Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:20 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Sixth Year
Quidditch Pitch/ Slytherin Tryouts

Another year and another turn out onto the pitch with broom bucket and case in hand. Placing both nicely next to one another Ronyo looked around the familiar sight and found himself hopeful of another great year in Quidditch. Returning players coming to re-secure and retake their old spots, and new students looking to make a name for themselves. So far Ronyo had not felt he was doing that bad of a job as captain of the team, his players got a good deal of practice and he always kept them in shape. Even if they were not always the most skilled team they were surely the most fit and could go longer and keep up the pressure with the same ferocity from hour one to hour ten. They would also be looking to get some reserve players this year as well, which meant more people could be part of the team and help out should someone go down. After last year and Ronyo's own personal fall from the game the Captain knew it would be prudent to have stand by players so they were not playing with a handicap.

Ronyo smiled as he mounted his Chinese Fireball with a great deal of pride and the hope of an even greater year for it. With a look to the sky Ronyo kicked off with some effort and shot off to test out the turning ability the broom was fabled for. He ducked and dodged invisible bludgers, did break neck turns and then followed it up with some daring dives towards the ground only to pull up at the last moment and head back to the heavens. It was a broom designed for a flyer like Ronyo, not for pure speed but agility and daring maneuvers. This time it would not be so bad if the returning and new players were a bit late, he would just enjoy a bit more flying time.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:46 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image
Dairus walked up to the pitch he looked at the older boy and gave a nod of greeting to him "I'm here to try out for the team if I may." He said truthful not sure what to expect from the older boy and not sure how much he could trust him.
User Image

Xistund

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 am
User ImageJoshua Brooks
|  Purebloodist  | First Year Slytherin | Athletic Nerd  |
███████████████████████████████

Mood: Excited
Company: Slytherin Students
Crush: Katrina Aberdeen

Joshua walked out onto the field as he looked around to see who all of his compotitsion was. The boy ran his hand through his shaggy brown hair and smiled to himself. Joshua really didn't care what postistion he wanted he just wanted to at least try for keeper of chaser. He sighed as he walked up to the other first year that was waiting."Hey names Joshua,"spoke Joshua and looked at Ronyo as well to see his captain.

OutfitSong

███████████████████████████████
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:41 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Fifth Year, Slytherin Seeker
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Belle’s long, porcelain fingers firmly grasped her broom, one of the latest racing brooms to hit the shelves this year, the Nimbus Galaxy, but, because of her connections with her boyfriend, she had been gifted a model two years before it hit the shelves. The ivory polished wood gleamed like a beam of moonlight whenever she raced in the sky. Lithe, long, nimble legs reached the pitch, but, not without nearly tripping over her feet—

Glancing left and right—she had to make sure no one had seen.

With a sigh, she brushed golden curls behind her ear and joined two new first years at the center of the pitch, the captain was high in the clouds as he always was—it was times like these she honestly began to wonder how early he came before practice starts. ”You must be first years, hm? I’m Belle, Annabelle Rich, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” She greeted, bright, bouncing and enthusiastic. Her vivacious pale green eyes sparkled with earnest and genuine care. Hidding the layered masks of diamond and fortified steel that hid every urge to cringe at her surname. Like her cousin, Dominic, the Rich family was an ancient, old line, and nearly snuffed out, struggling to reclaim itself. For centuries, her family had cheated, bribed, extorted and stolen, manipulated and murdered, the woman of the Rich family always marry men, that suddenly die at the end of each wedding. Alimony, sudden widows of vast fortunes; her family name was notorious for it amongst every purebloodist family. And, for one more particular detail—debt. The Rich family owes more money to families than there are pureblood familes to pay too. Her expression hidden, she hoped no one would realize she was the sole surviving heir to that family, the Rich family.”That’s the captain up there flying, Ronyo Storm, he’s always doing drills before practices.” She explained.

L1 ___ L2 ___ L3
Desires: Between 40-45 to Spot
Troubles: Five Turns to Catch Snitch

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:45 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Second Year, 𝔅eater

User Image

Energized, Dominic jogged down the pitch to join the rest of the prospective members of his team of green and silver. A broom rested casually over his shoulder as he joined those out on the field gazing up at the captain and his daring challenges. A light layer of sweat beaded down his forehead and gently plopping down against his uniform on his broad shoulders; a quick jog around the garden started his morning, followed by a long stretch, and then running several laps around the lake before he finally reached the field.
”Heya mates,”

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 142lbs ☣ Age: 12
L1 ___L2___ L3
43, 50 to hit, 66 ^ miss, 45-50 to defend
╚═══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:59 pm
User Image
~_~ Vanessa Hopewell ~_~ Sixth Year ~_~ Slytherin ~_~chaser

Her broom was securely placed on her shoulder, Vanessa made her way one to the pitch. A soft smile played across her face as she spotted some first years waiting eagerly for tryout. At least there was some interest amoung the first years. Besides the first years, The blonde haired slytherin spotted Ronyo flying laps like he always before tryouts and Belle as well as Dominic arriving shortly before herself. Once she reached the group she smiled a bit wider and waved. " Hello everyone," she said. Her soft voice was audible a bit more then normal.

Setting down her broom, the chaser began to stretch out her arm so she would be ready to take on the potential chasers and keep her position on the team. She had played a key role in all of last year's matches so she didnt' think her spot would be taken over that fast or easily. But there was always that chance of it occurring.

--/5 posts
--❤-- --- --❤-- --- --❤--
((OOC: My power returns and fist thing I do. find out whats up with the guild then post in tryout XD))

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:47 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image
Darius looked at the first and second year then to the other's of his housemates "I'm Darius" He said to the people who addressed him. He was not really use to being around so many people all at the same time but it was nice to be around them also and to have them talk to him.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:16 pm
User Image𝔜𝔬𝔲 tʀɩɛ∂ tσ ʟσϲк мɛ 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫.
xxxxI ╒συη∂ tɦɛ kɛʏ. 𝔏𝔦𝔟𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔪𝔢.
Just untie 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔰// that break & 𝔟𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔪𝔢.

►► Muscles in her legs and arms rippled in sync with each other as the blonde began her pregame regime. She was slender and petite, but there was no doubt that she was strong. It showed in every toned inch of muscle that lay just under the superficial surface of her translucent ivory skin. Her long hair reached to her waist and rippled gently as she approached the Quidditch pitch, a broom over one shoulder, her backpack slung carelessly over the other. Her silver eyes flicked from face to face as she sized up the other applicants, her gaze unceasing as she tied her hair into a ponytail. She turned on her heel without a word and began running laps around the pitch until her legs burned with exertion. Careful to stretch every muscle, she slowly counted to ten in her head before changing positions, getting her body ready for the task at hand. She was slight and limber, fiercely determined and fearless. And she wanted this.
She'd always been around her cousins since she was little, watching them practice when they went camping or to the beach or even just in the back yard. Nora had never truly been interested in a sport until she'd been taught about Quidditch. One thing she'd yearned for was to fly, and she intended to start by joining her house team. She didn't speak to anyone. She didn't really need to. She would speak when spoken to. She didn't care to make friends. She simply desired to be the best.User Image

ʀɛα∂ мʏ ℓɩƿs:
Sℓʏтнɛrιn Ғιrsт ʏɛαr ƿʋrɛʙℓσσ∂

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Somnis

Wealthy Conversationalist

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:24 pm
User Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄Jasmine Acacia▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▄▄▄Fifth Year▄▄▄▄Slytherin▄▄▄▄Prefect▄▄▄▄Keeper▄▄▄▄Single▄▄▄▄Lonesome Triplet▄▄▄▄

Someday you will find me
Caught beneath the l a n d s l i d e
In a ☆champagne supernova☆
A ☆champagne supernova☆ in the SKY
Wake up the ۞ DAWN۞ and ask her why
A dreamer dreams, she never dies
Wipe that ☂tear☂ a w a y now from your eye
Slowly walking down the hall
Faster than a cannonball
Where were you...?

Jasmine carried her Tinderblast out onto the field, her servicing kit slung across her back. Try-outs were always interesting. Mostly, due to some of the drama that tended to start because of them. Spotting a nice patch of grass just on the outskirts of the group that had assembled, Jasmine sat down and took out her servicing kit. She started to work on her broom. It had been a few weeks since she had last flown, and so she knew it was probably a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:56 pm
User Image

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±
Eretria Whitethorne
Third Year - Slytherin

Eretria stepped onto the quidditch pitch, the set of her shoulders and her walk determined. She hadn't had a chance to try out last year, and she was more than eager to try out this year. She had her Nimbus slung over one shoulder and she looked around curiously. Yep, there was Ronyo, as well as Jasmine and Vanessa. She vaguely remembered others from the common room, and spotted some first years as well. Well, here was a chance to show that she knew what she was doing. She started stretching a bit as she stood there, thinking that at least she should be a bit limber.

----------------------------------
State: Eager
OOC: ...

Let's see what I can make of this...  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:27 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Virgil walked to the pitch he saw his half brother and he sneered. He walked to Darius and said "I did not know they let dogs on the pitch or where you hoping to be a cheerleader." He snickered as he walked past.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:39 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Sixth Year/ Team captain, beater
Quidditch pitch

Seeing a fair gathering assembled already Ronyo made a quick snap turn in the air and pulled into a falling drift as he continued to pull up slightly on the broom to cut his speed and then leveled out a few feet from the ground. He had been practicing that falling drift wanting to try and put it to use this year, he had performed tied drift turns normally but falling into a drift added a new degree of difficulty Ronyo wished to attempt to keep his skills sharp. Dismounting his broom the boy moved to take up the forms as he always did and passed them out to the new comers.

"Good to see you returning players, and welcome to the ones trying out for the first time. First things first, if you haven't been told some odd things about me I'll go ahead and get them out of the way. I'm not your typical Slytherin by any stretch of the imagination, so for anyone looking for some inner group politics and secret plots you've come to the wrong place. My returning players know this well so you can ask them to reaffirm this, I don't care where you came from, what you did, or who your parents are. On my team we work together as comrades and leave the selfish and stereotypical snake stuff in the locker-room. I hold firm to the belief that this house is better than the snide self centered idea many people have about us. If you have a problem with that please leave because we have no time for personal drama on this team.

Now then with that out of the way, please fill out the form and turn them in to me so I can get an idea where we stand. First years, know that the returning players have priority when it comes to spots, fortunately for you we are also looking for reserve players this year. If you get placed on the reserve team don't think that means I think your not good enough or what have you. You're on the team, and that is not something just tossed around here. Reserve players will train just as hard as the rest of us, and also provide the much needed additional training of having another group to skirmish against. I run a tough and endurance driven training time out here, we will be able to go longer and harder than any other house so when time get long we will still be at our best. We came in second last year, but more importantly we beat Gryffindor and I aim to go one higher and win the trophy and beat the lions. On that note I don't take to bad mouthing other houses, you always respect your opponent or you will never be able to beat them."  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:40 pm
Form:

Name:
Year:
Desired Position:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:51 pm
User Image

Eretria Whitethorne
Third Year - Slytherin

Eretria nodded at the older teen, understanding what he was talking about. It was one of the reasons that she seemed to constantly be at odds with the more ambitious members of her house, but with her usual caustic attitude toward what she felt was idiocy, she seemed to survive so far in the house. She grabbed a form and filled it out, returning it to the captain afterward.

Quote:
Name: Eretria Whitethorne
Year: 3
Desired Position: Chaser

State: Eager
OOC: ...

Let's see what I can make of this...  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:06 pm
((For those wondering, we are currently still using the old system until the new one has all the kinks worked out of it. It should be ready by the next RP year, hopefully! >_<))  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games