Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
TF Headquarters Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:47 pm
Signing out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:46 pm
Signing out.  

Insatiable Design

Nite of Storms

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:19 am
Signing in.....
I'm not sure how everyone else did but everyone I contacted*it was over 20 people* either were already in a HP RP guild or didn't reply back. I'm terribly sorry and I will be trying very hard this month to get in some new people!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:32 pm
Signing in. Okay, so i want to compile that list for people we've contacted. So give me the names of the people and i can compile.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:39 pm
Clue quiz. Here is what i've got so far. BTW should we just roll dice to pair people, oh i know... i have a way, i can do it via love calculator, that'll be a non-biased way. Right?

Quiz for V-day.
What house are you in?
What year level?
Are you a girl or boy?
What's your favourite colour?
Tell as one thing about your avi?
Do you live in or are most active in- the games section/discussion section/rp section/other- of HPGOG.
Are you a graduate, a teacher, a HOH, a mod, an Elf, a Prefect, a DHOH, a student.
What year level are you, if you are a student?
Are you female or male?
How long have you been on gaia?
Do you update your journal often?

Who wants to be in charge of the 'Why I love/hate v-day? part of this event?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:44 pm
Mothette
But, if we have to use a quiz to get the information to make the clues, how will the partners know that the clue relates to their partner? Are we going to post everyone's quiz answers for everyone to see, like on the first/second page or something?

No, they have to talk to eachother, but most of the questions are obvious pointing ones--> she's a girl and a ravenclaw prefect and she's been on gaia for 2 years and 6 months, she must be my partner.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:56 pm
The Queen Lana
Mothette
But, if we have to use a quiz to get the information to make the clues, how will the partners know that the clue relates to their partner? Are we going to post everyone's quiz answers for everyone to see, like on the first/second page or something?

No, they have to talk to eachother, but most of the questions are obvious pointing ones--> she's a girl and a ravenclaw prefect and she's been on gaia for 2 years and 6 months, she must be my partner.

So basically, they are going to have to "mingle" to find out the answers to the quiz?
If I'm understanding this correctly, then depending on how many people partake, it could take a while to find out who your partner is. Which in effect could make the event be longer. Just keep that in mind. Otherwise, you gals are doing great!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:59 pm
Quote:
Firstly, we find out who will be attending the Ball. So they'll have to pretend to buy tickets.

Lets say, Icee and Adonis are attending and so are Techpriest and Oshenkur, so we pair up Techpriest and Icee, and Oshenkur and Adonis. But we don't tell them, we give everyone clues to who they're paired up with.

The students involved will give us a brief of their RP character, and/or will answer a quiz, so that we can put clues about their partner up.

Then when they've guessed their partner, they get together and have to get through a course to get to the ball. Where Adonis will spike the punch with a love potion at a specific date.

All partners need to work to find their partner.

Quiz:

What house are you in?
What year level?
Are you a girl or boy?
What's your favourite colour?
Tell as one thing about your avi?
Do you live in or are most active in- the games section/discussion section/rp section/other- of HPGOG.
Are you a graduate, a teacher, a HOH, a mod, an Elf, a Prefect, a DHOH, a student.
What year level are you, if you are a student?
Are you female or male?
How long have you been on gaia?
Do you update your journal often?

Some partners will get hit by the potion whilst others don't, the ones who don't get hit have to detect who spiked the punch.

We will ask Adonis to be the punch spiker. The reason because the ball is causing distractions for the students, which annoys the staff of Hogwarts, also he thought it would be fun.

If there is an extra partner we have two host characters to be thier partners, one of these two;

User Image

or

User Image

Edited-again. Guys... i need help btw. PLease.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:06 pm
The Queen Lana
Mothette

So basically, they are going to have to "mingle" to find out the answers to the quiz?
If I'm understanding this correctly, then depending on how many people partake, it could take a while to find out who your partner is. Which in effect could make the event be longer. Just keep that in mind. Otherwise, you gals are doing great!

idea Hang on, had an idea, what if we put up a small basic description of everyone who is going to the ball in the event, on the first page somewhere.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:22 pm
Signing out.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:56 pm
Signing in.
The Queen Lana

idea Hang on, had an idea, what if we put up a small basic description of everyone who is going to the ball in the event, on the first page somewhere.

Not bad. Though, if the quiz & clues are so basic, it might be enough just to have a list of who's signed up to participate.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:48 pm
Mothette
Signing in.
The Queen Lana

Not bad. Though, if the quiz & clues are so basic, it might be enough just to have a list of who's signed up to participate.

IN

It depends on how many people sign up as well. If it's very easier, then a very simple description. OKay... so any volunteers, guys?

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:50 pm
@ a Mod. Icee, Avatar.

Can we start setting up the event, as in just the basic posts in the event forum?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 pm
Ill start setting up, when i'm in the clear.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 pm
Signing out.

I think i just got a thousand posts done in this Guild.

High five anyone?

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces