Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thomulus

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:24 am
Wow! That was a lot of posts to read! I am glad to see there are some Tolkien fans, some Terry Pratchett fans, and some Poe fans, all some of my favourite authors.

If you couldn't tell by my favourite, I am Canadian and spell that way. I am 15 years old and am in grade 9, so most of you are much older than me. Don't worry about my age though, I am very mature for my age. I have won several spelling Bee's, and can read/write 3 languages working on my fourth.(English, French, and Latin. Working on Italian). In school I loathe English due to the restrictions my teachers put on writing, giving you specific things to write about and a minimum amount of words. In school I have planned it out so I am taking all my Math's and all my Science's, crazy right?

As for my writing, on Gaia so far I have only written poems. Some of my poems are pretty deep, I'm not normally that way, I can just take one of my emotions, and exaggerate it until I feel that way myself. In RL I have never written out a plot in my life, which is why I fail at novels or writing chapter books, but give me an hour or so and I can write you a short story on anything you want. As in my application biggrin . When I write my posts won't be very pretty, I am still getting used to Gaia's BB codes, as u can tell by my avatar I'm pretty new.

Some Random stuff about me, my favourite colour (<
My real name is Thomas, but despite several username's and attempts, my friends still won't call me Thomulus sad . So please call me either or come up with a better nickname. Thanks for inviting me, and feel free to ask me to correct any spelling errors in your work, I am quite active on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:20 pm
Hello everyone! I'm Middy – and I LOVE to write (obviously). I'm twelve (pleeeeease no report-yyyy I'm going to be thirteen this year and I love my fluff plushies. XD)

I'm a prose writer, mainly, but I write poetry when I don't feel like writing out my ideas in a sensible manner. XD My pride and joy has been stepped on many times over, but as you can see I still want badly to improve my writing. Hence why i joined. I'm scared of the big bad writing forum and don't like flames a la deviantART, so i figured the guild was perfect! :3

Some of my tastes are... Well I like action. Fiction. I really, really hate non-fiction, it's just... not appealing to me. XD Unless it's something relating to something i like (French Revolution, anything involving the far east (Japan, China, Korea, etc)). For poetry I prefer free verse, Haikus, and "colour" poems (I prefer the Canadian spellings of everything. i dunno why, seeing as I'm from the US of A. XD)

As for music? Post-Grunge. Metal. Alternative. Self explanatory. XP

Well, that's it, i guess. XD  

Zaviire

Neophyte Raider

Les the Cat

1,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:35 pm
Hello all, I'm Les (although for some pretty heavy reasons I also go by James, Jim and the Iron Rose), 35, single, and one of those struggling authors. Struggling, in the sense of never actually been published. I do pretty much everything, short stories, poems, haiku, unfinished novels, dirty limericks - the lot. Big into sci fi, fantasy, detective, thriller, horror, etc. My favorite authors include Pratchett, Jordan, Asimov, Chesterton, Fleming/Gardner/Benson (big Bond fan...), Tad Williams and Jim Marrs (non fic.) If there's anything else you need to know, just ask!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:47 pm
Salutations,

The name's Yummy Ukulele. I need a better pen name. I am nineteen.

I describe myself as a tortured artist and beatnik, but to everyone else I'm known as a no-good hippie, a stoner, a freak, and "that girl who plays the ukulele", all titles of which I am perfectly content with.

I like genetically mutated clovers, drum circles, haunted houses, incense, kaleidescopes, hot chocolate, picnics, and waving to random people. I dislike sweeping generalizations, whining, fad bands, shaving cuts, and the Fox News Network. My all-time favorite writers are Garrison Keillor, Chuck Klosterman, and Beatnik poets.

When I'm not on Teh Interwebz, I am wishing I was on Teh Interwebz, bicycling, playing a musical instrument of some sort or making one, pondering, reading, creating something (i.e, writing, drawing, taking a photo, making a collage, etc.), looking out the window, or yelling at my dog to get off the furniture.

The Zizzer Zazzer Zuzz

Arlingtonn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:47 pm
My name is Jessica, I am 17, and I've been working on the same story for three years, which I now refer to as my 'master script'.
About once a day I'll start writing something new, but it's purely for practice because I have no interest in pursuing anything other than my master script.
The only thing I like besides writing thats worth mentioning is swimming. I'll be out in the water for hours. Which is funny cause as I'm writing this, my family is out swimming and for whatever reason, I'm not with them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:11 pm
User Image
My username is kitty868theonly! But, you may call me kitty for short if you must.

I write as a hobby, but I enjoy this hobby- very much. I write when inspiration hits me, I do not force myself to write. And when an idea comes to me, I take the time to plan it out from beginning to end. Sometimes my documents, on paper or on the computer, are quite lengthy (~20 pages or more). I have a few full length stories on my laptop, but now of them are complete. It's not that I have writer's block, it's the motivation. If I don't have it, I cannot write. I always take my time on it, I never rush. At least, I try not to...

Besides the writer side of me, I am a college student that is pursuing a science degree. I mostly keep to myself and I enjoy reading. I stick with reading mostly fiction; fantasy, magic, dragons- you get the idea. A few times I read non-fiction books; even if it's about someone's history. Depending on how it is delivered, I would enjoy it.

It's great to be aboard! I look forward to everyone's work! Thanks for making me join!

EDIT [12/16/2011]: This post will be the only one you will see in this guild, because as of today- I have quit/left this guild. I assure you that this is not the only one I have left, as I have left many others as well; many that are in the same condition as this one. Inactive for a long period of time, and most likely not going to recover anytime soon, especially to reach its former glory. I have taken down any and all of my material in the guild, any that was story/writing related. I would like to thank you for accepting me, for creating the guild, and for giving me a place to call home when I needed to get away from reality. My post count may have been small, but I was more of a lurker then anything; and I have been writing- just more so off of Gaia (most of it is NOT school/work-related). I will still be around on Gaia, active, but I will no longer be part of this side of Gaia. Thank you again, and may you reach your dreams- being a writer or whatever that may be. emotion_brofist
Avi. Art by Gentil Amant_Plaisir

kitty868theonly

Diligent Bibliophile

15,150 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

PukeFacedFreak

Familiar Friend

13,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:11 am

You can call me PFF, Pukey, Freak, Fartnugget, whatever.
I work for a newspaper. I don't write, I do layout. Pretty nifty, right? wink

I'm 25, I live in Southern California and there is a female under this avatar. And the avatar is female also, it's just hard to tell with all this awesomeness.

I would like to get back into writing. I really would like to participate in some writing challenges,... to challenge myself.

Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff