Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 27. ✿ - - - Girls
What do you hate most about being a girl? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

S0FAKINGCHEESY

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:41 am

That alot of things a girl can do is considered wrong, but guys can get away with it like if a girls sleeps around she's a whore but a guy is a boss. If a girl is assertive 'pushing' to get what she wants she's a b***h. But a guy is considered a badass.

Oh and the periods, the whole being so emotional deal, and pregnancy thing surprised
even though I've never had kids ~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:10 pm
the thing i hate about being a girl is having your period.  

Hizou_Chan

Shadowy Phantom

14,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Dove_of_Dawn

Distinct Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:41 pm
The double standards. The periods. The social-media standard that society expects everyone to live up to.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:42 pm
I hate how guys underistmate us, and periods! AM I RIGHT GIRLS?! CAN I GET AN AMEN!? hehe sorry, but how they call us weak and like we didnt have rights back then, sometimes i think its eaiser if we were guys  

Blossom1_k

8,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100

L4uren

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:51 pm
The double standards, the periods, the worry that you're gonna MISS your period, the weight gain, the inevitable emotions, and how insecure I get.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 pm
Not sure if I've posted already but who cares:

• Painful, burdensome periods
• Uncomfortable bras
• Dudes tellin me what I can and can't do
• And that girls are so hard on themselves, sometimes they project those expectations on other girls too. :/

We all just need to be free imo emotion_kirakira

The Maharani

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:13 pm
I've done my best to appreciate being a woman in this world. I used to find so much negative stuff about it and would say, "I hate being a girl. I wouldn't change my gender, but wow - some of the stuff we put up with."

I used to hate being a girl because:

-I didn't feel that I was always taken seriously because the society I have been exposed to was often times male dominated.

-I hated that I had that time of the month to deal with because it could happen anywhere at anytime and guys would sometimes make fun of it like if a girl said she had cramps they'd imitate a whiny voice and say, "Ow! The cramps!" I mean, they don't even know!

-For a while it seemed like every time I dated a guy - it was only because they wanted to get into my pants.

-I hated the fact that guys could get a girl pregnant with one little swimmer and we'd be stuck with the burden of carrying the baby for 9 months.

-I didn't enjoy the mindsets of those who think that a woman's only duty in life is to have children, clean house, cook, and take care of everybody.

-I hated that it was stereotyped that the bride's family generally pays for the wedding when the man only pays for the rock to put on her finger - no matter how much the cost of it.

-I hated the whole, "Girls love pink and guys love blue," because that isn't always true. I love a lot of different colors and pink is my least favorite! I'd end up getting birthday gifts that were mainly colored pink and would get a bit annoyed, but had a hard time not appreciating gifts that people were happy to give me.

-I absolutely hate the, "She's a girl - she can't say no to a diamond!" Oh yes, I can say no! I don't really wear jewelry because it's a pain to keep up with, sometimes I forget to put it on and if I do wear jewelry - I don't like getting hassled if it doesn't match my outfit.

-I always hated how it was girls that got played because we would truly fall in love with somebody and the whole time a guy would pretend that they loved the girl. We were often too blind to see it because we could see the good in them.

However, this is what I have learned about loving to be a woman...

-There are people in this world who will take me seriously and sometimes women are even more of an inspiration when they fight for what they believe in because they want to be heard, know they deserve to be heard, and strive to wits end to fight for what is right.

-Having a period isn't all that bad. If you don't want to go out or hang out with somebody that may be obnoxious - you can just say, "I'm not feeling too well today," and sit around and watch movies biggrin

-Not every single guy dated me to get into my pants. There was that one guy that I ended up married and even in marriage - it isn't all about the sex. There's so much more than that! I was grateful to run into a guy that didn't try to get into my pants just so he could say, "I did it with her!" and leave.

-The miracle of life is a wonderful thing. It truly is amazing that we are capable of carrying a child for 9 months as well as producing food for the baby.

-Not every guy out there believes that a woman's only duties are to have children, clean house, cook, and take care of everybody. There are guys out there that want to be able to contribute as much as a woman does.

-After looking at prices of wedding rings, rings can be expensive and cost more than the wedding itself depending on the guy's budget. I remember getting married, and my husband and I both pitched in our own funds to pay for our wedding, and we had some help moneywise from both sides of the family.

-I'm usually grateful for whatever gift I receive as long as it doesn't have a bad intention to it, and after a while didn't care what color it was. I can look past the physical appearance of the gift and dive deeper to see what it meant from the person that gave it to me. Gifts can have strong meanings if someone put love and care into that gift.

-If I ever receive jewelry, I could eventually sell it, give it to somebody who would wear it more than I would, or keep it around and hope there's a use for it one day. I usually tell people at times around meeting them that I'm not much of a jewelry person and if they get me jewelry for a gift, not to expect me to even remember to wear it an awful lot. I do my best to feel good with the way I dress and what I choose to wear and choose not to wear. I don't get hassled for not wearing jewelry and even if I do wear jewelry that doesn't match and someone asks me about it, I just usually say that it carries a significant meaning for me and holds a special place in my heart.

-In my life, I have talked to other guys as friends, and found out it's not only girls that get played badly. There are many stories I have heard of guys being badly played as well. Both genders can get played and many times - it's downright ugly and hurtful. Not only girls get fooled into being played, but guys, too. After dating a couple guys that were players - I was able to spot how they act after that. Certain things they do and certain lines they use can tell a girl a lot.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:30 pm
Miscarrages and Stillborns, hands down  

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:58 pm
I don't like the double standards, but this one I hate the most:

If a girl calls a lot, always wants to check up on her boyfriend: she's clingy
If a guy does that: He's amazing, caring, and supportive.

Also, girls in news media being the standard for all girls to follow. At times we're expected to act like them, admire them, look like them, and have the same life goals as them. Not all of us want to be Taylor Swifts, Selena Gomezes, Jennifer Lawrences, or whoever else the heck is popular. This also goes for fictional female characters in books and movies where if the situation were in reality, would not look beautiful all the time, have a composed mind, and would actually be quite messy looking and batshit insane. But I digress.

My biggest pet peeve: People assuming that I, one unique snowflake in a snowdrift of other unique flakes, am the stupid, gaga-eyed bubblegum-bubble-headed love-obsessed teenage girl that likes all of the things girls my age are 'supposed' to like. Who are you to say that we're supposed to like these things that music, film, television, and other media conglomerates churn out constantly just to be bought by us (or our parents)? Why should girls be obligated to like it just because it was built to cater to that audience? I am not a predictable sheep!

One of the rudest things a boy has ever said to me was 'Why don't you like music that girls are supposed to like, like pop and Jonas Brothers and all that stuff? Why do you like metal?' (This was before Justin Bieber was a star, and actually, the music I was listening to at the time wasn't metal). I mean, what the actual ********>  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:01 pm
The drama. The bloody week. The mood swings.  

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:02 pm
Holy crud. I never thought about that before, but dang you're right!
That makes me pretty peeved too.

Opscotch
Men on TV can be fat and ugly (subjective lol ) because nobody cares about appealing to the female demographic. For example have you ever watched FX when they're showing a movie and they have the two hosts. A woman and a man. They recently changed it to where he looks MUCH better..but they use to just have him in a slumpy t-shirt and unkempt hair ( and he's a bit pudgy ) and then they'd have the scrawny woman next to him in a low cut top and nice fitting clothes freaking sticking her tits out everywhere. -_- It's like if your gonna have a casual guy, have a casual girl too!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:53 am
itscatherinedude

That alot of things a girl can do is considered wrong, but guys can get away with it like if a girls sleeps around she's a whore but a guy is a boss. If a girl is assertive 'pushing' to get what she wants she's a b***h. But a guy is considered a badass.

Oh and the periods, the whole being so emotional deal, and pregnancy thing surprised
even though I've never had kids ~

The fact that some females have used periods as an excuse to be a b***h doesn't help those of us who seriously do get stereotypical PMS. emo  

Commander Sigma

Mega Man-Lover

T i f a

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:03 pm
I don't know if I could pick just one... sweatdrop

Currently, what I hate most about it is how girls are expected to style their hair when they have to look nice, but guys don't really have to do anything. My hair is difficult for some reason and I suck at styling it.

Another thing is how it's socially acceptable for guys to have body hair, but it isn't for girls...Even though girls have varying amounts of body hair too and it didn't used to be an issue in the past. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely for shaving legs and armpits, but I think it's ridiculous that some guys/girls expect girls to be absolutely hairless except for the hair on their head and their eyebrows.

Well...Okay, I guess it can be boiled down to women are expected to put so much work into their bodies, but men aren't. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:50 pm
Miscarrages/stillborns. worse than any period  

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200

not gay tony

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400