Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Orcs and Goblins Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:27 pm
The Orc codex cover is amazing. I really like it over the old one. It was kind of hard to understand what exactly you were looking at.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:33 pm
lord_illpalazzo
The Orc codex cover is amazing. I really like it over the old one. It was kind of hard to understand what exactly you were looking at.

Yeah, I'm still not too sure just what it is. Maybe the big guy is supposed to be an Orc Giant? Doesn't look too interested in the battle, so I doubt he's a Warboss...  

Everlasting Chaos

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:56 am
The new Warboss looks kind of cool.
New needs to be fixed, though. The scar is cool.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:29 am
I'm a bit worried about the new goblins. I heard on Da Warpath that the scale of the models is being changed and the goblins are going to be about the same height as a human now... How do six-foot-tall goblins make any sense at all?

This is one case in which I hope the information is dead wrong.  

Captain Crouch

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:55 pm
Captain Crouch
I'm a bit worried about the new goblins. I heard on Da Warpath that the scale of the models is being changed and the goblins are going to be about the same height as a human now... How do six-foot-tall goblins make any sense at all?

Where did you hear this? No, or an Orc will have a tougher time pushing those little buggars around.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:18 am
From what I've seen, Goblin models are actually somewhat smaller then before.  

Drachyench

Ferdinand_Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:16 pm
Captain Crouch

yeah thats way wrong, i own two of the new night goblins in skull pass, ive seen skull pass, the hobby store i got to replaced their fantasy demo game with skull pass and the new night goblins are smaller than dwarfs, i'd say about 3-4 feet tall, but i think the new goblins look alot better  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:45 pm
I kinda dislike the new Orc models, but only because most of the stuff I've seen is painted in an almost Comical manner...  

Drachyench

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:34 pm
I've done an actual comparison, and the new Night Goblins are going to be about the same size of a Gnoblar. Gnoblars look somewhat bigger though because they have a bigger nose.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:50 am
True, those big nosed little freaks...
Anyway, I like the look of the new models. But the new Warboss looks like hes bored or tried, not the hate filled Green killing machine my Old Boss was..
I'll fix that...  

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Drachyench

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:48 pm
NEw Orc weapons (Not goblin, Orcs) look too big, IMO. They look to be a Cartoonish size (Axe Heads as big as the Orcs themselves!)...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:25 pm
Orc weapons should be big...
An Orc Choppa is too heavy for people to use.
An Orc great Weapon should be way to large.  

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:28 pm
lord_illpalazzo
Orc weapons should be big...
An Orc Choppa is too heavy for people to use.
An Orc great Weapon should be way to large.

Yes, Old Orc Choppa's were big enough (Axes that're made completely of metal about 1 inch thick, 1.5' Tall, and 6-8" Thick (From wood to tip)). Lift a plate of steel that big, that's at least a 30-Pound weapon. Choppa's, again solid, are about 2.5-4' in length, again 6-8" from one end of hilt to the other, and 1 inch thick. Solid metal hunk as big as a Piano Bench. Orc weapons now are using spears with the amount of Metal the sword had, and 'great' weapons are about as big a human, but made of Metal. Weight alone, that calcs Orc strength to be around 4 or 5, at least, just to carry the weapon. I can only look at things logically (Usually), and those seem a little too big...

Not that I'm complaining if this means basic Orc Strength is 4 now....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:10 pm
But increasing the strength would increase point value. Orcs should be stronger than humans. In fact, they should be able to pick up and throw them. But for balance purposes, Orcs are the same strength as humans, Skaven, Elves and many other things.  

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Drakeoss Dragoon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:22 pm
Can't wait for the new army book to come out I want to start my Gabbo army got some great ideas going to be made up of mostly Night Goblins and I'm making my own army Da'Fun Guyz Clan blaugh a bad joke name for a big joke army blaugh  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games