Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Eyes of the Ocean Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Autodidactic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:48 pm
William dug his fingers into the fluff of the rug and stared at the ground sadly, drawing his knees up to his chest. "That is a sad thing, Shiva. I mean, I know you have to do the right thing for your people, but what about the right thing for you? What about your happiness? It's not fair to potentially sacrifice your well-being at the hands of an arranged marriage for the sake of your people. It might be noble, but it's not fair."

He said this quietly, but his voice bounced off of the tiled walls of the large bathroom. He couldn't stand the sound of his own voice.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:55 pm
Shiva shook her head to stop herself from crying, "That's why...when I have given Coralia its new healers, I'll break my Soul Jewel. I will have nothing else to offer Coralia anymore and I don't want to have an arranged marriage. I know I sound selfish and scared like a little guppy, but I...I just want to be with my family."  

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

Autodidactic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:22 pm
William jerked his head up and he watched Shiva as she spoke. As she did, it seemed to him like that ever-present glow that seemed to shine through her skin from the inside, dulled.

"That is....No....You shouldn't do that. You never know how things are going to turn out. Maybe the merman you marry will be a wonderful man and you two will love each other deeply. You can't possibly know that yet. Just have hope." He lifted her chin with his hand, revealing misty blue eyes that seemed to see eternity. "Everything is going to be alright." He said, trying to sound as confidant as he could, though he knew that he had no authority to make such a claim, he knew nothing of her life, but he did know that he had so much to offer the world, despite her own affirmations against it.

"I promise." He added, forming a resolution in his mind that he would fix everything. He didn't know how or even if he could, but he would. He would do anything. He smiled at her, trying to rally her spirits and elicit a response. She was so much more beautiful when she was smiling.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:30 pm
Shiva looked at him and smiled with tears in her eyes. Her tail lifted and bit as she slid out of the tub and rolled onto the floor. The light came again and she was in the clothes that she was wearing before she got in the water, her legs were back. "I don't know if I will ever get used to that change," she got up and went over to him wrapping her arms around him tightly, "Thank you...the day I do return, I will do everything I can to see you. Actually..." she blushed a bit, suddenly nervous, "There is...something I want to give you."  

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

Autodidactic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:40 pm
William shielded his eyes as the flash of light signified her transformation. Magic. He still couldn't quite wrap his mind around it.

"I don't know if I will either." He replied to her statement about getting used to the transformation. He got to his knees and pulled the plug at the bottom of the tub, the water gurgled loudly through the plumbing as it drained out.

He hugged her back with vigor. She was the perfect size to hug, she was shorter than him but seemed very strong.

"Another gift? You do too much." He said, kissing her on the forehead.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:48 pm
Shiva smiled at him and scootched back a bit, "This one...I want you to have. So that, the day I do go back, I will never be far away from you," she placed her hands over her chest and opened them to their sides. Flecks of magic began forming from her hands. It formed in the center as a small sphere and then it glowed a golden color. The glow stopped and a beautiful crystal blue jewel was in her hands. She placed the jewel in his hands and then her body fell against his and her eyes were closed.  

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

Autodidactic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:53 pm
William watched in awe. She unfolded more mysteries with every action she did. He stood motionless as he watched the jewel materialize in her hands. When she put it in his hands it seemed surprisingly heavy for it's size. He wrapped his fingers around it, feeling it seem to pulse. When Shiva collapsed he caught her and fell to his knees.

"Hey, are you ok? This can't be what I think it is. I...I don't have anything to give you in return."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:00 pm
Shiva panted a bit looking at him, "It's...part of my Soul Jewel. You don't have to give me anything in return. Just one thing...promise to keep that safe. Giving this to you, is the ultimate trust. It will protect you when I am not around, I just don't want you hurt," she rested her head against him, "I am tired though...its normal though."  

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

Autodidactic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:07 pm
William grasped the jewel tightly. "Thank you." He whispered, there was nothing more to say.

"Let me take you to my bed. You can sleep there."

He adjusted his posture and lifted her in his arms. She was heavy with sleep. He walked carefully out of the bathroom and across the bright hallway. His room was comparatively dark, he had thick curtains that were always drawn, as he was prone to headaches and often took naps. He cursed himself for having not made his bed in the morning. He placed her gently on the bed and arranged the covers on top of her. He tucked her in and kissed her again on the forehead. He felt very protective of her, almost as if she was a little sister. She looked so tiny in the bed.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:21 pm
Shiva's eyes were heavy with sleep and they closed as he took her into his room. She sighed contently as she was laid on his bed. She almost instantly fell asleep and looking at the bed, he could see that her feet were moving back and forth, like an unconscious action since her legs replaced her tail  

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

Autodidactic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:29 pm
William stroked her long blue hair as her breaths became deep and steady. He chuckled quietly when he noticed her legs, which were swaying as if they were still a tail. "You are a weird one." He said in a barely audible whisper.

He slowly stood up off of the bed, being careful not to stir her. He opened his fist, the piece of jewel still there. It seemed almost to glow and cast a strange blue light on his hand. It was breathtaking. He crossed to his closet and retrieved one of the many little pouches that he had, the kind that you can get at gift shops and fill with polished stones to buy. He was a sucker for polished stones and curiosities. He picked out one made of a higher quality velvet and put the jewel inside of it, then slipped it into the pocket of his trousers.

He sat down momentarily in his big green chair, watching her. Then he got restless and walked quietly out of the room and down the stairs. Her original dress was still draped on the back of one of the chairs. He picked it up and inspected the rips, then resolved to try to fix them. He had to search for a few minutes for his tiny little sewing kit that his mother had given him some time ago. He took out the thread that best matched the fabric of the dress and employed himself in trying to fix the dress. His process was painfully slow, he didn't want to mess up.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:42 pm
Shiva stirred a bit but remained asleep. She was just so tired that it was unreal. She smiled a bit smelling William's scent around her. She turned over getting comfortable and fell into a deep sleep.

She began dreaming of Coralia when things were good for a change. Helping people in the Healing Quarters and secretly get training lessons from her eldest sister Riza. Her dream was still happy even though it began to change. It changed to what her life was now on land, she saw William. She smiled even more, and her soul jewel was glowing and giving off a stronger pulse. She knew she had done the right thing giving him her jewel. She knew she had to admit it to him, her real feelings. She had been with other mermen, and none of them made her feel the way William made her feel. She wanted to stay even though she knew that it was impossible. Unless...  

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

Autodidactic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:48 pm
Later, William lifted the dress off of his lap and looked at it from arms length. From that distance you could hardly tell it had been mended, but upon closer inspection one could clearly see that it was a mans handiwork. He laughed at himself a little bit, then folded the dress up and placed it on the couch.

He got up and crossed to the kitchen, the brightest room in the house. He put the kettle on the stove, and stayed close, wanting to catch it before it started whistling. he made himself a pot of peppermint tea, wondering if Shiva would like it if she woke up any time soon. He got himself a large green mug of it and went back into the living room, putting on some classical music on low volume. Chopin's piano solos. He sat down in one of the overstuffed chairs near the window and picked up the novel that was laying, open, on the chair's arm. Les Miserables, his favorite novel. he had read it so many times that he didn't have to use a bookmark anymore, he could find his place in moments.

He opened to his favorite scene and began to read.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:56 pm
Shiva stirred again and opened her eyes hearing the music that was playing. She rubbed her eyes and looked around. She listened to the music playing and she smiled, it sounded beautiful. She got out of the bed and went out of his room. She smiled and the unconsciously, she began singing to the music. She went to the edge of the stairs and sat down at the top still singing.  

Shiva_Goddess

12,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

Autodidactic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:57 pm
William continued reading for some time when he noticed a voice singing. He got to his feet immediately, knowing who it was. He wondered how long she had been there and he not noticing her voice, as it seemed to compliment the music so well he didn't even stop to think why he had never heard the accompaniment before.

"Hey." He said simply, walking over to the foot of the stairs and looking up at her on the landing. She looked adorable, her eyes were still heavy with sleep but her skin seemed to glow again. Her hair and clothes were a little disheveled. "How was your nap? I was going to have dinner ready for you but I got distracted." He said, gesturing with the book in his hand.  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff