be there upon casting: Renard made it clear at the ball that he would not have ever consented to being caged, and so asking him to help them would have been counterintuitive. However, having something to represent their target might help.

(It appears they used flesh and blood of someone as similar to their target as possible: Heliodora's amputated foot might suddenly make more sense.)

(The sixties sure had an abundance of magical people... several of whom walked into the rift. It's an option: you could probably cast it using someone in the void already. But intent drives magic: if you really WANT someone who fell/jumped into the rift, it seems likely you could have them...

Except memorymiah. He is still portalling, probably.)

Quote:
All players who wish their character to be considered for the role of principal caster a la Michael, Adoelle, and Heliodora must write a 350 word solo of their part in casting the sigil. You must also state at the top of your post what the name of the character is and that they're up for being principals. The three principal casters will be selected by the magic, where the magic here means Shibe and Silv.

Principal casters will be affected by the sigil differently than all other characters. DO NOT put your character's name into consideration if you are not willing to accept that 1.) your character's power set may change, 2.) certain minor physical characteristics may change or appear (a la Heliodora's ice), and 3.) more GM botheration than your body has room for, mostly in the form of requests for meta RPs.

If your character's power set changes, their new power set will feature the same number of powers in the same types (so a stealth power will still be a stealth power, it will just change purpose).

Quote:
Players who do not wish their characters to be considered for principal casting positions must write at least 100 words of their casting/thoughts thereof anyway. Your character doesn't have to participate in the casting at all.

When casting, be clear about who your character is thinking of as the fourth principal. Quoting me with specifically what YOUR CHARACTER'S mission statement is and who they're focusing on is a plus! Sunny and Renard have been put forth as possibilities.

Quote:
Please feel free to quote me with any nominations for principal caster when you make your casting post: however keep in mind due to the nature of the role player consent is paramount.

Quote:
The design will be finalized tonight at 6pm PST. However, you may begin writing and posting your character casting whenever you're ready. CROSS POST YOUR CASTING TO YOUR CHARACTER'S RECORD.

quite uneventful
Veronica has the sharpie and therefore must pass it off or draw the sigil in order for it to be bled on and cast

The Semblance of Unity
Temperance has the knife and therefore must pass it off in order for the bleeding on to happen

endejester
Zac has the book

chimarii
CONSEQUENCE: All-Seeing's presence in/with Chel will have a negative effect on her casting.

saedusk
Jamie has GLOWING PURPLE ROCK. To use it, he must feed his intent into it.

cibarium
FRIEND LOUDLY AND EMPHATICALLY WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW THEY ARE NOT DOING THAT. IT IS THERE. THE BIG COLD. THE ROCK UPON WHICH TIME BREAKS LIKE WAVES.

The "big cold" could possibly mean winter. It has expressed an unwillingness to go outside in the cold, anyway. BUT PROBABLY NOT

Quote:
To make this easier (and also make my graphics-work life easier):
All you got to do is list relative position: for instance, "crown over sword surrounded by stars" would work for the current sigil. Please decide by 6pm PST on the 14th of December, as that is when the thing on the other side of the door will make itself known and you will be expected to cast the sigil!

Quote:
FROM THIS POINT ON, EVERY CHOICE MADE WILL HAVE AN INDELIBLE AND IRREVERSIBLE EFFECT UPON THE WORLD YOUR CHARACTERS RETURN TO. SPECIFIC WARNINGS WILL COME AS THEY ARE RELEVANT.

endejester
and u has book
The Semblance of Unity
u has knife
quite uneventful
u has sharpie
chiickadee
prolixity
blade kuroda
u has phone
cibarium
lizbot
daekie
kolina
micillia
kitsuneaura
iStoleYurVamps
Melancholies
saedusk
u has glowy powerstone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:00 pm
Zac took a breath and let it out slowly.

“Because there is ZERO chance that casting the symbol might stop the damned thing behind the door that people are trying to play with.”

He shook his head and then read out of the book to explain about the casting.

“It seems like to cast, if anyone is interested in trying, we don’t need anything special to make the design itself, paining wise. Obviously we need the knife… and for those who weren’t here for it, attacking other people, thankfully, don’t seem to work. It’s up to people to decide for themselves to donate blood to this.

It seems like the more people that cast, with every person acting as though they are going to be one of the ‘Principal’ players, it will make this stronger. So, anyone who’s willing to try, we’re all going to want to go in like we might be one of the ones to replace Heliodora, and Michael, and Adoelle. Between the three people who actually become Principal people, there will be three major differences.”

He glanced up and looked around with a small shrug.

“I’m doing it, I need to, with all my heart I need to, I know more of you must feel the same way, but I also hope no one feels pressured. Because I know we’ve all gone through a lot, and we’ve all made choices that led up to this.”

“it also says here, that some change, to the symbol based on the intent of the casters, is inevitable. The three primary casters will make the most power for it. We, provide power to it by marking the drawn symbol with blood, though it doesn’t really say where. It just says, ‘pouring’ our magic into the blood and ink.”

“I know that when we were in the 80’s Renard sent… Past-me to get something to help out. I don’t know… it seems like, it seems like Heliodora’s foot might have been used to make this work before. The, flesh and blood of someone similar to the target, I mean, yeah… M… maybe a finger.” He swallowed and looked at his hand. “I mean, we had… past Jeremiah who sorta, was how I fell in here with Temperance but I haven’t seen him since we appeared and I’m not sure that’s fair. They were sorta broken at the end.”

The Semblance of Unity
quite uneventful
chiickadee
prolixity
blade kuroda
u has phone
cibarium
lizbot
daekie
kolina
micillia
kitsuneaura
iStoleYurVamps
Melancholies
saedusk

((Off to write solos because yeah - trying ))  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:13 pm
Shun turned towards Zac and listened as he spoke about the ritual procedures. So multiple people could act as if they were the primary casters, but in the end a few of them might literally end up replacing the original three. He didn't really like the sounds of that too much.

"A few people from the 60s entered the rift with us, but who knows where they are now. This includes Sunny from that era. Though... is flesh and blood related to the target necessary? I know blood magic seems to be a common theme here but if an object could potentially be used to represent our target, would not not potentially work as well?" he stated before pulling the pendant off around his neck, "This might not be enough, but as Sunny was a part of the original cage... with the original sigil, maybe this could work."

It might have been a crapshot, but the offer was there. He wasn't sure who among them was similar enough to Sunny to warrant chopping off body parts.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:19 pm
“… I think she can be hurt, like, she bleeds I think. I mean, I think she kinda wears a human skin. Does that make sense? It might, it might not be a bad idea to do both. But that’s not a bad thought ‘Officer.”, Blood, and Magic, a little… something more, and part of the original cage, that, that might be as close as we can get.”

"Oh!... here..." he said and tilted the book to share it's view with his friend. "I'm sorry...Here, I'll try and explain, is that okay?"

Bl@de Kuroda

Melancholies

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:19 pm
    Somewhere between here and there Shiloh sort of started to exist again, which was really saying something.

There was the falling and the endless listlessness to the void, and then there was the ground and talking and people but... it took ages to register, years, centuries. Flowers craned up around his feet, and though his gaze was locked on them, his eyes seemed distant. He didn't register the door or the banter or Jamie not being there, not immediately.

And then it hits him like a rush, punches him in the gut like a tidal wave, drowns the wind right out of his lungs. This isn't Sunday's library, or Andromache, or anywhere. It just... is.

He keeps blinking like his eyes need to readjust, but there's nothing really to focus on.

It feels rude to butt in, go hey, what the ******** going on in here, but he's about to anyway before Zac speaks up. They're casting something? Symbols? He hugs himself, and for once looks like the tired shell of a boy who just turned nineteen.

"I have no idea what the ******** you're going on about, but I'm in." he walked his way up to Zac, peeking curiously into the book like it'd give him some sort of insight. It didn't really, but this was Shiloh Beaumont, and he wasn't really one subtleties or thinking things through or much of anything. He sniffed before looking over to the door with curiosity, but he didn't bother any of the group that was currently messing with it. He just wanted to hurry the ******** up and go home, burrowed under his covers for the next couple years. "Friend to friend, I got you."

Oliver stood behind him, sharing the same homesick sentiments, but he was silent while he nursed his head, trying to ignore the budding headache there.

endejester
oh hi friend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:23 pm
"In that case I might as well toss this in once we begin the casting," he nodded.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:31 pm
    Shiloh looked to Shun when he spoke, relieved to see it was actually Shun and not the eighties version of him. He turned back down to the book, remembering that he couldn't read for s**t.

"It's stuff about..." Oliver leaned over, already knowing this about Shiloh, "...some weird demon ritual s**t." his brow scrunched up, but Shiloh only snorted.

"Sounds about right." he said to his younger brother before speaking to Zac again, "'Preciate it." he flashed him a weary grin, "So we're just recreating what the original trio did, but... not." it seemed dangerous. Was this what was necessary to fix the veil?

"Oh, wait a second." Oliver abruptly spoke up again as Shun handed over the pendant, "Didn't Jamie grab some weird thing? Where is—" he spun around, "Jamie?"

Shiloh immediately perked up, "You mean the weird rock thing? The ******** was that about anyway?" Jamie said he'd explain it to him later, but... "You think we could actually use it?"

"Those queens from the bar thought so." Oliver shrugged.

Whatever it was, the explanation was good enough for Shiloh, who promptly cupped his hands around his mouth and screamed "JAMIE?" as loud as he could muster.

endejester
friend qq

saedusk
paging you

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items