Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Religion , What do you believe? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeah,Religion
  Atheist.
  Boeddhist
  christian
  Jewish
  Muslim
  Pagan
  Other
View Results

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:23 pm
Geez, religion is so "out there" nowadays.

Well, let's get down to it.

---

I'm an apathetic Agnostic, so I don't know if there's a god, but I really don't care. I'd rather go with Karma, which is what my dad has believed in all along, and it seems to work for him. My mom was a Catholic for most of her life because her family was strict Catholic. However, she strayed from that path long ago, and I'm glad. I DID have to go to church when I was younger, but the only memory I have of it was when I was little and banged the back of my head on the pew and started crying.

For some bizarre reason, people think that if you say Jesus lived, you're a Christian, but if you're not a Christian you think he was made up.
Well here's the truth.

Jesus was a real man, he lived back about two thousand years ago. He did spread some of his beliefs, and he was crucified. I don't believe in a god, but I know this as a fact. Jesus was a real person.

I think that all of the extremists in today's relgions have really given religion a bad reputation. I don't really hate anyone for their religion, provided they don't shove it down my throat, but I tend to get uneasy around religious things (particularly Christian and Islamic things). That does not mean in any way that I dislike those religions, but let me put it to you this way:

Christianity: you're surrounded by it and people make way too many references to it. For some reason it's seen as the "good" religion. There's a lot I disagree with in this religion.

Islam: you've been subliminally taught to hate this relgion throughout life. You've only ever been told the bad things about it. It's seen as a "bad" religion.

How could I NOT help but dislike those two in particular?

Anyways, that's my rant on religion.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:25 pm
I don't really know what religion I am right now.

I believe in a greater being, yes. But I'm kind of skeptical about some things, most of them things from the Christian faith as that's what most of my friends and family believe.

I don't understand why someone would go to Hell for not believing in Jesus or God. Even if they were good. Even if they'd been told about God and/or Jesus but still didn't believe, but were still good, why should they go to Hell?
I don't get why God would send someone to hell just for being Homo/Bisexual. I mean, if He made them that way, why would He do that?
I'm not sure I believe in Hell... maybe a temporary Hell, but not Hell where you stay forever. Not sure I believe in the Devil either.
This sounds kinda silly, but I believe in different levels of Heaven. Like... level 1 is for people who went to hell and served their time. Level 2 is for people who weren't really good but weren't really bad either. Level 3 is for the good people. Bad explanation, I know, but it was the shortest I could think of. And you can work your way up, but also down.

That's just what I believe though.  

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

SimpleLittleMelody

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:34 pm
iNicoler
Like... level 1 is for people who went to hell and served their time. Level 2 is for people who weren't really good but weren't really bad either. Level 3 is for the good people. Bad explanation, I know, but it was the shortest I could think of. And you can work your way up, but also down.

I believe that's the Hindu version. Welcome to the club =P
I'm kinda on the fence about religion, I don't understand many things, but I'm willing to keep an open mind. That's all I can say for now since I'm young and foolish. I'll really get to know each, before choosing and judging though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:21 pm
I'm agnostic. I don't know if there is a god, and I don't really care....
I used to be Christian, but I'm glad I stopped believing in that faith. Before I was so concerned about right and wrong and what God would think of me for doing this or that, and now that I've let it go I feel free. ;D
And even if God exists, I don't agree with his way of thinking anyway. Even if you're a good person, you go to hell just because you don't believe? And you can go to hell just for being homosexual? What kind of twisted logic is that?
As far as the afterlife goes, I believe that when you die it's like going to sleep forever. That's what makes the most sense to me.

Akuma Dulcet

Happedol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:30 am
Happedol says:
This topic is still active! (This is me on another account. I must've posted this thread more then 2 years ago or something ._.). I'm an atheist now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:31 am
im more of a logical kind of person and like to relate like everything i hear (beliefs, creation stories, stuff like that) to science, math, and probability, the likes. so when i learned about religion and heard the stories and everything, my brain kind of rejected it i guess.

i cant go to church, every time i go, all i pretty much do is find flaws in the bible and things the pastor says. i can get so negative there it almost scares me. sad

it took sooo long and so much work on convincing my mom to let me stop going to church, she made me go every Sunday. finally, maybe, 6 months later, she said fine, and let me stay home. she still makes me pray every night though. i have not yet had the heart to tell her that i dont believe in God.

im perfectly ok with other people believing different things, we all have the freedom to do so, which is why i find it pretty outrageous when people (like my mother -.-") try to convert other people who really dont want to get converted. one of my friends (Catholic) is kind of like that too. i just hate the closed-midedness that lots of religious people have.  

tai-lerr--x

Dapper Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:36 am
When it comes to religion, I become confused with myself, especially when it comes to the afterlife.

I do believe in God, I know there is a higher being somewhere, watching down on us.

I only consider myself a Christian-Catholic, because of my parents. Truthfully, I've got no idea how to classify myself. I don't go to church every Sunday like the rest of my friends and family, not including my mom, dad, and sister, though I do pray.

When it comes to the afterlife, my mind begins to jumble up thoughts, and I lose track of what people can go to Heaven, and what people go to Hell. It confuses me that God would create people, who are atheist, and who are homosexual, but then they just go to Hell.

But yeah...thats my look on religion.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:06 am
Boeddhist?
You should look up the spelling before you post the thread.
If I was Buddhist, I'm sure I would be offended by that. I am a little as it stands.

In answer to your question: I'm Catholic, but do not believe in some of the same things as the church. For instance: I believe in gay marriage, I'm on the fence about abortions, I believe women should be able to be preists, and I don't think people should be forced into the "right" religion.

Life Hath Immortality

Happedol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:23 am
Life Hath Immortality
Boeddhist?
You should look up the spelling before you post the thread.
If I was Buddhist, I'm sure I would be offended by that. I am a little as it stands.

In answer to your question: I'm Catholic, but do not believe in some of the same things as the church. For instance: I believe in gay marriage, I'm on the fence about abortions, I believe women should be able to be preists, and I don't think people should be forced into the "right" religion.

Happedol says:

I posted this thread years ago + my native language is not English. In Dutch we write Boeddhist, I know now that it is actually Buddhist, but two years ago, I didn't. I support good spelling myself, but you can't always expect that from non-native speakers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:02 am
im pagan my friends told me that after i said that i pray to the moon and the sun and all and told me i was pagan  

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100

kckat_13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:23 am
I'm a Christian and proud of it! heart I go to Sunday School with some friends of mine instead of services. I also go to camps for it once in a while. So much fun! Oh yeah, I'm not one of those people who think people are going to hell and stuff like that. Also I don't judge. I don't care what you believe in or what sexuality you are. I'll talk to you.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:36 pm
Nothing. I don't carry any religious name. As far as I'm concerned they're all just ******** stories.  

vital_stitches

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:26 am
I'm Eclectic neo-pagan though I'm thinking of converting to Neo-Wicca.

I believe religion can be a very useful tool depending on the person. Some people do well with religion, others don't. I don't think religion should be forced on anyone, it should be up to that person to choose what religion they want to be apart of and what they want to believe. We have free-will after all.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:40 am
Ravynne Sidhe

I believe religion can be a very useful tool depending on the person. Some people do well with religion, others don't. I don't think religion should be forced on anyone, it should be up to that person to choose what religion they want to be apart of and what they want to believe. We have free-will after all.

I never really got what Neo-Wicca really is, could you try and explain that for me please? I always thought it was a bit weird to use the term 'Neo-Wicca' since the religion itself is failry young.

Happedol

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:47 am
Happedol
Ravynne Sidhe

I never really got what Neo-Wicca really is, could you try and explain that for me please? I always thought it was a bit weird to use the term 'Neo-Wicca' since the religion itself is failry young.
Neo-Wicca is basically solitary Wicca. It's the progressing idea that you don't need to initiate in a coven, and can practice on your own as long as you adhere to the rituals and don't add too much or take away the orthopraxic core of Wicca.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff