Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Defense Against Dark Arts {FINALS UP DUE 11-13-10} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you take this class?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
No
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Nite of Storms rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-40)

Nite of Storms

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:25 am
Sonas changes targets and instead focuses on an empty barrel.
"Flippendo!" She shouts her temper besting her.
Again she misses. Biting her lip to contain a scream of fustration she turns in her homework. Preparing to come back later and try the spell yet again.

Nite of Storms rolled 2 20-sided dice: 2, 20 Total: 22 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:33 am
Sonas sits pondering what she's done wrong. She realizes that she's been mispronouncing the spell almost everytime she's cast it. Scolding herself she sits in waiting silence.
Gingerly she gets up from her seat walking to the opposite side of the room. She pulls out her wand and stands ready breathing in deep. Her gaze focuses in on a small bottle.
"Flipendo." She whispers hoping this time her nervousness won't affect her spell casting.

Nite of Storms

Nite of Storms

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:34 am
Finally she gets a decent cast out of the spell. Slowly she gathers her things and slides the glass into the corner to be cleaned up by the house elves later that not. Writing down Lumos and Flipendo she goes to the great outdoors to start practising.  
B-A-Y-F-C rolled 2 20-sided dice: 20, 16 Total: 36 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:23 pm
Still practicing on the practice dummy, Bruce tries again and again to master the knockback jinx. "Flipendo!"  

B-A-Y-F-C

1,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:04 pm
Professor Gris-Ocre waltzes about the class and checks students work, and then takes a seat to organize her gradebook  
B-A-Y-F-C rolled 2 20-sided dice: 20, 11 Total: 31 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:57 pm
Bruce held his wand up to practice the Lumos Charm. "Lumos."  

B-A-Y-F-C

1,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Risky_Popcorn rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 15 Total: 30 (2-40)

Risky_Popcorn

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:13 pm
After finishing the homework, Miranda got up and started practicing the spells they had learned. "Mucus ad nauseam!"  
Risky_Popcorn rolled 2 20-sided dice: 13, 16 Total: 29 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:15 pm
Next, she tried the knockback jinx. "Flipendo!"  

Risky_Popcorn

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Edward 100
Risky_Popcorn rolled 2 20-sided dice: 17, 11 Total: 28 (2-40)

Risky_Popcorn

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:16 pm
Lastly was Lumos. This one seemed easy enough, but usually when Miranda thought that way, things didnt work out, so she did this one to most carefully. "Lumos."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:02 pm
User Image

Amber shutters in her seat. "Oh, the unforgivable curses are so dreadfully awful, aren't they Professor? Could you ever imagine having such a thing used on you? Or worse! Using one of them!?" She shakes her head, awfully glad she hadn't ever had to worry about that before. She sighs. "Anyway, to answer your question, the Unforgivable Curses are unforgivable because they are the three worst curses known to wizardry and will grant mandatory life in Azkaban. They don't forgive anyone who uses them unless they themselves are under the impurius curse."

Stardust Disaster
Crew

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 pm
User Image"The use of one on these curses on me would be horrible, Amber. I have seen them used and they are not pretty, I was in France during the second wizarding war and happend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, I was able to get out of there unharmed but that poor muggle family was not so lucky." Professor Gris-Ocre sighed, thinking about that sad event. "part of the reason I am teaching is to show wizards the devistation that can be caused if you do not think before actions." She took a seat at her desk, turning back to he grading.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:52 am
User Image
Professor Gris-Ocre walked in front of her desk, looking very unhappy but not mad. She was un happy with the classes assignments not being turned in. She stood at the front of the class and waited for silence then said "Hello Students I am here to inform you all that there has been a few of you who have not turned in the last assignment I want you all to do the work so here is one more chance to turn in the assignment. I will give you till Monday 11-8-10 @ 12:00pm (pacific standard time {california time}) to turn them in.
Students who have turned in the assignment on time will be receiving 5 extra credit points. If your name appears on the board you have not turned in lesson 3, not turning in the lesson is not acceptable especially in this class where you are learning to protect yourself from Dark Magic, I know there are those who care not to learn how to protect but harm but I am here to teach defense and I will do so."

Professor Gris-Ocre charmed the chalkboard to list those who have not completed the assignment in color of their house and what class level they are:
Student Name {Level}

Leonette "Leo" Marylin Petronella {1}
Alexis {1}
Bruce {1}
After the chalkboard listed the students Professor Gris-Ocre took her seat again and began planning out the final exam.

Oshenukhar

x_EnDrIa_x rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 14 Total: 30 (2-40)

x_EnDrIa_x

8,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:20 pm
Endria enters the classroom running"I'm sorry professor I lost track of time"she says as she sits down.She reads the lesson and starts her assignment.
"Mucus ad Nauseam "The spell is cast higher than average

x_EnDrIa_x rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 13 Total: 20 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:24 pm
"Flipendo"The spell is cast average  

x_EnDrIa_x

8,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
x_EnDrIa_x rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 15 Total: 26 (2-40)

x_EnDrIa_x

8,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:30 pm
"Lumos"The spell is cast average  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash