Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Bretonnians Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkmage676

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:59 pm
yeah forgot about the speed of the lances but i usaually keep them beside them anyway  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:21 am
darkmage676
yeah forgot about the speed of the lances but i usaually keep them beside them anyway
God those Knights... I would hate to have to travel beside them in battle. Try having them Knights go up the middle and have the men at arms take the flanks, and places in which your worried that the opponets would make it to your area and play with your Trebs and Bowmen  

Reddemon

Drachyench

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:16 pm
Reddemon
darkmage676
God those Knights... I would hate to have to travel beside them in battle. Try having them Knights go up the middle and have the men at arms take the flanks, and places in which your worried that the opponets would make it to your area and play with your Trebs and Bowmen

My answer to Knights: Squigs. Knights usually need 4's to hit them. If any squigs in the front rank survive (About 5 Squigs in the front, with 8 attacks against them), you strike back needing 2's to wound, and a minus 2 to their armor save (Usually making it 5+). Add in the "If they break, knights take d6 more hits", and a set of 2-3 Squig Teams (only 90pts) can easily counter them.

Though with Bretonia, guarding your flanks can be a beetch.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:50 pm
Men-at-arms can protect your flanks fairly well because you don't need to make your knights march all the time, make it so that your force moves coherently. Have you men farthur up then your knights and let them take care of anything that might pose a threat to your knights, or at least make it so that they can tie it up or block its charge to your knights then let your charge into the enemy lines kicking most thing's asses.  

Lord Marshall Michael

Reddemon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:37 pm
Lord Marshall Michael
Men-at-arms can protect your flanks fairly well because you don't need to make your knights march all the time, make it so that your force moves coherently. Have you men farthur up then your knights and let them take care of anything that might pose a threat to your knights, or at least make it so that they can tie it up or block its charge to your knights then let your charge into the enemy lines kicking most thing's asses.
Or your men at arms get slaughtered and the other unit bounces into yours  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:06 am
hey every one. ATM am making my new lizzy army. but in a bout a week or so it will be finished. I will then be starting a bret army for my friend. I have the army book and i've looked through it. I was just wondering if any one has any tips on putting an army together. I was going to have a solid block of knights. supported by a peasant bowmen regiment and a regiment of men at arms. lead by a duke. what would you all recommend for special and rare choices? any thing else i should know about?  

eric the ghost

Reddemon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:44 pm
eric the ghost
hey every one. ATM am making my new lizzy army. but in a bout a week or so it will be finished. I will then be starting a bret army for my friend. I have the army book and i've looked through it. I was just wondering if any one has any tips on putting an army together. I was going to have a solid block of knights. supported by a peasant bowmen regiment and a regiment of men at arms. lead by a duke. what would you all recommend for special and rare choices? any thing else i should know about?
Well it sounds solid to start, but I'd let your friend pick what they want next, that way it's more to their playstyle  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:36 am
he's good at changing his style to suit the army he played with allot of different armies over the years.  

eric the ghost

eric the ghost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:35 pm
well I started the painting my bretonians. My bowmen have been base coated black and the knights wight.

I'm going for a crusading look. hence the wight for the knights.

I wanting to use a reliquary...but i was wanting to have it more like a Box of a saints bones as apposed to the 'fans' carrying a whole skeleton about. Any suggestions what to use for this?

am thinking the casket of souls... from he tomb kings range.

but am prety excited about this.

pirate  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:08 pm
Forgive me for this but....

OMG WTH Hoaaxorz Roxxorz Boxxorz pwn n00bs....

sorry man, good idea, bad use of grammer and spelling, wouldnt your Kindergarden teacher cry about spelling white like you did?  

Reddemon

BlueLucied

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:58 pm
eric the ghost
well I started the painting my bretonians. My bowmen have been base coated black and the knights wight.

I'm going for a crusading look. hence the wight for the knights.

I wanting to use a reliquary...but i was wanting to have it more like a Box of a saints bones as apposed to the 'fans' carrying a whole skeleton about. Any suggestions what to use for this?

am thinking the casket of souls... from he tomb kings range.

but am prety excited about this.

pirate

*Pops out of the nether! :O*

First suggestion with painting Bretonnians. Don't glue the knights to the horses!

What you want to do is to drill a hole on the flat pane of the legs, which will allow you to mount them on a paper clip or plasticard rod. That will let you basecoat the knights black, which allows for a better coat of paint overall, along with the ability to just drill a hole in the horse's saddle so you don't have a huge model you have to cart around, just two smaller ones. If you are worried about the paint not working, go pick up Denab Stone and Mechrite Red for your crusaders. (Foundation paints: They work!)

Remember that the bowmen are the tattered peasants, so they should only have a few tokens painted with the red/white coloring.

For a kind of reliquary? I suggest something smallish, when you think about all the 'relics' brought to europe from the crusades, perhaps a closed chest from the Mordhiem sprue, seeing as you might have to really mess around with the casket to make it Bretonnian-ish. You could probably fix up an easy carrier for the chest much more than the casket as well. If you do the chest, make sure the first of the 3 guys carrying it looks very priestly and has the sword with the key on the hilt.

Hope that you find it helpful. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:32 pm
wow its been a while sense a post here but, i must bring something up....so far from what i read several people based there army on its stats and then looked at the lore but really personally i believe that the lore should be the defining feature not the stats which is why i choose this army. just simply saying remember its only a game even if you lose every time at least your knight fight with valor and your peasants fight for honor. smile  

thefayenchantress

eric the ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:16 pm
hey just though i would post here...my brets have made no progress. been busy with the hundred other projects.

for the record i skipped 'kindergaren' and went straight to 'elementary school'

as a foot note on the record. i have very very bad dyslexia and i rely pretty heavily on the fire fox spell checker...it sometimes has an off day and i don't realize. i do hope my poor spelling doesn't cause offense in future.

i was thinking more along the lines of a box of saint bones that the catholic church used to keep on alters. bigger and more ornate than a chest. your input is greatly appreciated.

smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:37 pm

Alright. In a game of Fantasy last night, I picked up and used a 750 pt Bretonnian force. It has escalated and now I'm going to be fighting against a friend using a 2k Bretonnian force against 2k of Chaos Warriors. He has a souped out Chaos Lord of Khorne and at least 6 Dragon Ogres. Suggestions as to what I should use?

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:26 pm
Donno how old that post was, but I would suggest either the vow that lets you wtfroflpwn large creatures, or the Green knight. Bit of a point sink he is, but he could walk through the Dragon Orges without breaking stride, and probly stand toe to toe with the Demon.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff