Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Advanced Flying I ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:08 pm
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn β–² Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Advanced Flying

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Tuesday @ 3:00pm

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to seeing what students would be taking his class. It was always interesting to see. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue the following year. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone, I hope your first day back has been going well so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your instructor for the next two years." he told them brightly. "Before we get into introductions I'd like to inform you about some class rules. Don't worry they aren't that bad. All I ask of you is to come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, moving on to something more fun, since this is my first time seeing all of you I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and why you decided to take my class." Landon instructed. "I understand that a lot of you want to play Quidditch while you're here, but I'm sure you all aren't going out to be pros afterwards." he added with a smile. "So, if you plan on playing Quidditch I'd love to hear what position you would like to play or currently play."

With: my second year class

Wearing: Professional

OOC: - - -

Diamond Wales
                                    Balder Borson, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Red Hot Missy
                                    Arden Strudwick, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Devlyn Maycry
                                    Aleah Toller, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Ahnna Atterberry, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Graydon Ironshield
                                    Fianna Grey, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja
                                    Aria Solarin, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

stitchkin babe
                                    Evan Vance, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Utsuha Moon
                                    Fay Usher, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:44 pm
User Image
                                                                They're gonna π” π”©π”’π”žπ”« 𝔲𝔭 your looks
                                                                With all the 𝔩𝔦𝔒𝔰 in the books
                                                                To make a 𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔷𝔒𝔫 out of you

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                Where?Advanced Flying Class
                                                                Who? Second years
                                                                Thoughts?Always a breeze, this class.

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

xxx
                                                                First on the pitch, Jack carried his Nimbus 2001 with joy. He'd get to fly without worrying about bludgers, chasers, and other distracting Quidditch targets. He always felt like Flying classes were great relaxation and a fantastic break between the increasingly difficult classes. He waited quietly for the rest of the class, noting that he had a new instructor this year. His Head of House wasn't in charge of Advanced Flying, which he found odd.

Perhaps that meant Professor Price was actually the better of the two fliers? Jack might be able to find out one day, if he found a non-insulting way to ask. "My name is James Rich of Slytherin House and I was a reserve beater last year and most likely will be this year too." It was disheartening, but he would most likely grab a starting position once Hastings graduated. Which would be his fifth year, the realization caused him to hang his head. Then again, he could out-perform Leon and take his spot. Lifting his head with a grin, he felt a new wave of determination for tryouts that weekend.

He briefly looked around at the collected group and idly wondered if they would be put into groups for advanced maneuvers this class or not. He didn't know much about his classmates' flying ability, other than what he saw the previous year in class. Sebastian and Balder were pretty good, he'd be willing to bet they were as good as he was.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                                OOC:

Quote:

Quote:

Because they 𝔰𝔩𝔒𝔒𝔭 with a gun
                                                                And keep an 𝔒𝑦𝔒 on you, son
                                                                So they can π”΄π”žπ”±π” π”₯ all the things you do

Mephis Inferni

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:30 am
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor β”‚ Second Year β”‚ Twelve Years Old β”‚ Single β”‚ Reserve Seeker

Having the chance to fly around on her broomstick was reason enough for Fianna to be out here, let alone the excuse to get outside on such a nice day. It wouldn't be long before the long cold Scottish autumn and winter set in. The Advanced Flying class would give her extra flight practice she knew she needed, since it wouldn't be too long before she might be able to take the starting Seeker position on the Gryffindor team. After Ivy graduated, she'd likely have her chance, but that meant waiting until Fourth Year. Yikes, that was like... forever and a day from now.

Standing next to Jack, the case containing her brand-new broomstick slung over her thin shoulder, Fianna piped up with, "I'm Fianna Grey, from Gryffindor House, sir," she said politely. "I was Reserve Seeker on the Gryffindor team last term, Professor, and I'm hoping to challenge for the position this year too."

OOC:
AC: 13
Modifiers: +3 to Spot and catch the Snitch
Special Skills: Great Catch, Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action:
Effect Value:
Results:
User ImageUser Image
Username

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:41 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon listened to both James and Fianna as they mentioned what positions they played. While James was a reserve beater for Slytherin, Fianna was a reserve seeker for Seeker. "Nice to see you both are eager to get on your house teams." He said brightly. "I wish you both luck this year." He added before getting into the plan for the day.

β€œFor the rest of today we will be discussing our first topic, which is the basics of Quidditch. So sadly that means no flying today. Since I’m guessing most if not all of you know about Quidditch this will be a bit of review. Even so I hope all for you brought something to write with so you can take notes. If not I can provide you with such.” Landon told the class as he held up some parchment and self-inking quills. β€œSo the game set up is, two teams play against one another and each team consists of three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and a Seeker. Now as you probably all know the Chasers shoot the Quaffle into the three goal posts, while the Keeper guards the goal posts. The Beaters keep the bludgers from hitting their teammates and hit them towards the other team’s players. Lastly we have the Seeker whose job is to catch the Golden Snitch.” He continued as he looked at his class.

"For those that do not know, this ball here is a Quaffle." Landon said holding the red ball up to show them. "The cannon ball like ones are the bludgers, those would be the ones trying to get out of the chest at the moment.” He told them with a chuckle. β€œAs for the snitch that's this one." He added pulling out the golden snitch and holding it between two fingers. "This ball usually wins you the game. As for right now it might look pretty but it's extremely fast and impossible to spot once it gets moving." He assured them.

β€œClearly the object of the game is to score more points than the other team. Each successful goal with the Quaffle is ten points and the snitch is one hundred and fifty points. Lastly once the snitch is caught the game is over. Also for those that don’t know, there are no substitutions in the game unless someone is knocked out, or it has been over a certain time period without the snitch being caught.” Landon finished. β€œNow if you have any questions ask away if not you are dismissed. Next week we’ll be learning a flying technique so bring your brooms if you got have one.”

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

Devlyn Maycry

Graydon Ironshield
                                    Fianna Grey, Gryffindor : 1/3 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja
                                    Aria Solarin, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

stitchkin babe
                                    Evan Vance, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Utsuha Moon

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:52 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey

"I have a couple of questions, Professor," said Fianna, a note of curiosity in her tone. "Is it true they used to levitate rocks before they invented Bludgers? I've also heard the Americans use an exploding Quaffle in their version of the game. Is that true?"

OOC:
Action:
Effect Value:
Results:
User ImageUser Image
Username

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:07 pm
                          User Image
                          USERNAME HERE

【 LOCATION 】 quidditch pitch x 【 MOOD 】 curious x 【 COMPANY 】 second years x 【 CLOTHING 】 uniform

Evan was still contemplating joining the Ravenclaw team, but he knew it certainly wouldn't hurt to learn more about Quidditch before potentially joining. The first lesson was primarily review, which, while he didn't mind, Evan was bored by. Once class was over, Evan listened to what questions the class had, then left the pitch.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:19 pm
User Image __________

User Image User Image

”Woooo!” Aria sang as she skipped down the path from the school to the field. Flying had easily been her favorite class last year. It was out on the grounds and under the bright sky, the fresh country breeze was refreshing compared to the stale air found in some parts of the castle. Namely, the dungeon. As she trampled over weeds and wildflowers, Aria eagerly joined the rest of her classmates in front of the professor. Which, she noticed, was not Professor Goldwind, their flying instructor. Weird. But she didn't bother giving it a second thought she spotted some of her friends and bounced over to greet them. ”Hey Fi!” That's when she noticed the professor was in mid-lecture. Had she been late? ...Whoops. Slightly embarrassed, she diverted her gaze down to the ground and chewed her lip nervously as he began explaining the various positions on a team and the different balls and what they do during the game. The fact that she was late had completely vanished from her mind as she focused on the mechanics of the game. And, while she didn't have any questions herself, Fianna had a few. Aria blinked and gasped, ”They used rocks?! Andβ€”wait what?!β€”an exploding quaffle? Nah, nah, ya' can't be serious, fam.”

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
【LOCATION:: class 】 【COMPANY:: Fianna 】
【ATTIRE:: house robes 】 【STATS:: 12yrs, 127lbs 】

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

[OOC: ]

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:32 am
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon listened to Fianna's questions with a smile. As Aria came on the field and commented about how it couldn't be serious, he took a breath. Luckily Aria wouldn't get in any trouble for being late today. "Yes, both are true. Bludgers were once charmed rocks. However the impact with the beater bats caused them to break and become nothing but gravel for the rest of the game. Luckily a few years later they began making Bludgers out the iron like they still do today." He explained. "As for the exploding quaffle it's known as a Quod in the game of Quodpot. Abraham Peasegood traveled to America where his wand came in contact with a quaffle in his trunk. The result was a quaffle that explodes. Thus in their popular version of the game, when a quaffle explodes in your hands you're out of the game." He finished explaining.

"10 Points to Gryffindor for those excellent questions. Oh and Miss Solarin try not to be late next time." Landon finished before class was officially dismissed for the day.

- - - Time Skip - - -

β€œGood afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. β€œAlright, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. β€œA barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object, while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely, you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together, before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around. It doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

β€œNow I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop. "So who wants to give it a shot?"

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

Devlyn Maycry

Graydon Ironshield
                                    Fianna Grey, Gryffindor : 1/3 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja
                                    Aria Solarin, Gryffindor : 1/3 || 0 Reports

stitchkin babe
                                    Evan Vance, Ravenclaw : 1/3 || 0 Reports

Utsuha Moon

Mephis Inferni
                                    James Rich, Slytherin: 1/3 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Mephis Inferni

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:50 pm
User Image
                                                                They're gonna π” π”©π”’π”žπ”« 𝔲𝔭 your looks
                                                                With all the 𝔩𝔦𝔒𝔰 in the books
                                                                To make a 𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔷𝔒𝔫 out of you

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                Where?Advanced Flying Class
                                                                Who? Second years
                                                                Thoughts?Always a breeze, this class.

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

xxx
                                                                Jack stepped forward and mounted his broom. "I'll do it, Professor Price." He launched himself in the air and angled back down to a reasonable height so the class may see. He accelerated slowly, with one hand on his broom and the other holding his wand. He wasn't accustomed to practicing without his beater's bat, so the wand would have to occupy his left hand. Leaning towards the left, he rapidly snapped himself to the right causing himself and the broom to roll three times in rapid succession before righting himself. Satisfied, he lowered himself back to the ground and dismounted his broom. "Sorry, I'm used to holding a bat when I do it. The counterweight helps with my barrel rolls."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                                OOC:

Quote:

Quote:

Because they 𝔰𝔩𝔒𝔒𝔭 with a gun
                                                                And keep an 𝔒𝑦𝔒 on you, son
                                                                So they can π”΄π”žπ”±π” π”₯ all the things you do

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:10 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey

Fianna clapped as she watched Jack fly across the pitch, and after he touched down, she volunteered, "I'll go next, Professor." Eagerly, she mounted her broomstick and launched herself into the air. The little Seeker leaned forward on her mount, as though she were grabbing for the Snitch, and leaned her body, causing her to corkscrew through the air. After three tight barrel rolls, Fianna righted herself and hovered in place a few feet above the ground. "How was that, Professor?" she asked cheerfully.

OOC:
Action:
Effect Value:
Results:
User ImageUser Image
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:14 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon watched as Jack tried his hand at going it. Using his wand as a support, he did it well. Hearing the explanation as to why he nodded. β€œIf that’s what works for you by all means. Ten points for that nicely done roll.” He told the young boy before adding. β€œI’d suggest trying to learn without a counterweight in the event you find yourself needing to do one without it.” Landon then turned to Fianna before giving her the go ahead. Seeing what she could do he kept a smile on his face. His class was doing very well. β€œWell done Fianna that was excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor for your efforts.” He stated. Once everyone had gone he dismissed the class and allowed anyone who wished to stay and practice to do so.

- - - Time Skip - - -

Landon was pretty sure that his class would be able to pull this off. He had a good bunch of kids this year that he knew would be able to do it. β€œGood afternoon class, today we will be learning how to stand on our brooms.” He told them. β€œSo like always come get a broom if you don’t have one and listen up.” He instructed with a smile. β€œIt requires a great deal of balance so for this class we’ll start with simply hovering, after that we'll move onto actual movement while maintaining balance.” Landon added. β€œNow, holding onto your broom with both hands, position one foot on your broom in front of you, from there keep a steady balance and place your other foot behind that one.” He explained, while doing so he demonstrated along with his words. β€œWhen you’re sure you have a good firm balance let go and then you can straighten yourself up.” he finished standing on his broom as it hovered above the ground. β€œNow, have at it and take your time this isn’t a competition.” He added hoping they would keep that in mind.

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

Devlyn Maycry

Graydon Ironshield
                                    Fianna Grey, Gryffindor : 2/3 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja

stitchkin babe

Utsuha Moon

Mephis Inferni
                                    James Rich, Slytherin: 2/3 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:01 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey

After zipping around the pitch on her new broomstick during practices, and making runs to catch the Snitch out of thin air, Fianna felt pretty sure her mount wouldn't fail her today. It wasn't any harder than walking along the tree branches of the big old oaks near her home. Of course, doing so scared Momma half to death, but that was a tale for another day ...

Seeing nobody else stepping forward to take up the challenge, the little Reserve Seeker chose to give it a shot."l'll give it a try, Professor," Fianna offered confidently. She mounted her broomstick and touched off from the ground, floating up a few feet off the ground, and hovered in place, reasoning there was no point in going up any higher than necessary for this exercise.

Fianna swung her legs up, placing her small feet on her mount. Carefully she maneuvered her slim body until she was crouched on her broom, tucking her legs under her, and she sucked in her breath as she let go her hold on it. The little Gryffindor whipped out her hands to either side of her, positioning her arms to keep her balance as she slowly unbent her knees. She visibly shook as she carefully stood up, like a gymnast rising up on a balance beam, and didn't release her breath until she stood fully upright atop her broomstick.

When she stood fully upright on her broomstick there was no hiding the triumphant grin which bubbled out of her.

OOC:
Action:
Effect Value:
Results:
User ImageUser Image
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:53 am
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon watched as Fianna tried her hand at stand on her broom. He nodded in approval as she stood fully upright. "Nicely done Fianna, 10 points to Gryffindor." He told her with a smile. He loved seeing his students success. That was the joy of teaching. When class drew to an end, Landon dismissed the class for the day.

Note: If you want to make up for missed classes or want extra classes, feel free to submit a report topic to my office. I'll be accepting them for the next two weeks. (See first page for details)

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

Devlyn Maycry

Graydon Ironshield
                                    Fianna Grey, Gryffindor : 3/3 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja

stitchkin babe

Utsuha Moon

Mephis Inferni
                                    James Rich, Slytherin: 2/3 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:13 am
New Year 2034 - 2035

Reminder...

Each student must attend a minimum of two lessons or face losing house points. Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If reason is given it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:18 am
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to seeing what students would be taking his class. It was always interesting to see. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue the following year. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone, I hope your first day back has been going well so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your instructor for the next two years." he told them brightly. "Before we get into introductions I'd like to inform you about some class rules. Don't worry they aren't that bad. All I ask of you is to come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, moving on to something more fun, since this is my first time seeing all of you I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and why you decided to take my class." Landon instructed. "I understand that a lot of you want to play Quidditch while you're here, but I'm sure you all aren't going out to be pros afterwards." he added with a smile. "So, if you plan on playing Quidditch I'd love to hear what position you would like to play or currently play."

Devlyn Maycry
                                    Melody Barker, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports

kiska166
                                    Oliver Davis, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Mackenzie Hawthorne, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Xistund
                                    Vitomir Nicoli, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

oyehh
                                    Reyna Whyte, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
                                    Glynn Llewellyn, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Red Hot Missy
                                    Kazuki Kimura, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports

mc2
                                    Esther Spencer, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja
                                    Gavin Selwyn, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas