Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

Androgynous Dusk

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:26 pm
Hmmmm, I have recently got into Mpreg, my poison being Snarry Mpreg, with Snape as the pregnant one  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:04 pm
Remus J. Lupin-Black
I imagine if there was magic to bring a person back to life, it's probably Blood Magic which is mostly likely under the category of Dark Magic, as with the potion/spell that brought good old Voldemort back. That was Blood Magic. Of course, so is the protection over Harry while he's at the Dursley's. Simple and effective Blood Magic. In Druid and Wiccan society (the actual old world societies not this new aged bullshit) Blood Magic was insanely powerful and very delicate.

Just a thought.

As for MPreg. No offense, but as a male, I will say this: the male body can not handle a pregnancy. Not only in there no womb in the body but the simple fact is, males haven't the correct hormones in order to care for the child properly. MPreg spells or whatever the ******** reason you have to torture us gay males don't make them males. It makes them women. I don't care if he still has his d**k at the end of it, getting pregnant and having a baby is for girls. 'Nuff said. Why do you think I respect women so much. They put up with a lot of s**t. Of course, try being a gay male for a week and we might have something to talk about...

I'm ranting. sweatdrop Sorry, I'll stop now.
I see your point, Lupin-sensei , even if it *is* a bit skewed seeing as how I'm a bisexual FEMALE-fangirl (Damn x-chromosomes get really irratating sometimes- not that I'm trans- they just get in the way...like elbows! heart ) But I still love the m-preg. Adoption is cute, one of my characters for a story I'm writing gets adopted by two guys, however; seeing Sirius-San's and Lupin-Sensei's (or whomever the m-preg is about) genes get all mixed up into a bundle of fluffy cute is just TOO cute!  

Tabatha_Twitchet

Minako Reishki

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:43 pm
my take on M-Preg is that its kewl....i mean for other fandoms that dont have magic...it may be farfetched yes but use your imagination....

Ive always liked the idea of mpreg..well of course after i discovered slash pairings....but yeah i always liked it...  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:51 pm
I'm not against MPreg or anything. I mean, in SOME fanfiction, I think it could fit. But, I like to see at least SOME bit of logic in my fanfiction, and MPreg just really doesn't have any.

queerduck

Tamsyn Marvene Riddle

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:33 am
depends upon the situation (of age, in school, voldie still alive ect.) but it really grows on you... i started out think it was okay.. not great but not really weird and now i look for it on occasion...  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:34 am
KitKatKandyBar
depends upon the situation (of age, in school, voldie still alive ect.) but it really grows on you... i started out think it was okay.. not great but not really weird and now i look for it on occasion...
Oh and I forgot to mention that it kinda has to make sense how it happens (like someone explains it to whoever is preggers or the male in question has taken some potion or had a spell put on him or something... yeah...  

Tamsyn Marvene Riddle

S e r e n i t y Demise

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:29 pm
Personaly, I'm not a fan on MPreg. I don't know, there's just something about it that, I'm not even sure. I just don't like it. It's alright for those who do. Its just never grinded my gear.

And how is that baby supposed to come out? o.O

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:05 pm
I have to say that, since this is a magical world we're talking about, MPreg would be possible. I love the concept of a man (who is in love with another man) getting pregnant and having a family with said man. Who are we to deny them that right, even if it's in our imagination? And seriously, can't you just see scrawny little Harry Potter preggers? It's quite cute if you ask me.  

Uke Incognito

S e r e n i t y Demise

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:38 pm
Reminds me of a Charmed episode where Leo was pregnant.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:47 am
Uke Incognito
I have to say that, since this is a magical world we're talking about, MPreg would be possible. I love the concept of a man (who is in love with another man) getting pregnant and having a family with said man. Who are we to deny them that right, even if it's in our imagination? And seriously, can't you just see scrawny little Harry Potter preggers? It's quite cute if you ask me.

3nodding

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

Yaoi_cutie

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:52 am
::*shudder*
The first MPreg fic I ever read was when I was 11 or 12 and just getting into HP slash. That was back when I didn't read/understand most of the warnings on fics. The fic I read had something to do with Voldemort raping Harry while he was carrying Ron's child. Evidently this rape was somehow supposed to kill Harry and mess up his child. It was graphic and scary and I've stayed away from MPreg ever since.
I suppose if I found a good fic with MPreg in it, I'd read it. I'm with lots of people in this guild who think that pregnancy is for women. It's not me being gender-biased. It's just something that a man and a woman can do, and not a man and a man. Yet. Whoever said something about being more impressed by a fic that follows the struggles two men have trying to adopt a child, I agree with you completely.
It doesn't really bother me, but if I saw it in the warning list of a fic I certainly wouldn't shout for joy.::

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:40 pm
ahaha.
yaoi_cutie, that is the FUNNIEST thing I've heard all day ^^  

queerduck

thatdrncat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:53 pm
I sometimes get freaked out by it. I suppose it depends on how the story is written.. But also, I have trouble reading them without getting too in-depth- I always think they're going to go off on some scientific thing to find out WHY the man is pregnant, but they never do... eek  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:12 am
S e r e n i t y Demise
Personaly, I'm not a fan on MPreg. I don't know, there's just something about it that, I'm not even sure. I just don't like it. It's alright for those who do. Its just never grinded my gear.

And how is that baby supposed to come out? o.O

-jumps up-Oh! I can explain! X3 In some fics they usually take a potion right before the birth that makes their lower half female so the baby can pass through normaly, if not that then a C section.(Read:Time, Truth and Sacrifice and several of the authoress other works) In other fics it's through the navel, but that just adds moe drama for the romance. In some fics, they're gender is switched sometime in the second trimester. It can happen alot of other ways but these are the most common...I think.  

Androgynous Dusk

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:32 am
Although I have tolerated it before in certain fics because my friends love mpreg, I am not a huge fan of it. Maybe it's just the fact that it is absolutely impossible for a male to get pregnant. As Remus said previously, somewhere, men don't have a womb, nor do their hormones do the same as women's hormones. For example, FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone... guess what THAT does?), for men produce sperm, and FSH for women produces estrogen that works on many different parts of the reproductive system to prepare them for a baby. Unless people were to totally reconstruct the male body, than he could never, ever have a baby. And, again I agree with Remus, if one were to go to such lengths to get a man pregnant, than in the end, he would no longer be a man. He would become an it: neither man nor woman.

Anyway, yes. That's the opinion of a HP slash lover that is, unfortunately enough for mpreg ideologists, also in love with Biology.

HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff