Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Lizardmen Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daicon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:16 am
No, unfortunately you can only carry one magic weapon, just like you can only carry one talisman, piece of magical armor, etc. And, if you think the Wyvern riding Black Orc will play the role of a flank/rear charger, set your Old-Blood up to do likewise.

I'm talking Blessed Spawing of Itzl(Carnosaur), Blessed Spawing of Quetzl, Blessed Spawing of Sotek. Light armor, The Maiming Shield, Scimitar of the Sun Resplendant, and a Talisman of Protection if it floats your boat. All that adds up to a very bad-a** character. The Old-Blood will have 10 attacks on the charge, and his Carnosaur will provide an extra 4(5 if it's already put a wound on something). Hit a unit in the flank or rear with that, and they're gone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:01 pm
Daicon
No, unfortunately you can only carry one magic weapon, just like you can only carry one talisman, piece of magical armor, etc. And, if you think the Wyvern riding Black Orc will play the role of a flank/rear charger, set your Old-Blood up to do likewise.

I'm talking Blessed Spawing of Itzl(Carnosaur), Blessed Spawing of Quetzl, Blessed Spawing of Sotek. Light armor, The Maiming Shield, Scimitar of the Sun Resplendant, and a Talisman of Protection if it floats your boat. All that adds up to a very bad-a** character. The Old-Blood will have 10 attacks on the charge, and his Carnosaur will provide an extra 4(5 if it's already put a wound on something). Hit a unit in the flank or rear with that, and they're gone.

True, but a Wyvern has one advantage here, and only one: Flight. 20 inch move, with no terrain modifiers, means that, in a normal game, you can be ready to start some rear charges on turn 3 (Turn 2 if you use magic right).

Also, yeah, only 1 magic weapon can be equiped. You can't have, say, a +2 attack weapon, and a -1 to armor weapon. I also checked, there is neaither a +3 attack Lizardmen Sword, nor one that does minus 3 on its own (Other then the Biting Sword, but that's -3 due to S negatives also). If you mean Kroq, then I haven't checked him.  

Drachyench

Reddemon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:49 pm
Daicon

Mwahahahaha!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:26 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daicon

True, but a Wyvern has one advantage here, and only one: Flight. 20 inch move, with no terrain modifiers, means that, in a normal game, you can be ready to start some rear charges on turn 3 (Turn 2 if you use magic right).

Also, yeah, only 1 magic weapon can be equiped. You can't have, say, a +2 attack weapon, and a -1 to armor weapon. I also checked, there is neaither a +3 attack Lizardmen Sword, nor one that does minus 3 on its own (Other then the Biting Sword, but that's -3 due to S negatives also). If you mean Kroq, then I haven't checked him.

Fair enough on both points, my mistake. Scimitar gives +2 attacks now that I check my codex.  

Daicon

Drachyench

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:50 am
Daicon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daicon

Fair enough on both points, my mistake. Scimitar gives +2 attacks now that I check my codex.

It's okay, you were probably thinking a Mark that adds an attack on the charge making it into +3.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:11 am
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daicon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daicon

It's okay, you were probably thinking a Mark that adds an attack on the charge making it into +3.
Still, not too shabby  

Reddemon

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:53 am
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daicon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daicon

Still, not too shabby

XP Not too shabby at all.

Dwarves are the only army that can have a +3 attack weapon without other bonus', I think...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:25 am
I recently acquired the Lizardmen Battalion, and made an Army List using those contents, and a Lord I picked up at the same time.

Heroes:

Saurus Scar-Veteran
Sword of the Hornet
Shield
Light Armour
Blessed Spawning of Sotek
Blessed Spawning of Quetzl 148

Core:

12 Skink Warriors
Javelins
Shields
Skink Brave 77

12 Skink Warriors
Blowpipes
Hand Weapons
Skink Brave
Scouts 89

12 Saurus Warriors
Hand Weapons
Shields
Full Command 174

12 Saurus Warriors
Hand Weapons
Shields
Full Command 174

Special:

8 Cold One Riders
Spears
Hand Weapons
Shields
Full Command 320

Comes to 992 points overall.

So:

Any advice on how to improve what I have, although that *is* all I can afford currently, model wise, and I'm aware it's a very limited list as it is. Also, any advice on what to do with those last eight points, if i can, as I'm looking to make a 1000 point list for now.

Thanks for any feedback.

Also, I'm a fairly experienced 40k player, and I think I have an alright grasp on the Fantasy rules etc.  

Faeruithir88

Drachyench

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:09 pm
Take at least one mage, for a Scroll Trolley (Unless you got the Dispel Die mark on a unit). Unless you plan on facing Dwarves or Ogres with that list, odds are 2 plain dispel dice won't get you far. Otherwise, the list looks good, IMO.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:57 pm
I think my main enemy, or, only enemy, is going to be Wood Elves for a while.

And even then, the guy's only just picked up the army, and so won't be so experienced in magic use, and I imagine we'll skip on magic for the time being, until we get used to the rules.

Thanks a bunch for the advice so far, though.  

Faeruithir88

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:34 pm
Faeruithir88
I think my main enemy, or, only enemy, is going to be Wood Elves for a while.

And even then, the guy's only just picked up the army, and so won't be so experienced in magic use, and I imagine we'll skip on magic for the time being, until we get used to the rules.

Thanks a bunch for the advice so far, though.

Wood Elves are really only good when they use their treesinging. confused

Against Wood Elves, you're eventually going to need dispel dice or you will be screwed.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:41 am
I could just take the Blessed Spawning of Huanchi to counter that, move through forest/jungle as if it were open ground.  

Faeruithir88

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:55 pm
Faeruithir88
I could just take the Blessed Spawning of Huanchi to counter that, move through forest/jungle as if it were open ground.

Uh...You don't want to be anywhere NEAR a forest against Wood Elves...The trees will kill you...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:02 pm
Lethkhar
Faeruithir88

Uh...You don't want to be anywhere NEAR a forest against Wood Elves...The trees will kill you...

Not anymore, now you just take D6 S5 hits if within the woods from Lore of Life spells.

They nerfed it big, IMO. Instead of 3D6 S4 hits if in woods, it's 1D6 S5.  

Drachyench

Faeruithir88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:20 pm
I'm glad they did that.

Anyways, how else do I beat him if he hides in a forest and I have no Wizards or real missile troops?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games