Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Contest
Contest Suggestion Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What art contests would you like to see in 2011?
  Please post your suggestions!
View Results

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:23 am
Sapphirianna
Simply Indigo
I may keep fanart as the theme for November. What do you all think?

If you don't like that idea, what idea do you suggest?

Sure! Can it be of anything, like Legend of Zelda or other things?

If that is what everyone wants to do, then yes, the contest will cover fan art of all things.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:44 pm
For November, are we going to have a thanksgiving theme with the Pilgrims and the Indians?  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

Hardrock_Cafe

Aged Smoker

8,400 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:26 am
Yeah fanart will be good, since i guess not everyone in this guild celebrates Thanksgiving (like me, im from europe). Since i think it will be much entries as well, we can put them in categories for craziest, funniest etc. Some of us in the crew can donate some extra gold or items for prizes.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blech, Thanksgiving. I would much rather do the fanart theme.

User Image

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am
I agree with you guys! We should make the contest enjoyable to EVERYONE. Having a thanksgiving contest would leave some people out and that just wouldn't be fair.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:10 am
My Idea: I think a anime character contest would be nice, You would draw a movie character from animes and it would be judged on how well it was drawn, shading, colour and creativity.
When it would be?: november and for half a month
What Prizes would the winners receive?: Grand prize: 40k, 2nd prize: 20k, 3rd prize: 10k, 4th prize:5k, runner-up prize: 2k  

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:58 pm
Xx--Erisabesu-san--xX
My Idea: I think a anime character contest would be nice, You would draw a movie character from animes and it would be judged on how well it was drawn, shading, colour and creativity.
When it would be?: november and for half a month
What Prizes would the winners receive?: Grand prize: 40k, 2nd prize: 20k, 3rd prize: 10k, 4th prize:5k, runner-up prize: 2k

I like it!

If you run the contest and everything, I'll sponsor it. smile
You can set up the thread at any time.

It can run from Nov 1st - 15th.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:57 pm
Came across this somehow: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/spire-isle-an-oc-tournament-o-a/t.57360857/

Seems like a nice contest idea. smile A bit labor-intensive, though.

Edit/ Crap! Sorry for not posting a form. O.e Wouldn't know how to fill it up anyway. And, it's not really my idea. Just something I came across. sweatdrop  

ahrain cynath

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:59 pm
ahrain cynath
Came across this somehow: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/spire-isle-an-oc-tournament-o-a/t.57360857/

Seems like a nice contest idea. smile A bit labor-intensive, though.

Edit/ Crap! Sorry for not posting a form. O.e Wouldn't know how to fill it up anyway. And, it's not really my idea. Just something I came across. sweatdrop

An OC battle? That sounds like a cool idea! :O

Maybe I'll do a poll to see just how many people in the guild actually have OCs?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:27 pm
@Pandie: That's a good idea. smile If they don't have one, I guess they can make one?  

ahrain cynath

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Quvi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:28 pm
An OC Battle sounds fun. I have an old OC I made YEARS ago (for an OC battle) and completely forgot about until I saw this thread.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:25 am
You're right, they could.

Would the battle be more of a role play or a "battle with art"?

Or maybe both?  

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200

Quvi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:47 pm
The format that's linked above seems pretty good. If you want to put your own spin on the rules, then that would need a bit more thinking smile

I personally like the "battle with art" concept, where you make a tournament-like bracket, and have judges decide who would win based on their abilities/personality/strengths/weaknesses, etc. You can also have the victor decided with dice rolls, group polls, etc.

No godmode hax characters allowed, of course.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:09 am
New "Contest" Idea - Daily Drawing Contest

For one month, each participant must draw and post the result every single day by 12am (whatever timezone is most common). The winner will be determined by the amount of their improvement over the course of this "contest". (Probably will allow a few days of leniency, but missing too many days will result in a disqualification. Three strikes = out?)

The underlying meaning behind this contest is obvious; to improve yourself. Too often, we envy others without ever trying to ACHIEVE that level we so desire. This will hopefully help all the participants to grow in their own way.

I think plenty of people outside the guild will be interested in something like this as well, so if we advertise right, we could have a lot of participants (and new members?) smile  

Quvi

ahrain cynath

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:09 am
I like your idea, Quvi. It's certainly motivating. 3nodding  
Contest

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games