Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Draconic Ritual Q&A ^.=.^ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:07 pm
Dori-Ryuu
You talk about pushing belief on others (FOR A ******** WORD THAT WAS IN THE DICTIONARY BTW) when all you do is the same s**t.
Actually no. If you can show me one instance of when I relied on my privilege to go against your rights to self identify in an accurate fashion, I'll be glad to review it, but I know for a fact that you cannot.

Quote:
I will NOT sit here and have you ******** people insult my practice and WHAT I BELIEVE IN.
What you believe in is wrong- in so much that the claim that these beings are dragons.

Be a snake worshiper. That would at least be accurate.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:08 pm
Dori-Ryuu
OK, I'm done. You people are ******** nuts. You talk about pushing belief on others (FOR A ******** WORD THAT WAS IN THE DICTIONARY BTW) when all you do is the same s**t.

Actually, we don't.
You seem to be misunderstanding what's being said here.
You are projecting your interpretation of what you perceive dragons are onto our gods and stating that that is what they are.
We, in turn, are asking probing questions about your "religion".

Dori-Ryuu
You insult, and demean peoples belief

Actually, I'm passing comment on the historical and cultural veracity of your tradition. I'm not being particularly nice about it, but then you have done nothing to endear yourself to anyone here.
You have been intolerant, impatient, arrogant and mean-spirited.
What were you expecting to reap from this?

Dori-Ryuu
My patience has worn out.

If you have patience, you have not displayed it here.

Dori-Ryuu
I hope its a short one.

This about sums it up.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:08 pm
TeaDidikai
Dori-Ryuu

If you feel that is racist, then I apologize, blame the heritage dictionary because i copy pasted the definition from the dictionary website.
The dictionary did not make you violate the protests of someone based on your privilege. You're responsible for your own actions- no one else.

And yes, justifying those actions highlights how racist it is.

Also, CĂș is in a better position than anyone at Heritage dictionary to provide a translation. It is his discretion as well to correct any word they would use to translate a Gael term and to explain why such an English term is inappropriate, as he is an excellent speaker of his own language. It is also at his discretion to correct any of us, regardless of what any English dictionary has to say.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:17 pm
AngryRobotsInc.

User Image
Perhaps some pictures will get it through.

OMG.
rofl .
Permission to steal?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:20 pm
Be my guest. I picked up from somewhere I have long since forgotten.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:33 pm
So this thread boils down to:
"I read these beings were dragons in a DJ Conway Book! Thus, I practice an ancient family tradition, that involves a lack of scholarship, historical revisionism and thoughtforms we insist are dragons, despite what the peoples who actually spoke of these beings have to say on the matter."  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:55 pm
And we are done here folks. I swear, all of you wait until I leave for a couple of hours to make threads explode with the drama.

You don't have to go home, but you ain't playing here no more.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff