Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
How do you feel about straight pairings? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do straight pairings annoy you?
  YES OMG TOTALLY!
  Sometimes yes and other times no
  They dont bother me
View Results

Femme Mantis

Cute Punk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:11 pm
I like a few hetero pairings but most of them i don't like.

Alice/Oz (Pandora Hearts) Is a BIG no-no. Gilbert/Oz is win.
Sora/Kairi, Riku/Kairi are also big pains in the butt. Dx

I bash a lot of straight pairings but i'll admit to liking Axel/Larxene, Marluxia/Namine (KH II ), Haseo/Shino (Though Haseo/Endrance is better.) and just a couple others.

>.>
<.<  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:41 am
How about Me and Squee biggrin
rofl...just kidding xD
well, we act as couple in our role play anyways :p  

Issendai Xanthias

6,900 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

Insignificant Observer

Liberal Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:47 pm
I like all types of pairings - staight, slash, femslash. Straight pairings are only irritating when they're horribly stereotypical or when someone else (male or female) should be with the person.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:55 pm
*ugh* strait pairings, i shiver in absolute....*ugh* i mean, i automatically want to puke a little. I'm always trying to pair the strait couple off in a yaoi or yuri way.... sweatdrop  

Gabby_lover19

3,750 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Itsumo_Dreamer

Dangerous Lover

7,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:33 pm
O_O
I'm fine with it.
But yea..as for dramas if it is too obvious I get pissed off.

There was this manga I read. The girl and the guy don't like each other in the beginning. Then start to. But she has two other friends. both guys.
It's a gender bender manga so at first she was a guy to them. They find out she's a girl. One of her friends already liked her since long time ago.
But she still ends up with the other guy =.= the "new " guy.
I wanted her to go with her friend like SOOOOO badly. It would have made my day.....

Ah. and to ask.
if you are a girl.
Have you ever wished you were a guy so you could do -such and such- with them? I can only imagine guys doing -such and such- to me I've never seen anime, manga, drama or anything that has such things. ..I think I'm going to make a film..but yea.. I think it would be hot to do such and such...
closest thing is mayu shinjo's work...but not really...it's still pretty limited... ::sighs::
Or maybe I'm just a pervert because I read too much yaoi?..[[there is never too much..]]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:55 pm
No It's normal then Not interesting I love it when the girl likes the guy but then the guy likes another guy who has the same feeling but won't admit it.  

Mysterious Painter

Lonely Smoker

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sgt Darkwolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:48 pm
Depends on my mood. xD

When my previous girlfriend left me for a guy, straight couples annoyed me. Except for Colonnello x Lal Mirch, they are just too cute to hate. D:

But after a little while I got over it. As I said, it depends on my mood. A little more than half the straight couples in anime annoy me a bit.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:25 pm
Itsumo_Dreamer
O_O
I'm fine with it.
But yea..as for dramas if it is too obvious I get pissed off.

There was this manga I read. The girl and the guy don't like each other in the beginning. Then start to. But she has two other friends. both guys.
It's a gender bender manga so at first she was a guy to them. They find out she's a girl. One of her friends already liked her since long time ago.
But she still ends up with the other guy =.= the "new " guy.
I wanted her to go with her friend like SOOOOO badly. It would have made my day.....

Ah. and to ask.
if you are a girl.
Have you ever wished you were a guy so you could do -such and such- with them? I can only imagine guys doing -such and such- to me I've never seen anime, manga, drama or anything that has such things. ..I think I'm going to make a film..but yea.. I think it would be hot to do such and such...
closest thing is mayu shinjo's work...but not really...it's still pretty limited... ::sighs::
Or maybe I'm just a pervert because I read too much yaoi?..[[there is never too much..]]

XD lol i wish i was a guy sometimes *cause i actually am a girl* XDD just to see how it would go with my bf XDDD *laughs*
I told him that once and i think i really did scare him XDDDDD *lols*

I like some straight pairings, like NeoXTrinity from the Matrix <3 they just went together so naturally <3

I like KateXAlex too from the movie the Lakehouse <3

XD besides that....
i really dunno  

Aurumfae

Aurumfae

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:30 pm
Oh! I also like AragonXArwen <3 from LOTR <3  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:27 pm
Once I have a pairing stationed in my mind any rebuking is robustly disregarded. Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy is one such couple that shall eternally be cemented into my perception of reality; any mention of Hermione fundamentally disturbs this balance.  

[That_Guy]

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:12 pm
I'm ok with straight pairings.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:25 pm
If the shoe fits...

If the girl and the boy were a good match, one that would be help them both be stronger, better people who could support and love each other...then why feel anything other than a desire to congratulate them? Love is love, regardless of gender.

My problem is when people try to pair a boy and girl together simply because...the anime needs a relationship part, so they pair them together just because they are boy and girl.

Case in point, Hinata and Naruto. I feel that Naruto's overpowering presence and obliviousness would shadow Hinata, never allowing her the room to grow and bloom into a woman in her own right. In turn, Hinata is too gentle and hesitant to help Naruto with his own issues, since she is completely engrossed in her own problems.  

Vinhara

Spiral Insanity

Liberal Phantom

6,350 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:45 pm
They sometimes bother me. Especially with certain scenarios.

Though I have some favorite straight parings (some are odd)

SasukexHinata

ItachixSakura (She isn't all fangirly, actually has some fight in her.)

NarutoxIno (I personally like Ino with Naruto, Neji, or Gaara O.o Just something I got addicted)

Those are really the only parings I will bother to read, the rest is yaoi!!! =]  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:00 pm
Faberge
I absolutely adore heterosexual pairings.

What I can't stand is people who insist that because the creator placed a male and a female character together it is instantly a boring and stupid waste of time.

I think it's sad that a female character can be so quickly hated just because a fan wants to see their favorite male character with another. I feel just awful seeing that level of disrespect for the creator's ideas and hopes for their series.

Plus, there are just some homosexual pairings that are just pathetically stretched to the limit.

I will ship Kyon and Haruhi as much as I would enjoy seeing Kyon and Itsuki. Or I will ship Hungary and Austria as much as I like Prussia and Austria. It's all a matter of really seeing the relationship in all formats no matter the series.

I ship Kaiba and Anzu. I ship Kaito and Miku. I ship Ulquiorra and Orihime. Revy and Rock, and that my friends is a straight pairing you will NEVER call dul or annoyingl. I ship Yako and Neuro; Randel and Alice; Kittan and Yoko, Nia and Simon... and even Firo and Ennis. I don't see how heterosexual pairings can be dull, tasteless or annoying.

My biggest pet peeve is people saying that heterosexual pairings are cliche and have no substance. I can like my guy on girl as much as my guy on guy AND my girl on girl. I think it means your horizons are that much more open to experiencing what the creator intended from the series, as well as enjoying the pairings you enjoy shipping within, as yaoi.

After all; it's heartbreaking but I'm pretty sure 90% of the pairings fans like aren't canonical, but fan-created.

EDIT: Yes! I do like yaoi! And yes, I respect your ability to pair off whom you like. That is, of course, your own creativity. But I will defend heterosexual pairings just as vehemently as you slash your men. And then some. I'm an even-stevens girl: gay, lesbian, straight-- I'll enjoy it all, because that's my respect for the work the creators' put into their inter-character relations.

I applaud you biggrin  

black moon girl

JujYFru1T

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:15 pm
black moon girl
Faberge
I absolutely adore heterosexual pairings.

What I can't stand is people who insist that because the creator placed a male and a female character together it is instantly a boring and stupid waste of time.

I think it's sad that a female character can be so quickly hated just because a fan wants to see their favorite male character with another. I feel just awful seeing that level of disrespect for the creator's ideas and hopes for their series.

Plus, there are just some homosexual pairings that are just pathetically stretched to the limit.

I will ship Kyon and Haruhi as much as I would enjoy seeing Kyon and Itsuki. Or I will ship Hungary and Austria as much as I like Prussia and Austria. It's all a matter of really seeing the relationship in all formats no matter the series.

I ship Kaiba and Anzu. I ship Kaito and Miku. I ship Ulquiorra and Orihime. Revy and Rock, and that my friends is a straight pairing you will NEVER call dul or annoyingl. I ship Yako and Neuro; Randel and Alice; Kittan and Yoko, Nia and Simon... and even Firo and Ennis. I don't see how heterosexual pairings can be dull, tasteless or annoying.

My biggest pet peeve is people saying that heterosexual pairings are cliche and have no substance. I can like my guy on girl as much as my guy on guy AND my girl on girl. I think it means your horizons are that much more open to experiencing what the creator intended from the series, as well as enjoying the pairings you enjoy shipping within, as yaoi.

After all; it's heartbreaking but I'm pretty sure 90% of the pairings fans like aren't canonical, but fan-created.

EDIT: Yes! I do like yaoi! And yes, I respect your ability to pair off whom you like. That is, of course, your own creativity. But I will defend heterosexual pairings just as vehemently as you slash your men. And then some. I'm an even-stevens girl: gay, lesbian, straight-- I'll enjoy it all, because that's my respect for the work the creators' put into their inter-character relations.

I applaud you biggrin

*applauds as well*
I couldn't agree with you more. Everything you said is pretty much what I was going to say... except you said it much better XD
Anyway, I started out as a het shipper before I knew about yaoi or yuri (*cough*Pokemon*cough*) so yeah, I love het pairings. They actually still outnumber my yaoi/yuri ones, although those are catching up.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff