Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
History of Magic III (1/5) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:01 pm
There's a shining at the skyline

User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawThird Year13 Years OldSingle │ Chaser

Dylan walked into the History of Magic classroom and took a seat near the left side, his eyes gazing across the general layout of the room. Now that he thought about it, he had never really done that before.. He shrugged his shoulders and looked back to the front, where the typical "review of last year" came up. It seemed that was all this week would be; review, review, review. At least in terms of core classes. This was one of the classes he generally had an interest in, though, as it was quite interesting to learn about the past, and what happened back then. He realized he was in the minority there.

"We learned about the Deathly Hallows. There was the Invisibility Cloak, which made the user invisible, obviously, the Resurrection Stone, which brought deceased individuals back to life, and the Elder Wand, which was the most powerful wand in the world." At least that's what he remembered.

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:

And it's twisting,
manifesting into something big.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:28 pm
User Image

Arianna trudged dutifully into the history classroom. She wasn't thrilled to be here but yet she showed up knowing it was the right thing to do. She nodded in greeting towards Dylan the only other student present this early. She found herself a seat near the back and flopped down in the chair. As the professor began the review session the third year listened to Dylan explain about the Deathly Hallows. Not wanting to lose a chance to show off Ari raised her own hand and added, "We also went over the Ollivander family who arrived around 382 BC. And how the family started making better quality wands and have been ever since." With that Ari sat back and continued to listen to the other answers.  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:38 pm
User Image
                                                                When I pretend everything is what I want it to be
                                                                I look exactly like what you had always wanted to see
                                                                When I pretend, I can’t forget about the criminal I am
                                                                Stealing second after second just cause I know I can but
                                                                I can’t pretend this is the way it’ll stay I’m just trying to bend the truth

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? HoM class
                                                                Who am I with? Everyone
                                                                What am I doing? Doing review work
                                                                What am I thinking? Do we have to do this for every class?
                                                                What am I wearing? Third Year Uniform

Jesse entered and took a seat next to Arianna, figuring that Elliot was going to be around sooner or later. He wasn't sure how the two were going to react, after all. He was kind of friends with both, and he honestly didn't have any others. Which, if he thought about it, was kind of sad. Sighing, he thumbed through his notes and waited for the review to finish. Not that he didn't know the information, just that he didn't feel like speaking up.

OOC:

No turning back now
                                                                I wanna be pushed aside so let me go
                                                                Let me take back my life I’d rather be all alone
                                                                Anywhere on my own cause I can see
                                                                The very worst part of you is me

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:35 am
~New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:36 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson lowered his book as students started to enter the class. He looked over them all, curious as to how they would take the class. On one hand, there were those that found the class to be quite boring, and on the other hand, there were those that found, like himself, that history was full of intrigue, if they looked through it properly. At least that was how he viewed it. More than likely, the majority would find this class boring and move on, but he hoped that there were a few that he'd be able spark a bit of interest in the subject.

He stood, placing the book he'd been reading down.
                                            "Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As you all have had an entire summer to empty your heads of all that you may have learned over the last year, as well as give me a good chance to refresh your knowledge, today we will review what you have learned in the subject over the last year, before we go on to this year's topics. Please answer one at a time, and only cover one topic. That way, we can hopefully get everyone's participation in the class."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: How much do they remember from last year?
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:37 pm
User Image

----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ Let the rain fall down ♫
♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

----------т н ι r d----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

Rider was excited for History of Magic. She'd already skimmed through the textbook for the year and had the bubbling excitement of inquiry in her mind. She sat, saving seats around her for her friends. She was practically wiggling in her seat, excited for the year ahead. When they were asked to recount what they'd learned the past year, Rider's hand shot up. "We learned about Beedle the Bard! He was an author who wrote or recounted many childrens' stories, including the tale of the Deathly Hallows. As we were getting our materials for this year, I bought his book." She proudly displayed the book, in mint condition except for a few dog-eared pages. Blushing slightly, she slipped back into her seat.

♪ 'Cause I wanna feel the thunder ♫
♪ I wanna scream ♫
♪ Let the rain fall down ♫
♪ I'm coming clean, I'm coming clean ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

SummerIsles

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:36 pm
User Image

User Image User ImageLocation: History III - Wednesday @ 9:00am

Dakota walked into his morning class of history positively thrilled. "Morning!" he said taking a seat next to Rider he was probably just as excited as she was. Grabbing all this things out he waited for class to start and despite it being review, Dakota honestly didn't mind. "Adding off of Rider, the Deathly Hallows is a story of three objects that were said to be created by Death. Which, he gave one object to one of three brothers. The items are the elder wand said to be the most powerful wand in the world, the resurrection stone said to bring back loved ones from the dead, and the invisibility cloak which is said to make one invisible." he replied with a smile. Honestly he still wished to have the resurrection stone but then he figured it would be cruel to bring someone back from the dead.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Class... Rider

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

A rather curious lad aren't you?
Not to mention quite inventive.
You'll find your home in...
Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catxxxxx

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:53 pm
        User Image

9 o'clock in the morning is not a time to study history... Maisie thought to herself as she took her normal seat in the back. Maisie usually had a difficult time both paying attention and not falling asleep in history anyway, so how was having it at nine going to help her? Sighing, Maisie propped her head up with her hands under her chin and tried her hardest to pay attention to Professor Powell. As for participating in the review, Maisie decided against it, as she really didn't remember all that much from the previous year.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:44 pm
        User Image

Dmitri walked into History of Magic and took a quick seat next to Dakota and Rider. He leaned over a bit so he had a view of both of them before greeting them. "Hey Kota, Rider." He smiled slightly before leaning back into his seat and settling back. He rather liked history, it was the reason he was taking quite a few of his electives, so he was excited for the year. "We also learned about the Ollivander family," Dmitri contributed, sitting up a bit more.

User Image
        SummerIsles

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:48 pm
User Image
├─▇▇▇═───────────────────────────═▇▇▇─┤
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
GЯYFFIПDӨЯ ƬΉIЯD YΣΛЯ

Even if you can't stand up
Even if you lose your life
I'm a friend by your side
You're never gonna be alone

With a yawn, Addison walked into the History class. This subject, frankly, bored him to tears. And now it was early in the morning too? Gah, he could have cried. He wasn't even paying attention to where he was sitting and wound up sitting next to Maisie Reed. Though she was a Slytherin, she seemed to share his disposition for the class. Looking over at her, he quietly said, "Too early for this bloody class." He yawned again, covering his mouth with his hand, before sleepily blinking.

And I'm never gonna leave you out
If you ever lose your way
Not alone or betrayed
I'm always gonna be around

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

Arkendrai

SummerIsles

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:34 pm
        User Image

Maisie had to admit, she was quite a bit surprised when someone beside her spoke. Maisie blinked a few times, then looked over to the boy beside her -- Addison. He was some Gryffindor that Maisie had never really paid much attention to, after all he was usually hanging out around the rest of his friends. Where they were now, Maisie wasn't sure. And the boy certainly wasn't wrong, it was too damn early for this. She nodded a bit before turning her attention to the front of the room. "Far too early..." She murmured, allowing a frown to cross her lips. "Half the time this class makes me fall asleep, the other I'm not paying attention. And then it's at nine in the morning." Maisie growled under her breath, sitting up against the back of her chair. She made sure she didn't speak loud enough for the professor to hear; she really didn't want to get in trouble this early in the year.

User Image
        SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm
User Image
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
GЯYFFIПDӨЯ ƬΉIЯD YΣΛЯ

Even if you can't stand up
Even if you lose your life
I'm a friend by your side
You're never gonna be alone

Addison quirked an eyebrow at the girl. He hadn't actually expected her to respond. But she had. He nodded along with her comment. "It's like... I know all this stuff already. Yawn, next please." He shrugged and leaned on his arms, trying to suppress another yawn. His attempt failed and he yawned. Rubbing his eyes, he said, "It's way too early for this."

And I'm never gonna leave you out
If you ever lose your way
Not alone or betrayed
I'm always gonna be around

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

Arkendrai

SummerIsles

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:47 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindorthird yearpureblood

Pru was by default more of a morning bird than a night owl. Not that she was absurdly cheerful in the morning- she wasn't going to risk the wrath of her fellow third years- but she certainly had no problems with getting up early, especially since she'd never seemed to have much trouble sleeping. She could probably fall asleep anywhere, she reflected, and it took quite a bit of noise and commotion to wake her up. Still, she didn't really like History of Magic, and she especially didn't like it this early in the morning. She slid into a seat on the other side of Addy, giving Maisie Reed, whom he was quietly speaking with, a small nod. "I second that," she muttered under her breath. "I'd rather not be reminded of anything we learned last year at all, actually." Alright, so that wasn't strictly true, but the feeling of it was. History was never going to be her thing. She could appreciate the storytelling aspect of myths and legends and recounts of famous events, but names and dates... Nope. Nope nope nope.

OOC:
Arkendrai

SummerIsles

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:54 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Victoria shuffled into her History class, hair fluffed and curled, uniform pressed, looking absolutely ready for the day. If only it was that easy. Her eyes seemed dull and her gaze only stretched about two feet in front of her. She even had to avoid running into the doorway on her way in. 'My least favorite class at my least favorite time of day... This'll end well, I think,' she thought. Rubbing her eyes, she searched for a place to sit. Normally, she would sit in the back, as to not get caught when she fell asleep. However, after seeing her grades, her mother insisted that she needed to start doing better in her classes. With a defeated sigh, Tori slumped into a chair, joining Rider, Kota and Dmitri. "Goooooood--" She paused to yawn. "--morning, everybody," Tori glanced around as some students spoke up about what they learned last year. Honestly, not many of them did. Did most of them dread this class like she did?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PUREBLOOD GRYFFINDOR THIRD YEARxxx

I wear a disguise. I'm just your average Jane. The super doesn't stand for model, but that doesn't mean I'm plain.
                                                            If all you see is how I look, you miss the superchick within. And I christen you titanic, underestimate and swim.
                                                            I've got the rifle gonna be myself. I'll be everything that I want to be! I am confidence in insecurity.
                                                            I am a voice yet waiting to be heard. I'll shoot the shot, bang, that you hear round the world. I'm a one girl revolution.

SummerIsles

Arkendrai

murruelecreuset

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer