Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply ☁]| Lightning ○ Country
☁ Storm Mountains Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Motherglare

Fashionable Zealot

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:57 pm
User Image
K o d o k i, D o k i j i m a
Jounin - Village Advisor
Main Class: Taijutsu ll Sub Class: Medical
CP: 510/ 510 ll AC: 9,400 ll Ryo: 1210

She frowned a little, even though Haki was making use of his materials. It's just that she thought to get a little more reaction...but he already seemed to be immune to it. At this she elicited a thought. Maybe if she were to be less unctuous around him, they could get better results. "Well, it depends." She said, racking up the story in her head. Honestly, if he was going to bottle up his emotions forever, then it would be a little bit difficult to teach him THAT style. But Doki would persist none the less. She helped turned the sticks so that the fishes wouldn't char on one side only.

The blend he was making did spread off an interesting scent. At this point, assuming is what she would do for him. Assuming he knew what he was doing, assuming he knew his berries. Luckily, the surprising warmth from Kyo's hand as he messed up her hair in split frays gave her an idea. "That's right Kyo. Because you've MET ME!" She rose directly over the fire with outstretched hands and allowed the pale lighting of the flames to cast an extension toward her already lurid expression. This should give them a little preview of how spooky she could smoke their fears out.

So anyways-- Annoyed but more enlightened, Doki finished readjusting her hair and began with her story. One that she thought up of at this moment without a prior, functioning storyline or main idea. "Once upon a time there lived a man by the name of Pogi the Terrible. As his name suggests; he was really terrible. Nasty. Horrific. No one in the valleys or base towns could vouch for him because he was so Terrible. So one day, the people grew tired of putting up with Pogi and came up with the idea of the the Straw man's Sundra. The name of the festival that honors him as a fool and where everyone can openly mock him in a celebratory tone. Naturally, Pogi was invited but through the cruel jeering, he was enraged and ran. Ran ran ran ran ran. But unfortunately for Pogi, the festival ran for miles vertically across every valley and all till the end of the town below the mountainous base." Doki had at some point picked up a dogs weed stem and a slender stick. The dogsweed symbolized Pogi and it shook with little efforts from her wrist to signify his struggles. Meanwhile Doki had lit the stick on fire. Carefully, she lit the small crackling flame over to the weed.

"But alas, poor Pogi.. His path was forever highlighted by the lanterns belonging to the Sundra festival and ran for miles down and over. It never seemed to end." She ended that with an abruptly monotonous tone before continuing. The dogweed steadily burning until it was reaching the middle. "So he looked for a shaman, a witch or medicinal Brahman. By the end of the distance, and to no luck, he collapsed. His dead greasy eyes last seeing the light that haunted him. With news of his death, they later dubbed him as Pogi the Poor. His corpse having rolled down the mountainous terrain, the folks said that his body literately was everywhere around the mountains. And that, out of their guilt at the time, if they could find all of the body's pieces, he will then be left to rest at peace without haunts." The head of the dogweed burned off, simmering into black charred waste. Her stick now flinging it back into the fire. The crispy clutter dancing a little way before turning into ash completely.

"But on the unfortunate umbrage of failure, the old Hag foretold that he will forever run down the lantern paths. Sad, lonely, and snatching up anyone followed by light, flare, or fire. Smiting them the same way he had been confused and betrayed. And so the tale goes, that no man shall carry torches or lights on Sundra's trail Road whether it be dark or cold." Her voice softened as did the crackling of the fire. Seemingly intense at some moments and some moments not. "Sometimes, you might catch a glimpse of a straw scarecrow around these parts." She snickered while giving off the vibe that she was so proud and immersed in her own story.

little mintchan

CanoodlingFlibbertyJibbit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:59 pm
User Image
______. : | [Hakkin Ren Issetsu] | : .______

: Genin | 200CP___]

| : | Taijutsu | Brawler [ Oni | Sober_______ : : : : ]

Haki listened attentively, taking the fish off the fire and cutting one in half. The whole went to Kyo and Shi, one half to Doki and one to him. As he passed it to Doki, though, she stood and began her story "..." he just kind of looked at her as she spoke, weaving her story...and the more he heard, the more amused his face seemed to become until he put one hand up to cover his mouth. As Doki reached the end of her story, Haki couldn't keep it in anymore and a snort escaped him "His name was Pogi?" he asked, keeping his voice steady despite the snort "And your fish is done." he offered the fish half up to her, the other fish one sitting in his lap. The second whole fish was still held out to Kyo.

Where's the truth? What's a lie?
Can't tell...Don't care.
Just.... no more sorrow...

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:06 pm
Kyo snatches the fish, giving Shi his food and munching on his own quickly, he was hungry and the fish smelled so good. Shi ate his in one bite, nearly snatching Doki's fish but just drooled on Haki's arm. "Not really scary...I have scars scarier then that." He chuckled, licking his hands of some fish taste.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:10 pm
User Image
Jounin - Village Advisor

Well, she expected a tough crowd but...not for comedy to be against her in the harshest of ways. She saw that Haki at least tried to be polite. At his question, she raised up devastated eyes. "Well yeah! They were Nomadic...!" Bah, it was no point. Weakly accepting the fish, she started to bite off small pieces. Then glared fiercely at Kyo. Who could have pissed better results if instead he tried to put on some witty criticism.

She snapped her half eaten fish away from him until he got his own. Starting to brood a bit for getting all excited over nothing. "Man, sometimes you guys don't know fear even if it tapped behind your shoulder." She scoffed, inwardly more edgy about the Supernatural things. She was a squealer when it came to any ghost stories or other paranormal subjects. It was just so much weirder to her how they were just..fine with it. Twelve year olds. Ah, it's at that age..around that time. She finished nibbling the fish. What's left of it was bones and crackled cartilage. Generally a very clean eater, Doki saw waste in incomplete food.

"Thank you for the nice dinner, boys. So, starting tomorrow, Haki and I will begin our training. But before that we'll be setting up camp in two more areas at dawn. Because usually due to wild animals and other inclement changes, it's better to keep inconsistent camp sites as well as having it divided into specific sections. Like one for bedding areas, for washing, and for cooking or food preparation. I'll leave the choice areas up to you guys. And I'll help this time around. Probably." She said with a roguish smile.

Motherglare

Fashionable Zealot

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:08 pm
User Image

Haki just watched Doki and Kyo in amusement as he ate, not saying anything. As Doki explained they would start training tomorrow, he nodded just a little and then stood, scooping up dirt to throw on the fire "We better get some sleep then." he said, dumping handfuls of dirt on the fire. It began to flicker and sputter then died out completely. They wouldn't need it, hopefully, for the night but...."I'm going to sleep." he bowed to Doki and Kyo then retreated into the tent, sliding into his sleeping bag.

Can't tell...Don't care.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:42 pm
Kyo rolled his eyes, he tagged along for some relaxation while they trained, not to watch them train AND set up more camp sites in this frozen hell of a mountain range. "Psst Doki..." He had waited until Haki went to bed to ask this. "Wanna teach me to read a bit? Before we hit the hay? I don't want Haki to know I can't read got it?" He took a book out of his bag he had been carrying, holding it right in her face to show her because he chose a random book, unable to even read the title which said something something hood(red riding hood).  

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Motherglare

Fashionable Zealot

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:59 pm
User Image
Jounin - Village Advisor

She nodded her head to acknowledge Haki's decision to tuck in early. It was better to start a day well rested. Though for Doki, she could lay awake some moments before. Which, eventually, upon Kyo's request she remembered his reason for coming along so found her time to be of use. His annoying behavior was forgotten by the innocence of him lifting up a book. Well, being asked to teach him how to read was difficult right off the bat. But..it was doable. Anything for her old teacher.

"Only if you can be patient enough. Then sure. Besides, I highly doubt that he will. He's not the type to." She accepted the book titled -- The Red Riding Hood. Well, story books were as good as any other. To see which letters he had the most difficulty in, Doki prompted him to try. "Let's start with the title. Try and pronounce it." She lowered her head and spoke quietly between them in respect to his wishes so that Haki wouldn't hear of it. Her finger pointed to the letter, ready on his pace to move down each letter accordingly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:07 pm
Kyo nodded, he'd try to be patient with learning how to read. "I need to remember this isn't taijustu training...it actually requires patience this time." He stared down at the book, the title seemed long and in a jibberish language. "R...ud.......erm....finding...? Food? No...R...ed...finding...h..hood? Is that the title?" Riding was too big of a word for him to get it as easily as a color would. Some words he had seen before like Hood and Red but what was the middle word?" "He might tease me about that...whats that first letter in the middle word?" Shi curled up in the tent, being a pillow for Haki and whenever Kyo and Doki came to bed, he would be their pillow too.  

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Motherglare

Fashionable Zealot

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:33 pm
User Image
Jounin - Village Advisor

Doki took his hand and forced a finger out of it. Then motioning for him to point down each letter, she took into consideration of his difficulty. Some words he could guess and attempt but he didn't seem to know the majority of the alphabet. Tonight wouldn't be a good time to teach him all of the alphabet. So in her mind, thinking that she could divide her time teaching Haki and tutoring Kyo, Doki felt more than motivated to do her job.

She looked at Kyo, smiling and nodding in his honest attempt to try. "Close, but that word is Riding." Pronouncing it steady enough for him to follow along. She opened the book and started reading the first page. Starting off, only with a few sentences. The book had illustrations; a hazard for the type of reader who liked to foresee events ahead and not follow along with the sentences. "Use your fingers to help you read along. I'll read you the first page tonight. Tomorrow, I'll be pounding the rest in your head."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:38 pm
Kyo could feel a sweat drop down his forehead even in the cold, mostly cause this was frustrating and made him nervous. He had to remember, what would the raikage do if she knew he couldn't read or write? Probably strip him of his rank until he learned to read and write...and he didn't want to lose his rank at all. "Red...Rrrr...iding...riding hood! Red riding hood! Hm...Ok..." He followed the words, learning what some letters sounded like before trying to read some sentences himself, failing in anyword starting with R and was more then four words.  

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Motherglare

Fashionable Zealot

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:16 pm
User Image
Jounin - Village Advisor

She saw..progress. Not that it was scorching the roads any hotter than the fire they relied on. But it was a stepping stone. What mattered the most was the drive to learn. And Doki was that much more adamant on making sure he learns it. Thinking back to her academy days..full of struggle due to her own foolish expenses, she kept reminding herself that help was meant to be everywhere. It was just a matter of looking at it correctly.

And here was Kyo. Stringing up his pronunciations and following vowels and syllables. She noticed he seemed stressed. A poor quality to have when one was to learn. She then flipped the cover and pointed his ready finger to the next page. Then she read him the last few sentences. Ending with Red set with the task of delivering her innocent gift basket to her grandmother. The wolf they'll reach tomorrow. "That's all for tonight. We sleep today." She smiled, praising Kyo a little while afterwards.

She closed the book and took it with the intention of not letting him get ahead. Then she blew out the lantern.(which it was conceived all this time despite the fire that was prepared) Though in a roundabout way, Doki thought that by perhaps stirring his curiosity for more knowledge, it would hasten his will and process to learn. Scientifically it often worked for most children than it would in stressful fields.

And anyway, Haki's training was also top priority. She nestled in her own spot besides Haki and closed her eyes.

===========

[[After Kyo's post, we'll fast forward to tomorrow. Need to really get this training thing on the road!~]]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:24 pm
Kyo listened the best he could, he did get stressed over it easily...maybe because he wasn't use to patience? He nodded that it was good enough for tonight because he was TIRED for once after learning something. He crawled into the tent and flopped into the middle bag, sound asleep in seconds and would possibly snuggle Haki or Doki with in the night like a pillow or teddy bear.  

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:32 pm
User Image

Haki blinked awake, bleary eyed, and turned his head to the left a little. He could see the sun starting to rise and shivered a bit, feeling the cold ground through his sleeping bag Mmmm....? he turned back to put his head down and got a face full of red hair "Pbfth!" he jerked his head back, shaking his face to get the smell of Kyo's hair out of his nose and scooted up on his elbows. Blinking, Haki managed a bone cracking yawn, his jaw snapping at the edges as he leaned his head back "....mmmmnnn..."

Can't tell...Don't care.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:46 pm
User Image
Jounin - Village Advisor

Next morning, Doki rose early and defeated dawn. Though of course not before a little snicker at the two boys. Sometimes, even the most annoying of kids or the most difficult were often the most adorable when they were dressed in slumber.

Leaving the tent; She was already up and running. Burying the remains of that fire from last night, the kumo nin then went ahead to scout the areas around. At least a safe half an hour afterwards, Doki returned. She took a third of their provisions and decided to allow the other two to bring on the rest. She would be meditating at the top of one of the trees on higher elevations. She spotted a hawk in the sky some distance away.

Below the tree, was another good open area, surprisingly above the steep flats but well enough to be used. The ground wasn't very slippery due to the access vegetation growing around it but again it was a good spot to train. For a while anyways. She sat on the peak, waiting for the rest of them to wake up and begin.

Motherglare

Fashionable Zealot

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:21 pm
Kyo hair actually smelled like hair dye because he tried to keep it red by redying it, he wanted another color one day, maybe even go back to orange but his hair did smell thickly of hair dye. He was sprawled out over Haki's sleeping bag and his movement didn't even make him wake up cause he was sound asleep. He was drooling too like usual, Shi was still asleep too under his head and both had a snore to themselves.  
☁]| Lightning ○ Country

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games