Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Renee Yuz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:07 pm
Hi, my name's Renee' and I'm still sort of new to Gaia, but I've been trying to lose weight for 2 years. I started 2 years ago weighing 282, February 06 I weight 304, I had gained weight while trying to lose it!! My mom finally decided to try to help me, and got us both gym memberships. But she never took me and cancelled them after working there for 5 months. Now I'm back to 281, so in 2 years I've lost a total of 1 whole pound! My goal is to get to 140, and I've got a long way to go. My main issue is what my family cooks, and their pressure to get me eating everything they put on the rather large plate. Their focus is "Fat and Happy" my focus is "The doctor said if I don't lose weight I'll lose mobility for the rest of my life because of complications with a bone deformity" everyone tells me I look great exactly how I am, but I don't feel great, it hurts a lot. And not just emotionally, I know I'm fine how I am, but I want to be better, and I don't want to be in a wheel chair because I weigh to much to walk.

Stats
------
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 281 lbs
Current BMI: 44
Goal Weight: 140
Goal BMI: 21  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:47 pm
Hey Im new to this guild and pretty new to gaia .you can call me maggitty88 or Maggie . I have very bad eating habits and i hardly exerise. I need some major motivation and thought maybe i'll get some here since i get none home. Ive had kinda a yo yo weight going on for the last 2 years and right now its the highest ever.

Height: 5'1"
Weight: 150 lbs
losing 15lbs biggrin
Goal Weight: 135

Madame de Sousa

Kiwi Girl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:06 am
Hello~!

Originally I joined this guild months ago, but because of being busy and the fact that I just plain procrastinate a lot, I never posted anything or started working on my weight issue again. crying

Well... I've been overweight since first grade and have mostly ignored it all my life. When I was about 15, however, I really buckled down and lost over 30 pounds. I still, five years later, beat myself up for letting all those pounds plus many more creep back.

I'm 21 years old; my boyfriend of five years asked me to marry him on August 8th, and I finally decided that it is time to take my life back. I want to buy whatever clothes I want and, most of all, I want to be able to fit into whatever wedding dress I want. I'm tired of feeling embarrassed and ostracized because of my weight.

Height: 5'2"
Highest Weight: 242 lbs (Only a few weeks ago)
Current Weight: 221 lbs
Goal Weight for 08/08/08 (My planned wedding day!): 180 lbs (41 pounds to go!)
Ultimate Goal Weight: 120 lbs (101 pounds to go!)

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:02 pm
I'm [.Vicodin.Dreams.] here on Gaia, but in real life my name's Ashley. You're welcome to call me Vikey or Ash or whatever. :] I've always been a little chubster, and recently decided to be the girl I want to be; healthy. I've always wanted it, but due to family restrictions, it's hard to keep a healthy diet. I've started cutting back on certain foods and it's been a few weeks since my last soda (I now only drink it on special occasions like going to the movies. That's a splurge day.) and I've really been sticking to water, milk, and iced tea with Splenda.

I'm 5'5", and the highest I've ever been was around 237, and a size 18/20.
I'm now 215, size 14.
My goal weight is 140, my expected weight.

I want to be able to shop in normal stores again.
:]

[.Vicodin.Dreams.]

Distinct Member

6,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Keren

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:04 pm
Greetings everyone! ~ heart

Name: Jennifer
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 170lbs
BMI: 23, I think.
Goals: 145lbs, or a comfortable size 10 in pants.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing secrets and stories about weight-loss. I wear a size 14 in pants, mainly because I have runner's legs. I have a -lot- of leg muscle, and hope that as I lose my tummy flub, I can stretch out some of my bulk muscle. I graduated high school in 2006 and moved out on my own with my darling boyfriend. We have a stable income, so I can choose organic foods and produce and whatnot... but it's also so easy to get some nice chocolate and sweets.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:46 pm
Keren
We have a stable income, so I can choose organic foods and produce and whatnot... but it's also so easy to get some nice chocolate and sweets.

Luckyyyyy. crying

StilettoReject

Aranel-Raina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:44 am
'Allo

I'm new to the guild (obviously why I am making an introduction) but am not new to Gaia. I've been here for around two years or so.

Last time I was on a scale I weighed around 250 pounds. That was a while ago. It's not looking to good.

I've tried to lose weight before but never seriously. Why? I'm pretty secluded at home and my whole family is overweight.

Now I am in my sophomore year of college. Being away from home has given me a different perspective. It's also given me encouraging friends who are willing to work out with me and support me.

I'm hoping to make more friends on here. It seems the more friends I have who know what I am trying and won't judge me, the better off I am.

Height: 5'7
Weight: 250
Would Like to lose: 100
Goal Weight: 150

Call Me Sarah. I'll be here for a while. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:22 pm
Hi, Also new here smile

I have lost 10 kilos over the last 6 months. I mainly used sparkpeople to reach this. I'm not totally there yet, I want to lose another 5 to 6 kilos. However I'm not in a hurry at the moment and I will try actively again next spring. I'm going to maintain my current weight over the winter. That is my goal for now. In the meantime I would love to help people who are still on the road to their goals.

I'm 26
Height: 1.65 M
Weight: 65 KG
Goal weight: 60 KG
My start weight was 76 KG  

Uniflame

Koneko Shai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi there! My name is Koneko Shai. Please call me Koneko or Shai or Koneko Shai or any variation of. ^_^ I'm 22 and live with my boyfriend of almost 4 years whom I couldn't imagine my life without. The area I live in is extremely expensive so I can't buy as many natural and organic foods as I'd like to (I really do think think they taste better and last longer!), but I get what I can. My biggest downfall is that I'm not very motivated to exercise, usually because of my work schedule (I'm an overnight baker so I go in at 930p and leave at 6a). I'm also a member of he Jewish Gaians Guild because I'm looking into converting. I'm open to PMs and all that so if anyone wants to chat or just needs a shoulder feel free to contact me.

H: 5'6
CW: 183
GW:130

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:58 am
Welcome to all of you new people! Good luck with losing weight! mrgreen  

Deadlock Victim

AlleriaX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:17 pm
Hi, I'm Alleria, or Rabbit. Pending on what you call me, but I respond to both. I was lucky in my younger years because I had a high metabolism and knew that fast food was bad for me. Now that I'm a bit older, there are some days where I don't have much choice BUT to eat fast food. Add on that fact that I'm birth Control so I can finally have a normal cycle for once in my life, and I've gained 25 pounds in a month and a half.
It does not please a cosplayer to have a pudge, knowing that people tend to critique the body more than the sewing. Cursed sites and communities.
In anycase, I need someone other than my friends and my boyfriend to tell me to go to the gym or eat right. I kinda need a place that I can post stuff and get some help. So, this is what I'm hoping for.

Height 5' 4"
Weight: 145
Goal weight: 120
BMI: 24.9 ( 0.1 away from overweight for my height. Guh)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:41 pm
Hi guys! My name's Hurky and I've been here on Gaia for almost a year now but joined the guild just this week. In real life, I was going to college but I had to quit to work for my dad in our two family businesses. In the past few years, I've been struggling with my weight. I've tried to lose weight, but I've had little encouragement. I have a bad habit of overeating and eating when I'm bored.
A lot of people in my family are overweight and most of them do not care about losing or gaining weight, and all they say is, "You're not fat! I am!" I have a sister who is normal weight, but she used unhealthy ways to lose weight. I want to lose weigh the right way with diet and exercise and a little encouragement from you guys. I've started a diet a few days ago and I've noticed a tiny bit of weight gone from my face.

Height: 5'5
Weight: (last time on a scale) 180lbs. I know it's not much, but a lot of my weight goes into my chest area and keeps getting bigger. I want the weight to go down the most.
Would like to lose: About 40lbs.
Goal weight: 140lbs.
BMI: 30. The site considered it obese.  

hurkydoesntknow

2,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kirei Chou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:43 pm

Hi everyone!
Im not new to gaia but joined this guild recently. I've always been sort of "chunky" growing up. I ate what I wanted and it didnt matter. Well a coule of years ago I was told I have hypothyroidism which means I easily gain weight but its a little harder to lose. Its not that I didnt care, but I suppose I didnt really see a reason to change my ways... until my weight kept going and going. Earlier this year I reached around 230lbs. I started to get really mad at myself because nothing I liked fit me anymore and I felt horrible and it was all my own fault. So I decided I needed to change. I started counting my calories and exercising at least 3 times a week, strength training and cardio, with the help of a great site sparkpeople.com. Since then I have lost 45 lbs, and am feeling better about myself with every step. I can usually get on Gaia daily providing I'm not at work, and thought I should join a guild with members going through the same things as me, to share this journey with.

Height: 5'5"
Highest weight: 230
Current weight: 185
Goal Weight: 140
BMI: 30.8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:43 pm
Hello everyone!! My name is Crystal, and Im 25. I currently weigh 260lbs. at 5'3.This is the highest weight I've ever been. Ive always been chunky my whole life, but at 12 I took control of myself and went from 180(yes as a 12 year old....) down to 140 by age 13. Eventually during highschool, I ended up ganging weight again and getting up to 240. Then when I was 18 I broke my foot during a martial arts demonstration. While I was sitting and doing nothing, I somehow lost 5lbs. By the time my foot had healed I was so thankful to be able to pratice that I praticed hard and watched what I ate, and went to bally fitness to help lose weight. Not only could I not wait to be active again, but the reason I broke my foot was my weight, I was doing a jump back piviot and landed on my foot wrong and my weight had crushed it.
So once I got back into everything, I ended up get back down to 160. From 240 to 160. Everything was fine for a while until my mom died, and my boyfriend of 3 years moved away and made it nearly impossible to see him..Not to mention the martial arts class that I was instructing had to be closed down because I got kicked out of my home because my landlord had sold the place. ALL within the same month. I couldn't handle it, losing two people who I loved nearly more than anything and everything else going on all at the same time. I nearly tried to hang myself, and absoutly did not care about myself at ALL. But I love food, so I ate. and ate and ate and didnt care to exersize. Now, 3 years later, Im STILL 260 with a few failed attempts of losing weight. Now, its not so much that I dont care, its more that Im so busy I get exhausted really easy and never have any energy. Not to mention, the extremely limited funds I have...1-3 dollars for lunch a day...its just so hard.
Well, I hope to meet some people here who can help keep me on the right track, if people are behind me (which is something I dont exactly have in real life, I have people who care but they all have thier ideas of what would help me loose weight and when I dont do what they suggest (which is very often conflicting) they give up on me and get pissed at me, and that makes me feel even worse. NOT to mention another something that is keeping it hard for me to control my own weight is I DO still live with my dad, and he cooks...and buys the food. He doesnt buy the best-for-you foods, and he doesnt always cook that healthy either. I just dont know what to do anymore sad However I do not plan on losing weight until the new year, then its ON!!!!!!!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(No thats not a cig in my mouth...haha)

Height: 5'3"
Highest weight: 260
Current weight: 260
Goal Weight: 130-160
BMI: over 40 I know that much.  

LadySilverNite

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games