Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Tamora Pierce Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

12l531

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:43 pm
The Will of the Empress was okay, i didn't like the ending much. The circle of magic seraise was pretty good, i only read the first book. I have read the Trickster's choice it was good to  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:11 pm
Only a few more months until the second Beka Cooper book comes out~ n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

EightBitBlonde

Beloved Darling

8,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:19 pm
I am a rabid fan of Tamora Pierce and have read all the books she's dished out (including the comic, White Tiger) C: Some I prefer more than others as many others do, I prefer her older series compared the the newer (excluding Beka Cooper) I first read 'The Immortals' quartet in grade five and to this day it's my favorite series.

I got the chance to meet Tamora Pierce when Beka Cooper was first released at a book signing, my two friends and I were 3 of the maybe, 20 something other girls who showed up and got to talk to her for quite a while, she was amazingly nice C: Signed both my copy of Beka Cooper and my very first (of 2) ratty, old, falling apart copy of 'Wild Magic' and to this day I sleep with it beside my bed C:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:36 pm
I am a huge fan of Tamora Pierce. At least, her early works. I've readmy copies of the immortals so many times that the binding just sits open when I lay it down hahaha. My Lioness books are slowly getting there as well.  

Ignorance Xx is xX Bliss

babie3000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:22 pm
I have read all of her books and i like them all but my favorite is the Immortals series  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:35 pm
I used to love the Tamora Pierce books but I really need to reread them now. My favorite was the "Circle of Magic" series. The "Immortals" series is my second favorite.  

Asahi10

music_of_shadows

Cluttered Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:44 pm
I just recently finished Melting Stones, and I thought it was good, though certainly not my favorite of the books she's written. The ending ... well, the book didn't have an actual ending, it just abruptly stopped. That was the main thing that annoyed me, other than that I enjoyed the book. Rikash will always be my favorite character, but Luvo's not too far behind.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:50 pm
I recently read Melting Stones too and loved it. My favorite is still Terrier and I can not wait for Blood Hound (second one in the Terrier series) comes out. I hope she puts a little more Rosto action in the series. I love that guy xd  

RedEntrapy

Hilarious Gaian

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Guy in Boxes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:11 pm
I really like all Tamora Pierce books. I can't say I really have a favorite though, but I did tear through Melting Stones (read it all in one night). But still have no favorites. Also did anyone else find Alanna a little whiny in the book The Woman Who Rides Like a Man???  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 pm
Guy in Boxes
I really like all Tamora Pierce books. I can't say I really have a favorite though, but I did tear through Melting Stones (read it all in one night). But still have no favorites. Also did anyone else find Alanna a little whiny in the book The Woman Who Rides Like a Man???

Yes! and I hated how in the 1st book she was "I'm not getting married I just want to be a knight!" then in the other books she was banging every majour (good) male character!  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Guy in Boxes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:51 pm
I know its like make up your mind about how you feel already. You've been at this for three books already  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:14 pm
I can honestly say that I remember nothing about The Woman Who Rides Like a Man or the fourth book, the name of which escapes me at the moment. XDD Well, I remember a few random parts about the Bazhir. I never got around to buying the last two books. Just the first two of the quartet, and those two I got from the library.  

NightIntent
Captain

puppy-chan27

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:23 pm
I'm a new fan for her thanks to -points up- Guy in Boxes.
He practically forced me to read them at the library
^-^"
XDDD
i didnt mind though. I REALLY liked the Circle of Magic and the Circle Opens series. Trisana Chandler is my favorite character out of the four. I think I like her the most cuz she's the most like me out of the four.
But I also usually like the weather mage type (at least the controlling wind part. Aang in Avatar is my fav character too).
XDDD
-weird-
ANYWAYS>>> yeah I really like her books and i just started The Will of the Empress. And it will take a while before i finish it, you can ask Guy in Boxes. XDD He complains about how slow i read.
ITS CUZ I WANT TO SAVOR EVERY WORD! 3nodding
XD
QUESTION: For those who read COM and CO, does my avi kinda look like Tris?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:28 pm
puppy-chan27
I'm a new fan for her thanks to -points up- Guy in Boxes.
He practically forced me to read them at the library
^-^"
XDDD
i didnt mind though. I REALLY liked the Circle of Magic and the Circle Opens series. Trisana Chandler is my favorite character out of the four. I think I like her the most cuz she's the most like me out of the four.
But I also usually like the weather mage type (at least the controlling wind part. Aang in Avatar is my fav character too).
XDDD
-weird-
ANYWAYS>>> yeah I really like her books and i just started The Will of the Empress. And it will take a while before i finish it, you can ask Guy in Boxes. XDD He complains about how slow i read.
ITS CUZ I WANT TO SAVOR EVERY WORD! 3nodding
XD
QUESTION: For those who read COM and CO, does my avi kinda look like Tris?

i do not say you read to slow. i just said that you read slower, and i think your avi does look like Tris  

Guy in Boxes

puppy-chan27

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:35 pm
Guy in Boxes

i do not say you read to slow. i just said that you read slower, and i think your avi does look like Tris

yes u did.
well, at least u said it ONCE....or twice
XD
and thank you
I think your avi looks like Briar. 3nodding
i wish i could buy sum fancy stuff to go on my avi though sweatdrop
So im guessin that Briar is your fav character?
wink  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces