Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coffee Stains & Crumpled Paper -- A Writers Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for writers of all kinds. 

Tags: writing, prose, poetry, writers, reading 

Reply Roleplay
Dragon Chronicles:Gods of War, and Times of Peace OPEN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:18 pm
Again, Delia had to have opened her mouth. It had to be a talent of hers, getting right to the parts that no one wants to talk about. Maybe it was a good thing for her to have been cast out of society, there were fewer chances of having such awkward conversations.

"Oh." Was again, all she managed to say to that. This place had such a history of death and destruction, it seemed to be a miracle they hadn't just blown up her small ship while they had the chance.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:31 pm
Longshot shrugged. "This is the world you're in now. You can still leave if you want." He started walking away, footsteps echoing down the hallway. "If you want to leave, just say. I can drop you off anywhere you want, after my mission." He stopped, and glanced back, his eyes covered by his hat. "But if you do stay... you'll see things you didn't think possible."
And with that, he was away.

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:39 pm
Delia watched Longshot as he walked away. His words sent a thrill of fear down her spine. She might be afraid, but she could never leave. Not of her own accord, anyway. If she left she would have nowhere to go, literally. There was no place for neo-humans in the universe, except for the Shadow Corp. Delia could think of one other though, she had heard from other neo's about what the puppeteer was doing with them. Using them as expendable soldiers, giving not one thought when one, or many, of them died. No, She wasnted to be in the Shadow Corp.

Delia went inside her room, she caught a glimpse of her face in the mirror and started. Her skin was pale, it was usually more olive-toned to go with her Italian heritage, but she looked positively gaunt. She ran her hands through her hair and took out the hair tie that held it up. Delia fell down onto the bed, and without even taking off her shoes, fell into a slumber.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:43 pm
Longshot walked into his room, sitting down and taking off his hat. He looked into the mirror, and was slightly shocked.
He was crying. "Dammit man... get over it." He sighed, removing his glasses and rubbing his eyes, before laying his glasses on the table, taking off his jacket and moving to the bed.
He lay down, and closed his eyes, an image of his brother haunting his sleep.

A few hours later, there was a knock on his door. "Sergio, it's Jack. Get up. We're almost there."
Jack walked away, as Longshot slowly started to get ready, heading towards Delia's room.
"Delia." He knocked a few times. "It's Jack. Time for the Operation."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:48 pm
Delia heard the knocks and woke up rather easily. She tied her hair back again and straightened her sleep rumpled clothes. She felt much more rested, but no more confindent about the mission. She opened the door of her room and stepped out to meet Jack. She was ready, she had to be.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:00 pm
"Well, well, well. Someone looks confident." Jack smiled, before turning around as a yawn pierced the quiet hallway.
"Man, I'm sleepy." Longshot yawned again, covering his mouth. "I envy the fact you don't need sleep Jack."
"Yeah well..." Jack shrugged. "Remember, I may not need to sleep, eat or breathe, but there's a lot I can't do."
"Like?"
"Have kids, for one."
There was an awkward silence between the two, before Longshot smirked. "Chaos managed."
"Uhh...." Jack froze, looking for a comeback. "... Oh yeah. I forgot."
"How else would YOU be here?" Longshot started laughing.

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:05 pm
"Well, I really feel like I'm missing some information here, but something tells me I don't want to know." Delia looked at the two men, it was a good sign that Longshot was laughing, it wasn't really the best situation they had parted in earlier.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:09 pm
"Uuuh..." Jack's face was blank. "Right... yeah... Chaos is my ancestor. First known person to have the Humundo Zalmair. Basically, Zalmair 'kills' you to give you immortality and eternal youth. Along with power. Lots and lots of power. Of course, with death, there comes a few problems, which I won't get into. Although, how I'm here, I still don't really know." He walked away, shrugging. "I seriously don't understand it, the doctors said I couldn't have kids."
Longshot was still laughing, then winked at Delia. "Don't worry. He won't tell you anything you don't want to here, but he's very very open about almost all aspects of his life to anyone in the Shadow Corp. Just ask him, or any of us, and we'll tell you what we can."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:20 pm
"Hmm, I'll have to remember that." Delia smirked a bit. It was too easy for her to feel comfortable with the two men, most likely because they weren't making a big show of what was about to happen, yet anyways.

"So," Delia hated to sound like a whiney kid, but she couldn't hold in her curiosity any longer, "are we almost to the planet then?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:25 pm
"Hmm... Yeah." Longshot seemed slightly distant. "We're almost there. Then we go the rest of the way in a shuttle, land on the surface and move into the city. It's going to be difficult... but it has to be the LEAST defended area on the whole planet." He scratched his chin, slowly walking forward, his mind still away. "So... if we move into the city this way... we could.... and then... no, that wouldn't work..." He start mumbling, his mind going over every possible strategy when...
WHAM
"OW! CRAP! MY NOSE!" Longshot shouted, holding his nose. "DAMMIT! WHO THE HELL PUT THIS DOOR HERE!?"

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:37 pm
((OMG! I just got it, I think! What you've ben keeping from me. You're going to make me go alone, aren't you? Your characters don't seem to be naturally clumsy...))

Delia jumped a bit, startled by Longshot. She tried not to laugh when she saw him holding his nose, but it was an uphill battle.

"Are you okay?" She asked him, managing not to laugh. For someone of such high ranking, that was rather clumsy. "I'm sorry to inform you, but that door's been there for at least as long as I have."  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:39 pm
(( Heh heh... no no no. It's much worse. ))

"Argh..." Longshot growled. "Yeah, I'm alright... dammit." He sighed, walking away. "Right, come on. Jack has your weapons in the hanger, we're leaving soon." He growled again, rubbing his nose. "Dammit."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:54 pm
((Then what the hell was the point of him walking into a door!?))

Delia watched Longshot for a moment more, an expression mixed between worry and amusement on her face. She looked away form him when they started walking once more.

"You said weapons, you mean that I'll need more than just a sniper rifle?" She ahd also been trained, if that was even the correct term for what had happened, in hand to hand combat. All the indicators were there that they weren't planning on this going easily and smoothly. But then again, Delia tried to reconcile with the thought, it could all just be normal precautions.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:11 pm
(( I dunno. I like throwing random funny s**t in. ))

Longshot nodded. "You'll be given a close range weapon, probably a short sword or katana. An SMG, probably an E-P90. A P90 is a human weapon, the E stands for energy, we use them just with energy rounds instead of kinetic rounds. Along with stun grenades, frag grenades, plasma grenades, medical supplies, breaching charges, mines, remote explosives, signal beacons..." He smiled, holding his left arm up and tapping his ACU. "90% of it will be stored in this bad boy. It's got nanites that can store things. Armour, items, some weapons. Most weapons you have to carry on you, but your SMG can fit in it."
He kept walking, more and more people passing the two now. "Right, you won't actually be getting your own sniper... You'll be using mine."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:21 pm
Delia listened to the names of the weapons without saying anything. Longhsot had just listed eleven things, twelve if she counted the sniper. His sniper. Now she not only had to worry about actually using the sniper rifle, but not breaking it either. She was sure that if she mesed up one of the highest ranked people in the Shadow Corp's weapon, well, it would not go down well.

"So, I'm assuming that there in fact is reason to believe that this may not go down smoothly. Or is it just normal procedure to be carrying more weapons then you can remember?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff